[Mini Guide] SL working on Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

iRobie

934 posts in this topic

Automatic Sleep

• Real macs have this problem too ;)
  • Check out PleaseSleep to enforce automatic sleeping

Just to let you know that PleaseSleep works :) and now i can eventually set it to go off (it wouldn't go by itself, still don't know why...)

At first i thought it wouldn't work either because it didn't sleep after the 5min I set, but it must have been in need for one more minute to copy all the stuff into the ram, and then it gently went off.

Wake up by button like a charm.

pleasesleep is nice because it enables to prevent sleeping when download apps or burn apps are running

Cybercap did you ever try to let the computer auto sleep with a dvd in the drive? this could be dsdt issue I am looking into. if your computer will auto sleep with either the dvd drive disconnected or with a dvd in the drive than chances are you will not need pleasesleep for much longer.

Cybercap did you ever try to let the computer auto sleep with a dvd in the drive? this could be dsdt issue I am looking into. if your computer will auto sleep with either the dvd drive disconnected or with a dvd in the drive than chances are you will not need pleasesleep for much longer.

Yes I tried and it did not work. Leaving a dvd in the drive does not solve my sleep problem. Only pleasesleep is perfect for the job. i would have preferred the "natural" way but pleasesleep is light and easy to use and does the job very well.

i have my screensaver after 5min, monitor off after 20min and Hac off after 1 hour.

This is awesome! I have 10.6.3 up and running with full network, sound and graphics support. It recognizes all my devices, and I can even switch the audio port through the control panel so it will play through the front or back port.

Thanks!

Hello

is an add-on firewire 800 card worth it ? compared to usb 2 transfer speed

is there a bluetooth dongle that is cheap and works good ?

tks

I bought a bluetooth mini dongle from Meritline for about $1.50. It works great! I also bought a PCI card with 4 USB ports and 2 firewire ports from Tiger direct for about $15. I use the internal USB port on the card for the bluetooth dongle. Here's the BT adapter:

http://www.meritline.com/mini-type-wireles...---p-26876.aspx

h50

quick side note I just updated my bios via qflash to f7 with no issues to speak of.

:( what does the F7 change ?

another question : i would like to connect my nvidia 9500GT to my sony HDTV with an HDMI cable.

it works but no sound is coming out...

it the preference pane, there is no advanced sound configuration possible (that would tell sound to go through hdmi or so).

When i connect the same hdmi/hdmi cable on my win7 PC (ati card) or win7 laptop (sony) it works immediately

it is possible to make sound go out the hdmi of the graphic card to watch movies on the TV ?

(the tv is quite far, i don't want to connect an additionnal jack cable)

:( what does the F7 change ?

another question : i would like to connect my nvidia 9500GT to my sony HDTV with an HDMI cable.

it works but no sound is coming out...

it the preference pane, there is no advanced sound configuration possible (that would tell sound to go through hdmi or so).

When i connect the same hdmi/hdmi cable on my win7 PC (ati card) or win7 laptop (sony) it works immediately

it is possible to make sound go out the hdmi of the graphic card to watch movies on the TV ?

(the tv is quite far, i don't want to connect an additionnal jack cable)

The website says charge on/off power I have not really noticed much but if they felt it was worthy of an update I would give it a shot.

As far as Graphics drivers I would recommend you check in the hardware section or with netkas.org

under system profiler does it show one or two audio cards? as HDMI has a separate audio driver onboard that would be separate from the ALC888b that we have integrated. I do not currently have a GFX with HDMI only DVI your other option would be a headphone to rca splitter. and run the rcas with the HDMi to your tv I know this is not optimal but would work until the HDMI thing is fixed. What manufacturer are you using of the GT9500 is it EVGA, Sparkle or?????

I am trying to help someone out with a sparkle 9500GT at the moment. and would appreciate it.

Hi,

This is my first attempt at creating a mac based pc. I have followed the instructions and everything works beautifully up to the boot into mac (gray Apple Logo), but then it is grayed out and the "restart your computer" message appears. Any Suggestions would be great (have tried boot into safe mode -x, and -x32).

Specs:

GA G41M-ES2L

450w Power Supply

Intel Core 2 DUo e6750 2.66ghz

2x2GB OCZ DDR2 800mhz (Total 4GB)

MSI GeForce 7600GS 256MB PCI-E

250 GB SATA HD

DVD/CD Burner

Thanks,

might be your gfx card. the 6xxx series don't work and the 7xxx series are quite buggy

if you use the thumb drive or dvd can you get back into OS?

If so I can tell you what to do just to verify that is where your problem lies or the other option is to boot verbose and tell me where the KP happens.

might be your gfx card. the 6xxx series don't work and the 7xxx series are quite buggy

if you use the thumb drive or dvd can you get back into OS?

If so I can tell you what to do just to verify that is where your problem lies or the other option is to boot verbose and tell me where the KP happens.

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I am booting from the dvd or usb for install, I haven't gotten to the OS yet. But I tried booting the install dvd in verbose. The message is

"Not loading kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - not found a

I didn't see any other errors, but here is a picture of my monitor. Thanks.

post-622710-1275419944_thumb.jpg

Okay I had this happen at one point in time but I can not remember why. Are all your devices sat and what DVD are you using to boot from.

My Hard drive is SATA, and my dvd drive is IDE. And I am using the Kakewalk ISO Boot disc.

My Hard drive is SATA, and my dvd drive is IDE. And I am using the Kakewalk ISO Boot disc.

Okay your problem is the kakewalk cd download and use empire efi

Empire EFI can be downloaded here

Just use the normal version

kind of a n00b question here but where do I get the latest ridgeline installer? Or is that link in the first post of this thread the official latest installer?

Thanks!

Yes at this time I am working on a new installer but until I release it the best bet is version 1.4 linked on the first page of this thread.

Tried the Empire EFI, stops on this screen and doesn't even get to the chameleon boot menu.

"Reading ramdisk image: bt(0,0)/Extra?Preboot.dmg

no ramdisk config...

mounting: done

/

Memory allocation error (oxo, 0x1c9b20a0)"

Is this a discrepancy in the bios settings?

Thanks,

What bios are you running and at this point I would recommend setting the bios to load optimized settings. I created a boot disk at one time that worked for some but not all I will see if I can find a link but try the bios settings first.

Might have been a bad burn also on the disc try burning a new cd at the lowest speed if that does not work try burning to a DVD. My boot disc would cause those problems if not burned to a DVD even though it was only 32mb

Try either this iso

click here

or this one

click here

the first is a boot disk I made a while back but it might work for you the second is from empire efi this is for people having the memory allocation error you are getting. I recommend once you get up and running make a bootable thumbdrive with I can guide you on easy to do and faster install and none of the headaches of a boot disc.

Thanks ridgeline. I went ahead through the installer and ran the 10.6.3 update. I also ran your v1.4 installer. Everything runs fine. However, My sound still doesn't work along with my graphics card. The graphics are "fine looking", but I can only use one resolution (1024x768), so something is wrong there. You said that the geforce 7xxx tends to be buggy, would it be easier to upgrade to an 8xxx? Thanks for all of your help. This has been such a great alternative for replacing my iMac G5 for a fraction of the cost.

Yes the best thing you could do is check the HCL wiki for osx86. I am running a 8400GS flawlessly. I love Mac we have a 20" C2D iMac as well as a Macbook but running a home based business I am always upgrading. Go to www.ridgel1ne.com and check the downloads page there is a installer for the 10.6.2 AppleHDA this will get your sound back. Pay no attention to the post installer on there I just got the site up today and the installer on there is beta and only for my exact configuration.

Hi

Ridgeline thanks again to you and Irobie and all the others. Truly FAB!!!! work.

Have one question though to the G41M community here.

What is the prescribed method for doing the 10.6.3 update?

Should you use the 10.6.3 download or the Combo V1.1 10.6.3 for best results?

Also I asume install your 1.4 package after the apple update correct?

Cheers,

Alexandrea the Surfgurl