Atheros AR5007 working but not perfect. Heres the guide.

oldmaclover

430 posts in this topic

Hi,

If you remove Disabler.kext, you need to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext too, to prevent kernel panic.

kizwan

Kizwan,

When I remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, my CPU will be hotter and AirPort may not switch on/off properly.

Thus, I keep App...ment.kext and boot without -f option to reduce the chance of kernel panic.

Maybe, your suggestion would be good for some hardware config.

JY371

Kizwan,

When I remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, my CPU will be hotter and AirPort may not switch on/off properly.

Thus, I keep App...ment.kext and boot without -f option to reduce the chance of kernel panic.

Maybe, your suggestion would be good for some hardware config.

JY371

Hi,

Well, it has to be known that vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext will cause kernel panic on hackintosh. Unless if we apply DSDT fix or Disabler.kext or we remove it completely. Disabler.kext was designed to prevent any kext that can cause problem & this include AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. There is another alternative kext for Disabler.kext, it called IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext. It main objective is to disable AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. This kext useful for system that have problem with Disabler.kext. AirPort functionality will not get affected either we remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext or not.

As far as I know, CPU become hotter is a common problem in hackintosh. I heard a lot of people (who applied DSDT fix) complaining that their CPU become hotter if they enable AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. There is actually a couple of ways to lower down CPU temperature & one of it is using VoodooPower by Superhai. It provide speedstep functionality.

Good luck. :thumbsdown_anim:

kizwan

Yep, it is working on the Acer Aspire One (A150).

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Glxv8XzeOVY

pci.subsys_vendor_id: mine is e008

pci.subsys_product_id: mine is 105b

pci.vendor_id: mine is 168c

pci.product_id: mine is 1c

Windows:

hardwareidsas5.jpg

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_E008105B&REV_01

pci.subsys_vendor_id: mine ise008

pci.subsys_product_id: mine is 105b

pci.vendor_id: mine is 168c

pci.product_id: mine is 1c

Linux4One (Ubuntu 8.0.4):

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gnome-device-manager

screendmanagerzy1.png

String:

<string>pci008,105b</string>
  <string>pci168c,1c</string>

I have attached IO80211Family Aspire One A150.kext

IO80211FamilyAspireOne_A150.kext.zip

cannot download the .kext?? seems to be a problem.

i take it i just have to install this .kext, and wifi should be working on the mac?

Step by Step...

0) OS: iTAKOS 10.5.5, kernel: Voodoo with ppf1 + 2 +3, Voodoo kernel

1) Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration / com.apple.boot.plist (edit and just add -f flag):

<code><key> Kernel </ key>
   <string> mach_kernel </ string>	<-- (if you have Voodoo kernel string will be different)
   <key> Kernel Flags </ key>
   <string>-f </ string> </code>

If you have original iATKOs kernel:

<code><key> Kernel </ key>
   <string> mach_kernel </ string>	
   <string>-f cpus=1 </ string> </code>

2/ Airport Update ( http://support.apple.com/downloads/AirPort_Extreme_Update_2008_004) & .KEXT (IO80211FamilyAspireOne_A150.kext.zip )

Terminal:

sudo su -

diskutil repairPermissions /

(Restart)

3/ Download and install Kismac trunk r319.

Run network scanning on the Airport Extreme Passive mode one (Add this driver..).

It is working? If you see wifi networks that is 99% success.

4/ Don't forget switch off Airport before system shutdown procedure (after reboot you must switch on airport, next go to the Kismet and run network scanning - after this procedure WiFi networks will be available in the Airport).

--------------

If this procedure does not work correctly, repeat:

a) O80211FamilyAspireOne_A150.kext.zip

B) Terminal:

sudo su -

diskutil repairPermissions /

{restart}

Hi,

Well, it has to be .......... There is actually a couple of ways to lower down CPU temperature & one of it is using VoodooPower by Superhai. It provide speedstep functionality.

Good luck. :)

kizwan

kizwan,

Thank you very much for the information that let me know more about my installation.

Indeed, I have DSDT patched and IntelCPUPowerManagement works fine. Only at cold boot, it may cause kernel panic and/or no fan running. Reboot with -f can ratify the issue.

Seriously guys - just replace the damn card! Its really easy to do, airport just works, no kismac! I really would recommend it. Follow tnkgrls instructional video and you are all set.

As they say accross the pond - just my 2c worth. at the current exchange rate that works out at around 2 penneth.

hi guys thank you very much for your work

got an acer aspire one a150X

iatkos 10.5.6

wlan works perfect now with kismac scan first

THX to All of you worked on it :D

Perhaps you could post the kexts you're currently using and which kernel you're on as well? Been fighting with an iATKOS v5 install updated to 10.5.6 that is using the 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel. Also if it's of any help, this setup guide was followed:

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtop...a686c082dc2d3dc

Anyway, tried all the kexts and when scanning if something does come up, it's an odd <any ssid> entry that just fills up with packets, but is not finding any SSIDs..

Would love to see the Acer One users start posting their working configs and kexts!

i got Acer one and did exactly what is read at the begining of this topic and i used same kext + i edited com.apple.boot.plist and added -f there like this:

<key> Kernel </ key>

<string> mach_kernel </ string>

<string>-f </ string>

everything is working perfectly; booting, first opening KisMac -> scan and after that i choose wifi connection.

I got xxx 10.5.5 with ppf1,2,3 and speedkernel. i will try next week new xxx 10.5.6 with ppf1 and voodoo kernel, hope i get wifi working again :)

Kismac method:

Kismac ships with its own driver if i'm not mistaken. There must be a kext file 'or serveral' within the app package of kismac...

This is the driver we need! Is it possible to extract the right kext from the kismac package and put it in system library extensions, or script the thing to load from a different place during boot or unload the thing during shutdown?

Therefore we might not need to load kismac etc... can anyone try this?

copy kext in desktop folder "kismacextract", in terminal go to desktop folder "kismacextract"

chown -R 0:0 *

chmod -r 755 *

kextload xxxxkismac.kext ?

Hi guys I got this card by mistake (the AR5007EG) on this ASUS F3Jc and it is working quite good. But I have a weird problem... This is that I cannot connect to unsecured (no password required) networks.. while connecting to WEP/WAP enabled networks is not a problem, apart from that everything works fine, ad-hoc, internet sharing through airport...

Is anyone else having the same situation?

it worked but only worked one time. i cant get it to connect again. i tried reloading the kext and doing all the repair things and booting with -f and nothing is working. the menu bar item keeps saying no airport installed and i hitting the turn on button in sys prefs isnt working. kismac isnt pulling up anything on scans. dunno what im doing wrong.

it worked but only worked one time. i cant get it to connect again. i tried reloading the kext and doing all the repair things and booting with -f and nothing is working. the menu bar item keeps saying no airport installed and i hitting the turn on button in sys prefs isnt working. kismac isnt pulling up anything on scans. dunno what im doing wrong.

Sometimes it does that also for me... where kismac starts to hang and sometimes doesn;t detect any wireless routers (when I am pretty sure that there is)... What I do I just restart until it works...(sometimes even 4 restarts after each other) so don't give up immediately

Ok, now i have tested xxx 10.5.6 + ppf1 and voodoo 9.5 v1.0 kernel... and i didnt succeed to get wifi working. i think problem is that u cant use extreme airport update, case it is only for 10.5.5 version mac os. so i tryend edit vendor id and many differend IO80211Family.kext's etc...

i will try now new istallation with TOH sleep kernel... lets see if i have to go back to 10.5.5 :S

Hey Guys, after one week trying to get the AR5007EG to work on unsecured networks I gave up and went to a Dell computer store and got a DW1940 (Broadcom 4311a/b/g). I installed this new card and my laptop immediately is having a full airport extreme experience with Leopard 10.5.6...

Also I would like to report that the softkey of turning on wifi/bluetooth works flawless.

where did you get your card from? think ima just void the warranty and switch out the cards.

I got this card from Malta...from our Dell Agent. You can either choose a DW1390 or DW1490 the difference is DW1390 is b/g and DW1490 is a/b/g. Both of them run on Broadcom 4311 chipset. Or else if you don't would like a card with a brand name just check on ebay for a Broadcom 4311. A good product and seller check this link below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...s%3DI%26otn%3D1