[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

Guys, I'm newbie with hacks. I bought my hackintosh installed and ready for work.

I had the same audio problem after update to 10.8.5. Please someone to explain me in easy language how to add those kexts. Till now I was using the HackInstaller script. I tried to install the kexts again with it but without a result. Please, help me!

1. Where to put those files AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext?
  2. How to removing the npci=0x3000 from org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Ivo Minchev

@VirusXcan You may attach yours DSDT please? How quick and easy inject sound card to dsdt?

The DSDT I'm using is linked in my signature. When you search for my last posts, you'll also find more info about my install method with Clover boot manager. Good luck

Guys, I'm newbie with hacks. I bought my hackintosh installed and ready for work.

I had the same audio problem after update to 10.8.5. Please someone to explain me in easy language how to add those kexts. Till now I was using the HackInstaller script. I tried to install the kexts again with it but without a result. Please, help me!

1. Where to put those files AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext?
  2. How to removing the npci=0x3000 from org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Thank you in advance.

Installe the kext with kext wizzard just clic installation and drag the kext on the window , like this 

kexwiz10.jpg

and for editing the boot plist,  right clic and just choosing to open with text edit  :D

• Like 1

Sorry guys. Probably I miss something (in translation ot not). I open the file "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" located in /Extra with TextWrangler. There is no npci=0x3000 or similar text in that file. Here is it's content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32@60</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>"Data"</string>
</dict></plist>

Please guys. I'm a musician and I need the sound on my PC.

Sorry guys. Probably I miss something (in translation ot not). I open the file "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" located in /Extra with TextWrangler. There is no npci=0x3000 or similar text in that file. Here is it's content:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<string>"Data"</string>
</dict></plist>

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<string>"Data"</string>
</dict></plist>

Did you take a look at the control panel "Sound" !? Perhaps you didn't choose the right output.

Coming in a  few days:

UPDATE: version 8.0

• OS X 10.9 Mavericks ready.
  • Includes latest Chameleon v2.2 RC5 bootloader (r2265).
  • Support for Fusion drive. Not fully tested, as I don't have a Fusion drive setup. Would appreciate any brave volunteers.
  • Support for nested RAID drives (RAID within RAID). Not fully tested, as I don't have such a setup and didn't think this was possible at first. But, I've had users attempt to use the script with such a setup and it was a disaster. Would appreciate any brave volunteers.
  • Support for Advanced Format or 4K Sector drives (Most hard drives sold since 2011). These drives make it hard to install the stage-1 bootloader, which can lead to a "boot 0: GPT" message at boot (in the case of a single drive install) or the bootloader switching to another drive where it finds a valid bootloader. The best way around this issue is to install the bootloader with the target drive unmounted.

Auto method: If the script determines the target partition is not the booted drive and the HackInstaller script is not running on that drive, it will attempt to unmount said drive and perform the stage-1 bootloader install. If it is not able to unmount the drive for some reason (open file, app, etc.), the install will fail and the log will show "Resource busy" at that point.

Manual method: After entering the Bootloader installer, you can eject the target drive and then proceed with the installation.

Install environment: Attempting to install the bootloader on this type of drive within the installer appears to be only possible if it is done prior to installing the OS. (Once the installer has installed the OS files, the script is unable to unmount the drive.) So, try installing the bootloader from the script first by getting the script to copy itself to a drive other than the target drive. This is important, as the script cannot unmount itself! Again, select a different "target" drive and allow the HackInstaller to be copied to it, then change your install target back to the desired install drive. This way, the script can safely unmount the target drive for a successful bootloader install.

• Changed bootloader update checking and download behavior: Website authentication via command line (curl) has become way too difficult to reverse engineer and the goalpost is always changing. Not worth spending more time and effort on this! However, the script will attempt to determine if an update is available and then open the target webpage in the default browser where the user can download the binaries. The update package can then be dropped into the HackInstaller's ~extra folder for automatic processing.
  • Menu has been reordered: It is in the sequence one would use when installing, starting with OS Installer. Boot Disk Creation has now been moved to OS Installer, as it is the main feature used to install OS X.
  • Added updated Default theme that include Mavericks icons.
  • DSDT Patcher: Added native power management patches. After running this routine, you should be able to uninstall the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext, and add two bootloader flags (GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates) to enable the built-in power management features. As for OS 10.9 Mavericks, some extra DSDT editing was required to get the AppleLPC.kext to load for fully functional native power management.

If the script is not able to create a complete fix here (it will tell you one way or another), reboot without loading a DSDT file and rerun the HackInstaller patcher to generate a clean DSDT with fix.

• DSDT Patcher: The script no longer uses fassl's DSDT Patcher utility, as many fixes are now built into the script (but not all). This required that a common fix be scripted in for the "Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)" error.
  • Added fix in Assorted Utilities for "Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012" when using the DVD player in Mountain Lion or Mavericks.
  • Script recognizes and works with the Growl 2.0 and the new notification system introduced in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.9 Mavericks. Growlnotify 2.0 for the command line is included.
  • Updated FakeSMC.kext to v5.3.877, which includes an updated HWMonitor app (in Misc_Patches repository).
  • Added updated AppleRTC.kext for 10.9 Mavericks. However, I'm finding that CMOS reset after wake from sleep still occurs on occasion.
  • Added Slice's RealtekR1000SL.kext v3.0.4 network driver, which includes support for RTL8168E,F/8111E,F. This is supposed to be better than Realtek's native driver.
best of wishes,

MAJ

P.S.

You guys are going to love Mavericks.

My favorite feature: automatic sleep, finally. (with no DSDT editing, that is.)

• Like 8

MAJ glad to see you're still working your magic. I just upgraded to a Haswell CPU and Z87X chipset board, still gonna use your script as it does a lot of the heavy lifting but from what I'm reading should be a lot easier than the older boards.

Thank you again for all the help you've given us over the years, keep up the good work :) 

great to hear that you are still around and didn't update yet ;) 

I'm planning to use this machine at least for one more year so I'm very eager to try out Mavericks.

I've been using the Clover bootloader since iMessage broke last winter and I have very fast boot times. If you find the time, maybe you can include Clover as well in your script...

best wishes,

Maxim

HI DD,

I love it! I have three EX58 running using your script. As I was suspect about using 10.9 combined with your script, I first tried it on my reserve HDD. Runs perfectly using the same kexts. Anything goes. USB3.0, Sound, Sleep, Wake, parallel SCSI, patched AppleRTC, all from ML. Even iMessage and AppStore OK. Now I am really getting silly..... I cannot modify my original ML Drive for Mavericks as your script does not run on it. Once I recognized this I went back here... And- you are a god - you did tell the world your script would be arranged for 10.9 within a few days. I love it!

Thank you!

Philipp

PS: Ok, I got it. I just use my other ML-Hacks for updating my first server HDD, works! Always great to have a few reserves to ply with!

... Had to patch the AppleRTC from 10.9 as 10.8 made trouble. Now all stable here.

UPDATE: 10/12/13 - version 8.0 beta
Link: HackInstaller 8.0 beta

Give it a try guys.
There are a few known bugs, but hopefully no showstoppers.

• Bootloaders: Compiling builds in Xcode 5.0 in Mavericks fails. Some are bugs in Chameleon and some are bugs in the compiler. So, just use the precompiled builds.
  • Script does not process any of the downloaded bootloader builds, yet. I still have that to finish.
  • Native power management: Unless the DSDT is modified further, the AppleLPC.kext will not load at boot and CPU temperatures will be roughly 10 degrees C hotter. The script will fix/patch this issue, but only on a clean, unmodified DSDT (actually, a DSDT that has not had the device ID for LPC Controller added). That is, if you boot without a DSDT file (with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed), the fix can be applied by the script's DSDT patcher.
  • Apple RAID: Currently, Mavericks boots in Apple RAID only using the script's "Combo boot" or using the kernelcache method. To use the kernelcache, all kexts need to be installed into /System and the script will set the kernelcache flag as "Yes."
  • EFI partition setups: Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and Mavericks 10.9 changes the behavior of the EFI partition. Previously, we were initializing the EFI partition as a HFS file system, but this doesn't appear to be possible now. The script will still work with existing EFI partitions that were setup as HFS, but will no longer be able to mount and view them in the Finder.
    The new method now is to leave the EFI partition as is, as a MS-DOS FAT32 partition on a freshly partitioned GUID drive. The v8 script will work with this setup now. So, going forward, I recommend existing users with HFS formatted EFI partitions to re-partition their drives. A simple erase will not suffice.
  • Growl notifications via growlnotify in Mavericks appears to be sporadic. This is a known issue.
  • Keep in mind the Chameleon bootloader uses the kernel cache by default. The latest version of HackInstaller automatically modifies the UseKernelCache flag depending on whether kexts are installed into /Extra or not.

kind regards,

MAJ

P.S. I'm not posting this update to the front page, until the script is finished to my satisfaction.

• Like 1

Hi d_d,

Thank you so much to maintain this script for so long time !

I'm writing this with my new Mavericks GM ! and of course with your splendid new 8.0 beta script (whish Apple made beta's as you do )  :thumbsup_anim:

My steps:

1. Created Mavericks Install disk with 10.9 GM

2. Install on dedicated harddisk (Mavericks GM)

3. From ML 10.8.5 installed with the script bootloader and kexts (changed some kexts for personal purpose)

4. Copied from ML/Extra to Mavericks GM/Extra ( DSDT.aml; org.chameleon.Boot.plist ; smbios.plist and my ati.rom)

5. Reboot on new Mavericks GM with bootflags -v -f

6. Migration of my account from ML10.8.5 disk

7. And it works very good, so far nothing weird  (even my Google mail account has no problem ! )

Here are some snapshots

Found updates for AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext (0.4) AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext 2.4.7(-from toleda) for ALC885/889a

Using USB3 card with GenericUSBXHCI.kext (1.2.6)

Bye

:)

post-305243-0-84519200-1381598125_thumb.png

post-305243-0-63767100-1381598139_thumb.png

post-305243-0-34790900-1381598151_thumb.png

post-305243-0-89904800-1381598161_thumb.png

i seem to always have issues with audio every update. i can't seem to get it working again. what is the process for audio with your scripts?

ive previously used mbeast to get it working with previous updates. i "think" ive cleaned out the old ##### stuff and reran this script. it installed the kexts to /Extra but i still do not have audio.

i have a ga-ex58-ud5 so its 889a

default behaviour is it installs applehda, hdaenabler, and alc885hda to /Extra

Give it a try guys.
There are a few known bugs, but hopefully no showstoppers.

iLLNESS,

Those audio kexts should be installed in /System to work properly.

That should do it!

MAJ

@ROBASEFR,

Thanks for your feedback and updates!  :thumbsup_anim:

MAJ

ah okay thank you. i will have to try that next. i ended up just reinstalling kexts with mbeast and that ended up working.

UPDATE:

installing default kexts to /System worked. linein wasnt working like it normally was for me so removed ALC885HDA so now just left with AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 and all is well.

only issue i'm finding is rebooting takes FOREVER. Shutdown works normally but reboot takes a couple minutes. might just be something with maverick though i haven't really looked much.

I'll be giving this a run this week, my old raid drives SMART Errored out, so I only have my one backup boot disk( which was setup for my old board (duh) that I didnt make the necessary changes to for the new board before the swap... Luckily I have a buddy with a MacBook that I'm gonna use to set up a new boot thumb drive and will just go fresh install, and recover my files from my Time Machine setup. If I hit any snags not related to the different hardware I'll let you know, from what I'm seeing should be pretty easy to get her up and running, especially with your scrips MAJ, with minimal extras.

Thanks again MAJ for the time and effort you put into this beast of a script for those of us with much less coding skills than you.

Jeff

HOW TO: Mavericks GM on GA EX58-UD5 with Clover bootloader

I'm still in the testing phase but I want to share my experience so far:

1) Install Mavericks on a spare partition (using for example D_D's script, or just do it yourself ;) ) but don't boot into it yet.

2) Get Clover from here (I'm using r2236 right now) or compile the newest version with clovergrower (Pro)

3) Run Clover installer and install on a thumb drive (!!) - this is important because you can edit Clover until you have a satisfying config and you don't change anything on your current setup

4) copy FakeSMC (I'm using 5.3.891) and IONetworkingFamily.kext to EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.9

5) edit your config.plist in EFI/CLOVER accordingly. (Use Xcode for a more comfortable way to edit) I'm posting here my current config and will update it when I change something important:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>15</integer>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>npci=0x2000</string>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>Mav testbed</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Fast</key>
		<false/>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>-1</string>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelCpu</key>
		<false/>
		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
		<true/>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>HaltEnabler</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixDarwin_0002</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
				<true/>
				<key>AddMCFG_0008</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixHPET_0010</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FakeLPC_0020</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixIPIC_0040</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixSBUS_0080</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixIDE_0200</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixSATA_0400</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixFirewire_0800</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixLAN_2000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixAirport_4000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixHDA_8000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>DMAR</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>CpuPm</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<true/>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>PLimitDict</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>UnderVoltStep</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>MinMultiplier</key>
			<integer>8</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>DisableDrivers</key>
	<array>
		<string>Nothing</string>
	</array>
	<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>MountEFI</key>
		<true/>
		<key>LogLineCount</key>
		<integer>3000</integer>
		<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
		<string>10</string>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>TextOnly</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Language</key>
		<string>en:0</string>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>metal</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>5</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
		</array>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>No</string>
		</dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>IntelGFX</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>SATA</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>WIFI</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>LAN</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>XHCI</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
		</dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<true/>
			<key>AddClockID</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<true/>
		<key>InjectSystemID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>PatchVBios</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

6) boot from thumb drive, select your mavericks partition and you should be ready to go.

Was is working out of the box?

- sound

- sleep & wake from sleep (although I just had a KP after the 10th time or so - have to investigate further)

- restart & shutdown

What problems did I have?

- at first I had a problem while booting because of the ACPI platform drivers. This was solved in my case by setting the DSDT fix of the SBUS to false.

- I couldn't log in into any iCloud service including the AppStore and Messages. This was fixed using this guide. It was caused by my bluetooth adapter. The bluetooth adapter was en0 and my network connectors were en1 and en2. I also described it here.

I can really recommend the Clover bootloader! Fast boot times, no struggling with kexts, DSDT patches can be applied on the fly and the development is fast. Thanks to all the Clover devs!

Good luck!

FakeSMC.kext.zip

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Hello MAJ,

Well, after some days using my Mavericks GM on EX58-UD5 some comments on the 8.0 beta script:

- I don't have sleep/ wake support any more (like ML with the same DSDT)

- The script doesn't work 100% when I remove a kext in the 10.9 subfolders ( leaving the " kext to remove"  in "/System/Extensions" ) and "Extra/_Kexts_For_System" folder

Do I have to use a patched AppleACPIplatform.kext  ?  as some others suggest

Has this something to do with PowerNap ?  http://www.osx86.net/files/file/92-appleacpiplatformkext-for-os-x-109-dp%C2%B4s/

I tried also without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ( which i didn't need in ML) , but no difference

Thanks for your feedback

@ROBASEFR,

Are you saying your system is not able to sleep at all?

Is your DSDT modified, outside what the script does?

I would try the following, if you haven't already:

Boot with the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed and without a DSDT.

Run the DSDT patcher in the script.

Uninstall the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and reboot.

I've never used the AppleACPIplatform.kext.

My system power naps - wakes periodically and checks email and does a Time Machine backup and goes back to sleep.

However, there is not PowerNap on/off option in the Energy Saver preferences, like I've seen on various websites.

Plus, sorry to say, I've never experienced the issue with kexts failing to uninstall from /System/Extensions and /Extra/...System when the kext is moved to the repository.

Please provide me your install log and I'll look into it. digital(underscore)dreamer(at)mac(dot)com

I realize everyone's system is different and everyone does things differently. That's why it's easy for me to run the script "flawlessly" because I wrote it and know what should be done or not done, and what should be expected. However, I'd be deluding myself to think everyone runs the script the same way I do. So, I really need to weed out those variables and make sure it's fool-proof.

Just as an example, someone recently told me the script is unable to work properly in the OS installer. Then, I found out he renamed the script's folder after it got copied over. That broke the file path.

Just a simple little innocent change like that can create a tremendous amount of frustration for the user. So, I've had to learn to not assume everything is going to go just precisely the way I expect them, and allow the script to be more forgiving and less rigid in its rules.

I have lots of fixes coming up.

best of wishes,

MAJ