[Guide] HP Pavilion dv3540es - 3500 series. Leopard Retail 10.5.8

Ed_Saxman

210 posts in this topic

BootCD RELOADED!

Final version 3.0 is 19/8/09.

News:

- New Script used to install Chameleon 2 manually because the installer does unwanted things that complicate everything.

- NVenabler instead EVGA285 + NVinstaller

- NVenabler has also been added to BootCD, so we will see the installation and the wellcome video in 1280x800.

- No more problems dragging windows the first time you boot the system. QE/CI Everytime!

- Smaller ZIP file size of the BootCD (currently only 25MB)

- Guide and Installation process simplified.

And a final addon:

SimpleInstaller.png

Now Included in the BootCD! With all this stuff I hope that everything will be easier!

Hello!

Thanks again for your work! The updates are great, you are so close of having all working :P

I confirm the installation worked for me (my laptop is a dv3550es).

I used the new DV3boodCD and a Max OS X 10.5.4 retail DVD.I installed the 10.5.8 upgrade and all worked perfectly fine!.

The only issue I had was that when trying to reboot without the DVD3bootCD the computer crashed with a message "You need to restart your computer". The only way to boot was with the DVD3bootCD but the older version.

Then I fully installed Chamaleon2 (in the files of that older CD) and it worked.

Note: One cool thing I found is that you can remove the disk where you have Mac OS X insatlled from the laptop, put it in a USB disk and boot from the USB. It works perfectly!

dv3550es: Core2 P8400, 4 GB DDR2, Intel High Definition Audio, Broadcom integrated Bluetooth, NVidia 9300M GS with 512 MB, Intel ICH9-M chipset

Angel.

Thanks again for your work! The updates are great, you are so close of having all working :)

I confirm the installation worked for me (my laptop is a dv3550es).

I used the new DV3boodCD and a Max OS X 10.5.4 retail DVD.I installed the 10.5.8 upgrade and all worked perfectly fine!.

Well done! I like this part!

The only issue I had was that when trying to reboot without the DVD3bootCD the computer crashed with a message "You need to restart your computer". The only way to boot was with the DVD3bootCD but the older version.

Then I fully installed Chamaleon2 (in the files of that older CD) and it worked.

But this is not good. DV3BootCD´s early versions are not intended for distribution, so we must discover what´s causing this issue.

By the way, Installing chamaleon 2 with the standard installer can break your /Extra/extensions folder, because it installs some kext there, even if you uncheck "extras" custom option during instalation, and then executes a post-install script action.

So manual installation is recommended. (or delete /extra folder that chamaleon´s installer creates, then put your own)(then use Kext utility 2.0)

Note: One cool thing I found is that you can remove the disk where you have Mac OS X insatlled from the laptop, put it in a USB disk and boot from the USB. It works perfectly!

Angel.

Even easier if you use "Superduper" (included in DV3´s "bonus" folder) to clone your partition. You can even install chameleon 2 to the same USB-HD and make it auto-bootable.

EDIT: You can see all the pics on the guide? Sometimes are not shown when I read this same thread from my other computer.

EDIT: You can see all the pics on the guide? Sometimes are not shown when I read this same thread from my other computer.

I don't see all of your pics.

But this is not good. DV3BootCD´s early versions are not intended for distribution, so we must discover what´s causing this issue.

By the way, Installing chamaleon 2 with the standard installer can break your /Extra/extensions folder, because it installs some kext there, even if you uncheck "extras" custom option during instalation, and then executes a post-install script action.

So manual installation is recomended. (or delete /extra folder that chamaleon´s installer creates, then put your own)(then use Kext utility 2.0)

Even easier if you use "Superduper" (included in DV3´s "bonus" folder) to clone your partition. You can even install chameleon 2 to the same USB-HD and make it auto-bootable.

I need to boot with DV3bootCD.

Can I install the new version of chameleon 2 and it may work better?

I don't see all of your pics.

I need to boot with DV3bootCD.

Can I install the new version of chameleon 2 and it may work better?

Ok, I need to find a better way to upload pics (now I´m redirecting to my picasa account)

EDIT: All pics moved to photobucket. All seems to be OK now.

We´re using the lastest chameleon available (RC2).

Did you install chameleon using my script? (we need to find if there is something wrong)

You can install chameleon 2 RC2 with its installer, but take care with your /extra folder. (move or rename it, install cham2 then replace /extra folder with yours)

EDIT: Flopp99, you installed over a USB Harddrive, so the script are not suitable for you (unless you edit it, or type the same commands it contains over a terminal, changing the destination HD). So delete /extra, install cham2, replace /extra, run kext utility 2.0.

EDIT 2: TRIPLE BOOT DONE!!! (clic on the image to enlarge)

th_FOTOBOOT.jpg

Hey everyone!

Just to confirm that this method works on the HP DV5-1165ep! :)

The only problem I'm having (apart from the known issues) is a severe "mouse lag" (the mouse on the USB port, not the trackpad).

I've read a lot of posts regarding this, but most of them talk about QT and iTunes. My problem always occurs. It's not related to a specific application, AFAIK.

All in all, great job! ^_^

That´s great, Sigterm! So dv3 pack also works with dv5 series!

You can try a simple solution for your mouse lag: Download and use "Steermouse" app. I was having a small lag in my desktop computer, and using Steermouse was my solution (and you can use all buttons of your mouse).

Edit: DV3 Boot CD RELOADED - 24/08/09 (yes, one more time)

- Chameleon 2 RC2 binaries AND installer included. Guide updated with 2 options.

- Disabler included to the Bootcd (for safer first boot)

- My Theme for chameleon 2 it´s included. (1280x800, with blackosx´s Icons)

Hi,

I have the Sony Vaio VGN-Z620. it has the same Graphics card and Wi-Fi. (http://www.docs.sony.com/release/SPECS/VGNZ620D_mksp.pdf)

I have installed iDeneb 1.6 with NVDarwin 256 for the video card.

Install went fine but after boot I kept getting a black screen. I fixed the black screen problem by doing the following:

============================

-enter in single mode ("-s" when you boot)

-then remove the kext : rm -rf System/Library/Extensions/nvdaresman.kext

============================

I have everything working but I don't have the QE/CE enabled in the graphics card and I can not change the resolution or the brightness.

Can you please guide me on how to manually enable the QE/CE for the 9300m GS card? i.e. what things I need to change or modify for this card to work and control the brightness?

If I install everything from your hp CD, my system freezes, so I am interested only in the 9300m graphics card driver solution.

Please let me know. your help is very much appreciated!

Well screen blanking does work in place of sleep or hibernate

I didnt read anything in this thread about this, but it lets the screen blank and not kill your battery entirely, hibernation doesnt work but i got some ideas beside the dsdt. I think the disk isnt spinning up in time to read back the hibernate file

goto terminal

run

"sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0000"

this does a light sleep i guess, dont know the right term, still working on this i might edit this shortly

"sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0001" works ok also

i put it back to default settings and did "sudo pmset -a hibernatefile /dev/null" and well it works as well now, just no hibernate.

sometimes i have to hit apple key to reset it (stuck condition) after waking, so far that seems to be only issue

so, any geniuses with some idea

this fix actually goes back to 2006

i found this searching now

hi, work everything in hp dv3506la :D.....but i get this message of error in

in about this mac more information-diagnostic

Prueba automatica de arranque:

ulltima ejecucion: 14/09/09 12:39

Resultado: Error

Tipo de error: Memoria

Ranuras de memoria: DIMM0/BANK 0, DIMM2/BANK 2

dont work wirelles fingerprint sleep and infra red........when is coming snow leopard? :wacko:

sorry my bad english

• 2 weeks later...

Would this guide work with the DV3-2154CA??

320 GB SATA 5400 RPMLED Backlit Display YesOptical Drive 8X Super Multi LightScribe DVD+/-R/RW DLProcessor Speed 2.1 GHzProcessor Type Intel Core 2 Duo T6500RAM 4 GB DDR2 (Exp. To 8 GB)Screen Size 13.3"

Graphics Discrete Video Memory NoExpandable Video Memory NoGraphics Chipset Intel GMA 4500MHDIntegrated Video Memory NoNative Screen Resolution 1366 x 768Upgradable Video System NoVideo Memory 1759 MB

Audio Audio Chipset Altec Lansing with SRS Premium SoundAudio Output StereoDigital Input NoDigital Output NoHardware Volume Control NoIntegrated Amplifier NoIntegrated Microphone YesMicrophone Input YesSpeaker Wattage Information Not AvailableSpeakers Yes

Inputs/Outputs Card Reader YesCard Reader - Compatible Memory Types SD; MMC; MS; MS PRO; xDComposite Output NoExpressCard/34 Input YesExpressCard/54 Input NoHDCP Compliant YesHDMI Port YesIEEE 1394 Input/Output NoIR Receiver YesNumber of Touchpad Buttons 1PC Card Input NoS-Video Output NoType of Keyboard 101-Key CompatibleType of Modem NoType of Pointing Device TouchpadUSB 2.0 3VGA Output 1Webcam YES

Networking Ethernet Port 10/100BASE-TIntegrated Bluetooth NoIntegrated WiFi Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN

Power Battery - Capacity Information Not AvailableBattery - Number of Cells 6 CellsBattery Type Lithium-Ion

Computing Features Processor Cache 2MB L2System Bus 800 MHzScreen Size 13.3"

320 GB SATA 5400 RPM

Optical Drive 8X Super Multi LightScribe DVD+/-R/RW DL

2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6500

RAM 4 GB DDR2

Graphics Chipset Intel GMA 4500MHD Native Screen Resolution 1366 x 768 Video Memory 1759 MB

Audio Chipset Altec Lansing with SRS Premium Sound

Card Reader - SD; MMC; MS; MS PRO; xD

HDMI Port IR Receiver

Webcam

Integrated WiFi Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN

Thanks

Would this guide work with the DV3-2154CA??

320 GB SATA 5400 RPMLED Backlit Display YesOptical Drive 8X Super Multi LightScribe DVD+/-R/RW DLProcessor Speed 2.1 GHzProcessor Type Intel Core 2 Duo T6500RAM 4 GB DDR2 (Exp. To 8 GB)Screen Size 13.3"

Graphics Discrete Video Memory NoExpandable Video Memory NoGraphics Chipset Intel GMA 4500MHDIntegrated Video Memory NoNative Screen Resolution 1366 x 768Upgradable Video System NoVideo Memory 1759 MB

Audio Audio Chipset Altec Lansing with SRS Premium SoundAudio Output StereoDigital Input NoDigital Output NoHardware Volume Control NoIntegrated Amplifier NoIntegrated Microphone YesMicrophone Input YesSpeaker Wattage Information Not AvailableSpeakers Yes

Inputs/Outputs Card Reader YesCard Reader - Compatible Memory Types SD; MMC; MS; MS PRO; xDComposite Output NoExpressCard/34 Input YesExpressCard/54 Input NoHDCP Compliant YesHDMI Port YesIEEE 1394 Input/Output NoIR Receiver YesNumber of Touchpad Buttons 1PC Card Input NoS-Video Output NoType of Keyboard 101-Key CompatibleType of Modem NoType of Pointing Device TouchpadUSB 2.0 3VGA Output 1Webcam YES

Networking Ethernet Port 10/100BASE-TIntegrated Bluetooth NoIntegrated WiFi Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN

Power Battery - Capacity Information Not AvailableBattery - Number of Cells 6 CellsBattery Type Lithium-Ion

Computing Features Processor Cache 2MB L2System Bus 800 MHzScreen Size 13.3"

320 GB SATA 5400 RPM

Optical Drive 8X Super Multi LightScribe DVD+/-R/RW DL

2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6500

RAM 4 GB DDR2

Graphics Chipset Intel GMA 4500MHD Native Screen Resolution 1366 x 768 Video Memory 1759 MB

Audio Chipset Altec Lansing with SRS Premium Sound

Card Reader - SD; MMC; MS; MS PRO; xD

HDMI Port IR Receiver

Webcam

Integrated WiFi Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN

Thanks

theres no driver support for the 4500 and most likely never will be. you will be operating a visually impaired osx.

Also - Does anyone else have problems turning up or down the volume controls? If i push up it goes full and keeps clicking until i hold the down button, and vice versa. Is there a solution to this?

Best. This guide and support is beautiful, thank Ed.

theres no driver support for the 4500 and most likely never will be. you will be operating a visually impaired osx.

Also - Does anyone else have problems turning up or down the volume controls? If i push up it goes full and keeps clicking until i hold the down button, and vice versa. Is there a solution to this?

Best. This guide and support is beautiful, thank Ed.

yes i have to control the volumen with the bar in the finder

theres no driver support for the 4500 and most likely never will be. you will be operating a visually impaired osx..

When you say visually impaired what do you mean? will i be able to see osx just in bad quality? I thought it supported 4500 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...pic=173338...Is my other hardware all good mobo processor etc?

Thanx

When you say visually impaired what do you mean? will i be able to see osx just in bad quality? I thought it supported 4500 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...pic=173338...Is my other hardware all good mobo processor etc?

Thanx

the first post on that thread states what is possible with the 4500. it is only native resolution, which means it will be crisp visually as it is the correct res of your monitor. however, no QE/CI means when you drag windows it will leave skid marks and the desktop will look like a mangled wreck - most probably. also forget about videos, and that probably includes youtube/flash videos.

in my opinion, without the graphics, osx86 is seriously not worth the time in getting your system up and running unless of course you have some dire purpose.

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-inst...-on-a-pc-t3137/

follow the instructions. keep questions/info on topic of THIS thread.

good luck . if you have troubles, PM me and ill give you a list of the kexts ive used. still no acceleration.

uninc

Quick question, does everyhthing work pretty much same as Leopard (I followed the top page guide to instal). Thanks!