Help Munky get a MacBook Pro!

munky

273 posts in this topic

I'm actually going to just take the paypal cash and wait the 3-4 months until the Merom MBP comes out. I'll be one of the first to buy one, so we'll have a great review as soon as they come out!

V-Debit from Paypal is a no go, as you cannot get a 3-digit authorization code from it.

I ended up using Firepay or something. very secure when you sign up!!

3/3 offers done, and the Munky was VERY cooperative in getting that done!!

Fairly easy offers, great response from Munky.. now I'm ready to get my offers done!!! :D

Thanks again Kahuna.

As Kahuna's experience shows, almost all offers will require a CVV verification code (the 3-digit security code on the back of a credit card), and Paypal's virtual debit card currently DOES NOT offer this, so its probably best avoided.

He also used the new $20 page2 offer (Bingo Cabin) which is great for me, cos i'm doing this on a tight budget as it is :) Only downside is they take up to 2 days to credit, but i'll keep you posted.

Kahuna - i'll paypal your money as soon as the credit comes in. Let me know how much it cost you in the end. Cheers!

not to tease...but I'm on a macbook at my local apple store :)

looks fabulous, the rubber/plastics covering the top around the keys is EXTREMELY comfortable...

Definetly can't see spending the extra grand to get a MBP....

Ok, so I complete a few offers on page one for about $10... Then a $20 game on page 2... and you're good?

Then I get a friend to do the same for me and I get an iSight?

Sweet.

=)

That is correct. You'll get the money you spend back from Munky as well so your total cost is $0.00. Spending the 20 minutes of your time to do so will help out the website and community very much! It's a win-win situation.

Heh... thanks for clarifying that one for John, guys.

John: as the guys have said, i'll cover your costs, so go right ahead and i'll paypal the money straight back to you once you go green.

I see you've signed up already john (assuming yours is the 'stupid' address :)) - thanks!!

Heh... thanks for clarifying that one for John, guys.

John: as the guys have said, i'll cover your costs, so go right ahead and i'll paypal the money straight back to you once you go green.

I see you've signed up already john (assuming yours is the 'stupid' address :lol:) - thanks!!

Yep. I have a yahoo account that I always give to the "guaranteed to spam you" sites. johns_stupid_email@yahoo.com.

=)

As Kahuna's experience shows, almost all offers will require a CVV verification code (the 3-digit security code on the back of a credit card), and Paypal's virtual debit card currently DOES NOT offer this, so its probably best avoided.

Doing a little research online, the CVV code for paypal looks to be 000 or 001 from what I can dig up.

Excellente. I've paypal'd your money already Kahuna, thanks a million!

3/8ths of the way to a macbook... :)

John the Geek, or anyone else thinking about doing this: If you needed any more proof that this is dead simple, Kahuna's example shows it is. You can ask him, Silentshab or redhed about the experience, if you like.

Thanks!

Not yet... not had time to get my files off of it and onto something or somewhere reliable. Doesnt help that i've got >5000 photos in various places (iPhoto, Aperture and various folders), with quite a lot of duplication... ugh!

Once I get the hackintosh working 100% sweet, i'll get all my stuff moved over, organised (and backed-up to DVD-R!), then reinstall the powerbook ready to sell.

I sold some other {censored} on ebay which is how i've financed this so far, but its getting to the point where the powerbook sale is going to become a priority.

Interested? :)

Just a quick update on the Tickle situation - Peter has advised that tickle are not crediting if you're outside the US. So any non-americans doing these offers, i'd avoid Tickle if I were you - best stick to the bingo things ^_^

Yeah, the Bingo Cabin seems to be legit, easy to complete and CHEAP!

Which means its now possible (for US folks at least) to complete for $32. I'll cover however much it costs, obviously, but the cheaper the better, as im on a tight budget...

Yeah, the Bingo Cabin seems to be legit, easy to complete and CHEAP!

Which means its now possible (for US folks at least) to complete for $32. I'll cover however much it costs, obviously, but the cheaper the better, as im on a tight budget...

Will these work with Safari? I don't have IE anymore.

EDIT: Yep, but I forgot about the cookies and it didn't take. Then I backed up the browser and the cookie set. (They better not bill me twice, I'll keep my eye out.)

=)

EDIT2: Orexis didn't take, submitted trouble ticket. Once that goes through... 2/3 down.

EDIT3: Well, the Bingo Cabin offer seems to be down right now. It won't connect. =(

Hi John, thanks for the lowdown.

Yes indeed the site reports:

"Sorry, the offer you've tried to access is not currently available. Please try again later."

I'll try to find out if this is temporary or permanent. Hopefully it'll just be a short outage.

So are you complete on any of the offers? Or awaiting no-credit tickets?

Thanks again!