Color Depth : <fill this out>

Rendering (Single CPU): 269 CB-CPU

Rendering (Multiple CPU): 504 CB-CPU

Multiprocessor Speedup: 1.87

Shading (CINEMA 4D) : 315 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Software Lighting) : 779 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Hardware Lighting) : 1408 CB-GFX

OpenGL Speedup: 4.47

I have to say, that both win and osx opengl drivers is using only 1 (one) core. Seems to be a little dissapointment to me. Of course ogl from windows has better performance, thats not a big deal for me.

Has anyone idea how to unlock 2ng core for ogl applications ?

A little question...

I'm a noob, so please don't flame me if it appears to be silly!

Would it be possible to use the windows drivers contained in bootcamp for a hackintosh?

I'm specially thinking of the ATI video drivers.

The idea: use a PC ATI graphics card flashed with the firmware from a Mac ATI card.

OSX would run with the original driver, Windows with the bootcamp driver.

However, I have no idea if the flashing is possible and, if yes, how to get the ATI/Mac firmware.

Velvet, have you had a chance to install (or do you use) Daemon Tools?

For those that are not familiar with Daemon Tools it's basically a disc emulator that allows you to virtually mount disc images in WindowsXP.

I have neither the DVD for the game (CD Version); nor a general will to use it. I might as well just install it fully rather than just making a virtual disc out of it.

A little question...

I'm a noob, so please don't flame me if it appears to be silly!

Would it be possible to use the windows drivers contained in bootcamp for a hackintosh?

I'm specially thinking of the ATI video drivers.

The idea: use a PC ATI graphics card flashed with the firmware from a Mac ATI card.

OSX would run with the original driver, Windows with the bootcamp driver.

However, I have no idea if the flashing is possible and, if yes, how to get the ATI/Mac firmware.

Well, ask yourself this?

Do you have an ATI x1600 onboard chipset from Apple while running Windows? If not... then it will do you no good. Drivers are for hardware. if you don't have Apple OEM hardware, you don't need Apple OEM drivers for Windows XP. You are looking for the opposite, OS X Drivers for non Apple hardware.

Well, ask yourself this?

Do you have an ATI x1600 onboard chipset from Apple while running Windows? If not... then it will do you no good. Drivers are for hardware. if you don't have Apple OEM hardware, you don't need Apple OEM drivers for Windows XP. You are looking for the opposite, OS X Drivers for non Apple hardware.

I was also thinking of future Intel-"PowerMacs" (how to call them??) with a separate graphics card rather than an onboard chipset.

But anyway, you are right. If I understand well, OSX on MacIntel is EFI based, while Windows (on MacIntel and on hackintosh) and OSX on hackintosh are BIOS based. So the flashed card might work on windows, but not on OSX!!! Not really interesting!!!

Perhaps a solution for an EFI based hackintosh.

Alright I had a strange problem and am wondering if anyone else had experienced this. I just received my macbookpro today....then visisted the site to find out about bootcamp...so i went to install windows but my macbookpro keyboard doesnt work....i hit enter to setup windows..nothing..hit f3 to quit..nothing... had to hook a usb keyboard up to it to get the install to go. Any suggestions?

I've got XoM currently installed. Is it possible to use the driver CD that the Boot Camp Asst creates to install the video, keyboard, internet, etc drivers? If it is, would anyone with this CD be willing to send me it? Thanks

Hi to all the Gurus here. Can we use a Tablet PC2005 restore disk (SP2) to install on windows xp on a macbook pro. I really don't want to buy another copy of windows. I have 3 other PCS and they all have win xp SP1 unfortunatley.

Thanx in advance

Overclocking is not really point. The idea is to force ati/apple opengl driver to use second core of CPU.

3dbenckmark shows really bad scores on Mac (Mac vs PC with similar hardware). That's why the clock is different: 370 on Mac, 470 on Acer travelmate 8200 (same chip). On the onmac forum, a lot of people has tried to hoverclock the Mac with good results (with 3dbenchmark).

I was curious to know if it is the same with cinebench and OpenGL.

I've got XoM currently installed. Is it possible to use the driver CD that the Boot Camp Asst creates to install the video, keyboard, internet, etc drivers?

I'm not sure. The video driver will likely not work, since the video of XOM is hardcoded into the fauxBIOS. If you could get around that, you'd still need to make sure you run the firmware update from Apple to add Legacy BIOS support for your video card anyway.... which means you need to remove the XOM partition to update the firmware anyway. (in my experience, that is.)

If it is, would anyone with this CD be willing to send me it? Thanks

Dude, it's free... go to Apple and get it. :)

Hi to all the Gurus here. Can we use a Tablet PC2005 restore disk (SP2) to install on windows xp on a macbook pro. I really don't want to buy another copy of windows. I have 3 other PCS and they all have win xp SP1 unfortunatley.

Thanx in advance

Legally, no. However, it's very possible that it would actually work. Your mileage may vary. You didn't hear it from me.

Most XP CDs don't come with drivers. First you re-install XP, then you run the driver CD to get all of your crappy demo software and your drivers back. I know that Gateway, Dell, and IBM (lenovo) all work this way, since MS won't build them custom CDs for every model they ship. It's just a plain old XP CD and will likely work.

hi all.

i'm so happy that it's now possible to run xp on apple hardware but seriously, i don't think it's going to make a dent on apple's books. some will speculate that apple will sell a whole lot more hardware now that it's possible to run xp but a few things remain a barrier. firstly and most important is pricing. everyone on here and who's a diehard knows for fact that apple makes better hardware but the general public doesn't know that. people want to see sound products at a reasonable price and apple is simply way too expensive! i like apple products but the barrier to entry is just too great. secondly, the general public doesn't have access to apple products because it's just simply easier and less intimidating to go to bestbuy/circuit city and get a pc box rather than enter a sleek n' modern apple store. in this arena, it's about perception and apple stores are setup to be elitist. we see it as savvy design and marketing but bob and mary see it as intimidating and non-welcoming. besides... how many apple stores are there in relation to bestbuys? so if apple truly wants to sell more of their products they have to get away from their exclusitivity model and allow their products to be sold at the bigbox stores. most users don't have the know-how and time to install a prep application just so they can be more confused and increase their learning curve once they power their computer up. apple has always done everything proprietary and been exclusive and that's a large reason why they have the pithy market share that they do. i would love to see the proliferation of apple products onto the mainstream but steve jobs is holding it back. i understand his reasoning but i think from a business standpoint, it's poisonous and unproductive. i say put your products out there alongside pc boxes masses and trust that your product will be the better product at the end of the day and that people will recognize that. until apple does that they will always be relegated to being a niche player and a runner up in the enterprise market (and we all know that that's where it really matters). ok, i could go on but i expect some serious flamming so i need to go put on my flame suit :angel:

in all, i'll either be buying a macbook pro to run xp or getting an equally sexy asus W2J notebook very soon.

ps/ quick question: can i choose NOT to load OSX onto my macbook pro and just run windows xp on one partition or does OSX need to be present in order for bootcamp to work?

ps/ quick question: can i choose NOT to load OSX onto my macbook pro and just run windows xp on one partition or does OSX need to be present in order for bootcamp to work?

Yes, once you apply the firmware update (in OS X) you should be able to use 100% of the HD space for XP.

I haven't tried it, but it should be possible.

=)

Apple, by introducing the BOOT CAMP Project is not just to get more sales, its a strategy they're using to divert attention away from the BAMBIOS Project.

Uh, no. This has been on their plate for a while now. It's release was a bit early due to the increased interest in the subject.

It's been a planned part of Leopard for a while now, and we haven't see all of it's features yet. B)

secondly, the general public doesn't have access to apple products because it's just simply easier and less intimidating to go to bestbuy/circuit city and get a pc box rather than enter a sleek n' modern apple store. in this arena, it's about perception and apple stores are setup to be elitist. we see it as savvy design and marketing but bob and mary see it as intimidating and non-welcoming. besides... how many apple stores are there in relation to bestbuys?

Huh... first to flame, maybe, but Apple's hardware are sold at Bestbuy...

Has anyone tried Windows 2000 on their macbook? I was throwing this on my p3 700mhz box and got to thinking that no one had yet tried this out.

While it might be possible, Apple's drivers will apparently only support XP SP2. So having a MacBook running Win 2000 and no video support might suck a whole lot.

However, if someone is willing to try it, it might be interesting to know if it's possible.

I, however, am very happy to run XP next to Mac OS X. (Having spent too many years without MS Access in my Mac world.)

=)

hey for all those of you who just have xp sp1 you can create an xp sp2 disc. I did so that I don't have as many threats when loading a fresn system. It is called slipstreaming and it is not that hard. Here is the link

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windo..._slipstream.asp

My boss just decided to let me get a mpb for work. The main reason? It now supports XP

Isaac.S

Just for future reference, I tried booting an XP "live" disk I made using bartPE a little while ago and it doesn't work! Still trying to get the damn thing to partition without me having to back everything up...

I got BartPE running fine, I just put an XP or Vista install CD in initially, then ejected it after reboot and replaced it with BartPE. It doesn't find any network cards but it should be trivial to put them in the build with the drivers CD that Boot Camp makes. Keyboard and mouse work fine too. You can even format drives and all that good stuff that BartPE is nice for. :)

Hi, I've had a quick scan through the posts and haven't seen the answer, so sorry if its already been answered (just point me to the relevent thread)

What actually happens to boot camp after sept 2007 does it actually stop if you move your system clock forward?

thanks in advance