Latest Kext Utility macOS "Sierra" Super Speed Edition.

cvad

193 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

cVaD, great utility as always  :thumbsup_anim:

Do you know if it's safe to use v2.5.7 on the final 10.10 to rebuild and / or repair caches?

Yes, but at this point, the KU does not add boot arg "kext-dev-mode=1" automatically, so you must do it manually.

Otherwise, AppleKextExcludeList.kext and msdosfs.kext drivers lose their digital signature and are not loaded.

• Like 1

Kext Utility.app v2.5.7

• NEW! Patch msdosfs.kext Info.plist for add OSBundleRequired="Console". That provides access to an EFI partition in single user mode.

Just an information, regarding this update and Yosemite.

Since Kext Utility will automatically patch msdosfs.kext, Yosemite will refuse to load it because it'll turn into an "unsigned kext".

Then, it'll be necessary to always boot the system with the "kext-dev-mode=1" argument, otherwise you won't be able to load the kext and be able to do operations that require it (like mounting a FAT32 EFI partition, for Clover management, for example).

• Like 2

Kext Utility.app v2.5.8

• Automatically add boot arg: "kext-dev-mode=1" for load unsigned kexts in MAC OS X "Yosemite";
  • Disabled for Mac OS X "Yosemite" 10.10 and up:
    • Patch msdosfs.kext Info.plist;
    • Update a records about the unsigned installed kexts in the AppleKextExcludeList.kext.
  • Like 6

Kext Utility.app v2.5.8

• Automatically add boot arg: "kext-dev-mode=1" for load unsigned kexts in MAC OS X "Yosemite";
  • Disabled for Mac OS X "Yosemite" 10.10 and up:
    • Patch msdosfs.kext Info.plist;
    • Update a records about the unsigned installed kexts in the AppleKextExcludeList.kext.

Does it add the boot arg to Clover config.plist in EFI partition too?

Also, since I've used Kext Utility 2.5.7, I now have a patched msdosfs.kext in my /S/L/E.

I'd like to reinstall the original version.

I've tried to open Yosemite installer with Pacifist, but looks like it can't extract a complete .kext (there are 2 kexts versions in Yosemite installer, one in BaseSystemBinaries and another one in BaseSystemResources).

One is extracted with only .plist files, and the other one is extracted with only the binary file.

Do you know how can I reinstall that original kext?

Edit

Nevermind. I've mounted BaseSystem.dmg and found the kext in there.

Does it add the boot arg to Clover config.plist in EFI partition too?

Also, since I've used Kext Utility 2.5.7, I now have a patched msdosfs.kext in my /S/L/E.

I'd like to reinstall the original version.

I've tried to open Yosemite installer with Pacifist, but looks like it can't extract a complete .kext (there are 2 kexts versions in Yosemite installer, one in BaseSystemBinaries and another one in BaseSystemResources).

One is extracted with only .plist files, and the other one is extracted with only the binary file.

Do you know how can I reinstall that original kext?

Edit

Nevermind. I've mounted BaseSystem.dmg and found the kext in there.

KU adds the boot arg "kext-dev-mode=1" in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist.

If you want have original msdosfs.kext - restore it Info.plist from backup in msdosfs.kext/Contents directory.

Great utility but 2.5.8 is giving me trouble on Yosemite. This happens when it gets to "Syncing disk cache".It hogs all the memory I have to force quit it.

uczr0ma.png

Kext Utility.app v2.6.1

• NEW! Kext Utility.app/Contents/Resources/KU_config.plist for ON|OFF some KU functions;
  • KU can automatically add boot args: "-v" for verbose boot and "kext-dev-mode=1" for load unsigned kexts in MAC OS X "Yosemite" in com.apple.Boot.plist
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Kext Utility.app v2.6.2

• KU can automatically add boot arg: "rootless=0" for perform any repair permissions operation for system files in MAC OS X "El Capitan" in com.apple.Boot.plist.
  • Like 5

cVAD thanks your effort.

i wonder that you include -v option enable.

if i use your kext utility, reboot, my hack only boot with -v mode without related clover boot-args.

so i should disable -v option in your utility.

then i should delete -v flag in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist.

i test it in yosemite, el capitan

is it right?

cVAD thanks your effort.

i wonder that you include -v option enable.

if i use your kext utility, reboot, my hack only boot with -v mode without related clover boot-args.

so i should disable -v option in your utility.

then i should delete -v flag in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist.

i test it in yosemite, el capitan

is it right?

This is a temporary solution for new hackintosh users. Advanced users easily disable unnecessary options than to turn them on to the new user. :)

Kext Utility.app v2.6.3

• Incredible! New!  Now KU can automatically not only add but and remove boot args in com.apple.Boot.plist.  :)

Enjoy ...

• Like 3

hello cVaD

i love your kext utility.

i test it in 10.6.8

but keep showing this message. i cant use your utility

post-980913-0-48632500-1434820928_thumb.png

thanks in advance

add info

2.6.1 is working all os x version

but 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 are not working old osx verision. ex snow leopard

hello cVaD

i love your kext utility.

i test it in 10.6.8

but keep showing this message. i cant use your utility

attachicon.gif스크린샷 2015-06-21 오전 2.19.09.png

thanks in advance

add info

2.6.1 is working all os x version

but 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 are not working old osx verision. ex snow leopard

Hello.

Try to start a second time and you'll see that it works.