VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

VoodooHDA is an open source audio driver for devices compliant with the Intel High Definition Audio (HDA) specification, based primarily on code from the FreeBSD hdac driver. It is intended as an Intel-only replacement for AppleHDA on Mac OS X with support for a wide range of audio controllers and codecs.

http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/

My apologies to those who have been waiting for these sources to get released, but real life has been busy lately and unfortunately I haven't had nor will I have much time to devote to this project. I am releasing the source code for VoodooHDA, which I have been using for the past few months with no major problems or stability issues. There is, however, no official binary release at this time due to my inability to maintain and support such a release.

If there are any developers out there interested in joining or adopting this project, please email me (this username at gmail) and I will add you as a member to the Google Code project. For the time being, if you are interested in testing the driver you must check out and compile it yourself - for instructions go to the project site listed above and click on the "Source" tab. Be sure to read through Readme.txt for an overview of the state of the driver.

Ok, so i want to test it. I can code, debug, etc. Is there anywhere i could fill a bug report, any log u need, descriptions, etc?

Currently everything worked for me except for internal speakers on mi dell 1420.

and...then..there...was sound.

thanks man.

after months of no sound, my speakers on the little mini are alive again.

but...

(1) volume control doesnt work properly. you have to adjust PCM to actually adjust volume, i dont think its an accurate representation though.

(2) volume control resets after a reboot. you have to readjust.

anyways, apart from those bugs, which i know will be fixed later on, im more than happy to have working sound on my mini - something is better than nothing.

On Dell Studio 15, I can barely hear the sound from internal speakers even with volume set to max. The Headphone's output is fine. Is there anyway to correct this problem?

try adjusting the pcm volume

tell me one thing guys,

my volume settings dont save - it resets everytime i reboot/sleep the mini, and i have to set it to full (the 'PCM' one) each time to get the volume high.

does this happen to eveyrone else who's used it as well? btw im using the precompiled kext posted here.

tried on my ALC268 (HP-dv6500)

good: after weaking up, there is still sound, but with noise.

bad: mic stopped working completely.

and I am having the common bugs people are having here, too.

please help me if you have the same chip, and you are smart too to update the kext.

thanks again , to author and the people here, and the forum.

Hi installed this kext and finally got audio on the mini. Installed and working on HP Mini 1030NR.

The mic currently does not work but will try to figure out why later unless someone else gets it.

Audio is a little weak and will try to look around to get it fixed unless someone knows how.

Also the FN mute option does not mute the audio. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for finally getting this out there.

It's also working on HP 6720s with ADI1981. I did only have speaker-out with the ADI1981 Azalia kext, but with this one all in/outs seem to get detected. I finally get sound on headphones! Haven't tested input yet.

After sleep the PCM volume gets reset, and audio is distorted. I hope this gets fixed soon!

On Intel D915GAG with P4 3Gh HT, 10.5.6 Voodoo kernel 1.0 I get kernel panic when loading the kext

panic (cpu 1 caller 0x21C7EA43): allocMem: failed assertion 'addr'

sebus

i think you need the vanilla kernal to get this working properly

Voodoo people,

I used the kext found on this forum on the Aspire D150 with the ALC272 chipset and

it works beautifully!

I got sound out, will perform more tests on mic, headphone, etc... and come back with report any bugs

that I may encounter.

Nice work!

tried it on my DX58SO mobo, it's got ALC889. it's the only kext that worked so far. well, at least i get stereo output. no input is working properly. thanks and keep up the EXCELLENT work. btw i didn't actualy compile it, just grabbed the kext that Napster put out (thanks)... don't know if that makes a difference... anyway it's basically working... all DX58SO users will be very grateful...

It's also working here (ALC883), with the common bugs people have reported so far: sound is distorted after waking up from sleep, and the internal mic can be heard, but with a lot of strange noises. Thank you very much to the creators for the efforts, it's getting really close.

Well, installed and after returned to AppleHDA for my ALC286. The problem? NO MIC. It's true that there was two available mics into the pref pane but none of them worked... so I went back...

Another question: how do I get this working for a Vanilla /Extra folder? Just the fact of putting it into the /Extra folder didn't work

Hello all I am getting this error - what am i doing wrong?

AsusMac:voodoohda - sudo helper.sh dholmstock$ sudo ./helper.sh build

+ xcodebuild -configuration Debug -target FloatSupport -target VoodooHDA

./helper.sh: line 17: xcodebuild: command not found

+ gcc getdump.c -o getdump -framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation -Wall -Wextra -Werror

./helper.sh: line 18: gcc: command not found

You must have XCode installed to compile kernel extensions, or anything for that matter.

Voodoo team, great great work. Thank you so much for your hard work!