Latest Kext Utility macOS "Sierra" Super Speed Edition.

cvad

193 posts in this topic

Please try new v2.2. All must be correct.

Enjoy.

Yap.. all is fine :rolleyes: Thanks again

Haha this one isn't a GUI in the strictest sense, more of a fexible front end to Darwin tools :)

Yep.. you're totally right. But i never say that this one is a gui!

I only need exactly this, so i don't have to call Terminal when i need it.. and remember the code, off course.

As i say, was only kiding with you, Pcwiz. If i need something more "powerful" i know were to go get it :whistle:

Cheers

Yap.. all is fine :) Thanks again

Yep.. you're totally right. But i never say that this one is a gui!

I only need exactly this, so i don't have to call Terminal when i need it.. and remember the code, off course.

As i say, was only kiding with you, Pcwiz. If i need something more "powerful" i know were to go get it :D

Cheers

Use Control+R in terminal.app, you will not need to remember a code :)

Use Control+R in terminal.app, you will not need to remember a code :)

Thanks for the tip, mate. Have so much to learn and so much to do that it's difficult to keep an "eye" on every possibility :)

i'll get there with time.

Merry Christmas to you.. and ALL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
grazie . provato funziona alla grande.

pcwiz santo subito!

Ciao,

hai notato che dopo aver usato questo programma, se si usa Disco Utility per riparare i permessi praticamente trova un sacco di errori proprio nella cartella Extension ? E' normale ?

...hai notato che dopo aver usato questo programma, se si usa Disco Utility per riparare i permessi praticamente trova un sacco di errori proprio nella cartella Extension ? E' normale ?

Leggere la nota per favore.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks again :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem with that automatic rights repair:

Because the new Util, if startet and not as drag&Drop tool used, "repairs" the rights, the rights are not 100% correct repaired. System will work but next normal rights repair (disk utility) will give you an huge (all kexts) repair time.

Seems that the tool does an chmod -R +x to all .kext, which doesnt matter for an working system but next disk utility rights check/repair will give that looooong repair session.