[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

Sorry I should have said, istatmenus.

If I use istatpro (like your screenshot) I can also see temp of CPU 1 and CPU2 but not 3 and 4

Strange. Definitely worked fine before update.

Yeah I just installed it and noticed the problem, I honestly dont know whats causing the issue but my best guess its from the the program itself, maybe the developer will release an update. I cant test on a real Mac until tomorrow.

Yeah I just installed it and noticed the problem, I honestly dont know whats causing the issue but my best guess its from the the program itself, maybe the developer will release an update. I cant test on a real Mac until tomorrow.

Thanks for the info Cruisar!

These are my current PC specs-

Intel Core i7 930

GB X58A-UD7 Rev. 1.0(BIOS Version-F7)

6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

GB GTX 480

2 HDDs-

• WD Caviar Green 1TB SATA 3Gb/s
  • WD Caviar Black 80GB PATA

Now I have iAtkos S3 and I want to install SNOLEO on the 80GB PATA HDD. Is that possible using this guide(if not please help me out)? I can also install SNOLEO on my 1TB SATA hard disk on a 20GB partition which is currently occupied by Ubuntu. Please reply :D

Reply????

Hi,

i'm new on the scene...

i'm trying to install snow leopard with the preboot cd and i get a "serialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete sucesfully" error for 6 times and then a "still waiting for root device" error...

what can i do??

my configuration is:

asus p6x58d, intel i7 950 3.06, invidia quadro fx1800, corsair 6gb ram!

Hi Cosmin Petre, everything seems to be working fine from my end, see the screen shot.

i'm still on 10.6.4 using old ATI kext drivers in SLE.

anyone upgrade to 10.6.6 or 10.6.5 with ATI 4870 have any issues?

do i still need to restore some kext files from the old 10.6.x to SLE after i update to 10.6.6?

I have multiple fw800 drives and devices on my ex58-ud5, I simply purchased a pci-ex1 card that was revision 1.1 and 1.2 compatible that also stated native OSX support. Choose one that had 1394a and 1394b (800) ports on it (3 ports, 1a (400) and 2b (800), never had a issue, the only thing I can even mention is that in the logs, I get a firewire device uid 000000000000000000000 invalid, I've searched for dsdt edits, and basically, not come up with much, but like I said, 100% compatibility and support, hd camera's, external drives, all plug and play. never a issue. Im looking at my box right now for you, and its so generic, it doesn't even have a "brand" other than "Best Connectivity" PCI-Express IEEE 1394b Firewire controller card. Ahh, there we go in the corner, its using the TI XIO2213 firewire 1394b chipset, hope that helps.

Hello,

Just a question...

How do you plug that gear into the mobo ?

For me the PCI ex-1 port is way to close to the "metal cooling" plate and pipes of the mobo that I can't find any card that fit in. If anything is longer than the plug it self then it dosen't fit.

Am I missing something ?

Thank you.

best regards

nicos

I had a 10.6.4 installation working with the native powermanagement thanks to the guide from d00d. After doing some research I decided to take the plunge into 10.6.6. Unfortunately, I encountered some KP's and I started to try and fix it but my n00b-skills didn't really help. I decided to do a complete reinstall with DD's script because I had done that before. But already, after a few minutes I came across a problem with booting from my Boot Disk.

I have run into a peculiar problem. After being abroad for a while, I came home and dusted off my UD5-based hack'. It started up just fine in my old install (10.5 with early version of your script), but then I figured I should upgrade to Snow Leopard and read up on the newer script and everything. I made a boot disk from a 10.6.0 image with the script, but when I plug it in, the computer freezes at the splash screen (POST code 50 - init. keyboard and mouse).

I have since tried all sorts of stuff, including burning a preboot cd, which starts up but doesn't let me do anything (keyboard doesn't work). After scratching my head and trying different bios settings to no avail (turning off legacy usb support makes it boot, but only into my old install), I finally tried switching from PCEFI to C2rc5 (the one in your script) and now it passes the splash screen and goes all the way to Verifying DMI Pool Data... and nothing.

Is there something obvious I'm missing, or do you have some suggestion on what to try?

I seem to have the same problem as you Sapricot!

I have created a boot disk from a 10.6.3 image with the script and when I plug it in, it freezes at POST. It doesn't even pass on to the memory check, it just freezes at 'CPU: Core i7...'.

When I ran the script there was no option to choose a bootloader but the updated script from DD has the newest RC5 included anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, I formatted my drive with GUID and I have tried a second external drive to be sure but came up with the same problem.

Anybody any idea what I can do to solve this hanging?

---- Update ----

I installed bootloader RC5 r115 with DD's script (option 2). With this I was able to get across POST. I chose the 'replace' option and after it finished I put back the 3 files in the Extra's folder that I had backed up, which seems to have done the trick.

Not sure if this has been covered in here lately, but I haven't been back in almost a year.

I've been running everything fine on my machine from using this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1416253

I just updated to 10.6.6, not really worrying about anything since the updates never changed anything about the process. However, whenever I shutdown now, it seems to stall out. The texts scrolls up, saying which PIDs are valid and what not. Then it says something about a a stray/anonymous process (I believe it was some metadata process, but I am not sure if it is always that one). Finally, it says killing all processes and syncing disks and then it'll just sit there. I let it wait for a good 15 minutes last night. I can provide a picture of the screen if needed.

I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems after updating. Again, not sure if this has been brought up before.

Thanks.

Not sure if this has been covered in here lately, but I haven't been back in almost a year.

I've been running everything fine on my machine from using this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1416253

I just updated to 10.6.6, not really worrying about anything since the updates never changed anything about the process. However, whenever I shutdown now, it seems to stall out. The texts scrolls up, saying which PIDs are valid and what not. Then it says something about a a stray/anonymous process (I believe it was some metadata process, but I am not sure if it is always that one). Finally, it says killing all processes and syncing disks and then it'll just sit there. I let it wait for a good 15 minutes last night. I can provide a picture of the screen if needed.

I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems after updating. Again, not sure if this has been brought up before.

Thanks.

This hasn't been brought up before but since your setup is based on my short guide, I will suggest one thing.

Try updating your bootLoader. Downloaded DD's latest script and choose option 2 when in the bootLoader installation section.

2) Cham 2.0 RC5 mozo (r642 - Unofficial) Based on modifications to RC4.

Keep us posted on your results

Regards

Charles

Well that seemed to fix the shutdown problem. However, now it stalls out on the start up hah. It gets to the "System up time in nanoseconds: ...." and then just sits there.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help so far.

EDIT: Ah, I got a click glimpse of "DSDT file not found" I guess that would be a good reason for the kernel panic ha.

Well that seemed to fix the shutdown problem. However, now it stalls out on the start up hah. It gets to the "System up time in nanoseconds: ...." and then just sits there.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help so far.

EDIT: Ah, I got a click glimpse of "DSDT file not found" I guess that would be a good reason for the kernel panic ha.

Lol, I think you replaced the extra folder when you updated the bootLoader instead of telling the script to preserve the files.

after updating to 10.6.5 from 10.6.4 im getting these errors in kernel.log

Jan 9 16:49:23 localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by TarugaRefusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:23 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:23 localhost kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 0

Jan 9 16:49:23 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:23 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireFamily, v4.2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:23 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:24 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:24 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:24 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:24 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:25: --- last message repeated 7 times ---

Jan 9 16:49:25 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion ""ERROR: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!\n"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 353 goto ExitError

Jan 9 16:49:25: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Jan 9 16:49:25 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:25 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:25: --- last message repeated 3 times ---

Jan 9 16:49:25 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:25 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:26: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Jan 9 16:49:26 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:26 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:26: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Jan 9 16:49:26 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.kernel.libkern, v7.9.9: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:26 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.kernel.iokit, v7.9.9: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:26 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.kernel.mach, v7.9.9: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:26 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Jan 9 16:49:26 localhost kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived

Jan 9 16:49:26 localhost kernel[0]: ** Device in slot: SLOT-1 **

Jan 9 16:49:26 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID

anyone know whats wrong?

Hey guys I have a GTS250 and it only outputs thru vga, dvi and hdmi aren't working.

I checked GFX string and edited com.apple.boot.plist on the extra folders and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

P.S. I want to use dual monitors

I had a 10.6.4 installation working with the native powermanagement thanks to the guide from d00d. After doing some research I decided to take the plunge into 10.6.6. Unfortunately, I encountered some KP's and I started to try and fix it but my n00b-skills didn't really help. I decided to do a complete reinstall with DD's script because I had done that before. But already, after a few minutes I came across a problem with booting from my Boot Disk.

I seem to have the same problem as you Sapricot!

I have created a boot disk from a 10.6.3 image with the script and when I plug it in, it freezes at POST. It doesn't even pass on to the memory check, it just freezes at 'CPU: Core i7...'.

When I ran the script there was no option to choose a bootloader but the updated script from DD has the newest RC5 included anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, I formatted my drive with GUID and I have tried a second external drive to be sure but came up with the same problem.

Anybody any idea what I can do to solve this hanging?

---- Update ----

I installed bootloader RC5 r115 with DD's script (option 2). With this I was able to get across POST. I chose the 'replace' option and after it finished I put back the 3 files in the Extra's folder that I had backed up, which seems to have done the trick.

Can't say I'm glad to hear someone else having the same issue, but it's good to know it seems to be a real issue and not just me farking something up.

If you want "Generate C-states" to work, I think you need to have a newer version of cham2. If my luck with r426 is any proof, you could try that version. With D00d's dsdt (slightly tweaked for audio with a newer LegacyHDA, but otherwise identical), my setup works like a charm with 10.6.6 with only FakeSMC and LegacyHDA in Extra and RealtekSL1000 in /S/L/E.

One note if you run an Apple Raid setup like me: Make sure you copy over the new mach_kernel from / to the raid helper partitions after you update to 10.6.6, you could have some weird problems otherwise (I think...)

Can't say I'm glad to hear someone else having the same issue, but it's good to know it seems to be a real issue and not just me farking something up.

If you want "Generate C-states" to work, I think you need to have a newer version of cham2. If my luck with r426 is any proof, you could try that version. With D00d's dsdt (slightly tweaked for audio with a newer LegacyHDA, but otherwise identical), my setup works like a charm with 10.6.6 with only FakeSMC and LegacyHDA in Extra and RealtekSL1000 in /S/L/E.

One note if you run an Apple Raid setup like me: Make sure you copy over the new mach_kernel from / to the raid helper partitions after you update to 10.6.6, you could have some weird problems otherwise (I think...)

It just seems that this motherboard (GA-EX58-UD5) is just very picky. I used r115 on my USB drive to install OSX. After the install I simply installed r642 on my HDD with DD's script and now it boots fine from the HDD using r642. The problem only seems to exist when booting r642 from USB.

Anyway, I have no idea what C-States are so I'm not sure if I'll need it anyway ;-) your setup sounds very promising though. I've used d00d's method before, but it is not an easy thing to do when you're a n00b like me. Did you follow his guide or did you simply use a pre-patched DSDT for your setup? Maybe I should dive into his topic again for some more studying because I like the native powermanagement. Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment.

10.6.6 seems to be running smoothly using DD's script and this SleepEnabler.kext (with pmVersion=21 in boot.plist). :)

Hey guys I have a GTS250 and it only outputs thru vga, dvi and hdmi aren't working.

I checked GFX string and edited com.apple.boot.plist on the extra folders and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

P.S. I want to use dual monitors

I'm working with a GTS250 as well and I have no problems outputting through DVI. I used DD's script to generate an EFI string in my boot.plist. I'm not running a dual monitor setup but I have done that before and it worked, although somehow wake-up form sleep didn't work when using both monitors.

Sometimes it doesn't work to edit the boot.plist in the extra folder, there is actually another boot.plist but I'm not sure where. I've come across that problem before and sometimes it uses the boot.plist from the other location. Just try using DD's script to put the EFI string in the boot.plist.

anyone who updated to 10.6.6 are you still using the old 10.6.5 Sleep kext?

I'm not sure if this is the same kext as the 'old 10.6.5 Sleepenabler' that you describe but it works for me under 10.6.6. Remember to put pmVersion=21 in your boot.plist. Sidenote: It seems that this SleepEnabler.kext does not yet work under 64-bit, so be sure to have arch=i386 in your boot.plist as well.

Sorry I should have said, istatmenus.

If I use istatpro (like your screenshot) I can also see temp of CPU 1 and CPU2 but not 3 and 4

Strange. Definitely worked fine before update.

Thanks for the info Cruisar!

What version of istatmenus are you using? I have been stuck using 3.05 as all the updates after that cause some of the sensors to drop off.

What version of istatmenus are you using? I have been stuck using 3.05 as all the updates after that cause some of the sensors to drop off.

I've gone back to 3.05 to (re)enable sensors. This seems to be the best version for our machines.

Whilst researching the missing sensors issue, I stumbled on some work being done on FakeSMC to enable all sorts of monitoring sensors. Unfortunately most of it was over my head but I was wondering if anyone (Cruisar/D_D) were aware of this development? My understanding is it would enable various hardware sensors (through additional plugins) and an updated FakeSMC.

It just seems that this motherboard (GA-EX58-UD5) is just very picky. I used r115 on my USB drive to install OSX. After the install I simply installed r642 on my HDD with DD's script and now it boots fine from the HDD using r642. The problem only seems to exist when booting r642 from USB.

Anyway, I have no idea what C-States are so I'm not sure if I'll need it anyway ;-) your setup sounds very promising though. I've used d00d's method before, but it is not an easy thing to do when you're a n00b like me. Did you follow his guide or did you simply use a pre-patched DSDT for your setup? Maybe I should dive into his topic again for some more studying because I like the native powermanagement. Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment.

10.6.6 seems to be running smoothly using DD's script and this SleepEnabler.kext (with pmVersion=21 in boot.plist). :(

I'm working with a GTS250 as well and I have no problems outputting through DVI. I used DD's script to generate an EFI string in my boot.plist. I'm not running a dual monitor setup but I have done that before and it worked, although somehow wake-up form sleep didn't work when using both monitors.

Sometimes it doesn't work to edit the boot.plist in the extra folder, there is actually another boot.plist but I'm not sure where. I've come across that problem before and sometimes it uses the boot.plist from the other location. Just try using DD's script to put the EFI string in the boot.plist.

I'm not sure if this is the same kext as the 'old 10.6.5 Sleepenabler' that you describe but it works for me under 10.6.6. Remember to put pmVersion=21 in your boot.plist. Sidenote: It seems that this SleepEnabler.kext does not yet work under 64-bit, so be sure to have arch=i386 in your boot.plist as well.

Oh that's interesting... maybe I'll try r691 on the raid. If the problem is with usb as it says, then any bootloader on an internal sata drive should be fine. Thanks for mentioning that!

As for dsdt, I'm using d00d's premodified dsdt.aml (this one), but I also recently dared to venture into modifying it myself to fix the sound after I updated to the newer LegacyHDA mentioned in his guide (I was hoping to get my front headphone jack working, but still no luck with that... I might've plugged it in wrong on the motherboard, or it might be broken).

Hey guys,

Quick question. I've been having some beachball issues within the past week or so and can't seem to figure out why. Two main things in my rig have changed since it started, first being the update to 10.6.6 and the other is that I added a new HDD with a windows 7 install into my case.

Now I don't know why the update would cause something like this unless I have a kext or something that is only slightly obsolete, but I find it hard to believe that merely having another HDD with Win 7 on it would cause this kind of frustrating issue considering how many hackintoshers dual boot their rigs.

The problem seems to occur while on google chrome, I'll try to have a web page loading only to notice that the tab is still spinning like nothing is loading. From there I can still interact with my computer (pull up the dock, click on icons and have them bounce) but then I notice that nothing is actually functioning and I cannot even affect the OSX top bar. Sometimes the beachball stays isolated to when interacting with programs and sometimes it cripples the entire system. (Also when first booting itunes it seems to give me this problem as well)

The problem fixes itself after maybe 3 or 4 minutes of nothing, and then the system jumps to catch up with all the actions I made within its frozen period.

While I don't see why my Win 7 HDD would be doing this I know that it had done this in the past when I had a Win HDD in my rig, however, I attributed that entire ordeal to the fact that it was an old HDD and was in fact dying. I bought this brand new drive for Win 7 for the purpose of solving this issue.

Any dual booters or anyone have any idea what the hell I could be doing wrong?

Thanks guys,

Maiatico6

Hey guys,

Quick question. I've been having some beachball issues within the past week or so and can't seem to figure out why. Two main things in my rig have changed since it started, first being the update to 10.6.6 and the other is that I

Any dual booters or anyone have any idea what the hell I could be doing wrong?

Thanks guys,

Maiatico6

I'm a dualbooter and I have no problem with chrome and your problem has nothing to do with SL/Hackintosh

I'm a dualbooter and I have no problem with chrome and your problem has nothing to do with SL/Hackintosh

I'm glad that you don't have the problem, but that doesn't address the fact that I do and I'm asking the community for help. Since I am running a hackintosh system using methods solely from this guide and hardware specifically supported by said guide it does pertain to SL/Hackintosh.

Does anyone else have any advice or troubleshooting techniques I might want to look into?

I'm glad that you don't have the problem, but that doesn't address the fact that I do and I'm asking the community for help. Since I am running a hackintosh system using methods solely from this guide and hardware specifically supported by said guide it does pertain to SL/Hackintosh.

Does anyone else have any advice or troubleshooting techniques I might want to look into?

try changing Sata ports and make sure your bios settings are the same as the one DD has in the first post