FX5200 Works ! 10.5.5 and 10.5.6

CPT_MAC

60 posts in this topic

astro123: thx for really great tutorial !!!

It help, really help me, but !

I still cant fix the graphics issue :D i try install 10.5.5 CoreGraphics from JESS Fortress

not work for my fx 5700..

update: CoreGraphics from iAtkos5i helps me

solved;)

Astro123, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! This finally solved my issues  using AGP FX 5200 (the one with heatsink, no fan), after trying just about every other method out there (AGPGart, all versions of NVinject, Natit, NVKush complete, NVkush from installer). I recommend others try this first, even though it seems a little intimidating compared to more simple suggestions.

I have to echo that the attached coregraphics did not work for me. I initially installed iAtkos v7, then updated to 10.5.8 using the iDeneb 10.5.8 updater.

What did finally work was doing the tutorial again and using Pacifist to install coregraphics from iAtkos v5i, as mentioned in quote. (Thx for that!).

HARDWARE: Optiplex GX270 w/ P4 2.0 GHz, 1.5GB PC3200 RAM, Network: Intel Pro 100VE, Audio: AC97, FX 5200 AGP (CI, QE, QGL), PS/2: ApplePS2Controller

So I guess there must be something different either between the coregraphics, or else between the dependancies in the different installation methods (iatkos vs iPC)?

Thanks again to all you good people.

~G.

Chipset Model: GeForce FX 5500

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0326

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.1.5

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I'll try Natit, NVinject, NVKush and Thico's installer but not CI/QE :P .

i'm using the Kalyway 10.5.2

Chipset Model: GeForce FX 5500

Type: Display

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0326

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.1.5

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I'll try Natit, NVinject, NVKush and Thico's installer but not CI/QE :rolleyes: .

i'm using the Kalyway 10.5.2

i have also tried this card on various releases but no success yet........:(......but my card is of 256MB......please let me know if your card get worked.......

Hi Can some one help me??

I have a dell precision m90 laptop with a Nvidia Quadro FX 3500m graphics card

have anyone have any idea on how can I enable QE/CI in that card, I've tried everything, nvkrush, corevidia, nvinject, nvdarwing, EFI strings, nothing gives me QE/CI

please help

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Installed successfully. Everything was fine, but... Something happened and the resolution has changed to 1280x768 instead of 1024x768. Tried reinstalling according to the steps above. The res returned to 1024x768 until I install NVidia Universal Installer. After reboot it changes again to 1280x768 ((

What shall I do?

i installed coregraphics.framework from iDeneb 1st than installed nvkushcomplete package than i got everything working...........

just give it a shot..........be careful try nvkushcomplete in place of nvkush......

Please please please help me!

I have a FX5500 PCI 256mb and I can't manage QE CI to work!

System Profiler says

Modello Chipset: I Can Has Model?

Tipo: Monitor

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID dispositivo: 0x0326

ID revisione: 0x00a1

Revisione ROM: NVdarwin 1.2.5

Monitor: 19''

Risoluzione: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Profondità: Colore 32-Bit

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Non Supportata

Mostra connettore:

Stato: Nessun monitor collegato

This is what I done

[before I had an nvidia 7650gs pci express working with nvdarwin installed from IPC 10.5.6 dvd]

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/NVD*

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

exit

than installed

10.5.5 CoreGraphics.framework

than

NVkushComplete

turned pc off

taken out the case the 7650gs pci ex and installed the FX5500 pci 256mb

i managed to remove nvdarwin.kext and nvinjector.kext and now I got

Modello Chipset: I Can Has Model?

Tipo: Monitor

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID dispositivo: 0x0326

ID revisione: 0x00a1

Monitor:19''

Risoluzione: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Profondità: Colore 32-Bit

Monitor principale: S“

Mirror: Spento

Online: S“

Quartz Extreme: Non Supportata

Mostra connettore:

Stato: Nessun monitor collegato

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can anyone confirm having working QE/CI with an FX5200 under 10.5.8?

working on an atom littlefalls2 hack (retail install method) running 10.5.8 with 10.5.6 kernel and system.kext (so hyperthreading and both cores can work). but still fixing garbled menus. still troubleshooting since i was using the gma950 graphics and kexts intended for the onboard video (which could have contributed to menus graphics corruption).

UPDATE: replaced the jessfort coregraphics.framework with one from a 10.5.5 distro. everything now works without glitches. did not need to remove or replace any kexts manually other than the nvidiakush full version install + the coregraphics.framework install through pacifist.

astro123 these instructions worked great for my GeForce FX 5200 128MB !

I did stop at the end of Step 2, as everything worked perfectly, no need for Step 3. There was one thing I added though, not sure how much it helped but if someone got through step 2 and didn't work on next boot, perhaps try what I added

MY EDIT/ADDITION: after installing NVidia Universal Installer in Step 2, I installed a GeForceFX5200 pkg by Prasys.

My setup was on a Dell Dimension 8300 using iPC 10.5.6 (didnt choose any vid drivers on install)

I have compiled 3 links myself in case others go dead (too many osx86 dead links out there)

NVidia Universal Installer

http://rapidshare.com/files/341422669/NVid...taller.mpkg.zip

Prasys GeForce FX 5200 pkg installer

http://rapidshare.com/files/341421359/gf5200__prasys_.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/341421624/10.5...s.framework.zip

or get all 3 in 1 zip here

http://rapidshare.com/files/341472672/GeFo...200-package.zip

------------------- ------------------- ------------------- -------------------

Step 1:

1.) Install OSx86 with no video drivers, injectors (NVkush, NVinject, etc.), nor AGPGart.

2.) Right after installation, boot with parameters -s -v.

3.) Remove all references to Geforce drivers:

/sbin/fsck -fy
	 /sbin/mount -uw /
	 exit

Now your system shouldn't hang anymore, and you'll be able to create an account and login.

4.) Open OSX86Tools and click on Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag button.

5.) Click on GFX Strings icon, and choose Custom GeForce... from the Graphics Card drop-down.

6.) Choose VRAM size (card's memory) and NVCAP (VGA/DVI-I if VGA is on the side of the motherboard) and click on

Import String to Boot Editor icon.

7.) On the Boot Editor window, click on Apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist and restart your system.

You should now see in System Analyzer that your card is recognized, but no QE/CI.

Step 2:

1.) Install NVidia Universal Installer (Thank you MacNutty).

You will be logged-out and logged back in automatically.

2.) Open OSX86Tools , check Repair Permissions, Clear Extensions Cache and Touch Extensions Folder, and click the Run Selected Tasks button. When finished, restart your system.

You should now see in System Analyzer that QE/CI is enabled, but with scrambled graphics.

Step 3:

To fix the graphics issue use Sanya method:

If you have a 10.5.5 dvd (i use IAKTOS 5i):

1.) Insert 10.5.5 dvd and open Pacifist.

2.) Click on Open Apple Install Discs, and choose your dvd.

3). When finished, use the search box to locate CoreGraphics.framework.

4.) Right click on it, and choose Install to Default Location.

Replace files if prompt.

5.) Restart your system.

If you don't have a 10.5.5 dvd (Thank you JESS Fortress):

1.) Download and install 10.5.5 CoreGraphics.

2.) Restart your system.

You should now have QE/CI enabled and working well.

astro123 these instructions worked great for my GeForce FX 5200 128MB !

I did stop at the end of Step 2, as everything worked perfectly, no need for Step 3. There was one thing I added though, not sure how much it helped but if someone got through step 2 and didn't work on next boot, perhaps try what I added

MY EDIT/ADDITION: after installing NVidia Universal Installer in Step 2, I installed a GeForceFX5200 pkg by Prasys.

My setup was on a Dell Dimension 8300 using iPC 10.5.6 (didnt choose any vid drivers on install)

I have compiled 3 links myself in case others go dead (too many osx86 dead links out there)

NVidia Universal Installer

http://rapidshare.com/files/341422669/NVid...taller.mpkg.zip

Prasys GeForce FX 5200 pkg installer

http://rapidshare.com/files/341421359/gf5200__prasys_.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/341421624/10.5...s.framework.zip

or get all 3 in 1 zip here

http://rapidshare.com/files/341472672/GeFo...200-package.zip

------------------- ------------------- ------------------- -------------------

Can you test if it works on Snow Leopard?

working on an atom littlefalls2 hack (retail install method) running 10.5.8 with 10.5.6 kernel and system.kext (so hyperthreading and both cores can work). but still fixing garbled menus. still troubleshooting since i was using the gma950 graphics and kexts intended for the onboard video (which could have contributed to menus graphics corruption).

UPDATE: replaced the jessfort coregraphics.framework with one from a 10.5.5 distro. everything now works without glitches. did not need to remove or replace any kexts manually other than the nvidiakush full version install + the coregraphics.framework install through pacifist.

I want to buy an NVIDIA GTX285. I currently have OSX Retail 10.5.6 installed using Boot 132 to boot up. For some reason I cannot get it to update to 10.5.8. It seems to break when I install the update.

Absolute legend! I've been battling trying to get QE supported with my Maplin's value brand FX5200 for about a week. Now me and my FX5200 get along just fine. I can install Logic Pro on my hackintosh now. Whoop!

Hi Fillerue,

I had the same issues as you mentioned above.

I have an intel p4 2.8Ghz with FX5200 AGP 128MB card, and I'm using IDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) release.

These are the steps i took in order to make QE/CI work:

Step 1:

1.) Install OSx86 with no video drivers, injectors (NVkush, NVinject, etc.), nor AGPGart.

/sbin/fsck -fy
 /sbin/mount -uw /
 exit

Now your system shouldn't hang anymore, and you'll be able to create an account and login.

5.) Click on GFX Strings icon, and choose Custom GeForce... from the Graphics Card drop-down.

6.) Choose VRAM size (card's memory) and NVCAP (VGA/DVI-I if VGA is on the side of the motherboard) and click on

7.) On the Boot Editor window, click on Apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist and restart your system.

You should now see in System Analyzer that your card is recognized, but no QE/CI.

Step 2:

2.) Open OSX86Tools , check Repair Permissions, Clear Extensions Cache and Touch Extensions Folder, and click the Run Selected Tasks button. When finished, restart your system.

You should now see in System Analyzer that QE/CI is enabled, but with scrambled graphics.

Step 3:

Replace files if prompt.

5.) Restart your system.

2.) Restart your system.

Hope that helps.

no issues on geforce 6xxx afaik, you can use Titan to get it works

Has not been able to get CI in Geforce 6600 AGP

So far used:

AGPGart

NVkush

CoreVidia

Nvinject (hangs on NVDAResman)

CPU Celeron 2.5

Albatron PX865PE PRO v.2

ideneb 1.6 lite (10.5.8)

UPDATE:

Finally got it to work using modded EFIstudio

Thanks, sWORDs on Netkas!

• 2 weeks later...

ABIT KV-85

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8M800 Host Bridge

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237 PCI bridge [K8T800/K8T890 South] [1106:b188]

00:09.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado] [10b7:9200] (rev 78)

00:0a.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Agere Systems FW323 [11c1:5811] (rev 61)

00:0f.0 IDE interface [0101]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA VT6420 SATA RAID Controller [1106:3149] (rev 80)

00:0f.1 IDE interface [0101]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE [1106:0571] (rev 06)

00:10.0 USB Controller [0c03]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller [1106:3038] (rev 81)

00:10.4 USB Controller [0c03]: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 [1106:3104] (rev 86)

00:11.0 ISA bridge [0601]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237 ISA bridge [KT600/K8T800/K8T890 South] [1106:3227]

00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller [1106:3059] (rev 60)

00:12.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II] [1106:3065] (rev 78)

00:18.0 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration [1022:1100]

00:18.1 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map [1022:1101]

00:18.2 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller [1022:1102]

00:18.3 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control [1022:1103]

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200] [10de:0322] (rev a1)

Anyone have ideas how to get the Nvidia FX5200 working in Snow Leopard with Quartz Extreme?icon5.gificon14.gif

I have been pulling my hair out (along with Google's, and the search button) trying to get this card working. I have the eVGA low profile FX5200 128mb (new egg link: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...82E16814130210). I have tried atleast 20 different install methods I have found on googled, and all of them yield a different result. The current problem I have now is the screen will take about 20-30 seconds to come up, but it starts black with a mouse cursor. You can see some dark flashes while this is happening. About 1-2 minutes later, I see a blue flash and then back to black with text that says basically login has been started. If I boot into Safe boot, I sometimes get a somewhat normal window (some of the left side is cut off, right side has black bar) and I can log in, but the mouse moves very erratic and slow. I have used the nvidia universal installer, the Fx5200 installer, fx5200 installer for amd/sse2, and about a dozen tutorials. I have undone the work probably 30 times by now (boot into single user and delete any nvidia related kext files). I have added the boot strings for the card. Nothing seems to work. BTW Installation has been fairly flawless as long as I excluded the nvidia drivers. Almost everything works out of box.

Install method: XxX 10.5.6

Dell Optiplex GX240

Intel 82801BA controller (ICH2)

845i chipset

3com 3c905C-TX ethernet

Netgear WG311T wireless (not working)

ADI 1885 sound

1gb pc133 ram

Sony Optiarc CD/DVD+-RW

AGP eVGA low profile FX5200 VGA/s-video

1.8ghz P4 - sse2 only 512k cache

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just adding a data point for the benefit of whoever.

Bone-Stock Dell Dimension 4600 w/ the 5200-series card.

Followed IPC 10.5.6 install exactly as here:

Dell 4600 Install Tips

Started w/ freshly formatted HD, uneventful, except hung on 1st & subsequent boots after install, at Apple Logo/twirling propellor. Would boot fine w/ -f, however.

Reformatted & reinstalled as above, except this time, de-selected all video options for custom install.

Followed the instructions in Post#11 of this thread exactly, using the 10.5.5 core link provided in that message. Thanks astro123.

Seems to be working pretty well, w/ QE, other than what appears to be some type of dialog corruption, in, for example, the title bar of the System Preferences-Network dialog. Not sure how to fix that...

Thanks for all the useful info to everyone who posted here.

• 2 weeks later...

Jess Fortress, thanks! After removing a mess of kexts and simply installing NVKush on my XxX 10.5.6 I have my video working fine w QE etc..

Only prob is my system prefs window and some other system windows and sliders the colors of the graphics are missing or a bit buggy.

I've used the coregraphics 10.5.5 installer but that didnt change anything :(

I can live w this, because it doesnt effect my software but would be nice to solve eventually if possible..

If this is the best I can get than I am still very happy! (spent 4 straight days and 4 late nights w a stack of distro's getting this machine up and finally did it! and there is some serious fulfillment here w/osx86!)

Hi Fillerue,

I had the same issues as you mentioned above.

I have an intel p4 2.8Ghz with FX5200 AGP 128MB card, and I'm using IDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) release.

These are the steps i took in order to make QE/CI work:

Step 1:

/sbin/fsck -fy
 /sbin/mount -uw /
 exit

Step 2:

Step 3:

Replace files if prompt.

5.) Restart your system.

2.) Restart your system.

Hope that helps.

I will confirm that this method works. I installed on a Dell Dimenion 4600 that has Intel Chipset 865PE. The distro is iDeneb Lite 10.5.8. Put "HCL 10.5.8" in Google and you will find the install options for this machine with that distro. But thanks a lot for this. It works. I followed all the steps. My only problem now is that when I open Preferences, the top of its window is black and I can't see the buttons, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
About snow leopard with fx5200, I think someone said somewhere that the pixel shader was too old and that you would need a non-FX series (ie: 6xxx+) for it to work.

I think FX series were a lower version than non FX series for the 5xxx

I'm more or less a layman but I'm willing to learn. Could anyone explain why the FX5200 works perfectly in 10.5 but not in 10.6?

thnax,

Kees