Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

I finally found your topic! Yay LOL x]

I have problems with my USB wireless mouse. Which comes with the keyboard call Logitech coreless Desktop MX3000.

I do not have this problem with 10.5.1 - 10.5.4 but only happens on 10.5.5. Weird O.O

My keyboard is perfectly working and my mouse was fine at first, after a while it just out of control, jumping everywhere and sometimes it stuck. Scrolling works perfectly but the mouse just don't work. I can't control it.

I've tried plug in a usb wired optical mouse and the samething happen. Scrolling works but cant control the mouse.

Do you know a solution to this problem? From what I've heard from Mysticus C this is caused by the nforce mobo and the GFX. So I was wondering do you have this problem or know the solution for it? o.O

Thank You =]

Kelly

I am running 10.5.5 and Voodoo Beta 2C kernel with wired USB keyboard & optical mouse and occasionally have mouse scrolling problems (back scrolling produces greay horizontal bands across the window obscuring text but forward scrolling is OK) in Adobe Reader and when using Expose, with rapid cursor movements not controllable by the mouse......it tends to happen after a long period of use.......I too had no problems pre-10.5.5.....

I have not come across a definitive solution yet......at present I have to reboot......I have not yet tried disabling USB Legacy Support to see if that makes any difference.......

UPDATE: Some users have same problem with network connection issues at the same time.....see here......saying that most of the time the erratic cursor problem can be solved by sleeping the computer and then waking it up......but also had the problem from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4......

I am running 10.5.5 and Voodoo Beta 2C kernel with wired USB keyboard & optical mouse and occasionally have mouse scrolling problems (back scrolling but forward scrolling OK) in Adobe Reader and when using Expose, with rapid cursor movements not controllable by the mouse......it tends to happen after a long period of use.......I too had no problems pre-10.5.5.....

I have not come across a definitive solution yet......at present I have to reboot......I have not yet tried disabling USB Legacy Support to see if that makes any difference.......

may i suggest using (testing for a while) the usb 2 controller fix (latest/new version in the update package?

because it fixes some restart shutdown issues but who know maybe :) just out of curiosity someone may give it a try?

maybe an older version of iousbfamily drivers if that does not work... funny though, i never ever had those issues with ATI gfx card in the system... my theory is with nvidia gfx card+nforce chipset/(may be usb controller as well) all together

may i suggest using (testing for a while) the usb 2 controller fix (latest/new version in the update package?

because it fixes some restart shutdown issues but who know maybe :) just out of curiosity someone may give it a try?

maybe an older version of iousbfamily drivers if that does not work... funny though, i never ever had those issues with ATI gfx card in the system... my theory is with nvidia gfx card+nforce chipset/(may be usb controller as well) all together

I will try it out on my test system when I get a moment.......thanks........ ;)

heyy Mysticus C!! <3

I tried what you say. In the post installation installer on the USB 2 Controll Fix part, I choose the new AppleEHIC instead of the PCGENEHIC. Reboot are working now. And my mouse did not freeze or anything like that for now. =] Will keep testing and let you know.

Thanks for the suggestion =D

Kelly

okie 4 hours of use, mouse not freezing or jumping around.

Next is stress test, which I will mouse the mouse at a rapid speed.

Will keep testing and post result. =]

Kelly <3

okie 4 hours of use, mouse not freezing or jumping around.

Next is stress test, which I will mouse the mouse at a rapid speed.

Will keep testing and post result. =]

Kelly <3

well it is funny :censored2:

what was the frequency of the mouse issue before so to compare better...

bcoz you say 4 hours no mouse issue yet, was it too often or just random? also, hopefully fingers crossed, coz i really dunno the outcome, sometime answers are found by randomly trying certain things, but knowing what you are doing, not like trying to fix a mouse issue with a wireless driver :whistle: u know what i mean...

well i hope it goes smooth, and this crazy mouse issue is gone... let people know the results after testing...

also in your signature, apple ehic? lol, it is AppleUSBEHCI latest... instead of pcgenusbehci... just to let you know...

6 hours now!!! yay =] No problem no problem yet hehe x]

I download some random games and did a stress test.

Warsaw [FPS 3D Shooter]

I played for an hour with my mouse going crazily and no problem!

Age of Empire 3

I played for a while and no problem found too.

World of Goo

Click alot in that game no mouse problem occur!!!

well i will still keep testing =]

The mouse issue before the patch is like it happens after few minute when I start my PC. After the patch I have no problem for 6 hour.

and thanks for the signature thing lol I'm not a pro on hackintish. =]

6 hours now!!! yay =] No problem no problem yet hehe x]

I download some random games and did a stress test.

Warsaw [FPS 3D Shooter]

I played for an hour with my mouse going crazily and no problem!

Age of Empire 3

I played for a while and no problem found too.

World of Goo

Click alot in that game no mouse problem occur!!!

well i will still keep testing =]

The mouse issue before the patch is like it happens after few minute when I start my PC. After the patch I have no problem for 6 hour.

and thanks for the signature thing lol I'm not a pro on hackintish. =]

looks like your results are promising :P

i hope others get the same results too... i see the light :D

looks like your results are promising :blink:

i hope others get the same results too... i see the light :)

Using AppleUSBEHCI has not stopped mouse scrolling problems in Adobe Reader i.e backward scrolling towards top of document produces gray horizontal bands across the window obscuring text but forward scrolling towards end of document is OK......still testing long term stability of mouse cursor......

the 8th hour it happens again while I was watching DVD. The theory of Mysticus C was right, is the graphic card problem. When ever the mouse issue begins the graphic lag so bad and DVD playback is very stuttering. I notice when the graphic stuttering has gone the mouse are stable again. Well, only for a few sec. =[

So yeah, all i can do now is to wait for the experts to fix this problem o.o

the 8th hour it happens again while I was watching DVD. The theory of Mysticus C was right, is the graphic card problem. When ever the mouse issue begins the graphic lag so bad and DVD playback is very stuttering. I notice when the graphic stuttering has gone the mouse are stable again. Well, only for a few sec. =[

So yeah, all i can do now is to wait for the experts to fix this problem o.o

Have you tried putting system to sleep, waiting a few minutes, and then waking it again......?

Have you tried putting system to sleep, waiting a few minutes, and then waking it again......?

humm I hope i can the sleep function doesn't work =[

humm I hope i can the sleep function doesn't work =[

I have a 650i Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus MOBO with Q6600 CPU running 0803 BIOS and sleep function works for me so far.....running Voodoo Beta 2C kernel and slashack nForceATA kext.....

humm i have a question. Is the NVinject and the NVdarwin the same?

yeah pretty much same...

sorry to hear about the mouse again...

my theory is that some sort of timer/sync issue is happening on nforce chipset itself (or together with nforceata driver) i think, triggering some mis sync and things going haywire...

if anyone of you have a pata hdd for a test? and eager to test something...

using old appleviaata trick. with the system only on pata hdd/dvd... (adding the device id of the nforce pata controller) and no sata attached...

i would like to see the result of that...

verdant? what do you think up for a challange? testing the system with only pata drives attached, and additing the device ids to appleviaata (which works faster than nforce ata :( )

yeah pretty much same...

sorry to hear about the mouse again...

my theory is that some sort of timer/sync issue is happening on nforce chipset itself (or together with nforceata driver) i think, triggering some mis sync and things going haywire...

if anyone of you have a pata hdd for a test? and eager to test something...

using old appleviaata trick. with the system only on pata hdd/dvd... (adding the device id of the nforce pata controller) and no sata attached...

i would like to see the result of that...

verdant? what do you think up for a challange? testing the system with only pata drives attached, and additing the device ids to appleviaata (which works faster than nforce ata :( )

It does appear to be a timing/synching issue......however I cannot test this myself as I only have SATA HDDs.......it may also be useful to drop back to a pre-Voodoo Beta 2C kernel that "worked" to get to see what happens over an 8 hour timeframe......

It does appear to be a timing/synching issue......however I cannot test this myself as I only have SATA HDDs.......it may also be useful to drop back to a pre-Voodoo Beta 2C kernel that "worked" to get to see what happens over an 8 hour timeframe......

I'll try that see how the pre-beta 2 kernel work. . =]

Also I don't have IDE drive either, only SATA. =[

try out the new VoodooXNU RC Kernel. I'm testing it out right now.

Let me know how you get on...... :)

same issue happens with the new kernel =[ So fast that it happens right after few minute of use. Awww >.<

Although I'm using a 780i motherboard, I also had mouse issues such as OSX running while USB mouse and keyboard would not respond/freeze.

The issue was being caused by the use of my motherboard's onboardLAN which I found out thanks to Verdant. Ever since he mentioned using a Netgear GA311 network card without issues, I did just and now it's been a day I haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Someone else in the Series 7 thread mentioned "turning off HPET in BIOS" fixing their problem, but I didn't try it.

Hope that info helps in some way. GL.

Ok, so i know that nobody will respond to this / reply, but i might as well give it a shot.

Im running idneb 10.5.5 on:

q6600

evga 680i lt

4gb ddr2 800mhz...

Everything works except i have to boot with cpus=1 every time. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Ok, so i know that nobody will respond to this / reply, but i might as well give it a shot.

Im running idneb 10.5.5 on:

q6600

evga 680i lt

4gb ddr2 800mhz...

Everything works except i have to boot with cpus=1 every time. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I am getting a feeling of deja vu....... :unsure: Did you use or try using OSx86DeFacto on a USB flash memory stick........I had hoped to hear back from you after PMing you the link?

Assuming you have checked your BIOS settings against the BIOS template 680i entry in post #1 in this topic for any incorrect settings, and they match the template OSX86 Settings column entries, then it could be kernel choice related......I assume you have tried 9.2.0 ToH Sleep kernel, Stage XNU 9.4.0, and Voodoo 9.5.0 RC1 (or previous Voodoo 9.5.0 Beta 2c)....or ACPI - APIC version related.....or be BIOS related as indicated here.......latter would be surprising as many EVGA nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO systems are running OS X successfully.....

same issue happens with the new kernel =[ So fast that it happens right after few minute of use. Awww >.<

Since as Mysticus and I suspect the erratic mouse behaviour that occurs after long periods of system running (even when not using onboard LAN with eno nForceLAN kext) is a timing/synching issue, it would be worth trying with HPET disabled in BIOS (although for users dual booting Vista doing so may not be desirable)...... :)

EDIT: Turning off HPET in BIOS does not seem to solve this problem for me...... :wacko:

BUT I got a response from MercurySquad:

The mouse bug is under investigation. It had been fixed in beta2 but seems to have reappeared in RC for some people. Until then try booting up with c1ramp=0 bootflag and see if it helps.
I am trying system booted with c1ramp=0 presently....... :)