Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

See post #1 in this thread for nForce Drivers package..... :huh:

Dear verdant and nz_mitch:

Now I can boot with -x option. I got nv9000series driver and NVdarwin 1.2.3. I installed nv9000series driver and reboot with-x .then installed NvDarwin. now I can reboot with no -x .but still without QE and CI .When I adjust from800x600 to other ,my screen become just blue. by the way ,I found a 9f23 installer package from internet, which says install the package and run EFI Studio to add device can make 9500GT works.but there is no option of 9500GT in the list ,is that means I need a newer version EFI studio sofware? Ok ,the second question is not the priority one.

And another question. When I install iDeneb 10.5.5 , I have to choose VIA fix .or I will encounter"still waiting for root device" ,no matter if I have choosed nforceATA fix.

Any suggestion? Really thanks .

Dear verdant and nz_mitch:

Now I can boot with -x option. I got nv9000series driver and NVdarwin 1.2.3. I installed nv9000series driver and reboot with-x .then installed NvDarwin. now I can reboot with no -x .but still without QE and CI .When I adjust from800x600 to other ,my screen become just blue. by the way ,I found a 9f23 installer package from internet, which says install the package and run EFI Studio to add device can make 9500GT works.but there is no option of 9500GT in the list ,is that means I need a newer version EFI studio sofware? Ok ,the second question is not the priority one.

And another question. When I install iDeneb 10.5.5 , I have to choose VIA fix .or I will encounter"still waiting for root device" ,no matter if I have choosed nforceATA fix.

Any suggestion? Really thanks .

1. Run the Mysticus C* 10.5.5 Post Combo Update Patch, choosing ONLY

Video

NVIDIA

NVinject

VRAM for your GFX card

PLUS

NVIDIA GFX Drivers NForce Fix

2. To get switchable resolutions on-the-fly, try swapping the monitor DVI or VGA (via VGA-to-DVI adapter) connector to the other DVI port on the GFX card.....

3. Do not have iDeneb 10.5.5 so cannot comment on VIA fix option......

1. Run the Mysticus C* Post Updater Patch choosing only Step 1 and Step 2

Step 1 - Patched NVDIA Drivers

Step 2 - NVdarwin GFX Memory

plus the correct VRAM for your GFX card

2. To get switchable resolutions on-the-fly, try swapping the monitor DVI or VGA (via VGA-to-DVI adapter) connector to the other DVI port on the GFX card.....

3. Do not have iDeneb 10.5.5 so cannot comment on VIA fix option......

Hi Verdant:

Thank you very much ! I am just trying it now. will update my result later.

Hi Verdant:

Thank you very much ! I am just trying it now. will update my result later.

If the above does not help, see the modified suggestion in my previous post.......

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have trouble with a Realtek 8139 based NIC? Since onboard lan doesn't work properly, I've always used this card, however with heavy network use the connection will drop and can only be fixed with a reboot. I just wanted to see if I'm the only one with that problem or if there are others.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have trouble with a Realtek 8139 based NIC? Since onboard lan doesn't work properly, I've always used this card, however with heavy network use the connection will drop and can only be fixed with a reboot. I just wanted to see if I'm the only one with that problem or if there are others.

Thanks

There are issues with the RTL8139 and Leopard, even on "real" Macs......see here.......

If the above does not help, see the modified suggestion in my previous post.......

Hi Verdant :

Thank you very much .but that dosen't work . System hang with "display:..match fails".

I am just trying to delet the kext from terminal. but after that how can I do to drive that 9500GT?

Hi Verdant :

Thank you very much .but that dosen't work . System hang with "display:..match fails".

I am just trying to delet the kext from terminal. but after that how can I do to drive that 9500GT?

What system are you running currently......OSX 10.5.2, or later.....this will determine what I suggest you do....

The vendor ID is the same for all of those strings, but the device ID isn't in any of them. How can I look this up on my iDeneb iso, where can I find the file to check the IDs? If they aren't in the list, can I add them?

anyone know what I can do about this..?

anyone know what I can do about this..?

Hi karafa,

I told you how in an earlier post......?

You can use Pacifist in OS X to find and extract the nForceATA and nForceATA (Test) kexts from the iDeneb iso AppleNForceATA.pkg, and then you can add your device IDs into the kexts' Info.plist files and patch the modified kexts back into the iso.....

Did you use Pacifist to search for AppleNForceATA.pkg?

Whoops, quoted the wrong post. I meant to ask about the 'No HFS partition found" when installing OSX to a PATA drive.. what can I do about that?

Check partitioning and formatting as MBR and mac OS Extended (Journaled) respectively.....

BTW re Pacifist the kexts are certainly on iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4, so would expect them to be on iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5........what did you decide to do in the end?

Pacifist_Extract_nForceATA.tiff

Forgive me if I'm a douche and this has already been solved, but I can't seem to find the solution

I can't for the life of me get my onboard ethernet connections to work forcedeth makes them recognizable, but they self-assign IP addresses, and even when I manually set it up the ports still remain useless.

Also, another minor issue that may just be dumbassedry on my part – the output of my 8800GT seems slightly degraded/pixelated but I'm guessing it's just the wrong NVinject install or something, but figured I'd mention it.

OS : Vista Ultimate 32-bit + Kalyway 10.5.2 (I run Vista on the same box, but on a completely different HD)

Mobo : MSI P6N Diamond 680i

Cpu : Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400 CPU @ 2.13GHz

Ram: 2GB DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory Corsair

VGA : XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog (512)

LAN : Onboard

USB Ports : 8xUSB 2.0 (Working)

Forgive me if I'm a douche and this has already been solved, but I can't seem to find the solution

I can't for the life of me get my onboard ethernet connections to work forcedeth makes them recognizable, but they self-assign IP addresses, and even when I manually set it up the ports still remain useless.

Also, another minor issue that may just be dumbassedry on my part – the output of my 8800GT seems slightly degraded/pixelated but I'm guessing it's just the wrong NVinject install or something, but figured I'd mention it.

OS : Vista Ultimate 32-bit + Kalyway 10.5.2 (I run Vista on the same box, but on a completely different HD)

Mobo : MSI P6N Diamond 680i

Cpu : Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400 CPU @ 2.13GHz

Ram: 2GB DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory Corsair

VGA : XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog (512)

LAN : Onboard

USB Ports : 8xUSB 2.0 (Working)

Try eno's nForceLAN.kext with Voodoo Beta 2C kernel......but you will need to check that your device ID is in the kext Info.plist.....see post #1 in this thread.......if it does not work properly for you then suggest you get a RTL8169 chipset PCI NIC..... :thumbsup_anim:

There are many threads for 8800GT GFX cards.......best way to search is to use Google but with InasnelyMac as a search term with 8800GT......also read this thread through and my Series 7 thread too....... :)

Try eno's nForceLAN.kext with Voodoo Beta 2C kernel......but you will need to check that your device ID is in the kext Info.plist.....see post #1 in this thread.......if it does not work properly for you then suggest you get a RTL8169 chipset PCI NIC..... :P

There are many threads for 8800GT GFX cards.......best way to search is to use Google but with InasnelyMac as a search term with 8800GT......also read this thread through and my Series 7 thread too....... :)

OMG verdant please have my babies! it worked!

Oh no, hold on keep your pants on – it worked for like 30 mins, and defaulted back to a static IP and stopped working, any suggestions?

Oh no, hold on keep your pants on – it worked for like 30 mins, and defaulted back to a static IP and stopped working, any suggestions?

1. Does the latest 0.62.3n beta_osx nForceLAN.kext definitely include your onboard LAN Info.plist IOPCIPrimaryMatch vendor/device ID string?

2. Have you also tried the Info.plist OptimizationMode as 0 (0 = throughput, 1 = cpu)?

If you turn off the ethernet connection in Network Preferences panel, and then turn it back on again after at least 30 seconds does it pull in a new IP address from your modem/router? Also try with IPv6 turned off.......

1. Does the latest 0.62.3n beta_osx nForceLAN.kext definitely include your onboard LAN Info.plist IOPCIPrimaryMatch vendor/device ID string?

2. Have you also tried the Info.plist OptimizationMode as 1 (0 = throughput, 1 = cpu)?

If you turn off the ethernet connection in Network Preferences panel, and then turn it back on again after at least 30 seconds does it pull in a new IP address from your modem/router? Also try with IPv6 turned off.......

damn, don't kill me (blonde alert) – but I have no idea how to figure out one or two! Some more searching for me I guess!

When I turn off the connection it just uses the static IP again (also with IPv6 off), but when I restart it'll use the DHCP IP from the router again

damn, don't kill me (blonde alert) – but I have no idea how to figure out one or two! Some more searching for me I guess!

When I turn off the connection it just uses the static IP again (also with IPv6 off), but when I restart it'll use the DHCP IP from the router again

OK......first of all you need to download and run DPCI Manager to identify your onboard LAN vendor and device IDs......

Then you can download the 0.62.3n beta_osx nForceLAN.kext onto your desktop and right-click on the kext icon, selecting "Show Package Contents", open Contents folder in the window that pops up and right-click on Info.plist, selecting Open with......hopefully you will see Text edit at least, or TextMate, or Property List Editor......scroll down the open info.plist file until you find <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> and look at the data between <string> and </string>......which be in the form of 0x037210de&0xfffeffff 0x003810de etc.

If not download TextWrangler......

The OptimizationMode entry is further down in the Info.plist.....

<key>OptimizationMode</key>

<integer>1</integer>

You can use TextWrangler to add your vendor and device IDs if necessary and change the OptimizationMode to 0 and back to 1 again if it makes no difference....just save the the modified Info.plist file.......then you can add this modded kext to /System/Library/Extensions using Kext Helper b7..... :huh:

OK......first of all you need to download and run DPCI Manager to identify your onboard LAN vendor and device IDs......

Then you can download the 0.62.3n beta_osx nForceLAN.kext onto your desktop and right-click on the kext icon, selecting "Show Package Contents", open Contents folder in the window that pops up and right-click on Info.plist, selecting Open with......hopefully you will see Text edit at least, or TextMate, or Property List Editor......scroll down the open info.plist file until you find <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> and look at the data between <string> and </string>......which be in the form of 0x037210de&0xfffeffff 0x003810de etc.

If not download TextWrangler......

aw {censored}! it's not in there! damn I feel so close too

aw {censored}! it's not in there! damn I feel so close too

What did DPCI Manager list for you.......?

it has my two ethernet ports listed as 10de:0373 Nvidia MCP55 Ethernet

OK download this zipped modded kext and unzip it, then use Kext Helper b7 to install it......also download Mysticus C* nForce Drivers Installer v1.2 (see post #1 in this topic) and install the Voodoo Beta 2C kernel and the nForceATA kext.......

Also you will need to inactivate the installed nForceLAN.kext by going into Terminal

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo mv nForceLAN.kext nForceLAN.kext.orig

exit

Here is what I bought: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...AIN#detailspecs

I have a seagate 160gb IDE harddrive and a lite-on dvd-rw drive. I've tried iDeneb, Kalyway, iAtkos v1 and v4, Leo4All, and iDeneb and Kalyway are the only two that even load the installer; Leo4All just makes it restart over and over, so does iAtkos.

I just need to know which installer to use (Kalyway 10.5.2) or (iDeneb 10.5.5), i have the forcedeth patched iDeneb v1.3 iso as well. I need to know what options to choose so it gets past both the restart loop and the white apple screen (white apple screen just sat there after I used Kalyway, iDeneb just does the restart loop). please help! if you need any more info on my specs please ask.

Here is what I bought: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...AIN#detailspecs

I have a seagate 160gb IDE harddrive and a lite-on dvd-rw drive. I've tried iDeneb, Kalyway, iAtkos v1 and v4, Leo4All, and iDeneb and Kalyway are the only two that even load the installer; Leo4All just makes it restart over and over, so does iAtkos.

I just need to know which installer to use (Kalyway 10.5.2) or (iDeneb 10.5.5), i have the forcedeth patched iDeneb v1.3 iso as well. I need to know what options to choose so it gets past both the restart loop and the white apple screen (white apple screen just sat there after I used Kalyway, iDeneb just does the restart loop). please help! if you need any more info on my specs please ask.

Always boot the DVD Installer with -v to show on-screen error messages.......I assume you have not increased the RAM above 1GB.......is the Lite-On DVDRW a SATA or PATA (IDE) drive?

I suggest you use Kalyway 10.5.2......look at my blog Kalyway 10.5.2 install guide........ initially do not select any video, audio and network options in the Installer Customize menu.......report back how you get on following my guide, taking note of the BIOS settings required......yours may not be exactly the same so you may need to post here what your BIOS parameters are, what their setting options are, and what the parameters are set to currently.......there are examples of this in both my nForce topic threads..... :D

I tried Kalyway again with a different kernel (modbin i think?) and it got to the while apple screen and the little thing below the apple that looks like its spinning when it loads came up (previously just the white apple screen came up and just sat there), but it just does that forever; I did -v and it stops at this: MAC Framework successfully initialized using 4587 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers. I'm going to try to follow your kalyway install and see if I can get anywhere. my bios settings are power is on "S1", AHCI is enabled and IDE is the Harddrive mode, there really arent that many other bios settings. my dvd rom is IDE.