The Porting Team

locoputo

140 posts in this topic

It was more for ResHack specifically, although I do not see a reason it wouldn't work with other programs.

When I had Ventrilo inside of the same folder as ResHacker, Reshacker opened, and ventrilo was open inside of ResHacker.

It more of a ResHacker idea than any other programs, I just thought I'd share some information.

Awww doc, you already invited them over, i wanted to do that :thumbsup_anim:

Anyway, much has happened the last few days, and me and Korich struggled to get everything online again.

There are still a few links that point out to the old iBrain.com.ua domain, and we'll try to get them fixed soon.

So welcome to the Game Porting Team again.

http://portingteam.com

-devilhunter

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i don't understand the projectteams forum.

i need to post 5+ times even if i don't have anything to say to get the privilege of seeing wich games have been ported. i don't want to spam a board but it looks like this is what they want me to do

• 4 weeks later...
i don't understand the projectteams forum.

i need to post 5+ times even if i don't have anything to say to get the privilege of seeing wich games have been ported. i don't want to spam a board but it looks like this is what they want me to do

the porting team is trying to build a nice little mac gaming community, not just an access point for anyone to come get a game working... so we are trying to make it so people will actually become part of the community and discuss stuff. Just introducing yourself in a post, responding to a few other open ones on discussion topics.... it only takes a few minutes to get 5 posts...

We are trying to think of ways to make it so people can see what wrappers are available without 5 posts, so they know if getting 5 posts is worth it.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Hm, I think this is a very cool idea of running old PC-Games that were never ported on a mac, but I have some serious problems of using it.

I am a retro-gamer, my machine is a 2011 macmini-server i7 quadcore with 10.7.5 on the one and 10.13.6 on the other HDD.

My preferred os is 10.7.5.

I downloaded wineskin winery and installed old cxg engines to make a dune2000 port.

I did not make any configurations on the port, I found out, that there are issues with the mouse, so I tried severel ones and one was OK.

Now I found this porting kit, on my 10.7.5 I have to use the legacy-version. I don't understand it, because it's obviously very different from the main version.

It has no features that I require. Seeing the ported engines and choosing one, this legacy build seems to be a platform for building engines.

Another thing is, what software is essential for a greater amout of older and smaller games. Seems to be sonsense to build a game-bottle with

400MB engine and 20MB game. So I decided to start "totalcommader" and not a game directly, copy certain games on the build and try out what game does

run with that bottle. Later it will be better to do "compilations" with a software that can build a menu for choosing a game/demo/intro/cracktro/benchmark etc.

Did someone do those "compilations" already?

Edited by dr.zeissler