QT 7.6 DEFINITE MOUSE LAG FIX for ALL 8800 GT/GTS 512 & 8600-8500-9800 series

cyclonefr

294 posts in this topic

Thx razlor, now its clear :D

But finally im unlucky, 2d3d.rom or 3d.rom with my original setting dont work, both freeze on xp or osx :'(

Just one thing, you dont need to change Sub Vendor ID and Sub System ID to match with your original bios ? (coz they are 0000 on my palit)

Ok guys, Qucktime 7.6 running with rosetta have the mouse lag ?

Also, the 10.5.5 video driver solve the mouse lag problem ?

Unfortunately no. As far as i can see the only solution (except reflashing) is to downgrade quicktime to 7.5.5.

There are tutorials on this forum how to do this.

When trying to flash 9800gt I get 3 warnings about ids. For example "overriding the board id is only needed for extreme circumstances." so can I just ignore these and press yes?

Check gives me 1024Kx1S so can I flash this card with the original 8800gt mac rom?

EDIT: yep it worked.. But now my fan spins at full speed.. and system says I have two display which isn't true.. hmm.. Have to flash original bios back. :P

When trying to flash 9800gt I get 3 warnings about ids. For example "overriding the board id is only needed for extreme circumstances." so can I just ignore these and press yes?

Check gives me 1024Kx1S so can I flash this card with the original 8800gt mac rom?

EDIT: yep it worked.. But now my fan spins at full speed.. and system says I have two display which isn't true.. hmm.. Have to flash original bios back. :)

Same with me, I flashed a 9800 with 2d32.rom. Since the reflash fan goes at full speed.

No problem: i connected the fan to an external cheap controller with a thermometer.

For me system profiler shows one screen, so I keep the apple bios.

So uh... 8800GS? Worth a shot or a waste of time?

This one is G92 desktop ? It's worth a shot then, but if the frequency is <8800 GT, then edit the bios before to make sure it isn't running at a higher frequency and fry the chip ;)

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Kabyl and cyclonefr for this fix... I can confirm it works on my Inno3D 8800GT 512Mb perfectly. I did take the 2D clock settings down to what my backup rom said just to be safe.

Listening to some music with QT 7.6 right now with no lag whatsoever!

Thanks guys.

Same with me, I flashed a 9800 with 2d32.rom. Since the reflash fan goes at full speed.

No problem: i connected the fan to an external cheap controller with a thermometer.

For me system profiler shows one screen, so I keep the apple bios.

Which dvi port you use? The one that is closest the mobo? I am thinking to buy zalman cooler so that would fix my fan speed. Do you get any graphic problems when playing?..

Which dvi port you use? The one that is closest the mobo? I am thinking to buy zalman cooler so that would fix my fan speed. Do you get any graphic problems when playing?..

Leadtek winfast GeForce 9800GT 512 mega.

I am using the connector closest to the MoBo. Testing it for the third day now: so far so good.

QT, iTunes & co works fine.

Think someone could rip this bios to x64kb?

Thanks,

-Stell

No need to do this.. This bios is using the legacy part of the EFI 32bit rom, so basically it's the same as 3D.ROM edited with nibitor to have 8800 GTS 512 clock :)

Successful flash ;)

I have a MSI NX8800.

I edited the 2D3D.rom bios to match my cards default clock speeds

Then used HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool to format my flash drive then just copied the NVflash stuff and 2D3D.rom to it

Booted to the USB stick..... flash the card......

Booted up just fine. Games still run perfectly in windows. Perhaps even more increased performance in OSX??? Maybe its just because i'm really paying attention to expose and other animations to make sure there was no performance loss or glitches.... :-P. Either way its just as good if not better in both windows and OSX

Thank you cyclonefr, netkas and everyone who helped them :)

P.S. The only problem i had was with the FreeDOS... So i used the HP tool instead. I strongly recommend that with the use of windows98 DOS files. Much faster and was a lot less hassle.

On which card ? Make sure you are either leaving QT or Itunes in memory to experience the lag. If they aren't launched, then no lag.

I installed ilife 09 so qt 7.6 was installed to. but I see no lag at all, what gives?

Guest ѕиоѡ

Lag here with installing iLife '09 so my guess is you had QT or iTunes off.

If there is one fix worth it then it's the old nvidia drivers (and not the bloody flash) but I will wait for a magic fix.