The NVIDIA 9500GT Thread

Mrx33

454 posts in this topic

- open osx86tools

- add efi string

- click on gfx string

- choose custom geforce (you need to scroll the list)

- enter your video card name

- enter memory size

- NOW choosing your display configuration, choose custom

- enter *your* NVCAP, not mine

save the plist

thanks, followed it worked for me, im using Asus EN9500GT 512MB QE enabled and hardware accelerated.

it's easier to use NVIDIA BIOS Editor to save the ROM instead of using NVflash though as it runs in windows.

I hope somebody can help me? I have a Low profile XFX GeForce 9500 GT 512MB with the following NVCAP: 0400000000000100060000000000000700000000. Device ID: 0x0640. I use the iPC OSx86 10.5.6 distro

and use no video injectors. My desktop is a Dell Optiplex 755 SFF.

First option (failed):

1. First I put OSX86Tools to the desktop.

2. And do this:

- Open OSX86Tools

- Add EFI Strings

- Click on GFX Strings

- Choose Custom GeForce (you need to scroll the list)

- Enter your video card name (in my case: "GeForce 9500 GT"

- Enter memory size (in my case: "512MB")

- NOW choosing your display configuration, choose "custum"

- Enter "0400000000000100060000000000000700000000"

- Choose "Import String to Boot Editor"

- Choose "write com.apple.Boot.plist"

3. Reboot

With the following above I get a black screen when I start my computer.

The second option (is a succes):

1. First put OSX86Tools to the desktop.

2. And do this:

- Open OSX86Tools

- Add EFI Strings

- Click on GFX Strings

- enter memory size (in my case: "512MB")

- NOW choosing your display configuration, choose "VGA / DVI-I"

- choose "Import String to Boot Editor"

- choose "write com.apple.Boot.plist"

3. Reboot

4. Open OSX86Tools for the last time:

- choose "Enable/Disable Quartz GL"

With the second option I have a working GeForce 9500 GT, but If I change my resolution or start a

game I get a blue screen and have to start my computer again. On this forum they say it has to do

with choosin display configuration in OSX86Tools.

How do I get my GeForce 9500 GT working and also can use my videocard in games and don't have problems

with blue screens.

Did you try with the kext I attached?

Open OSX86Tools and click on "View PCI device/Vendor ID" then click on run LSPCI (or install it, reboot and run)

My nvidia device ID is: [10de:0640]

If you've got the same (it would be) you can install kext of #33 post, otherwise you'll need to edit the Info.plist file of both 2 kexts attached.

Be sure you removed other injectors, extension.mkext and checked permission with osx86tools. Try to run the first time with -x -v -f then shutdown and restart.

Did you try with the kext I attached?

Open OSX86Tools and click on "View PCI device/Vendor ID" then click on run LSPCI (or install it, reboot and run)

My nvidia device ID is: [10de:0640]

If you've got the same (it would be) you can install kext of #33 post, otherwise you'll need to edit the Info.plist file of both 2 kexts attached.

Be sure you removed other injectors, extension.mkext and checked permission with osx86tools. Try to run the first time with -x -v -f then shutdown and restart.

Do I only have to install those kexts? I have indeed the same device ID. Do I not have to change anything in OSx86Tools or do NVCAP in GFX Strings? Because when I only install those kexts from you on post 33. I also get a black screen. I must say I didn't removed extensions.mkext and and checked permission with osx86tools. Also I didn't run the first time with -x -v -f then shutdown and restart when I firstly did install those kexts.

Are you running 10.5.5 or 10.5.6? I suppose those work well on 10.5.6

At all events I suggest you to use your NVCAP in custom monitor connection, this is the right way to have this working properly.

I managed to run correctely my 9500gt only with 10.5.6 update, before this I never reached a good stable configuration.

So updating to 10.5.6 for me and my hardware setup was not a problem, if you decide to update do it, understanding what you're doing.

At all 10.5.5 could be the problem.

I use a iPC OSx86 10.5.6 distro. So you suggest that I first install the kext from post 33 and then put in with OSX86Tools the NVCAP on this way?:

1. First I put OSX86Tools to the desktop.

2. And do this:

- Open OSX86Tools

- Add EFI Strings

- Click on GFX Strings

- NOW choosing your display configuration, choose "custum"

- Enter "0400000000000100060000000000000700000000"

- Choose "Import String to Boot Editor"

- Choose "write com.apple.Boot.plist"

3. Reboot

Excuse me I read your signature with iDeneb 10.5.5, but you wrote you are on 10.5.6 ;)

Yes is fundamental having nvidia kext already installed, because efi strings uses them while booting, after you have installed the procedure would be right, try with -x -v -f boot and shutdown.

Read the first post of the thread I updated :)

Some desperate tips:

- Enter your video card name I wrote "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"

You should try this NVCAP, is mine :) 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000

My Asus P5Q EM, with an e5200 o/c to 3.45, 4 gb ram, Onboard sound alc1200 working, onboard lan Realtek 81xx working OOB, usb k/b and mouse, start/shutdown working but not perfect, sleep works, vanilla install using boot 132 and Munky's excellent EFI guide and a Sparkle 9500 GT with full qe/ci using just EFI strings from OSXTools. Also added ethernet strings with OSXTools so time machine works perfect.

For my GFX and ethernet:

Istalled retail 10.56 so no video or ethernet kext were selected. My first try i used the latest mac book kext, no ce/ci with or without gfx strings. so i used nothing. ethernet was detected but time machine was not working.

I used OSXTools right from my desktop (i had installed all the applications fron iPC distro by de selecting everything except the apps, but got an error message when trying to write to boot.plist file) works if it's on the d/t.

Launched osxtools, click on add EFI strings, boot flags.

click on GFX Strings

custom GeForce hex

Name: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

Memory: i used 1024 b/c that's what's on the card

Nvcap: i used DVI-I/VGA

Next i saved this to a hex file called GFX.HEX

Next i clicked on ethernet strings and saved this as ethernet.hex

then i pressed on combine hex files and selected both files at the same time

write to boot.plist and rebooted with full qe/ci and time machine.

switching resolutions results in a blue screen, i press the power button to sleep the box, then press again to wake and i'm back on the desktop with the selected resolution. this was using an old crt monitor thru the VGA port.

using a VGA To DVI adapter, resolution changes work perfect.

good luck

hope this helps

PS

thanks to http://www.osxcores.site50.net/ for the modded bios for my P5Q EM, which made the retail install a snap to do.

for sleep to work properly, i had to set one of 3 jumpers on the motherboard, consult your manual for details. without this, you can't wake from sleep with the k/b or mouse.

Excuse me I read your signature with iDeneb 10.5.5, but you wrote you are on 10.5.6 :)

Yes is fundamental having nvidia kext already installed, because efi strings uses them while booting, after you have installed the procedure would be right, try with -x -v -f boot and shutdown.

Read the first post of the thread I updated :)

Some desperate tips:

- Enter your video card name I wrote "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"

You should try this NVCAP, is mine ;) 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000

I did the following on a clean install of the iPC x86 10.5.6 distro and it still didn't work:

- install Nvidia 2009 modded drivers for 9500gt(CLICK) with kexthelper (install kexts from Archive.zip)

- clean everything with OSx86tools check all the options on main panel and run permission repair and clear extension kext

- again on osx86tools

- click on the button add efi string

- click on gfx strings

- choose custom geforce (you need to scroll the list is the last one)

- enter your video card name "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"

- enter your video card memory size "512MB"

- enter NVCAP

- Import String to Boot Editor

- Write com.apple.Boot.plist

- reboot with -x -v -f

- shutdown and boot

I have tried with NVCAP "0400000000000300040000000000000700000000" (from you) and my own "0400000000000100060000000000000700000000", both didn't work. Do you know why I still get only

a black screen when I start my computer with above.

I did the following on a clean install of the iPC x86 10.5.6 distro and it still didn't work:

- install Nvidia 2009 modded drivers for 9500gt(CLICK) with kexthelper (install kexts from Archive.zip)

- clean everything with OSx86tools check all the options on main panel and run permission repair and clear extension kext

- again on osx86tools

- click on the button add efi string

- click on gfx strings

- choose custom geforce (you need to scroll the list is the last one)

- enter your video card name "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"

- enter your video card memory size "512MB"

- enter NVCAP

- reboot with -x -v -f

- shutdown and boot

I have tried with NVCAP "0400000000000300040000000000000700000000" (from you) and my own "0400000000000100060000000000000700000000", both didn't work. Do you know why I still get only

a black screen when I start my computer with above.

I have to say one thing. If I start up my computer with everything installed with above, then it is working in VGA but not under DVI. I really want to use DVI. Do you guys when you use above use VGA or DVI?

Hello everybody,

I hope somebody can help me? I have a Low profile XFX GeForce 9500 GT 512MB with the following NVCAP: 0400000000000100060000000000000700000000. Device ID: 0x0640. I use the iPC OSx86 10.5.6 distro

and use no video injectors. My desktop is a Dell Optiplex 755 SFF. At the moment there are 3 solutions to get your GeForce 9500 GT working:

Solution 1:

2. Then do the following:

- Open OSX86Tools

- Add EFI Strings

- Click on GFX Strings

- Enter your video card name (in my case: "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"

3. Reboot

The problem with above is that sleep and mouse is working but if I change resolution I get a blue screen.

This means I can't play games. With above I can use DVI and VGA. But it is no option if I can't play games

because of the blue screens.

Solution 2:

Before you install:
- Remove from /System/Library/Extension every nvidia injector you could have installed, if you've never installed one you're clean and ready to go.

- Put OSX86Tools to your desktop.

Howto get QE/CI enabled on XFX GeForce 9500 GT, let's start:

- Install Nvidia 2009 modded drivers for 9500gt(CLICK) with kexthelper (install kexts from Archive.zip)

- Clean everything with OSx86tools check all the options on main panel and run permission repair and clear extension kext

- Again on osx86tools

- Click on the button add efi string
- Click on gfx strings

- Choose custom geforce (you need to scroll the list is the last one)

- Enter your video card name "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"
- Enter your video card memory size "512MB"

- enter NVCAP: "0400000000000100060000000000000700000000"

- Reboot with -x -v -f

- Shutdown and boot

With this I get no blue screens and can play games but can't use DVI -> only VGA is possible.

With DVI I get a black screen when I start up my computer. Sleep is a problem because when i go back to the desktop my mouse isn't working. I also used another NVCAP from marionez but his NVCAP gives exactly the same

problems.

Solution 3:

With this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...33989&st=60

see post 64

I also get my videocard working on the same way as with solution 2, but I get a CHIPSET MODEL UNKNOWN NVIDIA CARD. This is only a cosmetic problem. I also have the same problems as with solution 2 -> can't use DVI -> only VGA is possible. With DVI I get a black screen when I start up my computer. Sleep is also a problem.

I think the best is solution 2 because it is working alright and you don't get CHIPSET MODEL UNKNOWN NVIDIA CARD. Only I want to have a good working sleep and want to use DVI and at the moment this isn't working.

Hello everybody,

and use no video injectors with the clean install. My desktop is a Dell Optiplex 755 SFF. At the moment there are 3 solutions to get your GeForce 9500 GT working with CI & QE:

Solution 1:

- Open OSX86Tools

- Add EFI Strings

- Click on GFX Strings

3. Reboot

The problem with above is that sleep and mouse is working but if I change resolution I get a blue screen.

This means I can't play games. With above I can use DVI and VGA. But it is no option if I can't play games

because of the blue screens.

Solution 2:

Before you install:
- Remove from /System/Library/Extension every nvidia injector you could have installed, if you've never installed one you're clean and ready to go.

- Install Nvidia 2009 modded drivers for 9500gt(CLICK) with kexthelper (install kexts from Archive.zip)

- Clean everything with OSx86tools check all the options on main panel and run permission repair and clear extension kext

- Again on osx86tools

- Click on gfx strings

- Reboot with -x -v -f

- Shutdown and boot

With this I get no blue screens and can play games but can't use DVI -> only VGA is possible.

With DVI I get a black screen when I start up my computer. Sleep is a problem because when i go back to the desktop my mouse isn't working. I also used another NVCAP from marionez but his NVCAP gives exactly the same

problems.

Solution 3:

With the solution posted on this forum -> post 64.

I also get my videocard working on the same way as with solution 2, but I get a CHIPSET MODEL UNKNOWN NVIDIA CARD. This is only a cosmetic problem. I also have the same problems as with solution 2 -> can't use DVI -> only VGA is possible. With DVI, I get a black screen when I start up my computer. Sleep is also a problem.

I think the best is solution 2 because it is working alright and you don't get CHIPSET MODEL UNKNOWN NVIDIA CARD. Only I want to have a good working sleep and want to use DVI and at the moment this isn't working.

Sharky there's something wrong with your NVCAP but I can't really realize what.

I think solution 2 is the best too, try to read this, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107910 there are some NVCAP you could try.

marionez first I want to thank you for your help past few days! I don't understand why my NVCAP is wrong. With the rom of my videocard I have made this NVCAP with NVCAP MAKER. So I think 0400000000000100060000000000000700000000 is alright. Even if I try the same NVCAP as yours -> 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000 I can't get DVI. But what i dont understand is why you get DVI. Do I missed a step? I have followed this:

Before you install:

- Again on osx86tools

- Click on gfx strings

- Reboot with -x -v -f

- Shutdown and boot

The strange thing is that DVI->VGA works, so it could be a frequency monitor problem, it's quite difficult to say from here. :unsure:

Update: or maybe some wrong EDID from your monitor!! This could be a good reason :)

In VGA there's no EDID info... you can try to override booting in DVI->VGA switching configuration and rebooting with DVI connection.

EDID could be the problem, but there is one thing I don't understand,

why is DVI working if I use solution 1 (see post 45):

- Open OSX86Tools

- Add EFI Strings

- Click on GFX Strings

3. Reboot

My question is, how I can change my configuration so EDID is working.

Keep in my mind that my videocard is a low profile XFX GeForce 9500 GT 512MB

with only a DVI output. If I want to use VGA I need a DVItoVGA converter. With this

converter I can use VGA, and this is working in MacOSX.

My other question is if you have sleep problems? If I go back from sleep, my mouse

isn't responding.

No here, mouse is working even after sleep it's just quite strange because of a PS2 patch I use, an USB mouse works correctely.

My problem is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1114415 but it's surely related with ps2nub patch, it uses an obsolete version of PS2nub

I want to get my EDID working for my macosx. My EDID is:

00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 4C2DFE02 30324D50 22110103 802B1B78 2A9341A3 554A9827 155054BF EF80B300 81808140 714F0101 01010101 01012139 9030621A 274068B0 3600B10F 1100001C 000000FD 00384B1E 510F000A 20202020 20200000 00FC0053 796E634D 61737465 720A2020 000000FF 00485332 50383033 3935320A 20200006

I added as an attachment the information of my monitor and videocard.

I hope someone can help me to make a DisplayProductID-XXX.plist (you can change information with PlistEdit Pro) to put in System/Library/Displays/Overrides.

There should be a simple program called "np_'s Display Utility" what should make this profile for my monitor so DVI works (see this topic: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1482 ). But I can't find this program/

But further I don't know how to make this to work, could somebody help me?

EDID_for_Samsung_SyncMaster_2032MW.txt

I want to get my EDID working for mine LCD panel (Samsung SyncMaster 2032MW) with GeForce 9500 GT 512MB. Now I only have VGA output for mine GeForce 9500 GT. If I use DVI I only get a black screen. Somebody told me it has something to do with my EDID of mine LCD panel. The EDID of my LCD panel is:

00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 4C2DFE02 30324D50 22110103 802B1B78 2A9341A3 554A9827 155054BF EF80B300 81808140 714F0101 01010101 01012139 9030621A 274068B0 3600B10F 1100001C 000000FD 00384B1E 510F000A 20202020 20200000 00FC0053 796E634D 61737465 720A2020 000000FF 00485332 50383033 3935320A 20200006

I added as an attachment the information of my monitor and videocard.

I hope someone can help me to make a DisplayProductID-XXX.plist (you can change information with PlistEdit Pro) to put in System/Library/Displays/Overrides.

There should be a simple program called "np_'s Display Utility" what should make this profile for my monitor so DVI would work (see this topic: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1482 ). But I can't find this program.

I hope someboy can help me to get np_'s display utility (if I search for it I can't find it) or a way to use my EDID of my LCD panel to get DVI working.

EDID_for_Samsung_SyncMaster_2032MW.txt

Did you try booting for example with:

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" [code] with DVI directely connected?

You enter the command between [code] in chamaleon when booting menu is prompted, is the same place you give -v -f -x etc

Hi. Tried solution 1 but still no CI/QE support on my nVidia 8400 GS 256mb.

I'm on a 17" Compaq VGA monitor.

Really need to get CI/QE support. Any other suggestions?

Have already tried with EFI Studio, OSX86Tools & Universal OSx86 Installer - have attached a picture of the graphics card specs from the System Profiler.

Thanx

post-392348-1238815476_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure why all this is necessary.

The 9500GT is nothing but a rebranded 8600GT. I used EFIStudio, told it my GPU was an 8600GT and everything came up working like a champ. QE/CI works dandy (enabled with OSX86Tools). It recognized my Dell 2405FPW display, all the graphics modes work, etc.