Slimbuild - Boot-132 CD Creator for OS X

munky

342 posts in this topic

Not sure what the problem is, but I can't get a working copy. The CD boots just as before, but I( can't get it to activate the install DVD.

I copied the boot.plist, kernel and Extensions from the previous slimbuild directory. The cd is puilt without problem and I burn it using disk utility just as before.

When I boot the CD I het F8 and then Esc. I insert the dvd and wait until the activity stops and press enter. When the dvd responds I hit F8 and then at the boot prompt enter rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo -v rd=disk1s3 just as I did with the previous slimbuild.

The dvd spins, the lights flash and then it's back at the dvd prompt.

I din't know what I am missing - must be too tired. Going to bed!

Update I just created a CD with the original Slimbuild and with v1.9.1. To mee it appears that there is a structural difference between the two.

original slimbuild
/dev/disk5
#:					   TYPE NAME					SIZE	   IDENTIFIER
0:		CD_partition_scheme						*7.6 Mi	 disk5
1:	 Apple_partition_scheme						 6.6 Mi	 disk5s1
2:		Apple_partition_map						 31.5 Ki	disk5s1s1
3:				  Apple_HFS SlimBuild-Preboot	   6.5 Mi	 disk5s1s2

slimbuildv1.9.1
/dev/disk5
#:					   TYPE NAME					SIZE	   IDENTIFIER
0:		CD_partition_scheme						*2.0 Mi	 disk5
1:		Apple_partition_map						 31.5 Ki	disk5s1s1
2:	 Apple_partition_scheme						 1.7 Mi	 disk5s1
3:				  Apple_HFS SlimBuild-Preboot	   1.7 Mi	 disk5s1s2

don't know if this is useful or not.

The disks are the same save for the fact you didn't include the kernel on the ramdisk on one where as you included a kernel on the other. What you can do to get around the issues with finding the right dvd is just use a UUID for the disk. In your boot.plist you can specify not only where to find the kernel, but you can also specify a uuid with the boot-uuid=UUIDSTRING. To find the UUID string of your DVD simply open up Disk Utility with the retail disk inserted right click on the mounted volume not the cd drive itself mind you and click Information. You will find its Universal Unique Identifier there which for example is 25914D83-A723-3C37-BA4A-89937B13492B for my MacBook Pro Recovery Disk. feed that UUID to the kernel via the boot.plist as a kernel flag of boot-uuid=25914D83-A723-3C37-BA4A-89937B13492B and add in a -v for good measure and you should be good to go. On the kernel line in the boot.plist change it from simply "mach_kernel" to "rd(0,1)/mach_kernel" and it will automatically default to using the kernel you specified in the ramdisk. Rebuild your disk with the modified plist and then follow the same steps you did before only instead of entering any rd= flags or the location of the kernel you can simply hit enter at the second boot prompt after selecting 9F at the hex code chooser the bootloader will automatically search for and initiate the boot from the UUID it was given (which is your retail disk UUID) and should _hopefully_ given the right kexts, boot up.

"Apple_partition_scheme" ?!?

uh-oh.....

The apple partition map is perfectly acceptable for use in this case as the el torito boot mode is in use and its a cd file system. the apple partition map is only a layout guide for the partition scheme like guid is. no harm no foul. the meat of the disk is an HFS partition and the ramdisk is also apple partition map and is an HFS partition and neither have issues so long as a bootloader is properly set.

The disks are the same save for the fact you didn't include the kernel on the ramdisk on one where as you included a kernel on the other. What you can do to get around the issues with finding the right dvd is just use a UUID for the disk. In your boot.plist you can specify not only where to find the kernel, but you can also specify a uuid with the boot-uuid=UUIDSTRING. To find the UUID string of your DVD simply open up Disk Utility with the retail disk inserted right click on the mounted volume not the cd drive itself mind you and click Information. You will find its Universal Unique Identifier there which for example is 25914D83-A723-3C37-BA4A-89937B13492B for my MacBook Pro Recovery Disk. feed that UUID to the kernel via the boot.plist as a kernel flag of boot-uuid=25914D83-A723-3C37-BA4A-89937B13492B and add in a -v for good measure and you should be good to go. On the kernel line in the boot.plist change it from simply "mach_kernel" to "rd(0,1)/mach_kernel" and it will automatically default to using the kernel you specified in the ramdisk. Rebuild your disk with the modified plist and then follow the same steps you did before only instead of entering any rd= flags or the location of the kernel you can simply hit enter at the second boot prompt after selecting 9F at the hex code chooser the bootloader will automatically search for and initiate the boot from the UUID it was given (which is your retail disk UUID) and should _hopefully_ given the right kexts, boot up.

The apple partition map is perfectly acceptable for use in this case as the el torito boot mode is in use and its a cd file system. the apple partition map is only a layout guide for the partition scheme like guid is. no harm no foul. the meat of the disk is an HFS partition and the ramdisk is also apple partition map and is an HFS partition and neither have issues so long as a bootloader is properly set.

I don't appear to communicate too well late at night. I have all the things you mentioned already in my Boot.plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>"1280x1024x24"</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo_b1</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v boot-uuid=C71B1D31-CD17-36E5-A60E-B4555F0708F8</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>7</string>
	<key>device-properties</key>

It is the same Boot.plist I used with the original slimbuild.

Now, for the kernel included in the ramdisk. What you said sounds correct for the symptoms I saw, but I did put a kernel in the slimbuildv1.9.1/Kernel directory.

Rainbow:~ lrh$ ls -l /Users/lrh/slimbuildv1.9.1/Kernel
total 9912
-rwxr-xr-x  1 lrh  staff  5072156 Oct  9 10:17 mach_kernel.voodoo_b1

did I miss something? Is there something new I need to do with this slimbuild script?

Hmm.. I just mounted the initrd image from the iso. It did NOT have a kernel. How could I have missed that? My bad :(

@ ~Galaxy

OK! I found it. you hard coded mach_kernel in the script values.

I changed the value as follows:

XNU="${XNUDIR}/mach_kernel*"

which allows kernel names that identify the version. I checked the resulting initrd image and the kernel is there. Now, off to test it.

Hi Galaxy!

First of all, I want to thank you for all the great work you did with slilmbuild!

Second, I have a few problems:

I already have a (kalyway) hackintosh and i know which files i need for my boot 123 disc. But some of these files are not .kext files.

- To let my ethernet card work (a D-link DGE-528T), i have a Realtek R1000 kext. But i also had to modify Networkinterfaces.plist to let my card work. Can I add this to my boot-123 cd (with slimbuild) or can I just add it to the system files in my hackintosh?

- To let OpenGL work, i have a special OpenGL.framework folder, which has to be put in /system/library/frameworks. Can I also add this to my boot-123 cd (with slimbuild) or can I add this to the system files in my hackintosh?

- And last one, i have an Intel Core 2 Duo, so I can use a clean vanilla install. Do I need to put a "normal" mach.kernel in the kernel folder or will it add a vanilla kernel by default to the cd?

Sorry if those are some noob questions, i'm still a beginner at boot-123 and slimbuild ;).

OK. Many, many tests later, some results, commentary and opinion.

I have been running the voodoo-beta1 kernel. However, using that kernel on the boot-132 CD I had a hang with a repeating message about no HPET. This was caused by a bad checksum on the Extensions.mkext. I also tried the voodoo-alpha13 kernel and got the same result. to get past the bad checksum problem I had to boot the system using the modbin, 9.4, kernel and build the iso there.

This is opinion/commentary. There are some usability issues with the way the kernel is processed. At present, it is hard coded as mach_kernel. I think it would be better to just accept whatever name is used in the Kernel directory. If I add an "*" to the end of the mach_kernel line in the script it will locate and use the kernel I place there. However, this causes the script to relocate the kernel. The next time I try to run the script I need to populate the Kernel directory again. If I don't use the "*", I need to edit the script each time I change the kernel name.

More commentary. I see the directories in the PreviousBuilds directory. However, to locate the latest one or the one prior to that, I need to switch Finder to a list mode and sort on date. You might consider using a time stamp suffix, as TimeMachine does, such as "2008-10-13-160028" which would keep them in order and understandable in Finder icon mode.

More commentary. I don't understand the logic of adding the session suffix to the files inside the PreviousBuilds session directories. Since the files are already grouped for that specific session. Won't that be a problem if you wish to reprocess that session?

Back to the kernels for a moment. Would it be possible, without unreasonable effort, to allow multiple kernels? It is sometimes useful to have the main one being used pointed to by the Boot.plist and an extra for special needs, that can be accessed using rd(0,1)/kernel-name. Just a thought.

By the way, I don't want to come off as negative here. I think this is a great piece of work.

Can anyone point me to some how-to guide?

I am a bit confused here. I am getting some com.Apple.boot.plist error.

Liked the whole idea ;)

thanks to ~Galaxy, munky and everyone involved in it :thumbsup_anim:

Could you be a bit more specific about what you need.

Boot.plist errors, about what? What have you tried/done so far? Are you trying to boot a retail install dvd or what?

OK. Many, many tests later, some results, commentary and opinion.

I have been running the voodoo-beta1 kernel. However, using that kernel on the boot-132 CD I had a hang with a repeating message about no HPET. This was caused by a bad checksum on the Extensions.mkext. I also tried the voodoo-alpha13 kernel and got the same result. to get past the bad checksum problem I had to boot the system using the modbin, 9.4, kernel and build the iso there.

This is opinion/commentary. There are some usability issues with the way the kernel is processed. At present, it is hard coded as mach_kernel. I think it would be better to just accept whatever name is used in the Kernel directory. If I add an "*" to the end of the mach_kernel line in the script it will locate and use the kernel I place there. However, this causes the script to relocate the kernel. The next time I try to run the script I need to populate the Kernel directory again. If I don't use the "*", I need to edit the script each time I change the kernel name.

More commentary. I see the directories in the PreviousBuilds directory. However, to locate the latest one or the one prior to that, I need to switch Finder to a list mode and sort on date. You might consider using a time stamp suffix, as TimeMachine does, such as "2008-10-13-160028" which would keep them in order and understandable in Finder icon mode.

More commentary. I don't understand the logic of adding the session suffix to the files inside the PreviousBuilds session directories. Since the files are already grouped for that specific session. Won't that be a problem if you wish to reprocess that session?

Back to the kernels for a moment. Would it be possible, without unreasonable effort, to allow multiple kernels? It is sometimes useful to have the main one being used pointed to by the Boot.plist and an extra for special needs, that can be accessed using rd(0,1)/kernel-name. Just a thought.

By the way, I don't want to come off as negative here. I think this is a great piece of work.

All very good idea's I am already working on for 2.0. I had it stamp on the session string to everything just in case people mixed and matched the files if they were doing a more intensive project. I think by default i am just going to switch 2.0 to PROMPT mode in order to bypass previousbuild and include instructions on how to reenable it. its a more advanced function that really isn't necessary for _most_ users mainly only those who are doing multiple builds.

The issue I'm having with a few things is the naming conventions for including multiple files within certain scopes which is why i hard coded things the way i did. The names for the plist and kernel for example are also for consistence with what the bootloader is expecting to find. I have been working on extending the functionality to allow for more of a fudge factor in that respect however i decided to play it safe with those files in particular simply because i am not sure what the bootloader would do in regards to them. Definitely multiple kernels is doable though why anyone else would want multiple kernels when voodoo exists is beyond me :) you can get around that kernel issue by simply modifying the path for the kernel with a * the checksum issue has to do with the cpuid patcher in the kernel. This is being worked on at the moment and a few people seem to have this issue so its being looked at though i don't think its any fault of the bootloader as its doing what its supposed to.

Hi Galaxy!

First of all, I want to thank you for all the great work you did with slilmbuild!

Second, I have a few problems:

I already have a (kalyway) hackintosh and i know which files i need for my boot 123 disc. But some of these files are not .kext files.

- To let my ethernet card work (a D-link DGE-528T), i have a Realtek R1000 kext. But i also had to modify Networkinterfaces.plist to let my card work. Can I add this to my boot-123 cd (with slimbuild) or can I just add it to the system files in my hackintosh?

- To let OpenGL work, i have a special OpenGL.framework folder, which has to be put in /system/library/frameworks. Can I also add this to my boot-123 cd (with slimbuild) or can I add this to the system files in my hackintosh?

- And last one, i have an Intel Core 2 Duo, so I can use a clean vanilla install. Do I need to put a "normal" mach.kernel in the kernel folder or will it add a vanilla kernel by default to the cd?

Sorry if those are some noob questions, i'm still a beginner at boot-123 and slimbuild :thumbsup_anim: .

Unfortunately some of those files will need to be installed after you finish the upgrades. Is it possible that your system can work without those files until you are able to reinstall? there is no way to use files such as this from a preboot disk though it is an intriguing idea to load frameworks from an alternative location the networking interfaces plist is also a no go more than likely since it is in a folder that wouldn't normally be manipulatable from a prebooting platform. hopefully this helps. using the proper kexts you shoul be able to at least get it installed and working enough to do those necessary modifications ;)

Unfortunately some of those files will need to be installed after you finish the upgrades. Is it possible that your system can work without those files until you are able to reinstall? there is no way to use files such as this from a preboot disk though it is an intriguing idea to load frameworks from an alternative location the networking interfaces plist is also a no go more than likely since it is in a folder that wouldn't normally be manipulatable from a prebooting platform. hopefully this helps. using the proper kexts you shoul be able to at least get it installed and working enough to do those necessary modifications :)

Can i only add the .kext files to my preboot cd and add the networkinterfaces.plist + the opengl.framework to the system folders in my mac?

So I first install with boot-123 (which has all the .kext files) mac os X on my hard drive. And AFTER the installation, i put the networkinterfaces.plist and the opengl.framework in the system folders of my mac (so I won't install them on the cd, but directly in my hackintosh).

Also, do i need to put a kernel in the "kernel" folder if I can do a normal Vanilla install (my third question :)).

Can i only add the .kext files to my preboot cd and add the networkinterfaces.plist + the opengl.framework to the system folders in my mac?

So I first install with boot-123 (which has all the .kext files) mac os X on my hard drive. And AFTER the installation, i put the networkinterfaces.plist and the opengl.framework in the system folders of my mac (so I won't install them on the cd, but directly in my hackintosh).

Also, do i need to put a kernel in the "kernel" folder if I can do a normal Vanilla install (my third question :) ).

Nope if you can use vanilla then you don't need a hacked kernel at all but you can include one if you like. Just be aware of the limitation on the name for the kernel and bootplist as they must be mach_kernel and com.apple.Boot.plist respectively. Other than that you should be good to go. I don't know how well that OpenGL framework will fare but its worth a try.

Also, do i need to put a kernel in the "kernel" folder if I can do a normal Vanilla install (my third question :)).

As far as i know thats correct.

I couldent get my graphic to work correct straight from the boot so i needed to change opengl.framework etc on the system, hope there will be a better solution to this in future becouse it will break if there will be changes in the new updates from apple.

and if you use vanilla kernel you dont need to put it in the kernel, but doesnt hurt to put diffrent kernels in there as you can just override the boot up if you want to test other kernel from same boot cd.

Could you be a bit more specific about what you need.

Boot.plist errors, about what? What have you tried/done so far? Are you trying to boot a retail install dvd or what?

I have created the boot CD using slimbuildv1.9.1.

When I boot with this CD it shows the darwin botoloader, "...press enter to install or F8 for the boot menu" type message.

Then whatever I do, is shows some error regarding com.Apple.boot.plist could not be found.

I tried swapping the Leo DVD and then press enter or whatever, it doesn't work.

and yes, I have a retail Leopard DVD (10.5.0).

I need to know, how to use the boot-132 CD and then when to swap the DVD and continue the installation.

Nope if you can use vanilla then you don't need a hacked kernel at all but you can include one if you like. Just be aware of the limitation on the name for the kernel and bootplist as they must be mach_kernel and com.apple.Boot.plist respectively. Other than that you should be good to go. I don't know how well that OpenGL framework will fare but its worth a try.

K thanks, i think the open gl framework and networkinterfaces.plist will work, i'm just worried it could break my install if there are any apple updates (like 10.5.6 or further)...

But anyway, thanks for the help :D

When I boot with this CD it shows the darwin botoloader, "...press enter to install or F8 for the boot menu" type message.

Then whatever I do, is shows some error regarding com.Apple.boot.plist could not be found.

I need to know, how to use the boot-132 CD and then when to swap the DVD and continue the installation.

OK. I think I understand better now. I will try to explain it. If anyone catches me in an error, by all means, post the corrections.

When you get to the first boot-132 CD prompt, press F8. You should see a message referencing the boot-132 partitions. Then, press Esc. That should give you a prompt asking for a drive identifier like 80, 81 with the default [9f].

Now, eject the boot-132 cd and insert the retail install dvd. When the dvd drive activity light goes out indicating the dvd is ready, press Enter. In a few seconds, you should see a prompt from the install dvd. It should reference pressing F8. Press F8.

Now, you should see another prompt referencing the install dvd partition. At this point, you need to enter your kernel flags etc..

If your system will boot the vanilla kernel on the install dvd you should enter something like the following:

-f rd=diskXsY

where X = the disk number as it would appear in a diskutil list, and Y = the part of the dvd to boot. This tells the boot loader it is the dvd you wish to boot. For me, this has always been "disk1s3".

If you placed a patched kernel in the Kernel directory when you built the boot-132 iso then you will need to enter something like:

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel  -v  rd=diskXsY

The front part of the above tells the boot loader to look in the root of the initrd image for a kernel named mach_kernel. The rest of the command was explained above.

for more detailed guides, look at the topics in the New Releases & Updates there are several from which to select.

OK. I think I understand better now. I will try to explain it. If anyone catches me in an error, by all means, post the corrections.

When you get to the first boot-132 CD prompt, press F8. You should see a message referencing the boot-132 partitions. Then, press Esc. That should give you a prompt asking for a drive identifier like 80, 81 with the default [9f].

Now, eject the boot-132 cd and insert the retail install dvd. When the dvd drive activity light goes out indicating the dvd is ready, press Enter. In a few seconds, you should see a prompt from the install dvd. It should reference pressing F8. Press F8.

Now, you should see another prompt referencing the install dvd partition. At this point, you need to enter your kernel flags etc..

If your system will boot the vanilla kernel on the install dvd you should enter something like the following:

-f rd=diskXsY

where X = the disk number as it would appear in a diskutil list, and Y = the part of the dvd to boot. This tells the boot loader it is the dvd you wish to boot. For me, this has always been "disk1s3".

If you placed a patched kernel in the Kernel directory when you built the boot-132 iso then you will need to enter something like:

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel  -v  rd=diskXsY

The front part of the above tells the boot loader to look in the root of the initrd image for a kernel named mach_kernel. The rest of the command was explained above.

for more detailed guides, look at the topics in the New Releases & Updates there are several from which to select.

For all fairness I REALLY highly recommend using a boot-uuid flag in your boot.plist in any case you have the oppourtunity to do so while it can can root with rd= you can point the bootloader straight at your target if you can get its uuid (this includes sending the boot process to a usb flash drive or another storage device for that matter that is storing the install disk contents). aside from that the idea is correct f8 at the first darwin boot timeout should say the boot volume is Slimbuild-Preboot you don't want this so hit escape, it dumps you to the hex code chooser, you switch out cds here and then type in 9F and hit enter. Second darwin prompt comes up with a timeout again hit F8 and enter your boot options as necessary the partition it references should say something like Mac OS X Install *.

Here is some output from SlimBuild v2.0 it now saves snapshots with a timestamp and doesn't append that timestamp to the files themselves just the directory they reside in. I am still hammering out the details on getting it to accept multiple kernels but it is progressing..

SlimBuild v2.0 ©Galaxy 2008.

Special Thanks To:

munky - getting the public interested in SlimBuild.

BladeRunner - com.apple.Boot.plist RAMDISK population.

Testers - for their input on the scripts usability.

##### PREVIOUSBUILD SESSION EXECUTED #####

This session's build time is 2008-10-14-134757

This session's files will be available at PreviousBuilds/Build.2008-10-14-134757

##### MKEXT CREATION PHASE #####

Permissions are being set for the following extensions:

Extensions/AppleDecrypt.kext -- permissions set.

Extensions/LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext -- permissions set.

Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext -- permissions set.

Extensions/SMBIOSEnabler.kext -- permissions set.

All extensions have proper permissions for meta-kernel extension cache creation.

Performing kextcache operation, please wait a moment...

Meta-kernel extension cache of size 36864 bytes created successfully.

##### RAMDISK CREATION PHASE #####

Determining proper RAMDISK file size.

Meta-kernel extension detected with size 36864 bytes.

com.apple.Boot.plist not present in Plist directory.

Total RAMDISK size will be less than the minimum size.

RAMDISK of the minimum size will be created.

Creating RAMDISK image, please wait a moment...

RAMDISK image of size 524288 bytes created successfully.

##### RAMDISK FILE POPULATION PHASE #####

Mounting RAMDISK image for file population.

RAMDISK directory tree created successfully.

Copying MKext/Extensions.mkext to the RAMDISK Extra directory.

MKext/Extensions.mkext successfully copied to the RAMDISK Extra Directory.

Unmounting RAMDISK...

RAMDISK image populated and unmounted successfully.

##### BOOTABLE ISO CREATION PHASE #####

Creating El-Torito bootable ISO, please wait a moment...

Bootable ISO file of size 921600 bytes created successfully.

##### POST-BUILD PHASE #####

CLEAN flag set to SESSION, creating PreviousBuild payload for this session.

MKext/Extensions.mkext relocated.

Contents/initrd.img relocated.

ISO/SlimBuild-Preboot.iso copied.

This session's build time was 2008-10-14-134757.

All files from this session can be found at PreviousBuilds/Build.2008-10-14-134757

SlimBuild Process Complete!

got the booting process, it works :(

thanks both ~Galaxy and BladeRunner

now got a new problem. After the booting.

if I use the modbin kernel, the pre-installation process gets stuck at this line

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.4.0: Mon Jun 9 19:30:53 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.20~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

If I use the vanilla kernel, it gets stuck showing the grey apple boot splash

in verbose mode, the screen remains blank.

In my laptop, the pre-installation process stucks showing grey apple boot splash

in verbose mode, it shows the line below when it gets stuck

GFX0: match category IOFramebuffer exists.

NOTE: I use 10.5.5 in PC with modbin 9.4.0 and 10.5.5 with vanilla kernel in notebook.

What you need to do is after the cd boots and it shows the darwin botoloader, "...press enter to install or F8 for the boot menu" type message, you then hit the ESC key and then you can put the retail Leo dvd in and then boot from there.

Cheers,

Chevy

nice work Galaxy, lookin good ;)

---UPDATE<Get 2.0 hot off the keyboard --- slimbuild.v2.0.final.zip ---

Here is the output 2.0 functioning at full capacity throw as many kernels as you want at it and it can handle them all. The naming convention is still the same they must at _least_ be prefixed with mach_kernel the rest of the naming is up to you from that point on. The boot.plist is also the same and must be named com.apple.Boot.plist (this is a bootloader restriction not a script restriction)

SlimBuild v2.0 ©Galaxy 2008.

Special Thanks To:

munky - getting the public interested in SlimBuild.

BladeRunner - com.apple.Boot.plist RAMDISK population / sript ideas.

Testers - for their input on the scripts usability.

##### PREVIOUSBUILD SESSION EXECUTED #####

This session's build time is 2008-10-14-144913

This session's files will be available at PreviousBuilds/Build.2008-10-14-144913

##### MKEXT CREATION PHASE #####

Permissions are being set for the following extensions:

Extensions/AppleDecrypt.kext -- permissions set.

Extensions/LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext -- permissions set.

Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext -- permissions set.

Extensions/SMBIOSEnabler.kext -- permissions set.

All extensions have proper permissions for meta-kernel extension cache creation.

Performing kextcache operation, please wait a moment...

Meta-kernel extension cache of size 36864 bytes created successfully.

##### RAMDISK CREATION PHASE #####

Determining proper RAMDISK file size.

Meta-kernel extension detected with size 36647 bytes.

Kernel binary Kernel/mach_kernel detected with size 8372224 bytes.

Kernel binary Kernel/mach_kernel1 detected with size 8372224 bytes.

Kernel binary Kernel/mach_kernel2 detected with size 8372224 bytes.

com.apple.Boot.plist detected with size 4096 bytes.

Total RAMDISK size will be greater than the minimum size.

Total RAMDISK size is 25683243 bytes.

Creating RAMDISK image, please wait a moment...

RAMDISK image of size 25683243 bytes created successfully.

##### RAMDISK FILE POPULATION PHASE #####

Mounting RAMDISK image for file population.

RAMDISK directory tree created successfully.

Copying Plist/com.apple.Boot.plist to the RAMDISK root directory.

Plist/com.apple.Boot.plist successfully copied to the RAMDISK Root directory.

Copying MKext/Extensions.mkext to the RAMDISK Extra directory.

MKext/Extensions.mkext successfully copied to the RAMDISK Extra Directory.

Copying Kernel/mach_kernel to the RAMDISK root directory.

Kernel/mach_kernel successfully copied to the RAMDISK Root directory.

Copying Kernel/mach_kernel1 to the RAMDISK root directory.

Kernel/mach_kernel1 successfully copied to the RAMDISK Root directory.

Copying Kernel/mach_kernel2 to the RAMDISK root directory.

Kernel/mach_kernel2 successfully copied to the RAMDISK Root directory.

Unmounting RAMDISK...

RAMDISK image populated and unmounted successfully.

##### BOOTABLE ISO CREATION PHASE #####

Creating El-Torito bootable ISO, please wait a moment...

Bootable ISO file of size 25886720 bytes created successfully.

##### POST-BUILD PHASE #####

CLEAN flag set to SESSION, creating PreviousBuild payload for this session.

MKext/Extensions.mkext relocated.

Contents/initrd.img relocated.

Plist/com.apple.Boot.plist copied.

ISO/SlimBuild-Preboot.iso copied.

Kernel/mach_kernel copied.

Kernel/mach_kernel1 copied.

Kernel/mach_kernel2 copied.

This session's build time was 2008-10-14-144913.

All files from this session can be found at PreviousBuilds/Build.2008-10-14-144913

SlimBuild Process Complete!

Hi all,

I just bougth a dell 690 motherboard (dual Xeon CPU) with Intel X5000 chipset, audio controller Sigmatel STAC9200 and I would like make another Hackintosh (I have already an Hackintosh Core 2 Duo with 10.5.4).

I would like use the Munky guide but I dont know how to make the specific boot-123.iso for my configuration.

Can anyone help me?

I have also a Nvidia 7300GT graphic card.

Thanks in adavance

Hi all,

I just bougth a dell 690 motherboard (dual Xeon CPU) with Intel X5000 chipset, audio controller Sigmatel STAC9200 and I would like make another Hackintosh (I have already an Hackintosh Core 2 Duo with 10.5.4).

I would like use the Munky guide but I dont know how to make the specific boot-123.iso for my configuration.

Can anyone help me?

I have also a Nvidia 7300GT graphic card.

Thanks in adavance

sure the first step to do this would be to gather the necessary drivers you will need for at least your ATA controller and your HID devices so that you can get access to your hard disks and be able to control the mouse pointer and keyboard. Once you get from there and have mac os installed its a matter of finding the proper graphics and audio drivers and using munky's efi partition method you can store all your files in a place where they can never be altered. So first thing's first get the information necessary for your ATA or SATA and since its a newer machne you are likely using USB HID so that should not be an issue. Slimbuild supports using a boot.plist so you can also use a graphics string for your graphics card. If I recall correctly EFIStudio is able to generate a graphics string for this card, if not you can use NVKush it is also very good for enabling NVidia accelerated graphics. Aside from those small things you should be good to go.

Hy...Galaxy..very nice work..Thanks

I now feel a little more confident,so i gave it a try today..success at first try! :unsure: But,wasn't able to install..OS X tell's me that i need GUID partitioning??..can someone clarify me on this matter? it's the first time i try to install with the retail dvd.. I'm running on MBR cause i need XP on HD for now,but i have tested with GUID and MBR and never had this problem.. Sorry about my noobs :unsure:

Hy...Galaxy..very nice work..Thanks

I now feel a little more confident,so i gave it a try today..success at first try! :unsure: But,wasn't able to install..OS X tell's me that i need GUID partitioning??..can someone clarify me on this matter? it's the first time i try to install with the retail dvd.. I'm running on MBR cause i need XP on HD for now,but i have tested with GUID and MBR and never had this problem.. Sorry about my noobs :unsure:

Not a problem. By default the newer 10.5.4 install disks do a check for GUID partition scheme and explicitly refuse to allow installation on MBR formatted disks.. I am looking into a way around this but I don't believe it is possible for the time being. The best I could say is backup and reformat using GUID. (it gets you setup to use munky's EFI partition bootloader solution as well since you have the spare EFI partition in such a case.) Hopefully that helps. The failure on install is nothing you did its something apple implemented into the install process.

~Galaxy