VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

Thireus, thanks! Your new version is working on a 1000HE (internal mic). I haven't yet tested the mic port.

Great :)

You can test the mic port with your earphones, it's just working as a mic when you speak into the little speakers :)

Actually it's mono, so only the left (or right, don't remember) of your mic will work (I don't know why the dev team missed that point :/)

Great :hysterical:

You can test the mic port with your earphones, it's just working as a mic when you speak into the little speakers :hysterical:

Actually it's mono, so only the left (or right, don't remember) of your mic will work (I don't know why the dev team missed that point :/)

Cool. Yes, mic port is working. :hysterical:

(on 1000HE)

Thireus, you rock.

This version is it, I think. Tested all functions on 1000HE. All inputs and outputs working, including microphone in.

Better labels in the sound pref pane-thank you for that. Now it says Internal Microphone and External Microphone where before it just had generic "Mic" and you had to guess which was which. In the Output tab, it now says "Speaker/Headphones" and autoswitches when you plug in headphones in the jack.

Sound is very clean-both recorded and digital sound from Itunes. I played Itunes through the external speakers, plugged in headphones during the song and it picked it up no problem. Recorded myself in audacity using both external mic and internal.

FWIW, I just installed it using Kext Helper, without taking the old kext out of the Extensions folder. Please read the whole post if you are an EEE user doing this for the first time since you do have to delete appleazaliaaudio.kext and remove audiee from your login items for this to work.

Thanks goes to the voodoohda dev team ;)

FWIW, I just installed it using Kext Helper, without taking the old kext out of the Extensions folder. Please read the whole post if you are an EEE user doing this for the first time since you do have to delete appleazaliaaudio.kext and remove audiee from your login items for this to work.

Thank you about this detail, I have updated my post.

Is there a known issue with not being able to control the volume with the keyboard/System Prefs? I can adjust the PCM volume though the VoodooHDA Prefs, but that is the only way to do so. It is a minor inconvenience, as otherwise it works great!

HDX16t

Sound: Intel IDT HDA (111D:76B2, 8086:293E)

Is there a chance for a fix of the problem that sound is on full volume after wake from sleep? I'm working in an office and of course I always forget to set the volume lower, so everyone hears a loud sound coming from my EeePC every few hours...

Oh, and automatic switching from speakers to headphones doesn't work on the EeePC 900A.

Hey, VoodooHDA works flawlessly on my ALC268!!! You're a saint!

... I just have thee problems. Hope they can be fixed, eventually.

- My microphone doesn't work.

- My speaker doesn't turn off when I plug in headphones, nor does it switch to the headphones automatically.

- After sleep, all sound is corrupted and staticky. It's easily reproducible... all I need to do is press up and down on my keyboard's buttons to get OS X to play the little "clack" sound.

EDIT: After sleep, when I plug in headphones and manually switch to it for output in System Preferences, sound is also corrupted over headphones.

EDIT: Version 0.22r96

i get sound with headphones plugged in using the latest voodooHDA but on speakers nothing comes out. also, when i am using the headphones, the sound is barely audible with volume turned all the way up. I am using a gateway laptop with a intel high definition audio device.

I got it working on a IDT 92HD202 6-channel High Definition Audio Codec on a ECS 945GCT-M/1333. No mic support here. I been playing audio for the past 4 hours. Not problems yet. Thanks Voodoo devs.

easy.....read the post at page 4. about #65. Do what it says in note 4, but use one of the precompiled kexts. and you are done.

Basically, delete the existing audio kexts and install this .2.2 kext with kext helper, and reboot.

easy.....read the post at page 4. about #65. Do what it says in note 4, but use one of the precompiled kexts. and you are done.

Basically, delete the existing audio kexts and install this .2.2 kext with kext helper, and reboot.

Thank you - this worked out fantastically.

A few questions:

XCODE

Do I need to keep XCODE installed in order for this to continue working? I would like to free up the GB if I can

LOW VOLUME

The volume from the computer speaker is really low - even when it is turned up - when I plug the headphones in its crystal clear loud. I think I can fix it in the preference pane - but thats not working

PREFERENCE PANE

When I click the VOODOO HDA icon in the preference pane I get the following error:

ERROR Can't Map Memory.

When I try to move the sliders it gives the following error:

ERROR Can't connect to StructMethod to send commands

Thanks for getting back to me so quick on these - I really appreciate the help.

Thank you, Thireus! Your modified VoodooHDA.kext work fine with AD1988 (Asus P5B-E Plus). Only one thing does not work. Output allows only streo. Is any way add multichannel support for output?

I have contacted the dev team, but still waiting for a reply.

XCODE

Do I need to keep XCODE installed in order for this to continue working? I would like to free up the GB if I can

No, you don't.

LOW VOLUME

The volume from the computer speaker is really low - even when it is turned up - when I plug the headphones in its crystal clear loud. I think I can fix it in the preference pane - but thats not working

You cant increase the volume directly into the table.h source code, at the end of this file, then build your kext again (don't forget to delete the kext folder before doing this again). Check out my post here to see what I mean to increase the volume, or you can directly download my build.

PREFERENCE PANE

When I click the VOODOO HDA icon in the preference pane I get the following error:

ERROR Can't Map Memory.

When I try to move the sliders it gives the following error:

ERROR Can't connect to StructMethod to send commands

That mean you didn't installed the provided kext given with the pref pane. Actually the voodoohda source code they give on their dev website is not the one compatible with the pref pane tool they provide. So don't try to use the pref pane. But you can if you want download the right kext here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,139.0.html (download the second file)... but for me my build is better.

hy. i'd like to give my info about 3 motherboard

on the laptop acer 5930g (alc888 s/t) no mic internal works and only frontal speakers work. the HP also works.

on both mcp79a zotac geforce9300 i730 and asus p5n7a-vm geforce9300 i730 the output is a 'craacraa' and no input works.

in both mcp79a I think is an alc662 but the voodoo report alc888. boh

the last checkout version is .8

thanks

hy. i'd like to give my info about 3 motherboard

on the laptop acer 5930g (alc888 s/t) no mic internal works and only frontal speakers work. the HP also works.

on both mcp79a zotac geforce9300 i730 and asus p5n7a-vm geforce9300 i730 the output is a 'craacraa' and no input works.

in both mcp79a I think is an alc662 but the voodoo report alc888. boh

the last checkout version is .8

thanks

Try mine, to see if that works better.

thank you - your new version fixed the sound level problem. still have a few questions/issues

PREFERENCE PANE

Im a little confused about what you are talking about with this. Sorry! Are you saying if I used your ktext file that the preference pane won't work? (I did use your file). As for the preference pane - I was about to install the included ktext in the preference pane folder - but it has the same file name as your audio ktext I installed to increase the volume - isn't this an issue?

APPLE VOLUME CONTROL

My volume slider in the top icon tray does not work. is it suppose to? if it is - how can I fix it?

thanks - and as an added bonus check out my youtube channel as a thank you- (some fun vids of life on the road)

http://www.youtube.com/projectdynamite

Hi and thanks!

My Asus P5B motherboard ( AD1988A ) now have the line in and mic in worked ! :( ( with Voodoo HDA-0.2.2 beta )

Some glitches with preferences pane ( it don`t save values after reboot ) - but now this is not a big problem. Thanks you for your work :D

God save yours hands and brains ! :D