Atheros AR5007 working but not perfect. Heres the guide.

oldmaclover

430 posts in this topic

i try to install OPCIFamily modified, but next i restart the system and all is very slow and the system don't start... next i start boot with -v -f -x for restore the original kext....i have iatkos v5 with vanilla kernel.

normaly, my wifi don't work...is active, but it not find any network with kismac

After some tweaking again, i found that those who USE the disabler.kext in the iATKOS 5i will not be able to detect any network at all with kismac...

so phoenix, if u have that.. just kextunload it in terminal....... though there's a chance that after u unload it might panic

the disabler disable some stock drivers that might interfere wif u're wireless..

good luckkk!

What a damn {censored} that you need it activated in vista!!

I have OSX Leopard 10.5.5 on my laptop and its the only OS running so I gived it a try, but thought it will not work because of the activation in vista you were talking about. BUT now the best part! You really DONT need that crappy ugly vista!! It works flawlessly now and having no problems at all with it!! Thats what I wanted to say ;)

After some tweaking again, i found that those who USE the disabler.kext in the iATKOS 5i will not be able to detect any network at all with kismac...

No, I do use disabler.kext and I can find my WLAN almost everytime I try.

iATKOS 5i also.

What a damn {censored} that you need it activated in vista!!

I have OSX Leopard 10.5.5 on my laptop and its the only OS running so I gived it a try, but thought it will not work because of the activation in vista you were talking about. BUT now the best part! You really DONT need that crappy ugly vista!! It works flawlessly now and having no problems at all with it!! Thats what I wanted to say :D

Yeah, I just removed WXP from my laptop, Leopard is the only OS running here at the moment.

Someone here in the forum said to shutdown and then power it back on to activate the card, and it did the trick for me, wrking just fine without windows here!!!

No, I do use disabler.kext and I can find my WLAN almost everytime I try.

iATKOS 5i also.

Yeah, I just removed WXP from my laptop, Leopard is the only OS running here at the moment.

Someone here in the forum said to shutdown and then power it back on to activate the card, and it did the trick for me, wrking just fine without windows here!!!

Indeed, shutting down and power it back will work. I installed shade and it is working fine with the wifi. What I would like to suggest now is still the same. Once you got your wifi working, you should not need to do anything if the wifi failed in the next reboot other than shut down and power it up again.

phoenix530: as you have done a lot of things with your copy of mac, i suggest that you format and reinstall mac ...

It worked with SAMSUNG NC 10 blue..!!!(Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter [168c:001c] (rev 01).What I DID was just reset to default in advanced tab of KisMac.But on every reboot i have to scan with Kismac THEN ONLY AIRPORT IS FINDING NETWORKS.

Today when i searched for updatesthere was some airport update. it killed my airport. I reinstalled the kextthen airport is turned on no luck finding networks, even kismac trick not working. IN updates again its airport update showing as avilable when i connect using USBWIRELESS.

It worked with SAMSUNG NC 10 blue..!!!(Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter [168c:001c] (rev 01).What I DID was just reset to default in advanced tab of KisMac.But on every reboot i have to scan with Kismac THEN ONLY AIRPORT IS FINDING NETWORKS

what method do you use?

Alright, this is good news.

basically, while running kismac, if it seems to hang or the numbers in the circle in the lower right go by slowly (means the hardware isnt in a proper state), just shut down and power up (do not restart) so that the wifi card gets initialized properly.

this is how I got it working (with kismac support):

1. iatkos 5i with ToH kernel 9.2, pc_efi 9i with dsdt patch builtin, -f option for kernel

2. airport extreme update

3. the kext using osx86tools

do the kismac trick and see if you can see the network. else, repair permissions and reboot. then install the kext and reboot. if it still doesnt work, keep trying a combination of those.

Right, i've now tried numerous methods, and i am still failing to get my wireless working in OS X. So i have given up on that approach now! Could someone, simply tell me what Airport Card will fit directly as a replacement for my Atheros AR5007eg? This seems to me to be the more practical approach, and won't mean that i have to have Kismac running or anything like that! Also, does anyone know how to get them running once it has been installed? And one more question, will the Airport Card work in Vista, as i am dual booting with Vista Home Premium currently.

Sorry for all the questions!

I decided to try Ideneb, everything worked out of the box but wireless. I did everything you guys recommended, but nothing worked.

When I was using Iatkos, I used PCEFI9 as my bootloader, and with Ideneb, chameleon, it seems that Chameleon did not let my card to initialize correctly, cause when i installed PCEFI9 on ideneb i could successfully connect to my wlan on the fist reboot after its installation.

so, if cannot get your wifi working with chameleon, you might want to try PCEFI9.

Thank you so much, oldmaclover... ITS WORKING..... Yesssss

Everything works fine now on my Samsung R510 (Geforce9200,Webcam,Sound,2Fingerscroll,Ethernet,WiFi). :)

This is a real christmas present

edit:

works only every 3rd boot(?), but works...

Alright, this is good news.

basically, while running kismac, if it seems to hang or the numbers in the circle in the lower right go by slowly (means the hardware isnt in a proper state), just shut down and power up (do not restart) so that the wifi card gets initialized properly.

this is how I got it working (with kismac support):

1. iatkos 5i with ToH kernel 9.2, pc_efi 9i with dsdt patch builtin, -f option for kernel

2. airport extreme update

3. the kext using osx86tools

do the kismac trick and see if you can see the network. else, repair permissions and reboot. then install the kext and reboot. if it still doesnt work, keep trying a combination of those.

ok, i have that problem, kismac start to scan and dosent find anything, my iphone and windows xp find many networks around my house but kismac dosent

two weeks ago i got to work but not in a regular way sooo i stop traying and this was my second atemp

sorry for my poor english :)

i have kaliway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.5 with vanilla kernel and the dsdt patch

sorry, I must repeat again,

to be more clear and easy to follow.

this step by step:

1. followed step by step tutorial first

2. so that each boot, wifi can work,

add boot flag with -f, in the terminal, such as this

$ Sudo nano / Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration / com.apple.boot.plist

<key> Kernel </ key>

<string> mach_kernel </ string>

<key> Kernel Flags </ key>

<string>-f </ string>

3. install the latest voodoo kernel released

4. fix dsdt with Fassl guide

I try several times, 99% wifi can

work with acer one a150

Hi, I'm really new to this and I don't really understand much about Mac OS X,

can you explain a bit more clearly how you got your wifi to work please?? I have managed to get the card recognized as an Airport card and the icon is at the top but no luck finding any networks...

I don't really know how to apply the dsdt and I have read the whole blog on it but as most blogs, the explanation is all in bits and pieces...

I also have an Acer Aspire One 150

if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it since I really want to learn how to use this OS

sorry for my ignorance,

thank you

try this LINK

Truemobile is usually considered quite bad card. Additionally it doesn't have opensource driver which means bad support under anything other then OSX or windows. I prefer Atheros. I bought "Atheros AR5008e-3NX 802.11a/b/g/n internal mini-pci-express card". This card is similar to ones found in some macbooks and it works as a charm OTB under windows,linux and OSX(vanilla IO80211Family). There are also drivers for solaris, FreeBSD and probably just any OS supporting WLAN at all but since I currently don't have any other OS (then windows, linux and osx) installed I can't test this

Hi please help.

I have a samsung nc-10, i have read all 9 pages of this thread religeously but i cant get my wifi to work.

I have installed airport update - reboot

installed io8211family.kext

used kismac but nothing

Then I tried to change en0 to en1

but everytime i try to do that it doesn't change. comac had the same problem but he never said how he fixed his.

I am runing 10.5.5 and using darwin kernel.

could that be any problem?

Also I am quite new to mac, so this is my first time really toying around with a mac system.

EDIT: Ok I got it working yeah, after modifying en0 to en1 I had to press enter after hiting control X (who knew). Then I got 2 airports. Airport 1 and Airport 2 in system preferences. All I had to do was disable airport 1 and enable airport 2. hope this helps any mac newbs out there.

I'm happy to have finally enetered the mac world fully. yay!

HAHA thats what use to happen to me

just go to hardrive then / Library / Preferences/ SystemConfiguration/ com.apple.boot.plist and edit com.apple.boot.plist by adding -f to it like so:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key> Kernel Flags </key>

<string>-f</string>

THIS IS JINNGGOFF'S METHOD THAT WORKED FOR ME!!! :blink: try it. it works. Good luck! :D

HAHA thats what use to happen to me

just go to hardrive then / Library / Preferences/ SystemConfiguration/ com.apple.boot.plist and edit com.apple.boot.plist by adding -f to it like so:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key> Kernel Flags </key>

<string>-f</string>

THIS IS JINNGGOFF'S METHOD THAT WORKED FOR ME!!! ;) try it. it works. Good luck! :)

+1 , working for me too on samsung nc10

Hello Everyone:

I have seen that some people here have gotten to work their AR5007 in their AAO 150's I own one and I'm very new to the hackintosh business hehe... can anyone explain how it has to be done? because I don't really want to crack open my NB and switch the PCIE card for anotherone (I think it kinda defeats the purpose over trying to make OS X work with what we have)

Help please!!!!!

cheers

:help: :help: :help:

Right, i've now tried numerous methods, and i am still failing to get my wireless working in OS X. So i have given up on that approach now! Could someone, simply tell me what Airport Card will fit directly as a replacement for my Atheros AR5007eg? This seems to me to be the more practical approach, and won't mean that i have to have Kismac running or anything like that! Also, does anyone know how to get them running once it has been installed? And one more question, will the Airport Card work in Vista, as i am dual booting with Vista Home Premium currently.

Sorry for all the questions!

Hi,

For wireless replacement card, try search for Dell Wireless 139x card (x for any number) but make sure it use broadcom chipset. I bought Dell Wireless 1395 wlan mini card that use broadcom 4315 chipset. You have to be careful though, make sure your laptop allow you to replace your wireless card with any model. As for vista, it should work too.

i try to install OPCIFamily modified, but next i restart the system and all is very slow and the system don't start... next i start boot with -v -f -x for restore the original kext....i have iatkos v5 with vanilla kernel.

normaly, my wifi don't work...is active, but it not find any network with kismac

For latest modified IOPCIFamily.kext, go to this URL.