iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 Intel DVD

eren70

427 posts in this topic

Hello. I have been trying this release for a while now, but have not had any luck. I've played around with BIOS setting SATA to ACHI and enabling native mode and disabling USB legacy protect dect (something like this). I have tried various combinations during the installation but none have worked so far. Can anyone please help me.

Specs

GA EP45-UD3P

chipset Intel ICH10R

Q6600 (not OC)

I tried attaching the image, but it didn't work so i'm juz putting it in this post. Sorry.

DSC01546.jpg

I have the iAtkos 5i DVD that I torrented. When I try to boot it, it gives me this error message:

System Config file '/com.apple.boot.S/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I tried a new DVD, and I tried redownloading the torrent file. Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can make it work?

the controller where the dvd is connected is not compatible

try to get a sata dvd drive

or change your sata/ide settings on the bios

Hello. I have been trying this release for a while now, but have not had any luck. I've played around with BIOS setting SATA to ACHI and enabling native mode and disabling USB legacy protect dect (something like this). I have tried various combinations during the installation but none have worked so far. Can anyone please help me.

Specs

GA EP45-UD3P

chipset Intel ICH10R

Q6600 (not OC)

I tried attaching the image, but it didn't work so i'm juz putting it in this post. Sorry.

DSC01546.jpg

change your sata to ahci

and try to install with this options

Main system

Netkas PCEFI V9

Appledecrypter

smbiosenabler

disabler

remove powermanagement

ps/2

OHR

Remove thermal kexts

intelSATA

INTEL AHCI sata

graphics update

NVKush

What could it mean that the installation goes through but it reboots after the gray Apple screen? Verbose mode also results in reboot loop of the gray apple screen?

And what if the gray apple screen stays forever?

Default settings + Enabler for AIR (laptop) + Speedstep a, x86 ACIP, + voodoo

What could it mean that the installation goes through but it reboots after the gray Apple screen? Verbose mode also results in reboot loop of the gray apple screen?

And what if the gray apple screen stays forever?

Default settings + Enabler for AIR (laptop) + Speedstep a, x86 ACIP, + voodoo

I don't know if your HP is like mine as there isn't much info in your signature, but if you read my signature I had trouble finding the correct options to select under the customize menu. You can try the options I chose and see if that helps. I too was getting stuck after install at the apple logo.

I found I needed the correct SATA driver, and I also needed to have a graphics driver selected.

Just installed the system.

GA-EP35-DS3

Core 2 Quad Q9300

4GB RAM 800 MHz

NVIDIA 8600GT 256 MB

IDE Hard drive (Seagate)

IDE DVD drive Pioneer DVR-A15FXB/FXD

Customization:

iATKOS v5i Main System

PC EFI v9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

x86 ACPI

Disabler.kext

Graphics Update

NVinject

Intel SATA

Realtek R1000

The actual installation process was pretty smooth and took about 10 mins. After installation, reboot went fine. Welcome screen showed up and then the account setup.

Problems:

1. No sound. No Built-in Audio shown in System Profiler. I read posts and know it's a common problem. Need to use HDAEnabler + patched AppleHDA. I need to look around more and see if I can find the files and fix the problem.

Can anyone tell me where to find the files and the correct procedure to fix the problem?

2. Quartz Extreme is not support. Should I try a different driver instad of NVinject?

3. Shutdown problem. The OS system (software) shutdown fine (after the OS shutdown, screen went black), but the computer power didn't go off. Any idea why?

4. Wireless PCI not detected in System Profiler. I have a EDIMAX EW-7128G wireless PCI adapter (Ralink RT2561/RT61). Downloaded the latest driver from Ralink website, and installed. It didn't work.

In Network setting, AirPort shows, but cannot turn it on. Message shows No AirPort Card Installed.

Any idea how to get the wireless to work? (I have no wired internet access)

Any suggestion and help is appreciated. Thanks.

Select the nVidia EFI Strings for your card as they are available for your model, and should work. For Ethernet don't select any options I think I have the same ethernet and most newer Realtek cards don't require one of the drivers to be selected I've found. You might find that sound will work after the EFI is selected for graphics. What're your Device ID's for your sound card? Some realtek cards aren't supported out of the box like the one in my laptop, but the realtek one in my desktop had sound going during the registration process.

I'm not sure about the wireless as I use a Hawking USB where there's no fix for my wireless card yet.

Hi everyone i have an acer aspire one which came with windows xp and i put linux on it and now iatkos 5i whick worked fine and has all off a sudden stopped working and says i have to restart my computer and when i try safe mode it freezes my computer sorry if this is double posting from another place if so could you let me know

Hi ,

My laptop is Vaio FZ190N with display card: Geforce 8400MGT, will display card work with this version? I can't find any driver for this card and there are many people has the same problem with this card.

Thanks

You can try the Nkush driver, or other injectors for Nvidia. I'm not sure which one works specifically for your card

nucci, I followed your method with EFI for Intel, and Enabler AIR (because I have a laptop), but it goes into a reboot loop. I also checked Remove PowerManagement because that resulted in a kernel panic.

Did you make sure to select a graphics driver? I haven't tried any install on a CPU that doesn't have SSE 3. I don't know if those systems require different configurations or not.

Also is your hard drive SATA or PATA? You might need to do something different if it's PATA. Were you able to get any previous OSX release working? Prior to this distribution I found the iDeneb 10.5.4 to work on my other machines with very little effort.

First of all thanks for the great release. Yesterday tried to install iATKOS on Samsung R560-BS02 laptop and i had some problems:

- Installation failed to start as it is. It started only with -v key. Then all went fine.

- After installation i wasnt able to startup OS X. If i try to load it without keys then it just reboots pc. I think thats because of incorrect kext choice or may be i need to use a key to load it? If i use -v key then after some information strings i see 5 sec countdown if i just dont do anything then it tries to load OS and reboots again.

My configuration:

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P8400 (2,26 ГГц, 1066 МГц, 3 Мб)

RAM: 3 Гб (DDR3 / 1 Гб x 1 + 2 Гб x 1 )

Chipset: Intel PM45 + ICH9M

Video: nVIDIA GeForce Go 9600M GS

Audio: Realtek ALC262 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9

LAN: Marvell Yukon 88e8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Wi-fi: Intel WiFi Link 5100ABG

Kexts setup i used:

Main System

- PC EFI V9 Bootloader

- Apple Devrypt

- SMBios enabler

- Stock ACPI modified

- Disabler

- Nvidia laptop

- Intelspeedstep b

- Laptop battery

- Marvell Yukon 88e8001

It will be great if i can get advice of someone who is familiar with this release

iATKOS 5i works fine with the Intel DP35DP motherboard.

I updated to 10.5.6 as soon as it was available, and all went just fine with the update, just like a real mac.

But.. After adding the EFI string for the graphicscard to the bootlist, it slows down the boot procedure alot.

The OHR driver seems to be screwed up abit after the update. I can not shutdown the computer from the menu.

Anyone else having the same problems?

This is what i selected in Customize

PC EFI v9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

OHR

EFI String for graphicscard

Intel AHCI SATA

GUID partition

I tried updating iAtkos 10.5.5 but it died for some reason. Even when I replaced system.kext with the backup.

I reinstalled iAtkos and installed the 10.5.6 update after that. Then replaced System.kext and seatbelt.kext with 10.5.5 backups. After that I installed the extra kexts that I need for my hardware and the Voodoo kernel.

Almost everything is working now. It just has that hang at reboot and shutdown. I've tried the open halt restart kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext and neither did anything.

I tried updating after a fresh install and installing Voodoo 1.0 kernel. It would freeze as soon as the desktop finished loading.

It worked when I left it with the Voodoo kernel that comes with iAtkos 5i then ran the update.

I just replaced my 10.5.2 Kalyway with a clean 5i install. I'm on a P5K Pro, C2Q 6600 Slakr 2.4, 8800GT.

No major problems with the install, and the 10.5.6 upgrade through Software Update worked fine.

Three biggest problems are:

- Marvell 88E8056 didn't work, with either the marvell driver on the 5i dvd or the kext from iDeneb (which I did install once and LAN worked fine). Didn't spend too much time trying to fix that, I just put in a spare NIC (RTL something or other) and it worked without even needing the Realtek driver

- No other installs I've used have had issues with my RAM. Kalyway didn't complain about 4gb (not sure it recognized the fourth but at least it ran), iDeneb booted with 4gb (I only ran it for a minute), but iATKOS comes to a screeching halt when I have the second 2gb stick in. It stops during boot at "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:07"

- Audio (Realtek ALC883) doesn't work, and I've spent a while trying to get it going.

I'm not great with all this kext stuff, so I may have missed something really obvious with the audio since it seems pretty basic. The RAM could be a larger issue that is out of my control. I would really love to get the audio figured out.

If anyone can offer any help with either I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks!

nucci, I know that SSE2 limits configurations dramatically. I don't know what kind of hard disk I have but according to the product specifications, I have an IDE / EIDE hard drive interface type (http://www.bizrate.com/laptopcomputers/hp-pavilion-dv1420us-1.6-ghz-pentium-m-laptop--pid355181048/)

I am currently running iATKOS 10.5.4 successfully with wireless from (google code iwidarwin) and QE/CI graphics support and no paperclip method (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119424&st=0).

I have been unsuccessful with iDeneb and other versions of 10.5. iATKOS 10.5.4 (Darwin bootloader (last check), ToH 9.2.0 kernel) has worked the best.

If anyone can provide help in possibly getting the voodoo kernel and direct updates from Apple, I would appreciate it. :blink: Otherwise, it's one step at a time...

Hi boys!

Can someone help with multibooting? I am newbie with this stuff.

Untill this time I used the "chain0" method. XP installed first. OSX then to prepaired partition. Activated XP part. again. Corrected the boot.ini file with chain1 .

Then everything worked ok.

And anytime I tried to install any distro (kalyway, ideneb) it worked, just installing OSX to that partition.

But these distros were not perfect for me. So i tried iatkos. But it messed up the drive (partitions) letters.

How is multibooting with this? I have a installed XP now. Where did I do wrong? I How shall I do it work?

Thanks in advance!

Caitya

Hi boys!

Can someone help with multibooting? I am newbie with this stuff.

Untill this time I used the "chain0" method. XP installed first. OSX then to prepaired partition. Activated XP part. again. Corrected the boot.ini file with chain1 .

Then everything worked ok.

And anytime I tried to install any distro (kalyway, ideneb) it worked, just installing OSX to that partition.

But these distros were not perfect for me. So i tried iatkos. But it messed up the drive (partitions) letters.

How is multibooting with this? I have a installed XP now. Where did I do wrong? I How shall I do it work?

Thanks in advance!

Caitya

Have you tried the different ATA or the Jmicron driver? It's possible you're having trouble because of SATA drivers. I haven't tried installing with an IDE/PATA drive yet.

I just installed this on a GA EP35C-DS3R, with a single SATA HD in RAID mode in BIOS and a LiteOn DVD recorder on the JMicron IDE port and a NVidia 8600 GTS, with default settings plus:

- Graphics Update

- EFI Strings

- Intel AHCI

- JMicron AHCI

Graphics seem to work at native res.

Intel controller is detected as Intel ICH8-R RAID instead of ICH9, I suppose it doesnt matter.

IDE DVD drive is missing (worked during installation), does installing the JMicron AHCI disables the IDE ports?

Got a firewire external drive hooked to a VIA PCI controller card, its detected as Unknown Device?

Update: the firewire drive is detected now, it seems the drive's engine was off and somehow leopard doesnt know how to turn it on by itself on boot, plugging it on and off makes the drive appear in the desktop with no problems)

OTOH, with stock ACPI I get a working shutdown and sleep (and wake up, which is really surprising) but not restart, which kext should I replace and which one is better the stock-minimally-patched or the OHR? Will both make PS/2 work the same?

I just installed this on a GA EP35C-DS3R, with a single SATA HD in RAID mode in BIOS and a LiteOn DVD recorder on the JMicron IDE port and a NVidia 8600 GTS, with default settings plus:

- Graphics Update

- EFI Strings

- Intel AHCI

- JMicron AHCI

Graphics seem to work at native res.

Intel controller is detected as Intel ICH8-R RAID instead of ICH9, I suppose it doesnt matter.

IDE DVD drive is missing (worked during installation), does installing the JMicron AHCI disables the IDE ports?

Got a firewire external drive hooked to a VIA PCI controller card, its detected as Unknown Device?

You can try one of the other ATA drivers vs. the jmicron. I had the same problem with my laptop not showing after install until I chose jmicron which i guess is the correct ata driver for my machine

Thanks to the people who made this release possible.

After numerous tries I finally got my GA EP45-UD3P to work with this release :D

Specs:-

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.02

Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 (OC 3.0 Ghz)

North Bridge P45

South Bridge ICH10R

OCZ 4 GB Ram

eVGA Geforce 9800GTX+

SATA Hard Drives and Optical Drives

Set SATA to AHCI and enable Native Mode and also Set SATA Control Mode to AHCI.

Installation as follows:

Chameleon

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

Vanilla Kernel

Disabler.kext

RemovePowerManagement.kext

OHR

Remove Thermal Kext

Graphics Update

Intel AHCI SATA

JMicron

Everything Works ;). Graphics Card working just by adding EFI Strings and its using correct OpenGL engine (9800GTX+). LAN working out of the box. Audio working after patching (front and back). Shutdown and Restart working. Nice Release :).

Hi everyone i have an acer aspire one which came with windows xp and i put linux on it and now iatkos 5i whick worked fine and has all off a sudden stopped working and says i have to restart my computer and when i try safe mode it freezes my computer sorry if this is double posting from another place if so could you let me know

Hi all i got iatkos version 5i working on my acer aspire one with it installed and running from a external hard drive but windows has died so i am in the final stages of fixing it

You can try one of the other ATA drivers vs. the jmicron. I had the same problem with my laptop not showing after install until I chose jmicron which i guess is the correct ata driver for my machine

I tried removing JMicronATA.kext and did nothing, I still have JMicron JMB36x AHCI ports listed in System Profiler and boot crashes if I enable AHCI/RAID for JMicron in BIOS, and I still have a missing IDE DVD drive.

Which other SATA drivers should I try (without reinstalling and without accesing the iAtkos disc)?