10.5.8 deep sleep problem?

bolly

274 posts in this topic

Since this seems to be one of the more active threads pertaining to sleep issues, I'll post my problem here. Hopefully this might help people help me. I have a Gateway T-6836 retail laptop with Vista and I am dual botting with 10.5.8 with Vanilla kernel. When I did a fresh install of iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite Edition, the only extra driver i chose was voodoops2 for mouse and keyboard. Under this setup, when I chose sleep from the Apple menu, the display turned off, but all LEDs, the fan, and the hard disk stayed on. Nothing I did with the mouse or keyboard could wake up the display again. When I installed SleepEnabler.kext and Disabler.kext, this is what happens: All LEDs turn off (not blinking like for sleep), and the fan turns off and the HD stops spinning. Nothing wakes it up except for the power button; when i press it, everything comes back on except for the display, and I'm stuck there. I know that there is no issue with any of my other kexts. Any help would be appreciated!

Gateway T-6836

Intel Core 2 Duo

Intel Mobile 965 Express Chipset (GM965)

Intel GMAX3100 Graphics Acclerator

iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite, Vanilla Kernel 9.8.0

Vista Home Premium 64-bit

Thanks.

I really need help with my problem.

I have Asus 1005HA. Installed 10.5.8 and got everything working, including sleep with a DSDT patch and SleepEnabler.kext

Sleep worked great for a day or so, but then, without me changing anything, sleep stopped working.

I got it to sleep, but when i try to wake it up screen is black, but fan is running and all lights are on. I tried to change screen brightness too, it doesnt work, i think its locked.

So sleep works, but i cant wake it up. Have to forcereboot it after that.

What should i do ;) ?

Im so tired, been working weeks on getting everything working, and at last i made it, but then sleep breaked!

Hey guys, I've read this entire topic and countless other websites/blogs in the past three days and have not been able to get mine to sleep, or turn off the monitor rather.

So here's what I've got:

Thinkpad X40

iPC 10.5.6 updated with iDeneb 10.5.8 Combo Update

AnV 9.8.0 kernel (have tried Voodoo 9.5.0, and AnV 9.7.0 with appropriate System.kext and seatbelt.kext)

Tried:

#1 -SleepEnabler,-Disabler,+AICPM - Doesn't work (System seems to sleep, but display is still on)

#2 +SleepEnabler,+Disabler,+AICPM - Doesn't work (KP)

#3 +SleepEnabler, -Disabler, -AICPM - Doesn't work (System hangs at boot, right after "[sleepEnabler] Calling pmInitComplete()..."

Along with the above, +/- VoodooPower

note: #3, if I boot up and log in, then do a kextload -t Sleepenabler.kext, it hangs

Please let me know if any further information is required. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, I got the problem with sleep issue too..

My computer usually on most of the time. and When I wan to use the computer after few hours of idle.

My computer can't wake up.

Spec :

E6600

945P-DS3

iPC 10.5.6 + iDeneb combo

Thank you in advance.

EHCISleepEnabler.kext was working very well for ATOM270 based Compaq mini 700 (aka HP mini 1000) on 10.5.5 (iDeneb 1.3).

however with 10.5.8 (apple combo update with DHDT.aml generated before and Chameleon 2 used as bootloader)

EHCISleepEnabler.kext dislike to load with following error:

Missing dependencies:

{

"com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI" =

"No dependency could be found that declares a compatible version"

}

SleepEnabler.kext downloaded from here is loading, but when laptop is trying to fall asleep, it turns off and then immediately recover back on.

any thought, what else may prevent laptop remain asleep?

I really need help with my problem.

I have Asus 1005HA. Installed 10.5.8 and got everything working, including sleep with a DSDT patch and SleepEnabler.kext

Sleep worked great for a day or so, but then, without me changing anything, sleep stopped working.

I got it to sleep, but when i try to wake it up screen is black, but fan is running and all lights are on. I tried to change screen brightness too, it doesnt work, i think its locked.

So sleep works, but i cant wake it up. Have to forcereboot it after that.

What should i do :) ?

Im so tired, been working weeks on getting everything working, and at last i made it, but then sleep breaked!

yes, this is the same behavior I had on my Compaq mini 700 (aka HP mini 1000, both ATOM270 based) before installing SleepEnabler.kext.

it's happening just like this if SleepEnabler.kext is not loaded.

Since this seems to be one of the more active threads pertaining to sleep issues, I'll post my problem here. Hopefully this might help people help me. I have a Gateway T-6836 retail laptop with Vista and I am dual botting with 10.5.8 with Vanilla kernel. When I did a fresh install of iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite Edition, the only extra driver i chose was voodoops2 for mouse and keyboard. Under this setup, when I chose sleep from the Apple menu, the display turned off, but all LEDs, the fan, and the hard disk stayed on. Nothing I did with the mouse or keyboard could wake up the display again. When I installed SleepEnabler.kext and Disabler.kext, this is what happens: All LEDs turn off (not blinking like for sleep), and the fan turns off and the HD stops spinning. Nothing wakes it up except for the power button; when i press it, everything comes back on except for the display, and I'm stuck there. I know that there is no issue with any of my other kexts. Any help would be appreciated!

Gateway T-6836

Intel Core 2 Duo

Intel Mobile 965 Express Chipset (GM965)

Intel GMAX3100 Graphics Acclerator

iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite, Vanilla Kernel 9.8.0

Vista Home Premium 64-bit

Thanks.

this is exactly what behavior has happened with my Intel D945GCLF2 ATOM330 board based desktop, where I've installed iDeneb 1.6 (10.5.8 based one), before installing SleepEnabler.kext.

however after installing SleepEnabler.kext, sleep is fixed and working.

quick hint: in the "fix" category, all patches were applied "by default" i.e. as they were preselected originally, by iDeneb team.

and as you see, sleep doesn't working for my laptop (where I didn't installed any patches from iDeneb 1.6, but installed original apple combo update 10.5.8), so definitely SleepEnabler.kext is not enough to make vanilla update working with sleep and now what is only left is to identify which patch (from "fix" category) provide missing sleep capability not available in original 10.5.8 combo update.

*** NM I decided to go back to 10.5.6 *** Everything worked .8 is more of a hassle.

I decided to join in here as well hoping someone has found a solution that works for the 10.5.8 auto sleep issue.

After rebuilding and getting my Rig set up I noticed sleep wasn’t working. Doing some research I found “SleepEnabler.kext.” This appears to work great if I put my 10.5.8 Hackintosh to sleep manually...but it won’t go to sleep “automatically.” Any suggestions? I’m not sure if I missed something. I would love for it to work as it did before 10.5.8.

Setup: Boot 132 - Retail Leopard. (GA-G31M-ES2L - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz)all is working fine except for auto sleep.

I'm from Brazil and I have a very poor english. I'm a little newbie in Mac things too.

So guys, can someone give me the exact way to do that on my Hackintosh?

GA-G31M-ES2L / Dual Core 2.0mhz/ 4gb ddr2 800mhz / Geforce 9800gt

Thank you.

GET THIS SCRIPT TO RESOLVE THE AUTOSLEEP PROBLEM:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1243508

go to users and add the scriptfile to startup items.

negative, it doesn't working for my laptop at all (nothing has changed: if falls then immediately wakes up again).

but what is really true, processor load jumped up significantly - not good for battery at all...

the problem was solved by adding voodooUSBEHCI.kext

it wasn't loading before due to missing dependency in

/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist

which is new version appeared with 10.5.8 update.

read this for howto add dependency and to make voodooUSBEHCI.kext loading back again (and deep sleep working back again)

Hey!

I need help with "sleep" in a GA EP45-UD3L. I am now in 10.5.8, (before i was in 10.5.6 and sleep worked fine) but now when it wakes up from sleep it is booting from the start like i just hit the power button.i have install SleepEnabler.kext but nothing..

If someone could help me...

• 4 weeks later...

Odd issue here - wondering if anyone else has experienced it...

I have SleepEnabler, VoodooUSBEHCI, and OpenHaltRestart in /Extra. They are all doing their job there well.

Also I have added FakeSMC from netkas instead of dsmos, etc. To make "automatically restart after power failure" reappear in Energy Saver prefs, I had to add my ISA Bridge device ID to AppleLPC.kext.

That's the background info.

My system will go to sleep (S3 deep sleep, not hibernate) properly, and then wake from sleep properly, with everything working right, ONCE per boot-up session. But if I then go to sleep a second time, it will not wake up properly. Instead it half-wakes, and the monitor never comes back on, the fans all go WHOOOSH steadily, and I have to hold down the power button to turn it off.

It has taken a lot of work just to get sleep going - it last worked on system 10.5.3! Thanks to SleepEnabler's author and SuperHAI for the USBEHCI. But this sleep once, hang second time issue is utterly mind-bottling! How can it work once perfectly, then fail completely the second time?

Little more background... system is Intel 975X chipset based, ICH7R southbridge, 99.7% vanilla/retail install (via LTL's method) and I have a zero-errors optimized DSDT.aml loaded.

DukeRaoul, you forgot the tiny little detail if you are running Leo or Snow .. this thread says 10.5.8 but contains many postings concerning Snow, too, so one never knows unless it is mentioned.

If you are running Snow, there are different versions of the SleepEnabler.kext, one worked for me, one didn't.

Hi,

I'm using iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite with Asus P1-P5945GC, everything works flawless except sleep.

Removed Disabler.kext, couldn't find S/Extra/Extension/ because it is not present in this version, patched DSDT with the GUI tool (HPET). No good.

Reinstalled disabler.kext installed sleepenabler.kext and got the following result.

When I send computer into sleep it goes down as it should do, but then instantly wakes up again and then restart is much slower.

What I think could be the probem is that I do not have HPET setting in BIOS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
So far, I've tried the disabler solution, the intelcpupmdisabler solution, the appleintelcpupowermanagement solution, and even the rollback kernel solution, and it still won't go into deep sleep. Any other ideas or solutions by chance? Any input would be great, and I don't wanna have to reinstall everything just to roll back to 10.5.7.

Same here this was a drag I have tried everything ,myself I can find and nothing works. I almost broke the install but I removing the disabler kext but I was lucky, I had a working install on another drive so I could put the kext back. I really don't want to do a re-install to get my sleep working. I was using sleep all the time till I did this upgrade.

I would would not recommend the 10.5.8 update as it really does not do anything useful that I could see or needed but it did make tons of troubles. I had to re-install my backup kext to get my sound working also. I hope someone finds a real fix that don't take a rocket scientist to get sleep working again.

I am using a Ga-P35-DSL3 main board.

Hd4850 Video card

Retail Vanilla

10.5.7 update

and now the 10.5.8 Sleep killer update

Everything working great, just no sleep shuts down fans running screen goes black but won't come back with the power button just like most people have.

Right now sleep is the only thing that I can't get working. I would be really grateful if someone finds the solution or has a guide to fix it. I have been using My hackintosh for a year now as my main machine and really can't take the chance of breaking the install trying every crazy wing and a prayer fix.

Some one Please help for now I will just live without the sleep. I will just hope that I can get my SL machine built soon I would be glad to just roll back this update as well and write it off as a bad idea.

ok , sleep working now on 10.5.8

What I did -

1. deleted the Disabler in /extra/extensions.mkext

original 10.5.8 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext still in extensions folder !

2. opened DSDT Patcher GUI and created a new DSDT.aml with " New HPET" function

My DSDT.aml I had on 10.5.7 didn`t had this NEW HPET enabled

So if removing the disabler does not work for you , try to generate a new DSDT.AMl with "NEW HPET "function

regards

When I removed these it broke my install had to repair from another OS on the same machine. could you give more detail on the order to do this and just how to do this. Please Pretty please even?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is da first time im actually posting anything regarding my problems. Ive got a Lenovo S10 'tosh running 10.5.8 and

1. Sleep doesnt work. Whats more,there isn't even an Extension Folder in Extra on the OS X Partition! -_-

All the guides ive tried Remove Disabler, Do this, do that Daymn!!! :blink:

Problems apart from the one stated above: Where exactly is the DSDT patcher man? the links dont work AT ALL!!!

And can someone please tell me wtf i'm supposed to do with this system.

2. Bootup hasn't worked from wayyy back 10.5.6 (some update fished it up) ive tried all the tricks in the books for dat too and still it only boots when i connect it to an OS X DVD :wacko:

But for now id appreciate if sleep worked. At least it'll work LIKE a laptop, right now its like lugging around a 4 Hour battery Life- Always On Desktop. =X

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...