Atheros AR5007 working but not perfect. Heres the guide.

oldmaclover

430 posts in this topic

-f boot didn't work unfortunately. I'm still unable to find any networks. The thing thats bugging me is that I had it working once before and now I can't even get it at all. ahh someone help this ridiculous fault!

hi legatoexprssivo ... it will be great if you could state the system that you are using as well as the hackintosh version in your signature ... by reading your previous posts, i know that you are using ideneb 10.5.5 but i do not know what computer you are using ...

well, as u can see from my signature, i m using ideneb 10.5.5 too ... however, the video driver didn't seem to work on my samsung nc10 .. thus, i used mysticus bike town samsung nc10 drivers and it works fine since ... the kext file that i am using is the link from old maclover ...

i did numerous reboot, installation of kext, removing mkext and things like that and finally i found a way that works fine for my netbook ... i am sure that you will eventually find your way ...

well, did u delete the mkext file/s?

after installing ideneb 10.5.5, i deleted the mkext files. then i reboot the machine. install the kext file. repair permissions, and reboot again. after reboot, i changed the en0 to en1. (this is normally required on nc10). copy kismac files ... repair permissions ... shut down the system ... i boot the machine and the airport icon is at the top and i open the network preferences... and it will say that it detects the airport card and i click on apply and the airport card is added. i proceeded to run kismac and add atheros passive mode and scan the network and it shows the available network in seconds ..

as you may have already know, sometimes kernel panic appears. when kismac could not display any wifi network available, i just do a complete shutdown and it works after start up again...

one thing that i notice with nc10 is that if kismac could not detect any wifi networks and after that, i do a restart instead of shutdown, my wifi will automatically be turned off. during my first few tries, i did not pay attention to it and i just reinstall the kext files again and again ... but that will just make the system worse ... in the end, i reinstall the ideneb again ...

good luck

my airport icon is yellow and if i click in the icon near the clock then i see "network serching".....i have edit networkpreference, and i see en0 for wireless and en1 for ethernet, but if i change the en number, the sistem restore the original value when i restart... how can i edit the kext for watch the vendor id?

i have open this file:/system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext/contents/plugins/airportatheros.kext/contents/info.plist

inside i see:

etc..................

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci106b,0086</string>

<string>pci168c,1c</string>

<string>pci168c,23</string>

<string>pci168c,24</string>

</array>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

etc............................

well...if i open my information menu, under airport card voice, i see Airport Extreme (0x168C, 0xE008)

ok...what's do i write for add my vendor id?

EDIT: NOW WORK FOR ME!!!!!

i have modified the parameters and i add this string:

168c,1d

etc..................

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci168c,1d</string> <-------add this if you don't see the result network :rolleyes:

</array>

I have 0x7131, which line I should add here system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext/contents/plugins/airportatheros.kext/contents/info.plist?

Legato I'm using the same system as you are (typing on it as I speak via wireless to my linksys router) so you're on the right track with oldmacclover's solution. Have you checked your networkinterfaces list to ensure that your wlan card connection is listed as en1? Are you using iDeneb 10.5.5 as a base? Also run Network Diagnostics after you ensure that your card is listed as en1 (After one of my updates the card would never report as on until I did a Network Diagnostic). If after that you still aren't able to get your card up and running post exactly what you did from start to finish and I'll check it vs. what I did.

Do you have to have the Vanilla Kernel? I tried installing the Airport Update and it wouldn't let me -.- Im using the ToH 9.2 Sleep kernel.... Is there anyway for this to work or can any link me to a Vanilla Kernel which I can isntall instead? Thanks, Chris

EDIT: Just installed the voodoo 10.5.5 kernel thingy majig and it still wont let me isntall the airport update... Cmoon any help please?

Hey again sorry for triple post but this jsut isn't working... I can't use vanilla kernel because it wont work on my laptop (Samsung R60+) and the Airport update says i havn't got the system requirements -.- I'm running 10.5.5... I used pacifist and extracted all the files and put them in the folders and rebooted used kismac added the passive thing rebooted and tried everythign possible -.- It just isn't working can anyone help me pleasE?!?

Hey again sorry for triple post but this jsut isn't working... I can't use vanilla kernel because it wont work on my laptop (Samsung R60+) and the Airport update says i havn't got the system requirements -.- I'm running 10.5.5... I used pacifist and extracted all the files and put them in the folders and rebooted used kismac added the passive thing rebooted and tried everythign possible -.- It just isn't working can anyone help me pleasE?!?

I tested before change the cpu and putting vanilla kernell on mine 10.5.4 and it worked for me, try it . if you see the card on net you are able to try with a kissmac cheat, if you get kernell panic all the time boot with -x and delete the kext, one other thing, i get more boot successfull if i boot from from a real shut down, not restar, it means booting for a previos and totally off power....sorry my natural languaje is spanish

Holy sh*t! i got my wireless working!

i got AA 150. i installed xxx 10.5.5 with ppf1+2+3. after installation i tryed first IO8211Family.kext with repair permission. booted and i found my airport card.. even it turned on but didnt find any networks. after that i installed Airport Update 2008-004. shutdown. then my airportcard wasnt detected anymore, i installed again IO8211Family.kext and repair permission and added on com.apple.boot.plist -f

<key> Kernel </ key>

<string> mach_kernel </ string>

<key> Kernel Flags </ key>

<string>-f </ string>

after boot i found all networks in my area and my own network also.. feels so nice :D. now i hope that my wireless will work after boot also :D

I'm on iDeneb 10.5.5, and I can't get Wireless working with AR5007EG.

I've tried adding my IDs to the PList.

0x168C, 0x7128

I've tried all the steps in this thread and can't get it working. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

It works when booting with -f. Is there any way to make this the default? Guldan, where is the file you edited?

EDIT2:

It was working fine for a while, but now I can't find any networks even with -f?

This seems to be working for me:

Edit: Atheros AR5007EG

If I boot and no WiFi is available:

1. In terminal, sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

2. KextHelper install IO80211Family.kext

3. Repair Permissions (OSX86 tools seems to work)

4. Turn off Airport in OS X

5. Cold shutdown and reboot with -f boot flag

6. Turn on Airport in OS X

7. Scan

It's annoying, though, I'd like a better solution :\

my wifi is working without problem. i got aa 150, nothing have added. only updated newest bios 3309.

i installed xx 10.5.5 with ppf1+2+3.

after that install IO8211Family.kext from begin of this thread and make repair permission.

then go to / Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration / com.apple.boot.plist open it and edit like this, just add -f:

<key> Kernel </ key>

<string> mach_kernel </ string>

<key> Kernel Flags </ key>

<string>-f </ string>

after boot u should see airport on your top bar, it should automaticly be on.. i read that -f make it on.. usually it was off for me before i add that command. now if u see that your card is on then just scan your networks kisMac r319, ofc selected airport extreme card with passive mode etc.. after u see your networks, just stop it, drag your mouse on airport icon and in while it should update networks that kisMac already found.

everytime u boot u just need run same prosess with kismac and i should work fine. atleast i managed make it work, and it take only 30s before u can use your wifi..

i hope this helps u and happy new year here also!

Okay, so I have VEN_168C&DEV_001B. I am told it is the Atheros 5006X chipset. I have tried the Atheros kexts provided on the forums already, and none of them have worked for me. Am I doing something wrong? I am using Kext Helper, and simply dragging the files in that I am finding.

Let me know what other information you need to help me

Thanks!

Steven

Hi,

Can anyone confirm the guide from this thread can get AR5007EG working? If it is working with AR5007EG, can anybody confirm that the card was (physically) labeled with AR5BXB63? Well, I can't test it because I just brick my card. :(

I have another question. Can anyone confirm AR5BXB61 is working either out-of-the-box or with the guide? I'm going to buy this card but searching give me mix result. One person said this card working but another person said it will not work. Well, my choice are Atheros AR5BXB61 & Broadocm BCM94311.

One last question, anyone have BenQ S41 here?

Thanks. :(

kizwan

Has anyone actually gotten this fix to work stably?

It doesn't seem so. I wonder if there actually is anyone still working on that problem. And I actually wonder how many people seem to be satisfied with this solution - having to reboot many times until it's switched on, kernel panics from time to time, not a comfortable situation... Is there a chance for an improved solution at all?

Hi,

Can anyone confirm the guide from this thread can get AR5007EG working? If it is working with AR5007EG, can anybody confirm that the card was (physically) labeled with AR5BXB63? Well, I can't test it because I just brick my card. ;)

hi kizwan

with my acer one, yes is true this card as AR5007EG but was labeled as AR5BX63.

And with this method the card can work but not too perfect :D

to revise my earlier post apparently as long as i remember to delete the extensions.mkext before shutting down i have wireless on almost every boot, I've set kisMac to launch on startup and needn't reload the driver every time, simply hit scan, enter password and close once networks appear....i also don't seem to catch kernel panic as long as mkext is deleted...worth mentioning im not using the revised for 10.5.6 kext, i'm using the one in the one in oldmacuser's 1st post....

my airport icon is yellow and if i click in the icon near the clock then i see "network serching".....i have edit networkpreference, and i see en0 for wireless and en1 for ethernet, but if i change the en number, the sistem restore the original value when i restart... how can i edit the kext for watch the vendor id?

i have open this file:/system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext/contents/plugins/airportatheros.kext/contents/info.plist

inside i see:

etc..................

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

</array>

well...if i open my information menu, under airport card voice, i see Airport Extreme (0x168C, 0xE008)

ok...what's do i write for add my vendor id?

EDIT: NOW WORK FOR ME!!!!!

i have modified the parameters and i add this string:

168c,1d

etc..................

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci168c,1d</string> <-------add this if you don't see the result network :)

</array>

Thank you,phoenix 530!

Now is working v. fine. Posting from safari.

It's working even after my 10th restart.