GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Hello guys, i tired read the topic but its very hard because are 72 pages and i couldnt find out what i needed...

i have an intel GMA 4500MHD.. i would really need to put resolution correct and hopefully get qe\ci.

my ide number is 2a42

running snow hazard 10.6.2

how to resolve? thanks

Hello guys, i tired read the topic but its very hard because are 72 pages and i couldnt find out what i needed...

i have an intel GMA 4500MHD.. i would really need to put resolution correct and hopefully get qe\ci.

my ide number is 2a42

running snow hazard 10.6.2

how to resolve? thanks

Follow instructions here:

Deviato Wordpress

Follow instructions here:

Deviato Wordpress

thanks for the answer!

i installed cham 2 rc4, them modified with the new boot0 downloaded from the blog.

then i tried to put Graphics Mode 1280x800x32 but nothing...

i tried also without the string (hoping put the standard one of the screen) but nothing.

whats wrong? :rolleyes:

thanks for the answer!

i installed cham 2 rc4, them modified with the new boot0 downloaded from the blog.

then i tried to put Graphics Mode 1280x800x32 but nothing...

i tried also without the string (hoping put the standard one of the screen) but nothing.

whats wrong? :)

Not sure. I have retail 10.6.3 installed. Did you double-check this from the blog instructions?

Don’t forget to check for the existance of com.apple.Boot.plist both in /Extra and /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration directories.

Also, are you booting to 32 bit with arch=i386? I am, in case it matters.

Not sure. I have retail 10.6.3 installed. Did you double-check this from the blog instructions?

Don’t forget to check for the existance of com.apple.Boot.plist both in /Extra and /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration directories.

Also, are you booting to 32 bit with arch=i386? I am, in case it matters.

i have Snow Hazard... well, how can i see if the rc4 chameleon is really patched? i have some differnce in the login window??? and what the graphic card load? a kext when it works? like the gma3100?

i have Snow Hazard... well, how can i see if the rc4 chameleon is really patched? i have some differnce in the login window??? and what the graphic card load? a kext when it works? like the gma3100?

If you are only using Chameleon, the lizard will have the name 'Deviato' in red on top of it (I am using MyHack, so the lizard graphics don't show by default. This will not load a graphics card kext. There are modified gma x3100 drivers floating in this topic which have been patched to work with gma 4500. They are two diffrent methods to try. The Deviato one works best for me.

i used the modified kext and worked finally!!!

now i have the resolution...

still no hope for the Qe\CI? there is someone that is working on a real kext or we wont get it never=? :(

i used the modified kext and worked finally!!!

now i have the resolution...

still no hope for the Qe\CI? there is someone that is working on a real kext or we wont get it never=? ;)

could you please share the kexts u used? cheers

These kexts works fine at 10.6 10.6.1 and 10.6.2, so if you want to use them do not update to 10.6.3. There are many issues because of the new graphics kexts and system files in 10.6.3

you got qe\ci working?

hey guys, someone here said something about the netbookinstaller, that it was patching gma4500 to look like a gma950 and that it had qe/ci support. so I gave it a try. I used netbookinstaller, the options I used were, install Chameleon, install extensions and the dsdt thing. only those. I restart and got a kernel panic. I log into windows, removed all other kext from /extra/extention folder besides gma950 kext and apple fb kext and reboot again to mac.

it loads both on 64bit and 32bit, it says I have a gma950 but there is no kext loaded. I installed natit.kext which supposes does something and loads gma950 kexts, but again nothing.

I dont really know what am I doing here, but maybe one of you guys can try it.

the first post was either in this thread or the dell 1545 thread I dont really remember.

I hope this makes a difference...

hey guys, someone here said something about the netbookinstaller, that it was patching gma4500 to look like a gma950 and that it had qe/ci support. so I gave it a try. I used netbookinstaller, the options I used were, install Chameleon, install extensions and the dsdt thing. only those. I restart and got a kernel panic. I log into windows, removed all other kext from /extra/extention folder besides gma950 kext and apple fb kext and reboot again to mac.

it loads both on 64bit and 32bit, it says I have a gma950 but there is no kext loaded. I installed natit.kext which supposes does something and loads gma950 kexts, but again nothing.

I dont really know what am I doing here, but maybe one of you guys can try it.

the first post was either in this thread or the dell 1545 thread I dont really remember.

I hope this makes a difference...

And where is that "NetbookInstaller, or can you give us a link to donwload and try it? :)

I am suggesting that the new Intel HD kexts will never, ever work for GMA 4500. They don't even work for the CORRECT GPU's yet. GMA 4500 vs. new Intel HD Graphics = totally different architecture.

hi beaups i 've read in tony'smacosx forum that you have enable your internal screen on vaio so can you post how to do and what is fixed on your dsdt

if you can ,very thanks

here is the link you can post to.

thanks in advance

hi beaups i 've read in tony'smacosx forum that you have enable your internal screen on vaio so can you post how to do and what is fixed on your dsdt

if you can ,very thanks

here is the link you can post to.

thanks in advance

all of this is so confusing

;)

I think the reason why it doesn't appeal to anyone is because of a) there's no guarantee for the funds ;) there's no specific prize.

C) Making working display drivers for a closed platform is incredibly hard work.

To my knowledge the Hackintosh community has never made display drivers. We have made audio drivers, network drivers, chipset drivers, bluetooth drivers, etc. But display drivers are magnitudes harder than any of those.