ATI / NVIDIA OnBoard (P) ATA Driver

Zappadoc

59 posts in this topic

I made this driver for ATI / NVIDIA P ATA controlers (not SATA) with support of UDMA 6.

Z

supported controler:

- NVidia nForceX, MCP51, CK8S

- ATI SBXXX series

Nice i can feel the difference with udma6 enabled it's definitively faster good work

Nice i can feel the difference with udma6 enabled it's definitively faster good work

I you ever make a new DVD patch, would it be possible to include this in the essentials.pkg and extensions.mkext so that it can be installed natively on ATI chipsets?

Tx

Hey great!

D'ya think it's possible to make a sis chipset work with UDMA with your driver, too?

I modified in the past the serverworks driver to include my device id with no luck.

I'm not really sure what you did here instead... Could you give a brief explanation, and/or upload your modified source code?

Let us know if you think it's possible to make the sis chipset work!

thks!

Thanks for all your effort. I hope we can find a way to patch the 10.4.4/5 install so that x200 owners can boot natively. Has there already been one released? I haven't had any luck with vmware. Or maybe we should just wait until the SB400 sound is also solved so we get a fully functioning install. That would be perfect!

• 4 weeks later...

hi, im andy, this is my first post ^^, i have installed the driver.

but there is a problem :

extension "com.apple.driver.AppleOnboardPCATA" has no kernel dependency

17AppleOnboardPCATA is not compatible with its superclass, 8IOPCIATA superclass changed?

failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleOnboardPCATA.

i cannot boot the harddrive. thx before ^^

Does anyone compared this driver to the original AppleOnboardPCATA in XBench for nForce 4 ?

;)

Hello MacGirl!

Id like to ask you how you did realize SSE3 on dualcore Opteron?...I have here a Opteron 170, and I would to use it with SSE3, but the functional disk which I have, has kernel which has no support for SSE3 on dualcore. Thank you in advance for help.

• 2 weeks later...
:offtopic:

Hello MacGirl!

Id like to ask you how you did realize SSE3 on dualcore Opteron?...I have here a Opteron 170, and I would to use it with SSE3, but the functional disk which I have, has kernel which has no support for SSE3 on dualcore. Thank you in advance for help.

I don't even have a clue, but it appears that SSE3 kernels does not work on AMD's Dual Cores, I can only get a SSE3 Kernel work in VMware, at least with 10.4.4, .5 and .6 because it worked fine with 10.4.3

• 2 weeks later...

How install this driver? I have followed this explanation

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=13197&hl=

but with the driver that i can find on this thread v2 think.

BUT NOW MY OS CANNOT BOOT ;) .

Ihave 10.4.5myzar.

My hdd is a ata 40gb and when i have tried Xbench my hdd have very very poor performance (3.000 kb/S) !!!

I am reinstalling mac osx now. But how install now for a working os? :D

Edit: My motherboard is Asus P5nd2SLI deluxe : nforce4SliIntel edition