Help Munky get a MacBook Pro!

munky

273 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone who helped out, but I think I have enough referrals now. I have one friend about to complete as ref #10, and another who has pledged to be #11, so I wont be needing any more.

Stay tuned for news about a new osx86 conga line ;)

Thanks for the update Dan. My friend is in the same boat, waiting for a manual credit on one of the three offers.

I noticed I had a couple more signups - thanks to all, but please note I now have enough referrals, and will not be paying back anyone else who completes under my ID, so only continue if you dont mind paying for the offers yourself. :blink:

I noticed I had a couple more signups - thanks to all, but please note I now have enough referrals, and will not be paying back anyone else who completes under my ID, so only continue if you dont mind paying for the offers yourself. :whistle:

Yeah guys don't waste 'em, I need a perfectly good referral to get my iSight still...

BTW: When are we starting our referral conga line? I'm willing to pay back whoever does my referral as well. It's only fair since Munky paid me back for what I spent.

I am in discussions with MrBond and Mash just now as to how we're going to do it in the fairest way, without us all getting swamped in 'gimme gimme referrals now!!' posts. :rolleyes:

UPDATE: I'm now complete! HUGE thanks to:

redhed - silentshab - big kahuna - lashkari - byronIV - john the geek - dapper dan

you guys rock :) - 7 completions from the community is way more than I expected, and its very much appreciated!

i'm about to request verification with free4me ;)

- munky

Sweet glad you hear you got completed. I actually signed up, but should have used a referral from one of you guys, so... I'm gonna scrap that username and pw and start a new account. What I need is a link from someone so that I can get started on it and get them a referral.

Oh and munky, can you please post your total dollar cost of repaying people for their signups? This would be most helpful for those looking to follow in your footsteps. =)

Sounds good, maybe after the official conga line gets set up, it would be a good idea to collaborate on *which* of the offers are easiest to sigup and cancel, and are the CHEAPEST. That way, we can minimize the cost to the payors to the absolute minimum using the "preferred" trials.

Once that's done, I would be glad to help do the math on the full trial costs of each program. I'm going to wait until the official conga line is setup just in case they change the offers, I would have wasted time.

I was going to wait till MacBook pro Core 2 Duo came out, but I didn't have the patience. I decided I am just going to take the cash for now, and buy a Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro later. I can get a student discount for a $100 off, and right now students get a free 2 GB iPod nano with the purchase of any Mac Desktop or Laptop. Do Apple Store sales people haggle? If so, I think I will buy from the Apple Store rather than online.

By the way, Free4Me rocks! I didn't even get any paypal fees for receiving money.

post-8592-1153641317_thumb.png

Well, in the UK it takes 5-7 business days to extract money from paypal, but rest assured I will be ordering right after that.

Proposed spec: baseline 1.83Ghz macbook with 1Gb RAM (bto - doing it myself doesnt really work out any cheaper).