iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 Intel DVD

eren70

427 posts in this topic

bigggg post :)

it is about your vga. choose the right driver for your 8600gts, read the details pls.

Geeze, your welcome.

I went back and tried to install the vga,and installation failed. I did a clean install of iATKOS_5 making sure that I had selected the right drivers for my video card. Istallation

was successful,but when I went to restart it never mounts. I had a working system with this distro,but now nothing. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

I have to say that im very impresive ,this is my first try installing MAC OS and was very easy ,when i saw the time machine my face was :o ,realy i don`t think i will miss Vista :P

Every think is working fine exect my sound card that i don`t have try it to install yet,im just taking my time studing the OS and the way drivers work.

I was having problem with my nvidia 8600GTS until i found this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...125106&st=0 , i just choose my EFI string for my video card in the install process and then installed NVdarwin 1.2.5 ,it work incredible fine including video acceleration :D

I choose in the custom options:

- iAtkos v5i

- PC EFI V9

- AppleDecrypt

- SMBIOS-EFI

- x86 APIC --> this make my PS2 keyboard work

- Disabler.kext

- OHR

- intel AHCI Sata --> AHCI mode in board bios

- Graphics Update

- EFI String 8600GTS 256MB

Before install restar i went to disk utility again a fix hdd permitions, i read it in some place so i made it just in case :wacko:

My specs are :

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13

Intel DP965LT board

Nvidia 8600 GTS

2gb ram

Sata raptor 35 gigas

Sata PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-212D --> i was trying my first install with PIONEER DVR-111D IDE without luck, i change to a SATA DVD and was perfect.

Im happy :D

Hello everybody

I just installed it. I have a Toshiba Satelite A205. Everything went fine except that it doesnt recognize my ethernet cable and wifi is not working at all!!! I selected RealtekR1000 from the Customize menu... Please, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I have a Satellite A200 and install iATKOS fine. For the network, DON'T NEED TO SELECT ANYTHING.

Hoping it can help solving your problem. :angel:

I could use some help here.

Honestly, I have NO idea what's this all about. I mean, all these kernels and stuff, I've read some articles about this, but still, I just don't get it...

So, may I ask for help - what to choose during installation? My system:

Asus P5K Pro

Core2Duo E6300

2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2

Powercolor ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512mb

Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic

IDE/ATA DVD Drive

SATA HDD

I've also bought original retail Leopard, just to be fair with Apple, though I can't even imagine how hard it must be to run the regular retail dvd on x86/64 PC. :) I really hope to get some help here, please. Warm regards.

Hi all..

Cannot get this version to recognize my Nvidia 8600GTS, I have selected the nvidia drivers during install..

Have reverted to iAtkos ver 4i which works perfectly.. Strange that this version 5i should not.. Would it be pssibly do you think to find the appropraite kext file that deals with the nvidia card in the 4i ver and install it in the 5i version..

Thanks

Hi all..

Cannot get this version to recognize my Nvidia 8600GTS, I have selected the nvidia drivers during install..

Have reverted to iAtkos ver 4i which works perfectly.. Strange that this version 5i should not.. Would it be pssibly do you think to find the appropraite kext file that deals with the nvidia card in the 4i ver and install it in the 5i version..

Thanks

Go here http://nvinstaller.com/ and get 9f23 installer. Worked for me.

Hi all..

Thanks

I use NVdarwin 1.2.5 found here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...125106&st=0

Hey guys is there any way to make my IDE DVD-RW to make it work ? i had allready tryed a few kext from the forum but none of them work ,system info just show :

This system does not contain any ATA devices. If you have any ATA devices installed, please check that they are connected and powered on.

im running out of ideas here :P

I have an intel DP965LT board and AHCI configure in bios ,i install the OS with a Sata DVD-RW that work ok ,but i need the IDE DVD because the Sata one is not mine,

any new ideas to try out ? please.

Uphuck,

I had a working install of iATKOS 5i that I tried to add VGA drivers to. After installing the drivers

it failed to mount. I did a fresh install and again it didn't boot. It says that the install was successful

and to restart the computer,but after restarting it never gets pass the grey Apple screen with the

little spinning wheel. Anyone know what this is? Please

hello,

i have 10.5.5 running on my medion PC. All fine except on think i just figured.

When i put the system in sleep mod and wake it up (only after about 10 min) i get panik. The screen goes on and off on and off.

After reboot all is fine. I i put the system in sleep just for about five minutes all is fine too.

any ideas?

thanks

hi, i have hp530 insall ok but when turning off it seems to hybernate and no turn off so on next boot it write"hybernatoion ... sleepimage contain garbage... so i think this is not very good, where can be a problem? thank you

hi, i have hp530 insall ok but when turning off it seems to hybernate and no turn off so on next boot it write"hybernatoion ... sleepimage contain garbage... so i think this is not very good, where can be a problem? thank you

Love the DVD! Thank You!... But has anyone been able to install it on x58 i7 platform yet? I'm trying it on my ASUS Rampage II Extreme with i7 965, but no luck yet still working on it. Keeps getting stuck after reboot @ "You need to restart your computer." screen with panic.....Debugger called<panic>..........error in the background....MAC OS version: Not yet set.......

Update: I got past the panic error/restart screen by selecting modified ACPI, removing power managment, and OHR but now it just goes to the grey apple screen with the circle spinning and that's it stuck.

Hi everyone i have an acer aspire one which came with windows xp and i put linux on it and now iatkos 5i whick worked fine and has all off a sudden stopped working and says i have to restart my computer and when i try safe mode it freezes my computer sorry if this is double posting from another place if so could you let me know

I have an Acer Aspire One. I had iAktos 4i installed, but want to use 5i. What options did you use? Does the internal microphone or sleep mode now work with 5i?

I have tried Kalaway with no success, but I have had iAtkos 4i installed. I know there are a ton of Acer Aspire One users.

Can someone give me the proper options to get iAtkos installed on my Acer Aspire One properly?

I have 120 gb SATA Hard Disk, 1.5 GB RAM, 1024x600 VGA display.

Thanks,

konsole

This has been the distro which finally got my XPS 420 going after unsuccessful multiple previous attempts with other distros including Leo and iDeneb.

I am missing iMovie and iDVD in the install, which I found is intentional.

Also I was surprised to see iDeneb desktop picture and some definitely iDeneb belonging files on the HD ?? (None of the previous installs booted). Could it be that permission repair before the first boot into iAtkos somehow merged files from iDeneb ? ;)

My install...

Thanks to the people who made this release possible.

After numerous tries I finally got my GA EP45-UD3P to work with this release :)

Specs:-

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.02

Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 (OC 3.0 Ghz)

North Bridge P45

South Bridge ICH10R

OCZ 4 GB Ram

eVGA Geforce 9800GTX+

SATA Hard Drives and Optical Drives

Set SATA to AHCI and enable Native Mode and also Set SATA Control Mode to AHCI.

Installation as follows:

Chameleon

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

Vanilla Kernel

Disabler.kext

RemovePowerManagement.kext

OHR

Remove Thermal Kext

Graphics Update

Intel AHCI SATA

JMicron

Everything Works :). Graphics Card working just by adding EFI Strings and its using correct OpenGL engine (9800GTX+). LAN working out of the box. Audio working after patching (front and back). Shutdown and Restart working. Nice Release :D.

Hi Jizzle,

Can you please tell me which procedure you used to patch the audio for the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P mobo.

Everything is working perfectly on mine, just need audio.

:thumbsup_anim:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Intel Core 2 Duo 7300 (2.66 GHz)

North Bridge P45

South Bridge ICH10R

Corsair 2 GB Ram

Nvidia MSI GeForce NX8800GT 512MB

SATA Hard Drive and SATA Optical Drive

Jizzle, thanks a million for assisting me with the audio patching.

Really appreciate it.. All sorted now and the system is complete.

:):happymac:

Cheers.

Hi Jizzle,

Can you please tell me which procedure you used to patch the audio for the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P mobo.

Everything is working perfectly on mine, just need audio.

:happymac:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Intel Core 2 Duo 7300 (2.66 GHz)

North Bridge P45

South Bridge ICH10R

Corsair 2 GB Ram

Nvidia MSI GeForce NX8800GT 512MB

SATA Hard Drive and SATA Optical Drive

dang, Im am having NO luck with this 5i version, I don't know what else I can do to get it working. Im on my 5th install today, and it never loads to the OS. I run darwin with the -v and have noticed a few things.

13AppleAHCIPort is not compatible with its superclass, 10IOAHCIPort superclass changed?

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort.

:\ root# Package 0 didn't get an HPET

Package 0 didn't get an HPET

Package 0 didn't get an HPET

CPU(s) configures incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-39.2/pmThread.c:100

hey, I used iATKOS 5i and everything went fine until the end. I just get the apple logo and the loader circle until after a while, I circle with a line through it shows up. I've looked through all the comments but have not been able to find a resolution.

I've tried -v but the screen hangs after the Firewire cannot find secure…. yadda yadda and then it says "still waiting for root"

by the way i am on a sony viao VGN-nr180e

PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

hey, I used iATKOS 5i and everything went fine until the end. I just get the apple logo and the loader circle until after a while, I circle with a line through it shows up. I've looked through all the comments but have not been able to find a resolution.

I've tried -v but the screen hangs after the Firewire cannot find secure…. yadda yadda and then it says "still waiting for root"

by the way i am on a sony viao VGN-nr180e

Try booting with cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v -f at the darwin prompt it worked for me ;)