iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 Intel DVD

eren70

427 posts in this topic

This release gets me further along in the installation process than the XxX 10.5.5 release, but it still does not make it all of the way through. About 75-80% of the way through the install process, the machine will freeze. Any idea what could be causing this?

Motherboard: eVGA 680i

CPU: Intel Q6600

Video: nVidia 8800 GTX 768MB

RAM: 4 GB

IDE DVD-ROM and SATA hard drives.

Thanks!

This release gets me further along in the installation process than the XxX 10.5.5 release, but it still does not make it all of the way through. About 75-80% of the way through the install process, the machine will freeze. Any idea what could be causing this?

Motherboard: eVGA 680i

CPU: Intel Q6600

Video: nVidia 8800 GTX 768MB

RAM: 4 GB

IDE DVD-ROM and SATA hard drives.

Thanks!

Take out 2 gigs of your ram

10.5.6 is out, the ones who installed 5i according to the 'preparing upgradable systems' guide in the readme and who have compatible systems can upgrade by clicking the "software update" on the apple menu. post the results please..

10.5.6 is out, the ones who installed 5i according to the 'preparing upgradable systems' guide in the readme and who have compatible systems can upgrade by clicking the "software update" on the apple menu. post the results please..

Trying this for research purposes on a spare partition, be back shortly with results

Just finished updating my lenovo x61s with iAtkos 5i from 10.5.5 to ver 10.5.6. Almost too easy!!

After first boot it made a strange reboot without ever finishing the gray loading screen.

I then booted safe mode with no errors, then I just rebooted the pc and it booted fine (maybe some kext problems?)

Only thing not working after update was my wifi, that I sorted with my Extension library backup ;o) Too tired to look into the problem tonight.

Thanks Uphunk for a great release, I think it is the best I have seen/tried!

/tsk

No luck. With 2 GB, the installer freezes after the first welcome screen ("press the button to continue...").

My laptop has 3GB Ram, and my desktop has 4GB in it. Desktop not in my signature as I need to update it.

Are you using the EFI settings for your graphics card?

I found a successful install would only work if I selected one of the graphics drivers.

I never had an issue with freezing on the install with this release but had similar issues with other leo releases in the past. What type of processor/chipset config do you have? Many times if you don't have the correct SMBIOS/chipset drivers selected you'll have some problems post but maybe even during install.

I didn't bother to run the checksum, but it could also be that, or just a bad burn?

Do you have another machine you can check the install on?

Thank you for this! I just got everything working and I am set up for full updatability (which I have already done without a single problem)! I have an Intel DG965OTMKR mobo with a 2.4Hgz quad-core and an ATI 2400 HD. I was able to use my kexts for the audio & video from my kalyway 10.5.2 install along with the latest natit from netkas.org (the one on the installer crashed my system) and everything's is working great! I even have full CI/QE! What I don't have though, are all my cores! I have to boot with the "cpus=1" flag or I end up in an endless boot cycle. Is there anything that can be done so I can utilize my full computing potential while preserving the fact that my machine can now be updated through software update?

OK for those of you with 965 chipsets, I can't say for sure this will work for you, but it did for me. I was having to use the "cpus=1" flag to get this to boot. If I didn't or used a value other than one I would get the first few lines of the darwin startup (basically right before in verbose it would go to high-res text) and I would get a forced restart. In searching around I think I found the answer here. basically in your BIOS go to the security tab and enable the XD feature. I am now booting fine with all four cores! I also just applied the 10.5.6 update and it went without major incident. It did replace my ATIx2000.kext and my AppleHDA.kext,

but a quick addition of my 2400 HD's ID and re-installation of my old AppleHDA.kext and all was back to normal! THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS GREAT RELEASE!

--Rapscallion

I just did the update which went well also. The only thing that happened was I lost sound. Does anyone know a way to get ALC268 to work using EFI? The Targus solution works, but I can't shut down. The shutdown fix worked in versions up to 10.5.4, stopped in 10.5.5, was lost after the update, reinstalled driver, have sound back, but still no shutdown.

I have the iAtkos 5i DVD that I torrented. When I try to boot it, it gives me this error message:

System Config file '/com.apple.boot.S/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I tried a new DVD, and I tried redownloading the torrent file. Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can make it work?

r u using SATA or IDE optical drive? if nothing else, try giving an external USB drive a go.

Hello, Thank you for this release, but I can't get it to work on my GA EP45-UD3P ;). I set SATA to AHCI and enabled native mode and also SATA controller to AHCI, but no luck. I even tried disabling audio, LAN, and Firewire, but still no luck. I've seen above that some people have success installing this distro on this board. I tried their configuration, but still can't get it to work. The error that i get is "local mDNSResponder....." something like this and it just sits at this error. Does anyone have a clue to how to get it to work. Thank You :angel:.

once more reboot is the normal procedure of the upgrade process. what is your wifi card model?

My Atheros Card is with Vendor ID: 0168c, Device ID: 1014, But it work again after some editing :-)

Now I have a little problem when seeing my systemprofile and clicking on the Graphic / Screen the gray screen "kernel panic" and please reboot come up. Can it be a problem with my graphic drivers?

stuck at "still waiting for root device" when booting from hdd after installing.

chosen components are

main system

efi9

appledecrypt

smbios-efi

no kernel selected

disabler.kext

also tried chamelion instead of efi9 and still same

i've no problem when i use iatkos 4i.

my system is

dell optiplex 755

please help

stuck at "still waiting for root device" when booting from hdd after installing.

chosen components are

main system

efi9

appledecrypt

smbios-efi

no kernel selected

disabler.kext

also tried chamelion instead of efi9 and still same

i've no problem when i use iatkos 4i.

my system is

dell optiplex 755

please help

Do u have SATA to AHCI and native mode enabled?? if no, then do it. If yes, then try another SATA port on your board.

Do u have SATA to AHCI and native mode enabled?? if no, then do it. If yes, then try another SATA port on your board.

thank you.

configured sata to ahci in bios

and selected sata ahci driver from installation. then it is working.

thank you.

Hi everyone,

I installed this very good distribution with the "Upgradable System" guide.

So I installed the 10.5.6 update yesterday and it worked, just:

no video drivers (predictible) so I take the 10.5.5 from TM bacup

no wifi (predictible) so I repatched the kext.

usb doesn't mount, System.kext and kernel incompatibility, so I reinstalled the System.kext from /Library/Temp with kexthelper and repaired permissions with diskutil because otherwise the problem wasn't solved.

mounting dmg made a kernel panic so I installed the 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext from TM backup.

sleep/wake is still working, but there is some times a shutdown problem and in System Preferences, Keyboard and Mouse, the trackpad options doesn't appear anymore.

So thanks to all the developpers.

thank you.

configured sata to ahci in bios

and selected sata ahci driver from installation. then it is working.

thank you.

no problem, thank you for coming back and posting that its working now ;).

After disable the onboard Audio, LAN, Firewire, setting the Sata AHCI to native Mode and selecting 8800GTS EFI String for my 9800GTX it's now running on my GA EP45-UD3P. About This Mac says 3 GHz Unknown CPU, how do i fix this?

How do i set this to an other language (german)? I've selected german in System Preferences but it is just english only.

you can fix about this mac using pcwiz's tool called osx86 tool utility.

Just installed the system.

GA-EP35-DS3

Core 2 Quad Q9300

4GB RAM 800 MHz

NVIDIA 8600GT 256 MB

IDE Hard drive (Seagate)

IDE DVD drive Pioneer DVR-A15FXB/FXD

Customization:

iATKOS v5i Main System

PC EFI v9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

x86 ACPI

Disabler.kext

Graphics Update

NVinject

Intel SATA

Realtek R1000

The actual installation process was pretty smooth and took about 10 mins. After installation, reboot went fine. Welcome screen showed up and then the account setup.

Problems:

1. No sound. No Built-in Audio shown in System Profiler. I read posts and know it's a common problem. Need to use HDAEnabler + patched AppleHDA. I need to look around more and see if I can find the files and fix the problem.

Can anyone tell me where to find the files and the correct procedure to fix the problem?

2. Quartz Extreme is not support. Should I try a different driver instad of NVinject?

3. Shutdown problem. The OS system (software) shutdown fine (after the OS shutdown, screen went black), but the computer power didn't go off. Any idea why?

4. Wireless PCI not detected in System Profiler. I have a EDIMAX EW-7128G wireless PCI adapter (Ralink RT2561/RT61). Downloaded the latest driver from Ralink website, and installed. It didn't work.

In Network setting, AirPort shows, but cannot turn it on. Message shows No AirPort Card Installed.

Any idea how to get the wireless to work? (I have no wired internet access)

Any suggestion and help is appreciated. Thanks.

I followed one of the installation combinations mentioned here:

I think it was:

Default but Chameleon, ToH 9.2.0, and that's probably the only thing that matters.

ACIP was also chosen.

Anyways, I removed the DVD at the reboot, and it went to a screen where it fades from blue to white and stays white. Song is playing in the background (which confirms that audio works ;) ) but nothing else does. I do the display switch from laptop to external but the frequency is out of range. But then I only see half the menu on my screen with horizontal bars.

So close.....................?

No audio problem (GA-EP35-DS3/ALC889a) solved using PCWiz Gigabyte GA-(E)P35-DS3X Control Center.

Video is not working properly. I can't play avi file using VLC (with sound, but no video). Is that the problem with NVinject?

Thanks.