GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

it should have been a good wish, but 99.99999% of the result won't meet with what we wished finally, as it was approved from SJ.

Well there are mac's using the 5700HD and i think the focus should be on getting THEIR card working first then knock out the 4500 with their progress, itll be a {censored} im sure but that seems like the next best and only hope for the cdard

The key is in hex patching AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

Patching GMAX3100FB.kext works ok.

The problem is in patching GMAX3100.kext, because it produces a boot crash after the grey screen. Here is where DSDT patch enters.

In DSDT, apparently we've have to delete CRT entries (it seems CRT entrie confuses MacOSX, that tries to look for this kind of monitor) and also inject values from original GMAX3100 card through "Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)". I've only reached to pass from grey screen to blue screen, then it goes to a scrambled screen with really slow performance. I think this is the right path and it's only matter of keep trying different combinations of DSDT data injecting.

man that's great, please keep it up, i am not a programmer and yesterday got a really hard time to get the native resolution, the patched driver give me a blue screen and blackscreen and nothing else, i conected a external monitor to the vga port of my vostro 1520 ,and yup there was a wierd thing, it was like a second desktop with nothing, no icons what so ever, so the external monitor was useless then change the com.apple.boot.plist and got the native resolution, but before i got at least open gl, now i dont got nothing, i reenstall the 3100x untouched driver and nothing happens, i mean it does not install at all, please i hope u get the 3100x working u r my only hope other than wait for a macbook with the 4500 gma , and please just keep up with this thread, i dont want this thing to get old left over

Hi,

I have Dell 1545 with GMA x4500 graphic card and I install OS X (iAtkos v7) on it.

I am beginner with OS X and i dont know, how to set resolution on 1366x768.

I tried different kext from this forum, but result was always black sreen after boot.

Also I tried tutorial from Deviato -> http://deviato.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/ho...l-with-leopard/

But for me, as beginner, is very complicate and not work for me.

Can you help me, please?

Hi,

I have Dell 1545 with GMA x4500 graphic card and I install OS X (iAtkos v7) on it.

I am beginner with OS X and i dont know, how to set resolution on 1366x768.

I tried different kext from this forum, but result was always black sreen after boot.

Also I tried tutorial from Deviato -> http://deviato.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/ho...l-with-leopard/

But for me, as beginner, is very complicate and not work for me.

Can you help me, please?

this will surely help u

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=203759

shikhar623: Thank you for your reply.

I tried this from your guide and install your kexts. Unfortunately I have this same problem as before - Black screen after boot (instead of desktop).

I dont know with what problem.

You also edited DSTD file?

Thanks

I'll put the kext's up for you, but you should give me your device ID (you can find it in system profiler under graphics/display) so I can patch the kext specifically for your hardware..

Hi i have been reading this post during all the way, because i have a Gigabyte G41M-ES2L that has intel 4500 graphics integrated i would like to know if the modified kexts you have been talking here is working 100%. if it's not and i can help, here i am. Anyways i would like you to send it to me modified to install it whit kexts helper or chamaleon or other injector to test it. the problem that i have is that when i start up the system whit that grafic card and open safari it take a long to charge a page and it blocks some times.

Here i left you an identification of my card hope you can send it to me. Thanks.

Tipo: GPU

Bus: Integrado

VRAM (total): 64 MB de memoria de sistema compartida

Fabricante: Intel (0x8086)

ID del dispositivo: 0x2e32

ID de la revisión: 0x0003

Información de la extensión del kernel: Ninguna extensión de kernel (kext) cargada

Pantallas:

Pantalla:

Resolución: 1024 x 768

Profundidad de píxel: Color de 32 bits (ARGB8888)

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I've been fiddling around with getting OS X working on my HP Tm2 for a few months now.

For a long time now I've had it "working" in that most things do work, but graphics has always been a real problem to get working.

My computer has dual graphics (Intel GMA 4500 , and ATI 4550 MHD) I have no illusions of getting the ATI working at all (especially I don't expect switchable graphics to work). But I can get the resolution properly set by using the x3100 kext I got from here http://tm2osx.info/tm2osx/post/Building-a-...-2.aspx#comment

and the problem I've been seeing (when using it with 10.6.2, but it probably does it with other versions) is that the cursor's image is stuck at the top left of the screen; but I can move the position of the cursor around the screen and interact (all types of clicks work) but I can't see the position of the mouse (as the image of the cursor is stuck in the top left of the screen).

So basically when using the x3100 it keeps the position of the cursor's image from being updated (even though the cursor's position is changing and interacting with things) if that makes sense...

Also sometimes when clicking on certain things in, for example, the system preferences menu, the cursor image will move to the middle-ish of the screen over a button and then remain there.

Any help/ advice on what I should do would be much appreciated :rolleyes: (maybe I should be using a different version of the kext?)

I am running a iATKOS S3 instillation (I've tried a V2 distro, same thing there)

I don't know if it is the same problem but It might works...

I've got it once exact situation that the mouse pointer stuck at left top corner while i tried some modified kext of X3100.. Try to replacing your X3100 kext.

if you want to patch the original manually follow this:

NOTE: You'll require the original X3100 kexts for this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=173338

Else your can try, these modified kexts, just install (drag the kexts) to Kext Utility icon:

http://www.kexts.com/view/258-gmax4500.html

Hope this work for you... :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking for a solution to get 1920x1080 on the X4500 on Leopard. I've tried a lot of the suggestions in this thread but not found anything that works. Has anyone managed this? I can live without Quartz Extreme etc. I just want native resolution.

I'm looking for a solution to get 1920x1080 on the X4500 on Leopard. I've tried a lot of the suggestions in this thread but not found anything that works. Has anyone managed this? I can live without Quartz Extreme etc. I just want native resolution.

I have managed my res for my GMA 4500 but i don't know if it works on a X4500

Oke i have post this in a another forum and helped some people to get the right resolution you can try it but always backup your files.

You can go on to make your resolution ok.

Download the zip file from my server http://www.iferrari.nl/osx/working.zip.

-Extract it to your desktop

-You will see 2 files Chameleon-2.0-RC4-R684.pkg and ChameleonMR2 directory

-Run the pkg file Chameleon-2.0-RC4-R684.pkg after that

-Open terminal in utilities.

-Type sudo -s and type your admin password

-Type cd / to go to root.

-Type cd /users/your username/desktop

-Type ls to see of you can see the pkg file and the directory chameleonMR2

-Type cd chameleonMR2

-Type ls and see of you can see some boot files we only need the boot from this directory.

-Type now sudo cp boot /

Now we need to change the com.apple.boot.plist file in /extra and /library/preferences/systemconfiguration, i dont think you need to change the file in extra but i have also have change that file.

-Type in terminal cd / to go to root

-Type cd extra

-Type ls to see of com.apple.boot.plist exist

-Type Nano com.apple.boot.plist a editor will open en you can type your settings.

I have the following keys insert in the file:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440x900x32</string> (depending what you want as res)

-save the file with ctrl-x you will get the question to save the file type Y after that hit enter and your file is saved.

-Do the same above in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration

-check of your com.apple.boot.plist have the right permissions 644 and admin as owner if not

-Type sudo chown admin com.apple.boot.plist and sudo chmod 644 com.apple.boot.plist you can type this also if you are not sure about it.

-Thats it reboot and enjoy your res

I hope this helped you resolution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GMAX3100:

Chipset Model: GMAX3100

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0007

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Maybe modding the X3100 is the way to go? I've tried adding my pid to the string of the 3100 kext & 3100fb kext with no luck...

It was recognised by Lion as X3100 without any mods which is why I naturally tried editing that kext

oh and since modding the kext it appears that I now have CI but still not QE :'( Anyone got the QE working and not the CI? maybe we can work something out?

• 2 weeks later...

GUYS I HAVE A {censored} BREAKTHROUGH!!!!

I GOT QE/CI WORKING ON MY TOSHIBA WITH THE 4500GMA

I will be making a tut on how to do it soon, it is very hard.

Problems:

-Java crashs it

-Imovie fc's at random

-SLOOOOOWWWW render times for final cut

Working:

Transparent dock

3D

About this mac shows QE/CI is functioning, this is not tested on 10.6

Hang tight guys, it took me ages.

DO NOT TRY IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING

Step One: Download the attached kext

Step Two: Add it to your extras folder

Step Three: Add this for gfx0 to your dsdt

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0×06)

{

“AAPL,HasPanel”,

Buffer (0×04) {0×01, 0×00, 0×00, 0×00},

“model”,

Buffer (0×07) {”GMA4500MHD”},

“device-id”,

Buffer (0×04) {0×42, 0×2A, 0×00, 0×00}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

I DID NOT MAKE THE KEXT, IT WAS MADE BY A FELLOW CALLED DOMINECO ON THE TORRENTLEACH FORUMS. I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR HIS WORK.

x4500_Hacked__Dominico_.kext.zip

a little update on qe/ci quest with bijan55 kext+dsdt

i've modded dsdt with the dsdt injection:

Device (GFX0)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

***dsdt mod added here (same as bijan55 quoted)****

Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)

{

Store (And (Arg0, 0x03), DSEN)

}

Method (_DOD, 0, NotSerialized)

i've got compiling error, because of DTGP error.

so i've added in the very beginning of the dsdt file the DGDT method patch (is available in DSDTse under DSDT hacks):

DefinitionBlock ("./dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "Intel ", "CANTIGA ", 0x06040000)

{

***dsdt DGDT method patch added here****

External (PDC3)

External (PDC2)

External (PDC1)

now i have a working dsdt.aml and in system profile i can see GMAX4500MHD under chipset model.

i've opened the x4500 hacked kext and i've modded the info.plist changing OSBundleRequired from Safe Boot to Root, so the kext can run in /S/L/E.

i get several errors during the boot:

kernel extension "com.apple.driver.X4500" cannot be found

kernel can't find extension com.apple.driver.X4500

kernel Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.X4500.

kernel Couldn't alloc class "X4500"

the kext plist is kinda like a natit kext (at least the plist file), but it doesn't load.

i've also modded dsdt to change graphics card name to "X4500" instead of "GMA4500MHD" but is a no go.....

i use vanilla kext and tested on 10.5.8 and 10.6.6

has any1 goes far than me?