[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

I CANNOT GET GEEKBENCH TO RUN...any ideas? IT only works as Rosetta and Im trying to confirm if my machine is running at full spec!

Is your Geekbench application a universal binary?

I suspect your system is not reporting the correct hardware info. What does your System Profiler report the Model Name and Model Identifier as?

MAJ

I used this script to get my hackintosh up and running. a couple weeks ago, I needed to upgrade my video card. I installed Nvidia GT 430. Since then, I haven't been able to boot into the OSX drive. When I boot verbose, it freezes right after "[AppleMultiTouchDevice::start] entered"

I was assuming this was related to my new video card, but after having rerun the new installer with what appears to be the proper Nvidia kext (NVEnabler 0.1). It seems to recognize my video card, but still doesn't fully boot.

I have 10.6.4 installed currently and read the notes about making sure I have the right SleepEnabler - but I don't have one installed, which also seemed like it was an option. I also installed a newer Chameleon (2.0 RC5 r650 trunk 644, i think).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Jordan

Hey DD and everyone, I need some help please. I have a XFX 5870 1GB and I'm having some issues to make my Hackintosh work.

I have a 1.5TB HD formatted in 3 partitions (GUID): 1 for Snow Leopard Vanilla, 1 for iAtkos (installed) and one FAT32.

Managed to install iAtkos 10.6.3 and from it install Vanilla 10.6.3 using the Hackinstaller (with Chameleon the latest version/option) but when I try to boot from it reboots right after chameleon load, doesn't even run the vanilla install. Am I missing some boot options like Graphics Enabler or so?

Also, should I try to install and use AnVAL ACPI Loader?

SNIP

Don't have anything to offer except to say that your GPU setup needs more work - answers may be found in the graphics forums.

SNIP

Without knowing what kexts are installed by iAtkos and what verbose mode may reveal during the boot process, it's hard to know what's happening. Is iAtkos installing a modified kernel?

MAJ

Without knowing what kexts are installed by iAtkos and what verbose mode may reveal during the boot process, it's hard to know what's happening. Is iAtkos installing a modified kernel?

MAJ

Forget iAtkos, my goal is to do a vanilla install, I'm only using iAtkos to install the final version and do the necessary modifications.

What do you recomend me to do? I have two discs (images actually) Mac OS X 10.6.0 and 1.6.3 both retail DVDs and Hackinstaller + kexts for this board already downloaded but I don't know witch bootloader/kexts/modifications should I use to make my vanilla?

Forget iAtkos, my goal is to do a vanilla install, I'm only using iAtkos to install the final version and do the necessary modifications.

What do you recomend me to do? I have two discs (images actually) Mac OS X 10.6.0 and 1.6.3 both retail DVDs and Hackinstaller + kexts for this board already downloaded but I don't know witch bootloader/kexts/modifications should I use to make my vanilla?

I'm assuming you may not already have a Mac on hand, so I'd recommend using the Preboot CD and install 10.6.3. Once booted into the install, run the DSDT patcher and install the RC5 bootloader. Although the bootloader should recognize your 5870 GPU, I'm not sure 10.6.3 has the drivers for them. So, it may get a little complicated.

Keep us posted.

MAJ

I'm assuming you may not already have a Mac on hand, so I'd recommend using the Preboot CD and install 10.6.3. Once booted into the install, run the DSDT patcher and install the RC5 bootloader. Although the bootloader should recognize your 5870 GPU, I'm not sure 10.6.3 has the drivers for them. So, it may get a little complicated.

Keep us posted.

MAJ

That's the problem: Preboot it's not working at all. Almost none Boot CD I tried allowed me to boot into retail DVD.

The only way I figured out how to install retail was installing iAtkos on a separate partition and them use your script + retail image to install into another partition, but when I boot from the vanilla retail I got this:

post-5507-1293385565_thumb.jpg

FabricioGS,

Looks like your system is booting properly, but just isn't able to display the graphics from the 5870. Can you boot into Safe Mode?

I'm not up to date on all the details of the 5870, but you'll probably need to update the OS to get the drivers for them, as the 5870 was only recently supported by Apple. Look into the ATI graphics forums for more info.

MAJ

P.S. Regarding the preboot CD, at what point did the CD fail? Was the Preboot CD not able to load the bootloader screen or, after booting the CD, was the DVD installer not able to load?

Hey guys,

Ive been trying to start up my system, and its seems like its loading all the files. But, it gets stuck at "IO80211Controller:datalinkLayerAttachComplete(): adding AppleEFIN.

Would changing the location of a kext help this? I don't really know what to do from here since it just sits there and gets stuck at the point.

Thanks.

Ive installed it using Method #3, but when I put the drive back in my PC and boot it up, thats where it snags. Sorry Im such a noob. But I dont really know what to do with the stuff you recommended above, since I already have SL installed, just not loading.

Ive installed it using Method #3, but when I put the drive back in my PC and boot it up, thats where it snags. Sorry Im such a noob. But I dont really know what to do with the stuff you recommended above, since I already have SL installed, just not loading.

Install Snow leopard

after

1- Copy "Extra" folder to HD

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=83522

2- Run DSDT Auto-Patcher

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=83540

copy DSDT to "Extra" folder

3- Install Chameleon RC5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=83523

4- reboot(use -v)

FabricioGS,

Looks like your system is booting properly, but just isn't able to display the graphics from the 5870. Can you boot into Safe Mode?

I'm not up to date on all the details of the 5870, but you'll probably need to update the OS to get the drivers for them, as the 5870 was only recently supported by Apple. Look into the ATI graphics forums for more info.

MAJ

P.S. Regarding the preboot CD, at what point did the CD fail? Was the Preboot CD not able to load the bootloader screen or, after booting the CD, was the DVD installer not able to load?

No, I'll try to boot into Safe Mode.

It boots with Preboot, I switch to retail DVD but just after loading the first few kexts, when it should start booting into verbose it reboots. 'm almost certain it's the 5870.

Anyway, thanks for your patience and help, I'll see what I can do, maybe some different methods.

Thank you so much for your help. I got SL installed. Now Im getting a Compilation Error from the DSDT Auto-Patcher. [Line 3185 type Error message Object does not exist (ATT3)]

[Line 5419 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PC1IO.POP1)]

and Im not getting any network stuff or graphic preferences.

I have a hp e9209f.

I restarted my computer, and now Im getting the black veil of death! Help!

Ok, I re did the install. I followed the guide exactly. Although, I did take to kexts out of the repository and installed them. This seemed to make all the difference! Anyways, I did get a few failed errors on the DSDT (it was for the Power Button, Sleep and something else I think). I restarted my computer and it went to the desktop thankfully! Now do I need to do anything else? Seems like my video card and internet is working fine.

OK, I lied. Im unable to install Logic because it says I have no VRAM. I have an Nvidia GTX 260. My resolution wont change now, its really low. Which kext should I use? Ive tried Netkas and another one I forget. PLEASE HELP! :wallbash:

Enable graphics enabler in the boot.plist

Thank you so much for your help. I got SL installed. Now Im getting a Compilation Error from the DSDT Auto-Patcher. [Line 3185 type Error message Object does not exist (ATT3)]

[Line 5419 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PC1IO.POP1)]

and Im not getting any network stuff or graphic preferences.

I have a hp e9209f.

I restarted my computer, and now Im getting the black veil of death! Help!

only original DSDT, without mod

Video

use Nvenabler

NVEnabler_64.kext.zip

remove GraphicsEnabler and others

put in S/L/E

double click in KextUtility

http://www.mediafire.com/?41279tilghd9zrq

send me your DSDT

run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

only original DSDT, without mod

Video

use Nvenabler

NVEnabler_64.kext.zip

remove GraphicsEnabler and others

put in S/L/E

double click in KextUtility

http://www.mediafire.com/?41279tilghd9zrq

send me your DSDT

run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

OK, thanks!

How do I send you my DSDT? Where do I find it?

run on terminal

will be generated on the desktop

Hi guys,

Allright, maybe a little off-topic, but I will ask the question anyway:

I have my hackintosh based on a GA-EX58-UD5 now for more than a year and I'm pretty happy about it. But I've never got Redsnow working (to jailbreak) my ipad... I think I need some kind of extra driver for my usb ports... Redsnow always crashes on the white screen, but it works perfectly on my windows machine... so it has to do something with the fact that it's a hackintosh... anyone experienced the same as me?