NEW Intel P55 Mobos & Core i7 860 / i5 750 CPU LGA1156

1,554 posts in this topic

Macdanger,

I'm in the same situation as you with sleep.

I've used Tonymacx86's guide for my UD4 and Tony's DTST for my board but I've had to resort to VoodooHDA to get sound working - but its not 100% by any means.

I have also removed IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. I'm using the updated VoodooHDA by Prasys and no KP

Erwego

Good news for audio: I checked the DSDT for the P55-UD4 from tonymac's blog. The DSDT doesn't have the PinConfiguration, so I replaced the whole HDEF device with the ALC888 code from tonymac's DSDT-fixes (on his blog too). Then I just added the LegacyHDA.kext from this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941 (see post one and search for "Series of LegacyHDA.kext for Gigabyte ALC888 and ALC889a 10.5.8 & SL Ready")

to /Extra/Extensions and rebuilt the kext-cache with kextUtility. I have the original AppleHDA from 10.6.2 in my /S/L/E !

I downloaded the LegacyHDA Series from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=53344

I didn't test all Ins and Outs but it seems it has even digital out. There are severeal preconfigured PinConfigurations in the package. I used the "4outs2ins HDA headphone" one.

Last thing I have to figure out is why the PC resets when waking up. I have the PC EFI 10.5 as boot and chameleon RC3. I saw some other newer boot files floating around but I lost overview :) Maybe it is a problem with the boot file...

Can someone with P55-UD4 help? Any Idea what could cause the PC to reset after wakeup?

EDIT: Damn, I even got sleep to work! After I added speedstep info for my i7 into DSDT and fixed audio, it seems to work when checking all three checkboxes in the enegie configuration panel!

Greetings

macdanger

Good news for audio: I checked the DSDT for the P55-UD4 from tonymac's blog. The DSDT doesn't have the PinConfiguration, so I replaced the whole HDEF device with the ALC888 code from tonymac's DSDT-fixes (on his blog too). Then I just added the LegacyHDA.kext from this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941 (see post one and search for "Series of LegacyHDA.kext for Gigabyte ALC888 and ALC889a 10.5.8 & SL Ready")

to /Extra/Extensions and rebuilt the kext-cache with kextUtility. I have the original AppleHDA from 10.6.2 in my /S/L/E !

I downloaded the LegacyHDA Series from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=53344

I didn't test all Ins and Outs but it seems it has even digital out. There are severeal preconfigured PinConfigurations in the package. I used the "4outs2ins HDA headphone" one.

Last thing I have to figure out is why the PC resets when waking up. I have the PC EFI 10.5 as boot and chameleon RC3. I saw some other newer boot files floating around but I lost overview :) Maybe it is a problem with the boot file...

Can someone with P55-UD4 help? Any Idea what could cause the PC to reset after wakeup?

EDIT: Damn, I even got sleep to work! After I added speedstep info for my i7 into DSDT and fixed audio, it seems to work when checking all three checkboxes in the enegie configuration panel!

Greetings

macdanger

Good work macdanger- ;)

Could you attach your DSDT- I'll add it as the default DSDT for the UD4. Didn't realize the pin configurations were wrong.

hmm strange... when i using value 1281 it shows Quad-Core Intel Xeon, when change to 1537 it shows unknown... why? maybe because ma core i5 is overclocked?

is strange not sure why.

im pretty sure mine appears with a registered and trademark symbols and with 750 on the end as its just reading how the CPU is displayed in the BIOS which it gets from the CPU. just want the change it to remove these so it looks just like how the lynnfield iMacs display their CPU, but it might not be possible or up to the devs of Chameleon for a new boot file.

Hello Tony,

Your tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES is only for boards P55 UD2? Can be useful, that it is, if it would work for my board P55 UD6?

I've tried to apply the fix for the USB for have the sleep working but, I had an error when I compiled.

Can you help me looking in my DSDT dsl, please?

This is the error:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]

Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/osmardalla/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8006: [*** iASL: Read error on source code temp file /Users/osmardalla/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.src ***]

Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected $end ^

ASL Input: /Users/osmardalla/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 8007 lines, 286904 bytes, 3904 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Thank you very much!

Dsdt_USB_FIX.zip

P55 UD6

i7 860

Hello Tony,

Your tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES is only for boards P55 UD2? Can be useful, that it is, if it would work for my board P55 UD6?

I've tried to apply the fix for the USB for have the sleep working but, I had an error when I compiled.

Can you help me looking in my DSDT dsl, please?

Try the UD6 DSDT from my DSDT Database- it is fully edited! ;)

Does anyone have onboard firewire working perfectly with the MSI P55-GD65. I have used pm_mickeys and tonymacx86's DSDTs and both have given me perfectly working firewire after I sleep and wake my machine. My machine also won't boot with a firewire drive connected. Anyone have these issues resolved?

sorry if this has already been discussed, but the "Search Topic" page doesn't really work:

has anyone experienced kernel panics when using Time Machine or UnRarX?

Generally, my system has gotten less stable during the last few days, but I cannot remember any particular change that might have triggered this behavior...

Does anyone have onboard firewire working perfectly with the MSI P55-GD65. I have used pm_mickeys and tonymacx86's DSDTs and both have given me perfectly working firewire after I sleep and wake my machine. My machine also won't boot with a firewire drive connected. Anyone have these issues resolved?

remove fireware section from dsdt and fireware will work normal - i have problems with my dv camera (adobe premiere doesn't see and tell device offline), after remove firewire section from dsdt all will be ok.

is strange not sure why.

im pretty sure mine appears with a registered and trademark symbols and with 750 on the end as its just reading how the CPU is displayed in the BIOS which it gets from the CPU. just want the change it to remove these so it looks just like how the lynnfield iMacs display their CPU, but it might not be possible or up to the devs of Chameleon for a new boot file.

I decided to try changing the smbios.plist file according to your suggestion on page 64 of this thread. The reason was because I read somewhere that the click that is heard on the speakers when they start playing (889a with LegacyHDA kext) would disappear if the computer name was set to MacPro4,1 instead of iMac11,1.

After changing smbios.plist:

1) click on the speakers went away, sound quality did not change

2) CPU type in About This Mac went from Intel Xeon quad core to Unknown

2) Geekbench 64-bit score dropped from 9500 to 4100

3) Kernel panic upon waking up from sleep.

I reverted to the old smbios.plist and rebuilt the kext caches but while the Geekbench score went back up to 9500, the computer kept panicing when waking up from sleep.

I then used Time Machine to revert to the old version of Extra folder and now sleep is working again. The idle CPU temperature may have also been a bit higher with the modified smbios.plist (42 degrees versus 39 degrees), but I can't be 100% sure about this one. Unfortunately, the audio click is back, but I'll live with this minor annoyance over not having a functional sleep.

I don't understand what MacPro vs iMac label has to do with sound or why after reverting back to the smbios file and rebuilding kext caches the system would still panic. If anyone has any insight I am curious.

Hello Tony,

Thanks for edit my DSDT.aml of my board P55 UD6, now it doesn't work sleep and sound, I looked the device id of my USB in my ioreg, USB for UD2 and compared with P55 UD6 it is not the same. Can you edit these devices id for your dsddt in database, pleaseeeee? My EVO DSDT doesn't work fine, all what I've compiled have an error and not compile, nothing.

Thanks, Tony!

P55 UD6

i7 860

Device_ID_USB_P55_UD6.zip

Hello LucaM,

try this kext,, AppleHDA.kext Vanilla edited for my friend Batman, ALC 889a, full working for me

Sonido Intel de alta definición:

ID del dispositivo: 0x1458A102

ID de audio: 12

Dispositivos disponibles:

Salida de línea:

Conexión: Conector de 1/8 de pulgada

Salida de línea:

Salida de línea:

Salida de línea:

Micrófono externo:

Micrófono externo:

Entrada de línea:

Auriculares:

Salida S/P-DIF:

Conexión: Combinado

Entrada S/P-DIF:

Conexión: Combinado

Good Luck!!!!!!

Archivo_comprimido.zip

Good work macdanger- :D

Could you attach your DSDT- I'll add it as the default DSDT for the UD4. Didn't realize the pin configurations were wrong.

see the attached DSDT.aml for P55-UD4, but ATTENTION: there is Speedstep info for i7 in it, maybe you should remove it first :-D

Oh, I'm not permitted to upload :unsure:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m4driz4wejj/DSDT.aml

Hi guys,

I've been using trial and error to get my sleep issue fixed (I'm using the Asrock P55 Pro). The system used to just reboot when waking from sleep, but finally, I've gotten to a point where I believe the system has properly resumed from sleep. The only problem is that the video card doesn't seem to work - my monitor stays blank.

In the BIOS, I've enabled 'repost video to STR', but really, I've no clue what the problem could be.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I'm using a HIS manufactured ATI Radeon HD4890, which works normally quite well with netkas' exotic kext under 10.6.2.

Macdanger

No luck I'm afraid. I put your DSDT file in the Snowleopard root, put the LegayHDA ( 4 out/2 in HDA) in E/E and rebuilt permissions. I reinstalled the 10.6.2 update to be sure that I had the right AppleHDA kext in S/L/E, but now I have no sound devices.

Awaking from sleep causes the UD4 to reboot.

Can you think of anything I have missed?

Cheers

Looks like 10.6.3 has got a little bit closer:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/01...components.html

And given 10.3.4 came in a new retail box as did 10.4.3, and BOTH 10.5.1 and 10.5.4 (according to wikipedia) then chances are that a 10.6.3 (or 10.6.4) retail box will come along too. That will make a vanilla 10.6 *instal* (rather than vanilla after update) on P55 a little bit easier/cleaner.

thewer ;)

Looks like 10.6.3 has got a little bit closer:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/01...components.html

And given 10.3.4 came in a new retail box as did 10.4.3, and BOTH 10.5.1 and 10.5.4 (according to wikipedia) then chances are that a 10.6.3 (or 10.6.4) retail box will come along too. That will make a vanilla 10.6 *instal* (rather than vanilla after update) on P55 a little bit easier/cleaner.

thewer :D

As Snow leopard was meant to be an upgrade for older macs I cant see them selling a retail upgrade with 10.6.3. They would just be making life easier for hac builders.

remove fireware section from dsdt and fireware will work normal - i have problems with my dv camera (adobe premiere doesn't see and tell device offline), after remove firewire section from dsdt all will be ok.

Exactly. I posted my mod to pm_mickey's DSDT with the graphics and firewire sections removed a few pages back. That should work with the other files he posted.

I decided to try changing the smbios.plist file according to your suggestion on page 64 of this thread. The reason was because I read somewhere that the click that is heard on the speakers when they start playing (889a with LegacyHDA kext) would disappear if the computer name was set to MacPro4,1 instead of iMac11,1.

After changing smbios.plist:

1) click on the speakers went away, sound quality did not change

2) CPU type in About This Mac went from Intel Xeon quad core to Unknown

2) Geekbench 64-bit score dropped from 9500 to 4100

3) Kernel panic upon waking up from sleep.

I reverted to the old smbios.plist and rebuilt the kext caches but while the Geekbench score went back up to 9500, the computer kept panicing when waking up from sleep.

I then used Time Machine to revert to the old version of Extra folder and now sleep is working again. The idle CPU temperature may have also been a bit higher with the modified smbios.plist (42 degrees versus 39 degrees), but I can't be 100% sure about this one. Unfortunately, the audio click is back, but I'll live with this minor annoyance over not having a functional sleep.

I don't understand what MacPro vs iMac label has to do with sound or why after reverting back to the smbios file and rebuilding kext caches the system would still panic. If anyone has any insight I am curious.

i have never had any pops or clicks in my audio, but it used to sometimes get artifacts after a while or after sleep. but i have seemed to have fixed this by redoing by DSDT and AppleHDA + LegacyHDA (hopefully!). but i have got a few panics after this (text down the screen, no curtain of death) that have got to do with AppleHDA.

my CPU was originally seen as a Xeon as thats the only quad core CPU Apple shipped before the Lynnfield iMacs. but i think after i upgraded to the Chameleon RC4 (or fakesmc, not sure!) the CPU is viewed as a Core i5 when CPUType 1537 is added to smbios. one caveat i have is it does not just say "Intel Core i5" like the iMacs. i think this cannot be changed as it just reads what the CPU calls itself in the BIOS.

i currently have my hack appear as a Mac Pro as i think of it as a desktop tower, not an all in one. i dont think i have had any issues when it appeared as an iMac. the only issue i have had is the audio artifacts which i think have gone now.

try using tony's UD4P DSDT from his database and add in the HDA section from his audio guide and speedstep if you wish. then use AppleHDA (from 10.6.0) and LegacyHDA and update to the latest Chameleon and fakesmc.

Currently my i7 is seen as a 'Quad-Core Intel Xeon' in the System Profiler. I don't really care if it shows correctly or not as everything is working perfectly. That was until I tried installing a trial of Cineform Neoscene for editing some AVCHD video files. The trail does not install though as it says it only runs on Intel Macs. I have unsucessfully tried removing the cpu check in the installation package like some people have done with Microsoft's Silverlight. Has anybody found a way for installers to recognize thier cpus as Intels? Thanks

Macdanger

No luck I'm afraid. I put your DSDT file in the Snowleopard root, put the LegayHDA ( 4 out/2 in HDA) in E/E and rebuilt permissions. I reinstalled the 10.6.2 update to be sure that I had the right AppleHDA kext in S/L/E, but now I have no sound devices.

Awaking from sleep causes the UD4 to reboot.

Can you think of anything I have missed?

Cheers

Hi Erwego,

I packed up all the stuff that could be relevant and uploaded it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yn0jnfnfydm/...for_P55-UD4.zip

You should change the UUID in the <key>SystemID</key> in the com.apple.Boot.plist to the UUID of your Snow Leopard partition, just to have a unique one.

It contains my chameleon RC4 with only 2 KEXTs, my DSDT and a special boot file from here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1369210

It has some very nice patches in it like a reboot fix for gigabyte board and rekursors fixes (see the post). I also kicked the JMicron KEXT because it seems to do nothing on my rig. So it's only the LegacyHDA.kext and the FakeSMC.kext what's left :-)

Also check the following for sleep:

1) All 3 Checkboxes in the Energie settings in control panel must be checked. It may help to uncheck them first then recheck, I had a feeling than the settings were only realy active this way.

2) In your BIOS Settings check that PowerManagement is set to S3 and all SATA controlers are set to AHCI

3) I have only one USB device inserted into one of the lowest 4 USB Ports on the rear panel (the black ones near the Ethernet plug). I have the apple aluminium keyboard and into it's USB port I pluged the logitech receiver.

4) I have a nvidia 8800GT from ASUS plugged into PEG Port nearest to the CPU. I use chameleons Graphics-Autodetection.

5) My HDD and SATA-Bluray device are plugged into the first two blue SATA Ports (SATA2_0 and SATA2_1)

6) I have BIOS Version F3 installed

So, I hope you will get sleep and audio too now :-) Just give it a try!

BTW: as of BIOS you may just load the standard values and then set all SATA to AHCI, that should be sufficient. I swithed of the GIGABYTE full screen boot logo too because it is really ugly ;-)

One last question to all others with a SATA DVD or Bluray drive: it seems OSX tries to set it to sleep from time to time but this makes no sense, so I often here the drive reseting. Does anyone have the same Problem and perhaps a solution? I can't deactivate the sleep options for HDDs because then sleep doesn't work anymore :-|

I hope it works

regards

macdanger

One last question to all others with a SATA DVD or Bluray drive: it seems OSX tries to set it to sleep from time to time but this makes no sense, so I often here the drive reseting. Does anyone have the same Problem and perhaps a solution? I can't deactivate the sleep options for HDDs because then sleep doesn't work anymore :-|

This is a common problem that is Mac OS X specific, not Hackintosh related. Go here and try this script; Pioneer BDR sleep fix script. :)

Hey all- just posted a guide to install Chameleon + Extras to the hidden OS X EFI Partition. Let me know if it works for you! :)

Tweaking Your System: Install Chameleon, DSDT, & Extras to EFI Partition

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/twe...-chameleon.html

Also, in case you didn't see it...

Fit Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a Single Layer DVD

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/fit...-on-single.html

Hey you all, sorry to bother you again. I've finally got my system running with everything working except sound..I really can't wrap my head around how the sound is working in os x - there's the HDAEnabler, AppleHDA, LegacyHDA and what not. Is there a foolproof way of getting sound out of the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3? As of current I'm just dropping random audio kexts from kexts.com in kext helper and rebooting. Any help is greatly appreciated, I've never felt more like a retard. :P