iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 Intel DVD

eren70

427 posts in this topic

I was able to get installed with my HP laptop. I finally used the Nvidia driver for graphics and with the basic settings it worked. Does anyone else know if you need to use a graphics driver to get the install to be successful? My graphics card is not supported by EFI :-(

I was able to get installed with my HP laptop. I finally used the Nvidia driver for graphics and with the basic settings it worked. Does anyone else know if you need to use a graphics driver to get the install to be successful? My graphics card is not supported by EFI :-(

Use the nvkush nvidia driver located in the VGA drivers section, I believe that it is an injector that should work using the "extra" folder method as well or you can drop it into you main extensions folder. There is an installer for it to. Just google nvkush.

Chris

I need some help with this, will this work on my HP dv9791?

It's Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 (2.4 GHz), Nvidia 8600M GS, WiFi Intel 4965AGN and the chipset PM965.

So is my laptop compatible with the iATKOS 5i? And if it is wich drivers should i use?

Thanks in advance.

I need some help with this, will this work on my HP dv9791?

It's Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 (2.4 GHz), Nvidia 8600M GS, WiFi Intel 4965AGN and the chipset PM965.

So is my laptop compatible with the iATKOS 5i? And if it is wich drivers should i use?

Thanks in advance.

By looking at what you typed, everything should work except the wireless card. Audio might be tricky too.

Hi Uedaht and to all of you Guys,

I got it to work, thanks for you help. I used the settings that you suggest

I try this:

PC EFI V9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

9.2.0 Kernel ToH - I add this one

x86 ACPI - I add this one

Disabler.kext

Intel x3100

E string for intel

Intel AHCI SATA

Intel speedstep b

Laptop Battery

Intel Pro/100VE

The only thing that is not working is the Wireless and the sound. My sound card is SoundcardIntel HD Audio and Networking: Intel 802.11abg Wireless LAN.

Any suggestion is appreciated :)

IS ANYONE WHO KNOWS IF WIDE SCREENS AFFECT INTERFACE SOMEHOW ?

I think I have tried about 50 times to reinstall iKATOS_5i with different options and the best I could do until now is that: On boot I saw the intro but in a disrupted image. The image is somehow dispersed to left and right (some lines are in the left side others are in the right side of the screen). I have sound, mouse and keyboard control.

Everything went ok during install (grafic interface is absolutely ok). I`ve tried all the combination of Intel display adapter drivers and EFI string and result is the same, the image is disrupted.

My laptop is Toshiba Equium P300-19O

-Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5750 2 Ghz

-3 Gb DDR2 667Mhz

- 250 Gb Hdd

- display 17" Toshiba TruBrite® WXGA+ TFT High Brightness display resolution : 1440 x 900

- graphic adapter Intel® GMA X3100

Selected options:

PC EFI V9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

APIC dirver (without it I don`t have keyboard and mouse control and after boot I can only see gray screen)

Disabler.kext

EFI string for Intel (other try but not all in the same time was "Graphics Update" or "GMA X3100" or "GMA950a" or "GMA950b")

Thanks

All working fine here:

Selected:

PC EFI v9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

Disabler.kext (because dsdt didn't work with me because it need the newHPET arg to work)

OHR (to use the fully stock APCI kext)

GMA950b

Surprisingly, stock sata kexts worked with selecting the ICHx. Other distros cause "waiting for root device".

Also, system boots very fast (fastest I've ever seen on my PC 15 sec. from boot loader to fully loaded desktop)

Hi

Im kinda new at this installation progress but i got Iatkos V5i

and installed it to my hard drive except everything it finished rebooting after the installation is done, i keep getting this grey screen with a Grey close sign. Did the installation go wrong or is there something i need to add?

I'm attempting to install iAtkos v5i and having an issue. With verbose flag it shows the boot process stopping at loading the kernel. I first tried the Voodoo kernel and then the other 9.5 kernel with the same results for both.

I should explain that my original install was Kalyway a year ago. Functioned fine til Aug/Sept when I took a security update that kept it from booting. Attempted a new install of the most recent Kalyway without success. I'm now attempting to install iAtkos over this installation. My preference is to install over so I don't lose my personal data which resides on the same partition as the OS install.

Appreciate any ideas. My intent once running is to upgrade to the final Voodoo kernel.

I'm attempting to install iAtkos v5i and having an issue. With verbose flag it shows the boot process stopping at loading the kernel. I first tried the Voodoo kernel and then the other 9.5 kernel with the same results for both.

I should explain that my original install was Kalyway a year ago. Functioned fine til Aug/Sept when I took a security update that kept it from booting. Attempted a new install of the most recent Kalyway without success. I'm now attempting to install iAtkos over this installation. My preference is to install over so I don't lose my personal data which resides on the same partition as the OS install.

Appreciate any ideas. My intent once running is to upgrade to the final Voodoo kernel.

I would say that the issue is probably that you are trying to install over a failed installation (if I read that right). Either way a CLEAN install is probably what you need to do. If you cant get at your data because of your non-start issues, try using MacDrive so you can mount your mac formatted disc in windows, back it up, and do a clean install.

Also if it works for you I would stay with the stock kernel. Thats one of the things I LOVE about this install is it runs extremely well stock and I can do the apple updates without worry of breaking my install (as you did with Kalyway). Yes there are established procedures to ensure a safe update but this way its one less thing to worry about :)

Since the very first release I've ever only got one stable install you can see in my sig. Since then I've upgraded my PC. I'm now running a rather high-end config.

I was wondering, before downloading and possibly wasting the limited bandwidth i have, if this release will work on my hardware.

Okay guys, here goes;

Motherboard: Asus Striker II Extreme

Chipset: nVidia 790i ultra

CPU: Intel Core Q9550

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 PC3-12800

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 280

Sound: Creative X-Fi Champ edition.

Now I'm not particularity worried about sound or network right now, i can work on them later. I'm just curious if this release may work with the hardware i have and not send me in loops of kernel panics.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I would say that the issue is probably that you are trying to install over a failed installation (if I read that right). Either way a CLEAN install is probably what you need to do. If you cant get at your data because of your non-start issues, try using MacDrive so you can mount your mac formatted disc in windows, back it up, and do a clean install.

Also if it works for you I would stay with the stock kernel. Thats one of the things I LOVE about this install is it runs extremely well stock and I can do the apple updates without worry of breaking my install (as you did with Kalyway). Yes there are established procedures to ensure a safe update but this way its one less thing to worry about :P

Thanks for the reply. The problem with transferring them is that I used Apple's encryption software to encrypt my personal data. I don't know of anything on the Windows side of my dual boot that will allow me to lift it off and use it. Perhaps there are specific directories I can delete to create a 'cleaner' installation and leave the personal data?

TYVM. Although I'll miss the half dozen re-installs to get everything running.

The board seems nice, built in firewire, plenty of slots, good # sata, reported good compatibility. I wish Apple would sell me one.

Mike

So, I installed and ran software update, everything seems OK except a couple of games. I can't play World of Goo or Peggle. Silly, but they were fun. I don't know where to start with troubleshooting, anyone have a suggestion? They ran fine with my old hack (Dell 530 with Jas 10.5.4)

Best,

Mike

Okay, I'm looking to install fresh with this dvd however I have been way way way out of the loop in terms of what kexts have changed. Im currently running Kalyway 10.5.1 (which has been updated via Software Update to 10.5.4 and using boot-132). I'll give kudos to boot-132 for it though, its pretty solid and i really cant hose it up that bad. However, I may have crippled it because i finally gotten around to restoring QE without any luck and now my resolution is locked at 1024x786. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Now i've tried a couple of variations of installing with this disc and I get immediate kernel panics. If any other P5W DH Deluxe people know the exact config to install flawlessly with this disc, then I'm all ears.

P5W DH Deluxe

2 Sata 500gb (Kalyway install is on JMicron)

1 Primary IDE (Windows XP)

1 Sata DVD+/-R

4gb ram

Asus 7300GT 256mb (QE worked before any updates) using DVI

Gigabyte 8500GT 256mb (would love to use but cannot get QE or it to recognize well) using DVI

Is there any modified bios that supports the Intel GM965 chipset?

I getting stuck when i tries to load osx, its a "Forbidden sign" that appears after a while and its not reading from the hdd.

You won't be able to get the Internet working with an intel wireless card. As far as the BIOS settings go: My HP dv9500 doesn't have many options in the BIOS related to SATA options.

What I found was that when I rebooted with -v and saw I had a AHCI SATA problem. My hardware for my laptop is in my signature, and what worked for me were the following options:

iATKOS v5i Main System

PC EFI V9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI Air (makes your laptop show up as a macbook air)

x86 ACPI (needed this for keyboard as mine is a PS/2)

disabler.kext

OHR (wasn't shutting down without this)

NVkush (had to use as I have a GeForce 8600M GS graphics card not supported with EFI)

Intel AHCI SATA (but if your chipset is diff you can try Intel SATA instead)

Jmicron (I have a ATA dvd drive wasn't showing up without this)

Laptop Battery

NTFS-3G (only need if you want to be able to write to NTFS file partitions)

If your laptop is set up for two hard drives I recommend using a separate one for the OSX install. It will be cleaner if you want to dual boot with Windoze. If you have Vista I highly recommend using EasyBCD as your bootloader. It's easy to set up, and you can find it for free with a google search.

also if your sound card is an ALC268 like mine there is a good tutorial and shut down fix in the forums. I may have even gave the link in my signature.

For wireless I recommend the Hawking USB. There's good range on it, you can get it at best buy. The intel wireless cards are not functional yet, and you can spend days reading the forum post about it.

I have not found a mini pcie wireless replacement anywhere, there are mini dell ones, but not small enough for the HP I have.

I haven't tried the speedstep, and I didn't try any of the other kernels. I did a security update that went smooth after install, so far so good. I just wish the EFI string worked on the sound card, and my graphics card. Then this would be a near true mac.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

-Nucci