Help Munky get a MacBook Pro!

munky

273 posts in this topic

Severnya / Rich:

I have no idea to be honest. Its a shame that the $10 page2 offer for earthlink got so badly abused, as that meant US visitors could complete for $12, thus making 11x$12 == $132 for a bloody macbook pro!

hey ho, we'll see. i've got a reasonable amount of signups but i've no idea if i'll even get to 11 completions. we shall see! :D

yeah. it would def be cheaper alright.

Im hoping tomorrow yeilds the comming of Macbook (non pro). Im heading down to the Birmingham Apple Shop before a job interview.

Who knows, maybe I'll have 2x the good news :D

But if people are interested in starting some form of chain scheme to get some free macbook pro's, then lets get it started. Even at $130 odd, im happy to risk it.

Rich

i've already spoken to peter, the owner of the free4me network. he's said he'll certainly be offering the MacBook if and when it arrives. if the MB (non-pro) looks good, then I may go for it rather than the MBP.

latest rumours though are saying the macbook will be introduced by jobs at the opening of the new flagship store in midtown manhattan, next thursday.

another wait! :(

Im hoping for tomorrow, but I'll live till Thursday.

Either way, im owning a Mac soon. I loved my G4 iBook, but it couldnt do all my uni stuff (read: VS .Net 2005)

The new ones will be right in there, XP for when you HAVE to run it, Parrallells for when you just want simple App support, and good old OS X for the rest of it.

Heaven :D

bloody hell - macbook has been released and it looks pretty nice. GMA950, but then you cant have everything.

if the referrals site starts to offer it, i might switch to getting one of those instead.

Ok, suxx0rs... the $1 Complete Home and Netmarket offers are gone. :D

There are a couple free trials on page 1, which charge delivery (typically

bear in mind that if the tickle offers dont credit, there's no recourse, sadly.

i'll still cover the offers though - just keep the greens coming.. ;)

You've asked for it and now you'll get it. The new macbooks have been added to our macs site.

-1.8GHz 13" MacBook White - 8 Refs on Macs.Free4Me.Net

-2.0GHz 13" MacBook White - 9 Refs on Macs.Free4Me.Net

-2.0GHz 13" MacBook Black - 10 Refs on Macs.Free4Me.Net

-The MacBookPro on Macs.Free4Me.Net has been upgraded to the 2.0GHz model.

Good news for you and Mash :)

Also since the $1 trials are gone here are some of the easy one's I've personally done and can recommend *plus* give you all the tricks you need!

Orexis Trial

To get credit, try the free trial.

Estimated Time: 10 Minutes

Total Cost: $6.95

Sign up for the trial and then once you get credit go here and cancel online without even waiting on the phone! They will cancel the autoship and send you the confirmation to your email.

Tickle Zodiac Test

To get credit, take the test and purchase your results for $4.95. **If you have done another tickle offer EVER you MUST clear your cookies BEFORE clicking the link to the offer**

or frankly any cheap tickle offer for that matter

1) clear cookies

2) check to make sure you pass the cookie test: http://4nocash.com/cookies.html

3) log into macs.free4me.net

4) click on the offer and complete it

5) once green click on 'My Account'

6) click on the 'subscription' link and cancel online

7) back at the 'My Account' page click on the link near the bottom left to delete your account completely.

I've already told you why I like party poker for page 2 :)

realisticly you could get this done for $20 per person (If you don't lose too much at partypoker :guitar:)

Excellente A@ron - thanks a million for the tips.

Yes, i've now switched to getting the lowest-end MacBook, so I only need 7 more refs. Keep em coming guys, and remember i'll cover the costs!

Aaron, are you saying we could register multiple times if we clear our cookies?

If that is the case I could just register for myself 11 more times.

Munky, I went the $52 route, but I am in no rush to be paid back as I was hoping that you would petition the forum to support my effort (and the other people that help you) once you receive your MBP.

PS I am willing to repay people who signup using my info also.

Dan

thanks big kahuna (say that *IS* a tasty burger...)

as may be obvious, i've decided to switch tack and go for the lowest-end MacBook, instead of the Pro. this means i'll need less refs and will hopefully get my hands on a real intel mac sooner. (i cant go for the mini as i need it to be portable). ive updated the first post to reflect the latest situation with the free4me network, and what i'm aiming for.

thanks to everyone who has helped so far!

redhed : i'll PM you about your effort.

Aaron, are you saying we could register multiple times if we clear our cookies?

If that is the case I could just register for myself 11 more times.

You can only do each tickle test once. You have to wait 8 days until you do the next test. You cannot create multiple accounts on free4me or you will get disqualified and put on hold.

really?? I was bout to do my second one.. so the tests you have to wait 8 days??! Where's it say that?

Okay, what the next best game plan?? you cats are lucky I get paid tomorrow :D

(Kidding, i love "the project")

Anywho, I'd like to knock this out quickly and cheap on Munky's pocketbook.. what's the newest "bestest" plan now??

Alrighty.. done with one Tickle.. will knock out PartyPoker and another offer this weekend.

Once this is done, are we going to try to start a conga line?? I'd be glad to help with first page offers, but don't have the $$ for the second page ones.

Kahuna - did tickle credit ok? I heard people have had issues...

oh, and thanks a bunch duder.

UPDATE: page2 has a new offer - Titan Poker. the requirements are $30 in and "play some hands". not sure how many exactly, but its cheaper than $50! :D

UPDATE2: hmm... sounds like free4me had some issues with titan in the past for being slow to credit... might not be such a great plan after all.

There's a new one - Titan Poker, for $30. Though it states you have to 'play some hands' which is nice and ambiguous. Its up to you - i'll cover the cost either way, but it'd be better for me if it was cheaper... :poster_oops:

The conga line thing is a good idea, but im not sure of the fairest way to implement it. Watch this space... :rolleyes:

Munky, excuse for not reading but this is for you.

I will certainly do whatever to help here (if you nag me later).

But why hasn't Mashugly gotten something out of this yet?

Once you are qualified to recieve your MBP, you can hold off until there is a Merom versions, right?

Good point Bofors - others must be wondering the same thing.

Mash is still waiting on his final referral to complete. We agreed i'd only announce my effort (and we'd change our sigs to point to mine) once he was complete, or nearly complete. I got the go-ahead from Mash when it looked like he was about to get his final ref. This so far hasnt happened, however, because the last ref didnt get credit. He's just waiting to see if the credit can be sorted out (you'll notice his status image still says 10/11 completions), otherwise he's going to get a friend or family member to complete for him.

it will be good when he completes, cos it will demonstrate to the community that the referrals program we're using does really work.

cheers

PS the site credits can be redeemed against any of the options, afaik, or a paypal cash equivalent. as for holding off for a merom, im not sure. i just want a macbook ;)

This so far hasnt happened, however, because the last ref didnt get credit. He's just waiting to see if the credit can be sorted out (you'll notice his status image still says 10/11 completions)...

This is what I am concerned about. I mean, let's say they just screw people as many people as possible. What is the recourse? Suing them? Are they in the USA? Which State? In any case, not many will be able to take them to Court and what are the "damages" anyway? Exactly what they owe us... gee, that's a no risk proposition for them.

Let's get real here, these people are probably are probably crooked as hell. I want to see Mashugly get something out of this first.

bofors - look back in Mashugly's thread - a forum user tried it out and went for the iSight (one referral). he got it and posted pictures.

freebie sites are for real. sure, some of them are scams, but people are smart and they talk about which ones are scams, and which work. this one works.

seriously dude, i wouldnt be doing this if i thought it wasnt legit. despite my handle, im no munky ;)