Atheros AR5007 working but not perfect. Heres the guide.

oldmaclover

430 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone:

I have seen that some people here have gotten to work their AR5007 in their AAO 150's I own one and I'm very new to the hackintosh business hehe... can anyone explain how it has to be done? because I don't really want to crack open my NB and switch the PCIE card for anotherone (I think it kinda defeats the purpose over trying to make OS X work with what we have)

Help please!!!!!

cheers

Hi aztec_knight

Everything you're asking, as a detailed guide get the wifi working on your computer and everything, is explained through the nine pages of this topic. Please read them carefully, we can't be more helpful than to tell you to read them. About the Aspire One, I think there is also a huge lot of other topics on other forum which could tell you how to do it. Just hit google.

Okay, I got my Asus EEE PC 904HA netbook working, it luckily has this Atheros AR 5007 mini-epci card and I followed this howto guide.

Initially, the KisMac trunk r319 utility never found any wireless networks to join. Reinstalled kext several times,

with reboots, and occasional crashes on boots.

I have a dual-boot with original Windows XP installation. I found the trick to get things to finally work.

When I run KisMAC and no network shows up, I just reboot into Windows XP, connect to my wireless network and

then quickly reboot into my Denebi v1.3 10.5.5 hackintosh, everytime I do this KisMAC all of a sudden finds networks to join.

So, cold boots into MacOS will not allow me to find networks, no matter how much I fiddle on the Mac side of things.

Warm reboots from Windows XP fixes things for me.

I will be triple booting and adding EEEbuntu which was just released and will experiment more. When I just

had EEEbuntu and Windows XP on it my netbook, this wireless card work great out of the box; this meant

I didn't need to buy an Broadcom/Airport ebay mini-epci card. yahoo! Thanks to oldmaclover for figuring this all out.

Perhaps someone will find a way to get this working on a Asus 904HA netbook without having to boot into WinXP first.

Everything on my Asus EEE 904HA hackintosh works now except for ethernet and webcam.

Sam A

Perhaps someone will find a way to get this working on a Asus 904HA netbook without having to boot into WinXP first.

For me, I just reboot the netbook if it didn't work on the first boot. 80% works during the first boot.

If I use XP to do my stuff first and then reboot into Mac, it will normally work. I believe the thing that should be solved would be the kernel panic thingy which I see it as unhealthy. hehe.... that's my opinion though.

I got it working somehow through couple hours of work on my NC10, but the signal is really really weak, can see only my own net but not connect. Only works with reboot from XP. My install is the msiwindosx86.iso, so would an 10.5.5 install with airport update help with signal weakness? Anyway thanks everyone for their work!

Until yesterday my Linksys WMP300N, V2 (Atheros 5007/500) with ID 168C-0023 did work well.

Config:

Retail 10.5.5 on HD SATA at ICH9R with Partioin scheme MBR

(I first did install iDeneb 10.5.5) and than did make it a Retail installation with chameleon and DSDT-Patch manually, replacing some pictures and so on)

Mainboard GA-P35-DS3P, Q6600, 4 GB RAM

nVidia 8800 GTX, I did install it during iDeneb setup with NVinject.kext 0.2.1, than added EFI-String to com.apple.Boot.plist and removed NVinject.kext

Onboard Lan off (It is this wierd Realtek 8169 chip)

PCI Lan Card 3Com 3C905-TX, old > 12 years? but recognized :-)

All updates from Apple installed with Software Uodate.

Yesterday I did install OS X Combo Update 10.5.6:

Linksys WMP300N, V2 is not recognized anymore.

At shutdown there is a Kernel-Panic relatet to IO80211...kext and Atheros.kext. In Info.plist at Plugin Atheros.kext the PCI ID 168C-0023 is inserted from Apple. Idid not have to change anything.

All other components and 10.5.6 itself do run well.

When I pull out the WLan PCI Linksys WMP300N, V2 the system does reboot/shutdown without kernel panic.

How can I get my WLan in good shape again?

Until yesterday my Linksys WMP300N, V2 (Atheros 5007/500) with ID 168C-0023 did work well.

All updates from Apple installed with Software Uodate.

Yesterday I did install OS X Combo Update 10.5.6:

Linksys WMP300N, V2 is not recognized anymore.

At shutdown there is a Kernel-Panic relatet to IO80211...kext and Atheros.kext. In Info.plist at Plugin Atheros.kext the PCI ID 168C-0023 is inserted from Apple. Idid not have to change anything.

All other components and 10.5.6 itself do run well.

When I pull out the WLan PCI Linksys WMP300N, V2 the system does reboot/shutdown without kernel panic.

How can I get my WLan in good shape again?

Sorry, that's the dumbest thing I've heard. You're using a hacked OSX, with a still under development driver, and you're doing a software update, just like that!

Well, NO, you should have waited a little before updating, at least a few days or one or two weeks, so that people with a little more knowledge (say, those who develop the driver) would have tried with the update. So for now, you're stuck, and that's all.

Hi, just like Telecom, I have a Samsung nc10 netbook with msiwindosx86. Everything works except the most crucial WIFI. I believe it's Atheros AR5007EG as identified through XP.

For those who had their NC10 working with wifi, please help me and Telecom.

Got it working JUST NOW! I can't wait. This will be awesome, I'll be linking to you in my new guide. You just rocked my world, thank you SO MUCH! ;):(

EDIT: I can also confirm, it will break with the 10.5.6 update. Reverting back to 10.5.5 with Time Machine. Thank you, God. :P

If anyone can get this working under 10.5.6, I will go absolutely crazy and thank you forever.

Hi, just like Telecom, I have a Samsung nc10 netbook with msiwindosx86. Everything works except the most crucial WIFI. I believe it's Atheros AR5007EG as identified through XP.

I am using Samsung NC10 but a different version of mac, ideneb v1.3 ... this method works find for me ... well, have a look at the previous pages because there are quite detail solutions in there .... good luck !

Sorry, that's the dumbest thing I've heard. You're using a hacked OSX, with a still under development driver, and you're doing a software update, just like that!

Well, NO, you should have waited a little before updating, at least a few days or one or two weeks, so that people with a little more knowledge (say, those who develop the driver) would have tried with the update. So for now, you're stuck, and that's all.

I than did try the Buffalo WLan 300N PCI Card with Broadcom 4329 chip. the same issue. WLan is recognized in System Prefernces "Network", but the state is "OFF" and can not get activated. I did use the "Wlan Activation script from iDeneb", but it does not activate waln in 10.5.6. Maybe some kernel variables have new names?

It did not work either, when i did replace IO80211...kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext with the ones from my CCC backup from 10.5.5.

So I decided, to go back to 10.5.5 for now.

I am not stuck, I just did boot from external USB harddisk my CCC Clone from my 10.5.5 installation and just did replace new files on the main disk with old files from the clone and remove files, which are at main harddisk and are not on the clone. This does work automatic and does take about 2 Minutes. Never forget, to run chameleon-dsdt on your CCC clone disk after making a backup from your main boot disk to an external usb drive. Otherwise it will not boot the system from the external USB Harddisk.

So I wait now, until there will be a solution.

I know what I do, I give support in room #osx86.de

This and the earlier post are meant as an info for the maintainers of the driver.

i did the update too, right after the update i repaired disk permissions on disk utility and wifi was working again, just with the same methods, then my timemachine stopped working, deleted networkinterfaces.plist (did a backup), and timemachine was working again, but wifi didn't, then i restored my backup, and wifi still not working :/

i'm connected using a Bluetooth USB dongle connected to my brother's laptop.

I tried a dell 1505 card with a broadcom chipset also, but it couldn't be activated just like my atheros one.

I also tried the newest voodoo kernel, don't work also.

I than did try the Buffalo WLan 300N PCI Card with Broadcom 4329 chip. the same issue. WLan is recognized in System Prefernces "Network", but the state is "OFF" and can not get activated. I did use the "Wlan Activation script from iDeneb", but it does not activate waln in 10.5.6. Maybe some kernel variables have new names?

It did not work either, when i did replace IO80211...kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext with the ones from my CCC backup from 10.5.5.

So I decided, to go back to 10.5.5 for now.

I am not stuck, I just did boot from external USB harddisk my CCC Clone from my 10.5.5 installation and just did replace new files on the main disk with old files from the clone and remove files, which are at main harddisk and are not on the clone. This does work automatic and does take about 2 Minutes. Never forget, to run chameleon-dsdt on your CCC clone disk after making a backup from your main boot disk to an external usb drive. Otherwise it will not boot the system from the external USB Harddisk.

So I wait now, until there will be a solution.

I know what I do, I give support in room #osx86.de

This and the earlier post are meant as an info for the maintainers of the driver.

Hi,

What you do is not actually the dumbest thing. What important is you know what you have to do when this kind of thing happen & you actually do. I also have OS X installed on external hard drive & it help a lot when come to rescuing or restoring. IMHO this project only suitable for people that like to experiment. :P

kizwan

You can install the Retail DVD using Boot-132 method for example so saying its a retail install is NOT a dumb thing

Is LAN, and Audio working ok on yours? Also can you run things like iMovie?..

Im using an NC10 patched (Jas distro) ISO from this forum and none of that works.. dont tell me msiwindosx86 makes everything work??..??

Well, another quick update. Seems that after a reboot, the wireless card fails to load again. :/ Even with -f. :blush:

I don't know why it would work one moment then not the next moment. I think today will spent looking for a WiFi USB stick. ;(

hi there, did you try to shut down and reboot again? well, at least it works for me that way. some of them log into windows xp and then reboot into mac to get the wifi working.

be patient, after all, you have successfully made it work previously.

JPUK - everything is working fine in Samsung NC10 except for the LAN. I used the samsung driver over at Bike Town. Follow this THREAD on their Samsung NC10 Mac OS X development.

JPUK - everything is working fine in Samsung NC10 except for the LAN. I used the samsung driver over at Bike Town. Follow this THREAD on their Samsung NC10 Mac OS X development.

Thats what im using, imovie doesnt work, mic and headphones dont work...

Think theres any hope for the LAN given whats been said in this thread?

By the way i can get the wifi card recognised on the NC10 but never find any networks, tried all variations.

@ JPUK

The msiwindosx got everything except the Wifi and Lan. It's also very easy to install, no need to customize (install with all things Checked). I just need someone to help me with Wifi. I dont want to download ideneb. Or should I just get a dell 1490?

Okay, I got my Asus EEE PC 904HA netbook working, it luckily has this Atheros AR 5007 mini-epci card and I followed this howto guide.

Initially, the KisMac trunk r319 utility never found any wireless networks to join. Reinstalled kext several times,

with reboots, and occasional crashes on boots.

I have a dual-boot with original Windows XP installation. I found the trick to get things to finally work.

When I run KisMAC and no network shows up, I just reboot into Windows XP, connect to my wireless network and

then quickly reboot into my Denebi v1.3 10.5.5 hackintosh, everytime I do this KisMAC all of a sudden finds networks to join.

So, cold boots into MacOS will not allow me to find networks, no matter how much I fiddle on the Mac side of things.

Warm reboots from Windows XP fixes things for me.

I will be triple booting and adding EEEbuntu which was just released and will experiment more. When I just

had EEEbuntu and Windows XP on it my netbook, this wireless card work great out of the box; this meant

I didn't need to buy an Broadcom/Airport ebay mini-epci card. yahoo! Thanks to oldmaclover for figuring this all out.

Everything on my Asus EEE 904HA hackintosh works now except for ethernet and webcam.

Sam A

This has stopped working for me. I installed EEEbuntu 2.0 Standard for the 3rd OS and now

my wireless has stopped working. EEEbuntu installed grub and must be why it isn't working anymore.

Thanks oldmaclover, it works for me. my laptop has ar5007 wireless card :D

sometimes system start will cause panics, but it will be fine after restart (unplug power for few seconds)

also add -f when booting OSX will solve some wireless issues.