[Guide] HP Pavilion dv3540es - 3500 series. Leopard Retail 10.5.8

Ed_Saxman

210 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

PERFECT 10.5.7 software update and all updates on June 07, 2009 installed successfully without causing loss of keyboard and mouse but turned the hard drive icons to the orange drive icons. No big deal, just reinstall the first two or three kexts from the instructions all the way on top of this thread if it bothers you.

QUESTION: Any progress on WAKE FROM SLEEP?

• 2 weeks later...

RECOVER FROM BAD BIOS FLASH

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread...4332&page=3

Originally Posted by 0.0 viewpost.gif The following is a discription of how I managed to

recover the BIOS on a CQ45-107TX

running the InsydeH2O EFI BIOS

using a USB thumb drive.

IMPORTANT !!!

Obtained the correct BIOS file, HP seem to provide many different BIOS's.

For instance the BIOS for CQ45-107AU is not the same as CQ45-107TX.

For the CQ45-107TX I used the Insyde BIOS version F.04 file 30F7F04.FD then

• Renamed the file 30F7F04.FD to 30F7.BIN and placed it on a USB thumb drive.

Disconnected the AC adapter from the notebook.

Removed the battery from the notebook.

Inserted the USB thumb drive into one of the USB ports on the notebook.
    Didn't seem to matter which one.

Held down the 'Windows' Key and the 'B' key.

Connected the AC adapter.

Pressed the 'Power' button on the notebook.

When the LEDs came on, let go of power button and the two keys held down earlier.
    On the CQ45-107TX the touch pad LED came on as amber (disabled) instead of the normal white (enabled).

After about 10 seconds the notebook started reading the USB thumb drive.
    While searching for the file the notebook beeped once a second.
    The number of beeps varied, depending on how big the thumb drive was and
    the number of files on the thumb drive, from just one beep to many.
    If the file was not found, the notebook would reset itself and try again.

If the file was found then it took about 12 seconds for the notebook to load it.
    No beeping sounds heard during the loading time.

When loaded the notebook started flashing, indicated by beeps every 2 seconds.
    This took about 32 seconds.

About 5 seconds after the beeping had stopped the notebook shutdown.
    BIOS worked normally thereafter.

Some notes:

The BIOS files appear to be in this format Code: ????F??.FD

| || ||_|_____ EFI BIOS file

| ||_|________ Version number

|__|___________ Model specific Therefore I would guess if you had a CQ45-115AU and your BIOS flash file was 30FBF21.FD then you would probably rename it to 30FB.BIN for use with the USB thumb drive. But I don't know for sure.

Thumb drive formats.

A 128M thumb drive formatted with FAT16 worked okay.

A 16GB thumb drive formatted with FAT32 worked okay.

No beeping sound

It is possible that you will not hear any beeping at all in which case you should still observe the USB drive LED blinking on and off while loading the BIOS file then, if successful, the computer will shut itself down within 1 minute.

• 4 weeks later...

INSYDE BIOS HACKED!! WIFI WHITELIST GONE!!

Check out kingnoob's post for our HP DV3510nr / DV3500 / HP DV3500t / DV3 over at : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=153559

You have to go to where the HP bios was extracted, replace the HP bios of .fd extension with the downloadable one from kingnoob.

Now that this works, the only thing left is the wake from sleep problem. Has anyone had any progress with waking their machine from sleep?

I just installed the custom bios from the other post and it did install properly nothing died im in the process of removing the wireless card from my acer aspire one to test if the white list is bypassed ill be back with more info.

all i got to say is IT WORKS! finally no more usb dongles lol

YUP, CONFIRMED HERE TOO - FANTASTIC!

Now that WIFI works, how about the wake from sleep... any updates?

Saxman,

In updating the downloadable drivers pack with this friendly INSYDE BIOS, please include a document with the installation instructions at the beginning of this wonderful thread you started.

Gracias Hermano,

eso

LONG LIVE THE KINGNOOB !!!!!!!

You´re a {censored} grandmaster.

Also works on my DV3540es and my Dell 1490 Wireless and it´s working flawnlessly.

Recogniced as airport. Only needed select my network and connect.

I will update the guide and driverspack this weekend.

Thank you SO MUCH, kingnoob, you make us really happy.

:)

;)!

Testing!!!

I´m using Superhai´s VoodooBattery.Kext instead AppleACPIBatteryManager.Kext included in my pack.

It seems to work a bit better.

AppleACPIBatteryManager.Kext was not working properly (it was allways showing 100% when you´re using battery).

With VoodooBattery "percentage view" It´s shown almost correctly (almost, becouse the laptop turns off when reach 1%, not 0%). Time calculation only works well when you plug AC or when you plug-unplug AC. This can be a known bug on some models.

However, I´m not completly sure due to this comment from Superhai. :

"You need also to remove any other battery kexts like AppleACPIPowerSource.kext (it is found as a plugin in AppleACPIPlatform.kext, but is not part of the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext anymore) and AppleACPIBattery.kext if you have installed that or similar third party kexts."

But there isn´t any other battery kext in our system, and I think our AppleACPIPlattorm.kext (used to fix shutdown) isn´t using any kind of plug-in, so it´s being probably a bug. VoodooBattery still needs a lot of fix.

If you want to test it, just delete AppleACPIBatteryManager.Kext from your System\Library\Extension folder (drag it to the trash).

Install VoodooBattery with kexthelper.

DRIVERS PACK 3.0 IS COMING!!!

What will be new:

- Graphic drivers update! - Not using aquamac 9000 series anymore (was working painfully on 10.5.7) Now using EVGA GTX285 drivers!!! :)

- 2 finger scrolling support + Tap + Working trackpad pref pane - Yeh, I did it !!! :P

- Media keys working! - (4 keys: play, stop, etc) Fully configurable

- PATCHED DSDT based on Kingnoob v15 BIOS - No more disabler

- Use of chameleon 2 RC2 bootloader - Now I like it

- Airport full support

- Native power management

- Native SpeedStep

- Native Time Machine

This pack also will include all the apps you will need to take your hackbook a big step further!

EDIT: Last update:

- Sleep & wake WORKS (NATIVE)

- I�m creating a custom-taylored BootCD for our laptops. USB keyb & mice will be no longer necessary. It will provide Battery meter and sound support even during installation. + Graphical interface with chameleon V2.

See you soon.

Perfect instruction,

I have installed in on a USB Harddrive using HP DV3550EO, Swedish version.

Im not finished when im writing this, but i found some fault that can be missunderstood.

See below

6 - UPDATING TO 10.5.8

It will restart 2 times. (remember: boot twice with your DV3 BootCD)

It will reboot one times by itself, so it will be 3 totally, but only 2 times with DV3 BootCD

7- INSTALLING DRIVERS:

3- Open folder "Intel IDT Audio" and run KextHelper. Drag "AppleHDA y HDA enabler" files to the top window of Kexthelper. write your admin password, and clic "Easy install". Close Kexthelper but don´t reboot yet.

You need to have a password for Admin, I didnt have a password for admin, then it didnt worked, i set a password then it work.

7- INSTALLING DRIVERS:

4- Copy "Trackpack.Prefpane" to System/Library/PreferencePanes. Choose "replace".

Trackpad.prefPane is the correct name of the file.

Perfect instruction,

I have installed in on a USB Harddrive using HP DV3550EO, Swedish version.

Im not finished when im writing this, but i found some fault that can be missunderstood.

See below

My Pleasure!! So you´re the first 3.0 tester.

About your comments, You´re right, I will correct all that slang.

By the way, I´m creating a Installer to make all even easier. Will be released tomorrow.

Enjoy!

----Open folder "2", inside "DRIVERS 3.0" ----

7- Copy the folder "Media Keys Enabler" to your apps folder.

- Now clic on "preferences" and check "boot on log in". Close it by now.

boot on log in can also be Load butler on log-in

8- Install "Hardware mon", inside folder "2". Drag it to your apps folder, and say "yes" to all the questions about installing "drivers for extended support" an so on.

Double click the .dmg file and the drag the Icon named Hardware Monitor to the icon Named Applicaton, then double click the Hardware monitor icon in Application folder.

I cant either start without the DV3 BootCD.