ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

I tested on Gigabyte EP35-DS4 rev. 1.1, with default options + fixes + GFX DSDT, and now the motherboard beeps twice at power on, and becomes unstable if i set fsb more than 400mhz, in addition, the GFX DSDT doesn`t works, and i doesn`t get video with 10.5.0 , i installed NVklush to upgrade, but it's doesn`t works...

However, my motherboard can load IntelCpuPower... .kext without worries... I uninstalled it, but i will give a new chance to this asome patcher when version 2.0 goes out.

Thanks Koala for the efforts to make a really VAINILLA hackintosh. Your next patcher with sound, gfx, lan , pci id... will make history like netkas with pc-efi.

I tested on Gigabyte EP35-DS4 rev. 1.1, with default options + fixes + GFX DSDT, and now the motherboard beeps twice at power on, and becomes unstable if i set fsb more than 400mhz, in addition, the GFX DSDT doesn`t works, and i doesn`t get video with 10.5.0 , i installed NVklush to upgrade, but it's doesn`t works...

However, my motherboard can load IntelCpuPower... .kext without worries... I uninstalled it, but i will give a new chance to this asome patcher when version 2.0 goes out.

Thanks Koala for the efforts to make a really VAINILLA hackintosh. Your next patcher with sound, gfx, lan , pci id... will make history like netkas with pc-efi.

I'm sure your video card isn't supported yet in just 10.5.0. You'll most likely need to update to a newer point release. At least 10.5.2.

-Stell

I see is working for some other people too, so I think it must be something Im doing wrong. I used the windows uninstaller (from the control panel) to trash the old app. then I installed the new version. Same thing.... Is there any special uninstalling procedure? Im using XPpro sp3

I got it working installing the 0.1.8 version in another machine, works great!.

However, in the first machine I tested I dont seem to get rid of the old version's files, so I still get the old error trying to patch a .aml file...

Can you post your original and patched BIOS please ?

Can you post your original and patched BIOS please ?

Koala, i fixed the "no video" in the last step during booting, my dsmos.kext was corrupted... :( Now, im using "all-patched" bios, standart options + gfx + lan. However, this bios its so unstable when i increase fsb (if i overclock 1 mhz, its doesn`t pass post...) in addition, the motherboard beeps twice when boots, and it's so annoying (This motherboard has Dual-Bios, and its check when i power on the PC the status of the current bios, (i think that crc, o some like this) and it can mean that the motherboard detects a modded bios, but as the motherboard boots susccesfuly doesn`t flash the current bios with the recovery one.

I will help you testing bios to solve those problems, i'm not scared to flash my bios, because the dual bios system.

Thanks a lot. I'm really sure, that the future of the hackintosh, are in a easy bios flash.

Here the file:

GAEP35_DS4.rar

crazybyte --->You should be scared! I just flash my ep45-ds3r (f10 bios) with also dual bios technology, but after the flash with the patched bios, the MB run for 3sec, and power off--- power on again etc... Clear cmos, I've took off the battery etc.... NEver worked since, even with dual bios .... My Motherboard is dead...

koalala-->thanks for your work, even if my motherboard is dead it's not your fault.

crazybyte --->You should be scared! I just flash my ep45-ds3r (f10 bios) with also dual bios technology, but after the flash with the patched bios, the MB run for 3sec, and power off--- power on again etc... Clear cmos, I've took off the battery etc.... NEver worked since, even with dual bios .... My Motherboard is dead... koalala-->thanks for your work, even if my motherboard is dead it's not your fault.

My HINT:

I think it is at least much saver to let this patcher do an dsdt.aml file and use that with an bootloader which supports dsdt patching, and use some efistrings for gpu / lan !

To the great dev koalala:

If i use the dsdt.aml method, is there any different (beside an bootloader w dsdt needed) to patch an real bios and flash it?

Thanks for this new app. I follow it.

I use dsdt.aml with my GA-EP-35 (HDA Audio in dsdt, LAN+GFX with efistrings)

Confirm works!.

Thank U much

Im using virtual machine and this could be reason of cbrom crashing.

Anyway, bios seems to be patched (mean F4) but program has unexpected quit

at the end (or something)

No issue at all.

Tnx again, looking forward for fully loaded version.

Hi, can work (F8j) bios?

THANKS

Something wrong here.

Can't patch my Phoenix BIOS PB3G3A08.bin.

Patcher v0.1.8 stops at 1st step displaying "Unable o open ACPI table". Tried all possible combinations. Also can't create DSDT.aml.

I'm trying to patch using XP SP3 fully updated and anti-virus/firewall turned off.

What am I doing wrong?

My_Laptop_BIOS_PB3G3A08.bin.zip

Something wrong here.

Can't patch my Phoenix BIOS PB3G3A08.bin.

Patcher v0.1.8 stops at 1st step displaying "Unable o open ACPI table". Tried all possible combinations. Also can't create DSDT.aml.

I'm trying to patch using XP SP3 fully updated and anti-virus/firewall turned off.

What am I doing wrong?

The patcher is not thinked to be used with Phoenix bios, you should use "Phoenix bios editor" and add your DSDT manually to the editor...

I did like this and now i got it flashed sucessfully... (But first i had to do the main fixes will fassl patcher and add the TM fix manually), i didn´t add graphic code as my Ati is not 100% working under osx.

Don´t force koalala´s patcher to patch your bios file as you can fry your bios when flashing.

EDIT:

I did open your bios with the Phoenix editor with no problems.

Hello

I try the last version on Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2 with WinFast PX7950GT

but found only 7900GT, but it work, don't need to modify my com.apple.Boot.plist

Very Good.

I'm waiting for the version with sound (ALC888)

The GFX patching didnt work for my 7600GT. I edited the dsl file by hand and put the whole GFX section under P0P2 (where my card was located when using efi strings), then it worked fine (change the NVCAP too).

Fantastic work !

Tested on gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l motherboard with f8 bios.

with 10.5.6 my 8800gt works out of the box, onboard lan, all onboard chipset now I only require a kext for my onboard alc882 sound which

works with digital output AWESOME.

I think this is THE {censored}

an alc882 patch for dsdt would make this motherboard 99% mac

crazybyte --->You should be scared! I just flash my ep45-ds3r (f10 bios) with also dual bios technology, but after the flash with the patched bios, the MB run for 3sec, and power off--- power on again etc... Clear cmos, I've took off the battery etc.... NEver worked since, even with dual bios .... My Motherboard is dead...

koalala-->thanks for your work, even if my motherboard is dead it's not your fault.

After a few days with no answer. I'm back.

So, it's very surprising for a Dual-BIOS motherboard since one of them is not erased. But a lot of people seems to have a double BEEP problem and overclock issue, isn't it ?

For your problem, it may have delete ACPI table in patched BIOS but I can't understand if you don't send me the Patched BIOS and the Original one (or the original one with your settings). In all case, if you Dual BIOS card don't post anymore it may be a hardware problem (corrupted EEPROM ?).

------

I advice you to use : BIOS extract function -> Compile to DSDT.aml with D/C function -> DSDT.aml patching.

You can also use "iasl -g" as administrator on the concerned PC and then use DSDT.aml patching.

Then use DSDT override from PCEFI v9.

If your patched BIOS is perfectly working you can continue to use it (all my PC's have one).

For the others, I would advice you to not use patcher for BIOS patching until some tests are made. I need some betatester and some of them with a double beep problem or overclock issue.

I don't know much about all this BIOS patching and DSDT stuff, other than having made a DSDT.aml file for the new Chameleon 12...

But I might be able to shed a little light on dual BIOS / two beeps with overclocking issues:

I have the Foxconn 975X7AB board, running Leo.6 vanilla, and everything is going well except sleep mode (can't hibernate or sleep).

This motherboard has two BIOS chips, regular plus backup. They both needed updating to accept my Pentium Dual-Core properly, but for a long time I could only update the primary BIOS, and the system would often fail on first try and revert to backup BIOS, causing unbootability with my CPU. The system was very finicky with booting for a while, when overclocking, and it would often take several reboots to get the primary BIOS to kick in and boot the system right. But finally Foxconn updated their BIOS flash utility and I was able to put a current BIOS onto both chips. However, I put the next-to-last revision of the BIOS onto the backup chip, with the newest BIOS on primary so that I could tell the difference between the BIOS's when booting. Basically I see BIOS revision 33 on primary, and revision 32 on backup.

Sometimes just plugging in a USB device will cause the finicky motherboard to fail on primary BIOS boot and revert to backup - but this is OK now that both BIOS's are current. Also I have learned what overclocks the board can hold consistently and safely.

So in general, it's nice to have 2 slightly different, but current, BIOS's on your dual-chip board so that you can tell the difference between them. It helps clear one more obstacle out of the troubleshooting process. For example, if you tried changing something and reboot, then hear one beep and see nothing but black screen, then hear another beep after a few seconds... you're probably on the backup BIOS. But having a certain set of two different BIOS revisions let's you know for sure.

For the others, I would advice you to not use patcher for BIOS patching until some tests are made. I need some betatester and some of them with a double beep problem or overclock issue.

Thanks for your impressive work so far, it's one step closer to a real mac!

I have the double beep problem. Two loud beeps when starting up but it starts up fine with the patched bios. GFX now work without EFI-string but network card patch doesn't work. I've tried PEX-5 and PCI-2 (I'm not an expert in IOReg but I think it has to be one of these values) but both don't work. I have attached my original bios and the patched bios, I'm happy to help you out as beta-tester. I have a Gigabyte EP35-DS4 motherboard.

Harbri

Original.rar

Patched.rar

Hey koalala, nice work! I did "hand" patching, to add GFX (7950GT 512MB) and SFX (ALC889A), but i got same beep problem on my Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R.

If you got any solution, would like to know about it too... :(

Thanks for great work.

stickpin.