Parallels 4.0

14 posts in this topic

Anyone else getting these errors when trying to install? I have a Dell 9400 running OSX 10.5.4.

Error: "Parallels Desktop can be installed only on systems supporting hardware virtualization." I'm assuming it's using instruction sets not available on my CPU but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thanks!

-Shawn

Only thing found on the internet is this http://forums.msiwind.net/viewtopic.php?f=...p;t=5407#p57673

I have the same error with Parallels 4.0, my specs are:

Compaq C751nr laptop

9.4.0 stagenxu kernel

iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5

Vmware Fusion 2 works fine and installed fine, just Parallels doesn't want to. I have a feeling has to do with the kernel or smbios or something, no idea. Haven't had time to play with it yet. So if anyone has info I'm more than willing to try things out

• 2 weeks later...

I think is something to do with intel vt my processor for example does not support it .....

have a read here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel...age.2C_65_nm.29

anyway i installed vmware fusions run perfect I made an exact copy of my xp partition and now is running as virtual machine in osx no need to go to windows partition anymore

• 4 weeks later...

@ robi 52 & @ zeroburn

I am having same issue. However, you guys mentioned that you got VMware fusion working. Help me out on this?.....

I tried vmware first because that is what I have used for awhile on my "real" macbook :P When i tried installing VMware on my hackintosh desktop (i will put the specs below) it gets most of the way through the installer and then i get a "kernel panic" (grey screen locks up system and says "you must restart your mac---hit power button, etc"....)

When I go to reboot after this I keep getting kernel panics before i even get to the login screen. I tried verbose mode and I saw a line about vmware near the end of verbose. I was able to boot into single user mode and get command line.

I actually installed my OSX on a partition on my main drive, the other partition had my exisitng XP Pro install I have used for a long time. The way I fixed this is by booting into XP, installing "macdrive" (windows program that lets you see mac drives and mac changes to files) and I deleted out ALL of the files having to do with VMware (most of them are in /applications---- some in system/library---- etc).

Once I do that and reboot I can get back into the OS just fine. I tried VMware install again and same thing happens---kernel panic--go to XP--delete VMware files on macdrive---reboot--back in OSX just fine.

Any ideas for me on how I can get VMware to run/ how to fix this/ etc? I want to use my new hackintosh at work cause I am sick of windows, but I MUST be able to have XP on it to run a proprietary program we have that runs on "provideX" which only works in windows.

I can boot into one or the other, but that is a big pain in the butt! Any ideas???

-Dave

• 2 months later...

"Parallels Desktop can be installed only on systems supporting hardware virtualization"

Oookey, Runnin a Q8200 Processor ( Quadcore 2.33 Ghz), Thought I woudl not have any type of problems but well well, I seem to have ALL kind of rpboelms with Hardware Virt. I cant even get teh bloody {censored} to actually understand I have game DVDs and CDs in my reader ( and yeah, doesnt matter if they are legal or not, it simple cant read. ONLY game I can play is WoW ( luckily enough) and so far BF2142, BUT not the latest patched ones and ONLY if I use a cd crak ( and I OWN the bloody game legally -_- )

"Parallels Desktop can be installed only on systems supporting hardware virtualization"

Oookey, Runnin a Q8200 Processor ( Quadcore 2.33 Ghz), Thought I woudl not have any type of problems but well well, I seem to have ALL kind of rpboelms with Hardware Virt. I cant even get teh bloody {censored} to actually understand I have game DVDs and CDs in my reader ( and yeah, doesnt matter if they are legal or not, it simple cant read. ONLY game I can play is WoW ( luckily enough) and so far BF2142, BUT not the latest patched ones and ONLY if I use a cd crak ( and I OWN the bloody game legally :thumbsup_anim: )

Intel Q8200 don't support Virtualization Technology, is strange, but real.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLB5M

Giorgio

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If you use Pacifist to open the .dmg and install it through there, it will bypass that warning and allow the install to continue

EDIT: I tried this with Parallels 5 and got to the point of installing an OS and it won't boot because of the lack of Hardware Virtualization.

I found a solution on an other place, which function for me. Virtualisation is ON in BIOS, but Parallels sometimes does not find it. Some Mac-Mini have the same Problem. It can be fixed if You simply send Computer in sleep mode an wake it up again.

Mr Light :-)