Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

I tried Kalyway again with a different kernel (modbin i think?) and it got to the while apple screen and the little thing below the apple that looks like its spinning when it loads came up (previously just the white apple screen came up and just sat there), but it just does that forever; I did -v and it stops at this: MAC Framework successfully initialized using 4587 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers. I'm going to try to follow your kalyway install and see if I can get anywhere. my bios settings are power is on "S1", AHCI is enabled and IDE is the Harddrive mode, there really arent that many other bios settings. my dvd rom is IDE.

Let me know how you get on following my Kalyway install.....you also need in BIOS to set

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

Also using a USB keyboard/mouse is recommended......

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?aut...284&eid=412

the part down the page where it says 'Part I - Clean install of Leopard 10.5.2 via Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD', correct? thank you for the prompt replies, btw:)

Yep...... ;)

I've tried running iAtkos 1.0 and 4.0 and both stop on the -v screen at 'extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencie s on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style. I've also tried the Leo4All image and that one starts going thru the running procedures and then just restarts the computer. help!

just for kicks i decided to try iDeneb 10.5.4, followed your guide in that same topic, and got the same things: "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencie s on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style and then it stops after: mac framework successfully initialized, using 3932 buffer headers and 3932 cluster IO buffer headers

just for kicks i decided to try iDeneb 10.5.4, followed your guide in that same topic, and got the same things: "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencie s on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style and then it stops after: mac framework successfully initialized, using 3932 buffer headers and 3932 cluster IO buffer headers

Hi there

These buffer headers and cluster IO buffer headers "errors" can apparently be caused by a "bad bios" requiring a modified kernel ( or a modified BIOS), or by mismatched ACPI and APIC versions.....

The fact that you are getting similar errors with different OSx86 distros may suggest a "bad bios"

Try booting with "-v platform=ACPI|86PC" without quotes

Also try the "bad bios" version of iATKOSv1.0ir3 found here......

should I get a bios flash and try to reflash the bios? ill try that -v command first

Try first of all:

1) booting with "-v platform=ACPI|86PC" without quotes

and

2) the "bad bios" version of iATKOSv1.0ir3 found here......

i tried booting with that -v parameter on the last iDeneb 10.5.4 install i did and it still gave me the same things again. i downloaded that patch but i only have iAtkos v1.0ir3, i don't have "ir2". i have iAtkos v4 as well but that wouldn't even get past 'still looking for root device'

i tried booting with that -v parameter on the last iDeneb 10.5.4 install i did and it still gave me the same things again. i downloaded that patch but i only have iAtkos v1.0ir3, i don't have "ir2". i have iAtkos v4 as well but that wouldn't even get past 'still looking for root device'

Are you saying you used platform=ACPI|86PC without success?

The BadBIOS patch, as described in the Readme in the zip, can be applied to a regular iAtkos v1.0ir3 .iso to give a new BADBIOS paatched iAtkos v1.0ir3.......you need to read the posts in the link I gave in an earlier post.....

Edit: Oops my error.... :) It can be applied to v1.0ir2.....to quote here correctly:

The BadBIOS patch, as described in the Readme in the zip, is applied _after_ the EqUaTe1 patch

yes, i used "platform=ACPI|86PC" and it didn't work, stopped at "mac framework successfully initialized, using 3932 buffer headers and 3932 cluster IO buffer headers" again. I will try and patch my iAtkos v1.0ir3 with the badbios patch i downloaded and see if it works, but I've tried to run both iAtkos iso's i have (1.0ir3 and 4.0) and neither will even run the installer, they just hang on the -v screen after a while.

I downloaded and burned iAtkos 2.0 and was going to try and follow your tutorial for installing that, but that installer won't run either. I patched my ir3 with the badbios patch and it gave me an error when i tried to run the dvd, said it couldnt find a file, so obviously the patching didnt work. im getting really frustrated here lol

My first post on this forum and this is for a success.

I want to thank you verdant for this thread. Helps me a lot. And of course, Mysticus for the patcher. It seems to be a full success for me.

Here is my config :

Motherboard : eVGA Nforce 680i SLi - Socket 775

Cpu : Core 2 Duo E6600, 2,4GHZ

DVD : DVDRW IDE

Hard-Drive : 1 SATA Western Digital 40go (Vista installed on it), 1 SATA Western Digital 200go (Used for my game on Vista), 1 IDE 120Go (Old one, i used this one for the mac). No Partition

Ram : 4go

Graphic Card : 9800GTX 512mb

SoundCard : Onboard

Others : Wacom Tablet Intuos 3, HpOfficeJet6310

Distribution used : iDeneb v1,3 10.5.5

And everything seems to work and up-to-date.

Here the process i used (maybe it will be usefull for someone) :

1/ Burn the iDened v1,3 10.5.5

2/ During the install, it seems that the installer only see my IDE drive. When i used the disk utilities, my other disk was here but grey and i can't selected them. I was in luck on this part since this two disk are for my vista.

3/ During the customized part, i check XNU Kernel. Check nothing in the network part. And check nForceATA (the old one not the test one in the iDeneb install) and check nvinject 512mb for my card.

4/ The install goes like a charm.....

5/ On the reboot and my first log on the desktop, my SATA was there (surely because i check nForceATA during the install). My network wasn't working (of course since i have install nothing for it^^). And my card was not recognize.

6/ I install the nForce patch made by Mysticus. During the install, the os warn me that he have discover two new ethernet port. After that, i restart my computer.

7/ On the log, check my graphic card and tadam, the good name (9800GTX) was here. Check internet and it was working perfectly.

8/ I want to make the last update from apple but during the update my mouse freeze (i know this is only the mouse because i could see the animation of the downloader). Bad things, since this was the issue that blocking me before. I reboot my computer.

I deactivate the sleep fonction. Putting the sleep to never and uncheck the one that put the hdd to sleep. I don't know if this is related but after that i have make all the update with no issue and no more mouse freezing for the moment. I cross finger. If the mouse stop again, i will post again here i think. Maybe something to change in my bios settings.

Thanks again for this good thread !!!

My first post on this forum and this is for a success.

I want to thank you verdant for this thread. Helps me a lot. And of course, Mysticus for the patcher. It seems to be a full success for me.

Here is my config :

Motherboard : eVGA Nforce 680i SLi - Socket 775

Cpu : Core 2 Duo E6600, 2,4GHZ

DVD : DVDRW IDE

Hard-Drive : 1 SATA Western Digital 40go (Vista installed on it), 1 SATA Western Digital 200go (Used for my game on Vista), 1 IDE 120Go (Old one, i used this one for the mac). No Partition

Ram : 4go

Graphic Card : 9800GTX 512mb

SoundCard : Onboard

Others : Wacom Tablet Intuos 3, HpOfficeJet6310

Distribution used : iDeneb v1,3 10.5.5

And everything seems to work and up-to-date.

Here the process i used (maybe it will be usefull for someone) :

1/ Burn the iDened v1,3 10.5.5

2/ During the install, it seems that the installer only see my IDE drive. When i used the disk utilities, my other disk was here but grey and i can't selected them. I was in luck on this part since this two disk are for my vista.

3/ During the customized part, i check XNU Kernel. Check nothing in the network part. And check nForceATA (the old one not the test one in the iDeneb install) and check nvinject 512mb for my card.

4/ The install goes like a charm.....

5/ On the reboot and my first log on the desktop, my SATA was there (surely because i check nForceATA during the install). My network wasn't working (of course since i have install nothing for it^^). And my card was not recognize.

6/ I install the nForce patch made by Mysticus. During the install, the os warn me that he have discover two new ethernet port. After that, i restart my computer.

7/ On the log, check my graphic card and tadam, the good name (9800GTX) was here. Check internet and it was working perfectly.

8/ I want to make the last update from apple but during the update my mouse freeze (i know this is only the mouse because i could see the animation of the downloader). Bad things, since this was the issue that blocking me before. I reboot my computer.

I deactivate the sleep fonction. Putting the sleep to never and uncheck the one that put the hdd to sleep. I don't know if this is related but after that i have make all the update with no issue and no more mouse freezing for the moment. I cross finger. If the mouse stop again, i will post again here i think. Maybe something to change in my bios settings.

Thanks again for this good thread !!!

Glad the thread has helped you...... :D

I strongly suspect the mouse freezing is network related.......probably the nForceLAN kext.....did you choose OpitimizationMode 0 or OptimizationMode 1 version of nForceLAN in the Mysticus nForce Drivers Installer v1.2.....?

hey man could you please help me figure out what to do next?

I have PMd you......

Glad the thread has helped you...... :)

I strongly suspect the mouse freezing is network related.......probably the nForceLAN kext.....did you choose OpitimizationMode 0 or OptimizationMode 1 version of nForceLAN in the Mysticus nForce Drivers Installer v1.2.....?

I used Optimization Mode 0 like you show on the screen...

Do i have to try with Mode 1 ?

I used Optimization Mode 0 like you show on the screen...

Do i have to try with Mode 1 ?

It may be worth a try as eno says Mode 1 made his system more stable although weekender says Mode 0 makes his more stable. That is why I asked Mysticus to include both options in his installer.

It should be OK but just check that your vendor/device ID is in the kext Info.plist....

I just test it.

Result :

With Optimization Mode 0, i have freeze every 1h30/2h sometimes more...

With Optimization Mode 1, i have freeze every five minutes^^...

I think i will stay on Mode 0 :D

An idea to fix the freeze totally? Or do i have to live with it?

Thanks again for your help :)

I just test it.

Result :

With Optimization Mode 0, i have freeze every 1h30/2h sometimes more...

With Optimization Mode 1, i have freeze every five minutes^^...

I think i will stay on Mode 0 :D

An idea to fix the freeze totally? Or do i have to live with it?

Thanks again for your help :D

Sorry, I have no answer for fixing the periodic freezing......I still rely on my RTL8169 PCI Ethernet card for no freezes...... ^_^

I successfully patched iAtkos ir2 with the equate patch, but does this just make it ir3? i already ir3 and that one and it didnt run the installer, got stuck at 'still waiting for root device'

your problem is your device ids either missing or unsupported by the nforceata drivers... try verdants flash boot method...

bad bios patch is only for if you are stuck at buffer messages...

and do not PM me again unless I ask you to...

I finally found your topic! Yay LOL x]

I have problems with my USB wireless mouse. Which comes with the keyboard call Logitech coreless Desktop MX3000.

I do not have this problem with 10.5.1 - 10.5.4 but only happens on 10.5.5. Weird O.O

My keyboard is perfectly working and my mouse was fine at first, after a while it just out of control, jumping everywhere and sometimes it stuck. Scrolling works perfectly but the mouse just don't work. I can't control it.

I've tried plug in a usb wired optical mouse and the samething happen. Scrolling works but cant control the mouse.

Do you know a solution to this problem? From what I've heard from Mysticus C this is caused by the nforce mobo and the GFX. So I was wondering do you have this problem or know the solution for it? o.O

Thank You =]

Kelly