[Mini Guide] SL working on Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

iRobie

934 posts in this topic

I have not tried my mic on either port so I am not sure and I have full volume but I will take a look and get back to you. Did you make sure you do not have voodoohda or a hacked driver anywhere other than the ones found here? In order for it to work your dsdt must be right and the Legacy driver must be in extras you must make sure that if you loaded any other drivers they must be removed.

Quick note to anyone that is not already dual-booting W7 and SL on one HDD through Conti on the IRC channel pointed me to the following page and I am happy to say it worked like a charm.

Click here

I dual boot, but on this computer it's on two hard drives. My Dell Mini is on one, as is my Wind PC. Good stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

im having a bit of a problem with this board. (or so i think)

everything works very very good .. but .. out of nowhere my hd lights turns on and stays on .. system crashes .. and upon reboot it wont find my hd. tried 2 hds already and same goes for both .. system can e up for days and all of a sudden itll just crash and hd wont be found in bios (something is found in bios but its not my hd) instead of finding my 500Gb it shows up as blank " " "67Gb" hd. any of you experienced that and know how to fix it ?

im having a bit of a problem with this board. (or so i think)

everything works very very good .. but .. out of nowhere my hd lights turns on and stays on .. system crashes .. and upon reboot it wont find my hd. tried 2 hds already and same goes for both .. system can e up for days and all of a sudden itll just crash and hd wont be found in bios (something is found in bios but its not my hd) instead of finding my 500Gb it shows up as blank " " "67Gb" hd. any of you experienced that and know how to fix it ?

Doesn't it sound like it might be resetting his BIOS?

Well giving credit where credit is due I would like to thank iSoprano, Master Chief, and MM69 without whos work I would have probably not figured this out.

I have patched my dsdt I think to the fullest extent.

1 USB highspeed patched to show as internal not expansion slot

2 RTC fix

3 Hpet Fix

4 AppleLPC fix

5 CPU fix with this and the fix above I am no longer using openhaltrestart.kext or NullCPUPowermanagement.kext

6 Audio Fix still need the Legacy HDA though.

7 _WAK fix

8 DTGP Fix

and using the modified Asere boot file for Chameleon my I no longer need the Platform UUID.kext and I now have more accurate information in my System Profiler.

After these DSDT fixes and the Boot file

I only have 2 files in my extra folder LegacyHDA, and FakeSMC.

If you would like I can post my dsdt file later on and if you use it you must make sure that any voodoopower or pstatechanger kexts are removed. so with the exception of Chameleon and the 2 files I mentioned in my Extra folder I am as close to Vanilla as I think anyone with a G41M can be. I will post other updates and work on the Audio more as I have time.

Well giving credit where credit is due I would like to thank iSoprano, Master Chief, and MM69 without whos work I would have probably not figured this out.

I have patched my dsdt I think to the fullest extent.

1 USB highspeed patched to show as internal not expansion slot

2 RTC fix

3 Hpet Fix

4 AppleLPC fix

5 CPU fix with this and the fix above I am no longer using openhaltrestart.kext or NullCPUPowermanagement.kext

6 Audio Fix still need the Legacy HDA though.

7 _WAK fix

8 DTGP Fix

and using the modified Asere boot file for Chameleon my I no longer need the Platform UUID.kext and I now have more accurate information in my System Profiler.

After these DSDT fixes and the Boot file

I only have 2 files in my extra folder LegacyHDA, and FakeSMC.

If you would like I can post my dsdt file later on and if you use it you must make sure that any voodoopower or pstatechanger kexts are removed. so with the exception of Chameleon and the 2 files I mentioned in my Extra folder I am as close to Vanilla as I think anyone with a G41M can be. I will post other updates and work on the Audio more as I have time.

Bravo!

Here are the DSDT and the boot file....

Boot File will replace the boot file in your root directory just drag and drop that simple

DSDT replaces existing DSDT file and remember it enables vanilla speedstep and sleep so make sure sleepenabler.kext and any voodoopower kexts and pstchanger.kext are removed. reboot and post progress.

You should also be able to remove the openhaltrestart.kext, PlatformUUID.kext, NullCPUPowermanagement.kext from your extras folder.

As mentioned above I only have the FakeSMC.kext and LegacyHDA.kext in my Extras folder.

Boot_File_and_DSDT.zip

Well after talking with a long time friend from a previous build on a different system he turned me on to a program called Lizard. It will allow you to modify Chameleon, your smbios, or even create a custom boot cd that you can load you own dsdt, smbios and other extra items so you can have an easier install it is a great find and very easy to use just thought I would let everyone here know. The nice thing easy it will allow you to easily switch Chameleon themes and minor modifications as well

http://www.darwinx86.net/software/darwinx86_software.html

Very cool! I installed the Chameleon Preference Pane when I made the switch to 64bit. I like the look of Lizard better.

I tried your DSDT file & it didn't work for me. Speedstep and Sleep both stopped working. What bios version are you on? I'm on F6.

Well after talking with a long time friend from a previous build on a different system he turned me on to a program called Lizard. It will allow you to modify Chameleon, your smbios, or even create a custom boot cd that you can load you own dsdt, smbios and other extra items so you can have an easier install it is a great find and very easy to use just thought I would let everyone here know. The nice thing easy it will allow you to easily switch Chameleon themes and minor modifications as well

http://www.darwinx86.net/software/darwinx86_software.html

Does the Darwin site that uses English? My French is poor!

It shows in English on my screen did you follow my link?

Mine too, but I tried to follow the link to the parent site to get some more info, but it's all French. I wonder if there is a mirror site in English? I didn't see the link to the "software" link that you sent either....?

Okay for anyone interested I have created a Boot CD and a post installer package. This will get you up and running with minimal effort. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post it up.

Okay for anyone interested I have created a Boot CD and a post installer package. This will get you up and running with minimal effort. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post it up.

yea I will try it out. I have my USB boot drive set up so it is pretty easy for me to go in and change stuff if it dosent work. I tryed all the other boot files from your previous post but none would boot and acouple gave me fatal errors.

I would also like to be able to take that boot file apart to see how it is put together if that is possible.

I'm just wondering how it works so I can maybe put my own boot file together. And thanks for the lizard program, pretty neat stuff.

Well as far as sleep restart goes mine worked great until I did a clean install and tried a few different things. Then I had the sleep upon wake from keyboard it rebooted I will be looking into this today I am sure it is nothing serious and probably has more to do with settings than dsdt. Also on a side note in order for the other boot file I posted to work correctly please check you com.apple.boot.plist in you extra folder and see if you have a line that says graphics mode = If not that is why you get a fatal error my boot cd works great you can get into it but if you alter it may no longer boot

Okay on a quick side note. I installed the R1000sl.kext driver for our onboard ethernet into my extras folder and that has solved the sleep issue I was having and I my network connection seems to be better and better bonjour. I will add the driver to the post installer I have created and then upload it here.

Well as far as sleep restart goes mine worked great until I did a clean install and tried a few different things. Then I had the sleep upon wake from keyboard it rebooted I will be looking into this today I am sure it is nothing serious and probably has more to do with settings than dsdt. Also on a side note in order for the other boot file I posted to work correctly please check you com.apple.boot.plist in you extra folder and see if you have a line that says graphics mode = If not that is why you get a fatal error my boot cd works great you can get into it but if you alter it may no longer boot

I guess i will change a few settings in bios (F3) and see what happens.

I did check my boot.plist and I dont have that line. do I just add it as <key>Graphics Mode =</key>, I do have the Graphics Enabler line but i assume that is different?

I dont want to change your boot file, I just want to see how it works. This is my first hackintosh and I dont/didnt know much about how macs or computer in general work. That is until I built this computer and installed snow leopard.

Yes Graphics Enabler is different and your addition should be.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1024x768x32</string> (you can make this what ever your native resolution is.

I would also update my bios I am on version F6

Okay for all of you that would like here are is my boot cd.

Simply burn a copy insert this at the GUI eject the boot disc and insert your mac disc.

Hit f5 after it has had a few seconds to spin up and select the install disc and proceed with your install.

After you complete the install at reboot reload the boot cd. this time at GUI select you Mac HD

once the system boots up run my post installer. I have a simple install and and advanced install. Simple should work for almost everyone. You will have vanilla speedstep and sleep with this method and your system will boot 64bit. There is an option under the advanced install that allows you to select if you woul rather boot 32bit. Also video fixes in the event Graphics Enabler does not work for you. This was designed for a core 2 duo processor and your quad core may require additional info in the dsdt. If so please contact me and we will get this squared away I just do not have a quad core at the moment.

P.S. if you have an issue with the boot cd burn it to a DVD this worked for me.

Reboot and enjoy please post any problems or questions.

Thanks,

Download Here

Yes Graphics Enabler is different and your addition should be.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1024x768x32</string> (you can make this what ever your native resolution is.

I would also update my bios I am on version F6

Okay for all of you that would like here are is my boot cd.

Simply burn a copy insert this at the GUI eject the boot disc and insert your mac disc.

Hit f5 after it has had a few seconds to spin up and select the install disc and proceed with your install.

After you complete the install at reboot reload the boot cd. this time at GUI select you Mac HD

once the system boots up run my post installer. I have a simple install and and advanced install. Simple should work for almost everyone. You will have vanilla speedstep and sleep with this method and your system will boot 64bit. There is an option under the advanced install that allows you to select if you woul rather boot 32bit. Also video fixes in the event Graphics Enabler does not work for you. This was designed for a core 2 duo processor and your quad core may require additional info in the dsdt. If so please contact me and we will get this squared away I just do not have a quad core at the moment.

P.S. if you have an issue with the boot cd burn it to a DVD this worked for me.

Thanks for the info, like I said I'm still learning all this.

I get off work in about 4 hours, so when I get home I'll try it out and give feedback on it.

Reboot and enjoy please post any problems or questions.

Thanks,

Download Here