[Guide] HP Pavilion dv3540es - 3500 series. Leopard Retail 10.5.8

Ed_Saxman

210 posts in this topic

I had troubles with USB too; remembering back, i fixed it with a dell xps 13 USB fix package and adding my UUID to the smbios.plist immediately at install. I thought speedstep was working too...

I know I have said I'd share my /Extra folder and kexts but the laptop is gone, and my time machine drive was stolen.

i sold my dv3510nr and moved on to the Asus Eee 1201N - 100% Bliss - dual core, nvidia ion, everything works perfect.

Good luck

hey....i installed snow leopard but my trackpad and my keyboard dont work i have to use a usb keyboard and usb mouse.......help me!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I tried to install snow leopard, but in vain. Actually I can boot from Snow, but no keyboard and mouse, also USB does not work from time to time. Any suggestions? Please a little help will be well appreciated.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

No new activity on this thread. It seems that I am a bit late. I'm trying to download the original poster's build of OSX that's tuned for a DV3 notebook. However there are no seeds! Does anyone have a copy so I can go ahead and try?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my last DV TEST PACK for Snow Leopard before I left this project (a year ago):

http://www.mediafire.com/?b44qktqoel1z44h

Whats (was) new:

- New Pack for Snow Leopard 64 bits

- Minimal Kext pack used

- New DSDT compiled with 0 Errors 0 Warnings (old one was 28 warnings)

- Native Powermanagement

- Uses 64 bits Kernel

Whats (was) wrong:

- USB sometime fails (fix doesn´t included). Speedstep, Brightness or Sleep don´t work.

This time I don´t gonna make any new guide or installer, I´m sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated first post with this same info.

I abbandoned this project, but that was my last pack for Snow Leopard. Maybe you can found more up to date guides for HP DV series in this same forum.

This was my last DV TEST PACK for Snow Leopard before I left this project (a year ago):

http://www.mediafire.com/?b44qktqoel1z44h

Whats (was) new:

- New Pack for Snow Leopard 64 bits

- Minimal Kext pack used

- New DSDT compiled with 0 Errors 0 Warnings (old one was 28 warnings)

- Native Powermanagement

- Uses 64 bits Kernel

Whats (was) wrong:

- USB sometime fails (fix doesn´t included). Speedstep, Brightness or Sleep don´t work.

This time I don´t gonna make any new guide or installer, I´m sorry.

Updated first post with this same info.

I abbandoned this project, but that was my last pack for Snow Leopard. Maybe you can found more up to date guides for HP DV series in this same forum.

I understand. Thanks for the files, I dont know what to do with them though! It would be nice if you made a new guide. The newer DV3's would run OSX Great. I could even paypal you some money for it.

• 3 weeks later...