10.5.8 deep sleep problem?

bolly

274 posts in this topic

Hi,

if anybody would like to try a version for Snow Leopard, check this out and let me know what happens - it's complete guesswork from SL's mach_kernel disassembly, so anything might happen (including it will just work ;). However, there may be more changes in SL's power management, so even if it works as in 10.5.8, it might not help it go to sleep.

it a 32bit version only :(

please, recompile it to 32/64bit

Edit: it work like a charm in 32bit mode, the system go to sleep with nullcpuPM loaded, but as expected the kext don't load in 64bit mode

I'll compile the SleepEnabler.kext for 64-bit once I have SL running - it's not possible to build a 64-bit kext in Leopard. Maybe someone else with working Snow Leo could try to recompile it as 64-bit - attaching sources.

many thanks, here is a working 32/64bit version

All credits go to pista7

i still cant get this to work, ive got sleepenabler.kext and voodoopower.kext running. when i click on sleep my display shuts down but the machine is still on. Im on 10.5.8 retail osx.

thanks

Same to me.

GA-EP35-DS3 / newest SLICE USB drivers 10.5.8

Q: Whats about that OpenHaltRestart (Leo) - needed with sleepenabler / can make problems together ?

Whats aboot that boot ? I use EFI 10.1 or EFI 10.2 (with rest of Chameleon RC1).

This one is not working for me (32bits)... :-/

I have explained back when I've posted the first version of this extension, that all builds are tightly coupled to a particular version of the kernel (if you look in the Info.plist, you can see three lines with version number, either 9.8.0 or 10.0.0 near the end). Thanks to this, a mismatched kernel won't even be able to load the kext, which is good, because it would panic sooner or later.

This one is for Snow Leopard :) (kernel version 10.0.0)

i still cant get this to work, ive got sleepenabler.kext and voodoopower.kext running. when i click on sleep my display shuts down but the machine is still on. Im on 10.5.8 retail osx.

thanks

Same to me.

GA-EP35-DS3 / newest SLICE USB drivers 10.5.8

Q: Whats about that OpenHaltRestart (Leo) - needed with sleepenabler / can make problems together ?

Whats aboot that boot ? I use EFI 10.1 or EFI 10.2 (with rest of Chameleon RC1).

Same here. Still no sleep. Display goes out, machine stays on... As soon as I move the mouse it's back up. It's almost like a "sleep" sort of screen saver that just fakes me out.

Same here. Still no sleep. Display goes out, machine stays on... As soon as I move the mouse it's back up. It's almost like a "sleep" sort of screen saver that just fakes me out.

@to all:

please note

as far i know, this kext only adds some PM state to the disabler, so it will not work for those who sleep didn't work before 10.5.8, it's not a sleep fix neither really a sleep enabler (i know the name of the kext may be confusing), in fact it's more a sleep RE-enabler

so if you hadn't sleep before 10.5.8, this kext will not help you

@to all:

please note

as far i know, this kext only adds some PM state to the disabler, so it will not work for those who sleep didn't work before 10.5.8, it's not a sleep fix neither really a sleep enabler (i know the name of the kext may be confusing), in fact it's more a sleep RE-enabler

so if you hadn't sleep before 10.5.8, this kext will not help you

makes sense now since i didnt have sleep pre 10.5.8, although it would be great if theres a way to make it work.

Got a panic here, had to remove from ideneb-installation-dvd-rescue-mode...

Is there any way to have speedstep working even without sleep working?

I've got superhai VoodooPower installed and I've got low temperature, but it can't step higher. My E8400 is actually fixed at 2GHZ (of 3GHZ)

Weird problem guys.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3R

Using Disabler.kext + SleepEnabler.kext + VoodooPower.kext (for low temps) to get sleep working on 10.5.8

Reboot/Shutdown working without a problem before sleep. BUT, if the computer is restarted anytime after it's woken up from sleep, everything goes off for a few seconds, comes back on and a few more seconds later says there was an error and asks to pick an alternate Bios setting.

This is really weird as it's never happened before 10.5.8

Anyone else have a similar problem?

me 2

g31m-es2l gigabyte.

Using disabler.kext + sleepenavler.kext + voodoopower.kext sleep is working on 10.5.8

but~!!!!

my computer is restarting by itself.

even having this problem before sleep.

Ok thx for the info m8

@ MCcool, I remember having this issue once but can't remember how I fixed it. I suggest you check your BIOS sleep mode which should be S3 as far as I know. Try n post back.

Thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't help. I changed the BIOS sleep mode (it was at S3) and still no love.

Weird problem guys.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3R

Using Disabler.kext + SleepEnabler.kext + VoodooPower.kext (for low temps) to get sleep working on 10.5.8

Reboot/Shutdown working without a problem before sleep. BUT, if the computer is restarted anytime after it's woken up from sleep, everything goes off for a few seconds, comes back on and a few more seconds later says there was an error and asks to pick an alternate Bios setting.

This is really weird as it's never happened before 10.5.8

Anyone else have a similar problem?

I'm having a similar problem on a Asus P6T Deluxe V2, when I reboot the system and the screen goes black the computer stays there until I hit the reset button.