VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

Everyone, if you have an issue, first you NEED to tell the developers of VoodooHDA by going to the VoodooHDA issues forum on google Code site. As well, Don't address problems that are already addressed on that forum. Then after you have gone on Google Code, you should tell people about your problem on the VoodooHDA issues forum on the Chameleon site. Afterwards, you can tell your problems to the neophytes on this thead.

Remember in order of sites to tell your problems, first Google Code site, then Chameleon site, then here.

Now that you all know that little tidbit, lets hear the silly post of the day.

VoodooHDA needs a lot of work

Obviously, this is the first release. Tell me something I don't know.

Result for ALC662 using pre-compiled kext:

Sound out working. Sound in thru front panel not working. When I speak in the microphone, I hear myself in the speakers. I fixed it by muting all input options in the output section (sys pref).

System profiler doesn't show any info.

In system preferences > sound, I have:

Output: (why do I have input here - have to mute them to avoid hearing myself thru speakers)

Master

PCM

Line in

Microphone

Input mix

Recording level

Output gain

Recording Level

Digital

Input: (none work)

Line in

Microphone

Input mix

Microphone 2

Very Strange. With a few tweaks, this will be the best Audio driver for osX86. Will it make any difference if I compile the kext myself?

Hi all

I donwloaded the files. installed xcode. changed directory in terminal but it says "command not found". i tried all there commands:

sudo ./helper.sh build

sudo /helper.sh build

sudo helper.sh

sudo helper.sh build

none of them works.. can you guys tell me where I am doing wrong??

thanks

Hi all

I donwloaded the files. installed xcode. changed directory in terminal but it says "command not found". i tried all there commands:

sudo ./helper.sh build

sudo /helper.sh build

sudo helper.sh

sudo helper.sh build

none of them works.. can you guys tell me where I am doing wrong??

thanks

hey mehmed,

# cd voodoohda-read-only

# su root
enter the root password
# ./helper.sh build

or 

#sudo ./helper.sh build

hope this helps ^_^

hey mehmed,

# cd voodoohda-read-only

# su root
enter the root password
# ./helper.sh build

or 

#sudo ./helper.sh build

hope this helps :)

thanks for your reply but unfortunately it does not work ;) it says "command not found". is there any other way?

This driver solves out my last problem with ALC883 of my ACER5583. The first time audio performs excerllent. Then I did restore fresh DMG to my laptop and install VoodooHDA. Something strange happened. Speaker works well after bootup. Headphone shows nothing. After laptop wakes u after going into sleep mode. Both of them work fine! Is there anybody has the same problem? Any solution?

thanks you Jinnggoff. But it gives this error message:

helper.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

helper.sh: line 4: `<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">'

is there something that I miss?

1. Download and install Xcode 3.1.2 if not already installed and download the VoodooHDA read-only source using Terminal:

sudo svn checkout http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ voodoohda-read-only

which will generate a file list:

A voodoohda-read-only/PCMBlitterLib.h

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDADevice.cpp

A voodoohda-read-only/PCMBlitterLibX86.cpp

A voodoohda-read-only/Info.plist

A voodoohda-read-only/getdump.c

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDADevice.h

A voodoohda-read-only/helper.sh

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDAEngine.cpp

A voodoohda-read-only/AudioClip.cpp

A voodoohda-read-only/Tables.c

A voodoohda-read-only/Shared.h

A voodoohda-read-only/Registers.h

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDAEngine.h

A voodoohda-read-only/OssCompat.h

A voodoohda-read-only/Tables.h

A voodoohda-read-only/Private.h

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDAUserClient.cpp

A voodoohda-read-only/PCMBlitterLibDispatch.h

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDAUserClient.h

A voodoohda-read-only/Verbs.h

A voodoohda-read-only/License.h

A voodoohda-read-only/Models.h

A voodoohda-read-only/Readme.txt

A voodoohda-read-only/PCMBlitterLib.cpp

A voodoohda-read-only/Parser.cpp

A voodoohda-read-only/English.lproj

A voodoohda-read-only/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

A voodoohda-read-only/Common.h

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDA.xcodeproj

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDA.xcodeproj/user.pbxuser

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDA.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDA.xcodeproj/TemplateIcon.tiff

A voodoohda-read-only/VoodooHDA.xcodeproj/user.mode1v3

Checked out revision 2.

and the "voodoohda-read-only" folder in /Users/"Logged-In User"/.....

2. In Terminal type

cd /Users/"Logged-In User"/voodoohda-read-only
sudo su

3. At sh-3.2# prompt, type

./helper.sh build

In the "voodoohda-read-only" folder, there will now be a "build" folder containing a "Debug" and "VoodooHDA.build" folder.......inside the"Debug" folder is the compiled VoodooHDA.kext.....

4. In Terminal, rename AppleHDA......and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext too if present.....

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
  sudo mv AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.back
  exit

5. Use Kext Helper b7 to install the now compiled VoodooHDA.kext OR my already compiled VoodooHDA.kext....

6. Reboot with -v -f......You should hopefully hear an audio "crackle" during booting...... ;)

UPDATE: Download VoodooHDA v0.2.2......

VoodooHDA is an open source audio driver for devices compliant with the Intel High Definition Audio (HDA) specification, based primarily on code from the FreeBSD hdac driver. It is intended as an Intel-only replacement for AppleHDA on Mac OS X with support for a wide range of audio controllers and codecs.

http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/

feedback, download & discussion:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php#5

My apologies to those who have been waiting for these sources to get released, but real life has been busy lately and unfortunately I haven't had nor will I have much time to devote to this project. I am releasing the source code for VoodooHDA, which I have been using for the past few months with no major problems or stability issues. There is, however, no official binary release at this time due to my inability to maintain and support such a release.

If there are any developers out there interested in joining or adopting this project, please email me (this username at gmail) and I will add you as a member to the Google Code project. For the time being, if you are interested in testing the driver you must check out and compile it yourself - for instructions go to the project site listed above and click on the "Source" tab. Be sure to read through Readme.txt for an overview of the state of the driver.

Thank you! I now have a working ALC663 that previously had no hope!!

Working ok on Advent 4211 retail.

Internal mic not usable only able to get static noise. Switching of headphones works, external mic works fine (needs some fair tweaking of settings though). Have recorded to Audacity with acceptable quality output, ichat works ok too.

Current settings:

OUTPUT:

Master 25%, PCM 100%, Speaker 100%, Mic 25%, Input mix 25%, Recording Level 80%, Mic 2 0%

INPUT:

Speaker 100%, Mic 50%, Input mix 50%, Mic 2 0%.

The only real pain is setting reset themselves after shutdown restart.

Great leap forward though, thanks to the Voodoo Dev's

VoodooHDA 0.2.2 released

0.2.2 (4/14/09):

* mute controls implemented

* seperate left/right audio level controls implemented

* showing just one device for each input/output in Sound preference pane

Check the Voodoo forum

Cheers.

Hi Verdant,

thanks so much. I did without any problem until the step 4. I think I could not understand it. should I copy the VoodooHDA.kext file into the extension folder? I wrote these lines :

[color=#000000]

but it says:[/color]

mehmedim-cans-u-100:voodoohda-read-only mehmedimcan$ cd /System/Library/Extensions/

mehmedim-cans-u-100:Extensions mehmedimcan$ sudo mv AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.back

mv: rename AppleHDA.kext to AppleHDA.kext.back/AppleHDA.kext: No such file or directory

[color=#000000]

what should I do?

thanks in advance[/color]

[/color][/size]

Hi Verdant,

thanks so much. I did without any problem until the step 4. I think I could not understand it. should I copy the VoodooHDA.kext file into the extension folder? I wrote these lines :

[color=#000000]

but it says:[/color]

mehmedim-cans-u-100:voodoohda-read-only mehmedimcan$ cd /System/Library/Extensions/

mehmedim-cans-u-100:Extensions mehmedimcan$ sudo mv AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.back

mv: rename AppleHDA.kext to AppleHDA.kext.back/AppleHDA.kext: No such file or directory

[color=#000000]

what should I do?

thanks in advance[/color]

[/color][/size]

Since VoodooHDA is replacing AppleHDA, you need to stop AppleHDA.kext being loaded but in order to do so without deleting it, you rename it to AppleHDA.kext.back......but in your case it was not present anyhow.....hence the message you saw........so just proceed to Step 5. (assuming you have no other audio kext installed, e.g. AppleAzaliaAudio.kext etc....) which will install VoodooHDA in /S/L/E....