[Mini Guide] SL working on Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

iRobie

934 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting this. I was about to order one of these cards to give it a try, but now I think I'll save the money and follow Ridgeline's lead, I'm going to use an IDE DVD drive to free up a SATA port.

h50

There is also cheap JMB363 based cards, those should work fine 64-bit kernel also. It's the same chipset that my UD3 on-board JMicron controller uses and that works just fine even in 64-bit mode. The reason why I use Sil3132 cards is that I am running hardware Raid-0 on them, that is not possible with JMicron.

have you updated to 10.6.3? and did you make sure you are plugged into the correct port for audio out? also as far as your video card did you check into the system preferences to see what resolutions it would currently allow? if only one is available that means graphics enabler is not working for you. did you check the volume control on the speakers themselves?

I ordered a Sony Optiarc Sata DVD drive and a 1TB HDD I personally don't have need for much else.

I updated to 10.6.3 before I used your installer. It's the correct port and volume is up all the way up on the actual speakers. The only resolution shown is 1024 x 768.

I quit. This isn't worth the trouble. I'm going back to Linux. :)

Thank you for your time.

I updated to 10.6.3 before I used your installer. It's the correct port and volume is up all the way up on the actual speakers. The only resolution shown is 1024 x 768.

I quit. This isn't worth the trouble. I'm going back to Linux. :D

Thank you for your time.

What's with the attitude. Ridgeline has done nothing but try to help you.

h50

I quit. This isn't worth the trouble. I'm going back to Linux. :D

Thank you for your time.

Well some people should stick to Ubuntu where there is a guide for just about everything I simply asked a question and gave my advice that you asked for if you want I can guide you through this or you can just be stuck on ubuntu and act like a badass. Ubuntu and Linux are designed to work on multiple platform Mac is only designed to run on Apple Platforms so if you don't want to do a little work and have the best OS on the market then far be it from me to stop you.

There is also cheap JMB363 based cards, those should work fine 64-bit kernel also. It's the same chipset that my UD3 on-board JMicron controller uses and that works just fine even in 64-bit mode. The reason why I use Sil3132 cards is that I am running hardware Raid-0 on them, that is not possible with JMicron.

mm67

Do the JMB363 cards need a special kext? Or, does Snow Leopard just recognize them?

Thanks,

h50

mm67

Do the JMB363 cards need a special kext? Or, does Snow Leopard just recognize them?

Thanks,

h50

You don't need a kext file for functionality, but Sata ports will be shown as Unknown Ahci ports in System info without device-id injection. I use a legacy kext like this to handle my Wlan card, JMB363 and to fix orange disk icons.

UD3.kext.zip

You don't need a kext file for functionality, but Sata ports will be shown as Unknown Ahci ports in System info without device-id injection. I use a legacy kext like this to handle my Wlan card, JMB363 and to fix orange disk icons.

UD3.kext.zip

mm67,

Thanks for posting this. I will take a look and see if I can understand how to adapt this for my use.

best regards,

h50

If you could that would be great
OK, I figured that it would be easier to take some pictures and zip them up.

So here it is, my current BIOS settings. I believe I'm running version F6 at the moment, and it looks like there is an F8 available now (Enhanced On/Off Charge compatibility)

Okay guys update the new post installer is available please check my blog for info and the installer can be found on the download page title installer 2.3 is the one you want.
Ran the installer on that fresj 10.6.3 install.

Interestingly enough, the GT9400 was IDed correctly without needing to add an EFI string.

Sound, imagine that, was weird. I've never seen this one before.

Booting into 64-bit, everything else looked fine, sleep worked and so on, but I didn't have sound. Upon checking the system profiler and preferences, I'm presented with the attached image.

I tried moving the cable to all three jacks on the on board sound and I could not get it to work. I have a feeling I'm missing a step, but I don't recall what it is. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to pick up one of those USB 'sound card' dongles, one that uses the standard API for sound over USB. :-)

post-58880-1276508593_thumb.png

bios_screenshots.zip

Hi all, this is my first post here, and I report SUCCESS on my first hackintosh :(

I want to thank Ridgeline (G41M-ES2L Installer) and Pradeesh (EmpireEFI) whose work made this process almost painless. I spent about a week trying and failing with several tutorials and bootstrap methods, and then I found iRobbie's post with the correct recipe for my motherboard.

I now have 64-bit Snow leopard 10.6.3, accelerated video, HD audio, and Gigabit networking all working great. Monitor sleep works, but system sleep does not, but that's not a big deal to me; apparently the problem may be the Asus SATA DVD drive.

My hardware is fairly inexpensive. If i had the money I'd get a MacPro, but this is as good as it's going to get for now:

• Gigabyte G41-ES2L v.1.1 (BIOS F7)

• Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5GHz

• 4GB (2x 2GB) Kingston HyperX DDR2

• BFG GeForce 8400GS 2.0 512MB PCIe

• Seagate 300GB HD SATA (connected to "SATA2_0" on MB)

• Asus 24X DVDRW SATA (connected to "SATA2_1" on MB)

• Dell 20" widescreen LCD monitor (DVI)

• Apple USB KB and Microsoft USB mouse

For Ridgeline's installer, this is what i installed:

◦ Chameleon: Chameleon 2.0 RC4

◦ Audio: VoodooHDA only

◦ Graphics: NVEnabler only

◦ Network: ALL

◦ DSDT: NONE

◦ Extras: ALL, except 32-bit com.apple.boot.plist

◦ Standard kexts: ALL, except VoodooPS2Controller

◦ Utilities: ALL (or NONE, I guess it doesn't matter)

Hi all, this is my first post here, and I report SUCCESS on my first hackintosh ^_^

I want to thank Ridgeline (G41M-ES2L Installer) and Pradeesh (EmpireEFI) whose work made this process almost painless. I spent about a week trying and failing with several tutorials and bootstrap methods, and then I found iRobbie's post with the correct recipe for my motherboard.

I now have 64-bit Snow leopard 10.6.3, accelerated video, HD audio, and Gigabit networking all working great. Monitor sleep works, but system sleep does not, but that's not a big deal to me; apparently the problem may be the Asus SATA DVD drive.

My hardware is fairly inexpensive. If i had the money I'd get a MacPro, but this is as good as it's going to get for now:

• Gigabyte G41-ES2L v.1.1 (BIOS F7)

• Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5GHz

• 4GB (2x 2GB) Kingston HyperX DDR2

• BFG GeForce 8400GS 2.0 512MB PCIe

• Seagate 300GB HD SATA (connected to "SATA2_0" on MB)

• Asus 24X DVDRW SATA (connected to "SATA2_1" on MB)

• Dell 20" widescreen LCD monitor (DVI)

• Apple USB KB and Microsoft USB mouse

For Ridgeline's installer, this is what i installed:

◦ Chameleon: Chameleon 2.0 RC4

◦ Audio: VoodooHDA only

◦ Graphics: NVEnabler only

◦ Network: ALL

◦ DSDT: NONE

◦ Extras: ALL, except 32-bit com.apple.boot.plist

◦ Standard kexts: ALL, except VoodooPS2Controller

◦ Utilities: ALL (or NONE, I guess it doesn't matter)

Okay first off I am glad this is working for you and yes your asus drive will break sleep unless you use a program called PleaseSleep but until you get a correct dsdt that won't work either I believe it is post its either 240 or 340 of this thread and follow my steps and I will make you a working dsdt. You should not have installed the voodoohda but rather the legacyhda, That is only there as an after thought for troubleshooting and you should not need nvenabler.

Probably what I would recommend you do is go to my site after and download the v2.3 installer and get me your dsdt info as mentioned if you truly want it to work like a mac pro. you will not have speed-step with your current setup and this can cause higher temps and result in problems. Once you get the new installer do a fresh install run the v2.3 installer and select the generic dsdt for the time being until I can get you a correct dsdt. I have tried to make this simple and almost fool proof on the installer so let me know if I can help

Quick note I got an email from NewEgg.com this morning the Sony Optiarc I just bought is now on sale for $19.99 with free shipping. so if you need a better functioning dvd drive this one works flawlessly I got mine yesterday in the mail and I am very happy with my purchase.

Also iRobie, can we update the first page here to point to the new installer?

wow, i can't image that i did it now. It works perfect. Thanks to you iRobie, Rigeline, and Tommacosx86.

i have this one:

Mobo: Giga :P

CPU: e5300@2,6ghz

Ram: 3GB

GPU: Gainward G210 512MB

Lan: work out of box

Sound: with the 10.6.2 AppleHD from Tomacosx86

CD: Sata from LG

Hdd: Sata from samsung

And how do i know? if my GPU work perfectly or not? Could u help me please, i'm just a noob with the hackintosh

thanks in advance

update.jpg

Okay user beware at this point the update went well and did not break my wireless which I expected however the audio is busted again. Even with the Apple HDA from 10.6.2 still no luck I am working on it and will post results as I go.

quick update I am working on a few things however the audio issue will be fixed if you run the 10.6.2 hda installer and remember to repair permission. with disk utility my sound is back and I am 100% on 10.6.4 :)

Thanks so much, Ridgeline. I purchased the Sony drive you mentioned -- for 20 bucks shipped, it's worth it. I will follow your advice re: installing the 2.3 update and getting the pState info for the dsdt. (donation coming to ya this weekend!)

@ridgeline

Thx a lot :) I think everything is just working fine. Here my Hardware:

Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3,0Ghz

Corsair DDR2 RAM@800Mhz

XFX GeForce 9500 GT

Lg IDE Drive

WD Sata 250GB HD

I uses your guide :)

At the end my question do i need a "custom" dsdt too?

And how can i repair the permissions?

greets

Yes if you are using the generic dsdt this is only a temporary fix until I can modify a corrected dsdt for you please follow the directions on post #230

found here

Okidoki here my results:

bildschirmfoto2010-06-8wgb.png

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3,0Ghz

you get 25-30mb/sec in disk activity monitor with a USB harddrive ?

Just to let you know I am getting a steady 29mb per sec transfer rate from Sata HDD to a Sata USB HDD

Okidoki here my results:

bildschirmfoto2010-06-8wgb.png

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3,0Ghz

Here you go simply unzip and drag and drop into your /extras folder.

then delete the pstate kext you installed prior to this.

you can do that by simply going to the /system/library/extensions/ and delete the kext repair permissions with disk utility that can be found under the /applications/utilities/ folder

reboot and enjoy.

E8400_DSDT.zip

Just to let you know I am getting a steady 29mb per sec transfer rate from Sata HDD to a Sata USB HDD

Here you go simply unzip and drag and drop into your /extras folder.

then delete the pstate kext you installed prior to this.

you can do that by simply going to the /system/library/extensions/ and delete the kext repair permissions with disk utility that can be found under the /applications/utilities/ folder

reboot and enjoy.

Thx everything is now working such fine:) Youre great

Please note to everyone I have added a dsdt download page at ridgel1ne.com so if yours is not in the list I will add them here before they make it to the next installer there are three up already that were not in the 2.3v installer

hi, i did install once again. But this time is not easy like the first, and i don't know why. i did install the 2.3v installer and not like the first, the nvidia GPU does not work, and the OS did not realize the GPU. Now i try to do with the 1.4 installer. Hope it works.

Thanks ridgeline. I have a Gainward geforce 210. I did already install 1.4 and it works with the GPU but not like the very perfect first time, this one does not wake up after stand by, it did not boot automatic with your boot in install 2.3. i did update my bios to F8 but i thought, it is not the reason because i did downgrade my bios to F6 again. I try 2 or 3 times, but it was not like the first time. Really don't understand why it did not work. and now the sound dose not work too. my God

Here again my system:

e5300

geforce 210 512 MB

Hdd sata samsung

DVD sata LG

Help me please, i will try again today.

ps: should i do something with the bios?