GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

I'm running succesfully 10.6.4 with GMA X4500 kext.

I have two questions:

- How can you take a screenshot in Snow Leopard without QE/CI support?

- How can I change the (Snow Leopard) theme? I would like to change the Apple top menu background...

1. Use SimpleCap

2. U Can't , try using 3rd party apps called CCI ( CrystalClear Interface ) for some customization, hell of a good :)

I'm running succesfully 10.6.4 with GMA X4500 kext.

I have two questions:

- How can you take a screenshot in Snow Leopard without QE/CI support?

- How can I change the (Snow Leopard) theme? I would like to change the Apple top menu background...

For the screenshot thing you can use the files from Leopard (/usr/sbin/screencapture) just copy it, to the same folder on SL (don't forget to backup)

Regarding the SL themes check these links,

http://browse.deviantart.com/customization...s/macutilities/

http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=2

http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=8

Hello to all on the forum from Brazil!

I have been following the GMA 4500m threads for quite some time now, and I know how much effort several people have put it in to make this card work. So thanks once again.

Now to the problem I am facing: I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS120AH (sold in Brazil) and with Deviato's method (Patched Chameleon) and Leopard 10.5.8 (using iATKOS v7, then iDeneb upgrade) I basically turned my Vaio into a MacBook :P , except for the Wireless Card. So, on Leopard I get my native resolution (1280x800) by installing Chameleon 2 and inserting Graphics Mode=1280x800x32 in com.apple.boot.plist.

Now here is what is really Killing me...

I can install Snow Leopard (Retail & Universal) just fine and absolutely everything works beautifully as long as I use Chameleon 1.

As soon as I try to run any version of Chameleon 2 (RC3, RC4, RC5), the boot time increases to over 2 minutes! But that is not the only problem.

Once I am at the Desktop, both the keyboard and the trackpad are active, but do not respond until 7 ou 8 minutes later! WTH??

I know this because if I press the Caps Key, it turns the little light ON and OFF as it should, and if I touch the trackpad the cursor moves normally. I just cannot "Type" nor "Click" anything for what seems like an eternity!

Oh yes! Chameleon 2 also kills my Atheros Wireless Card, all of sudden the system will say "No Airport Card Installed!"

So, I very very much need help, maybe someone experienced the same problem? Because I am sooo close to complete success... it would be a total bummer having to give up on Chameleon 2. It is the only way I can get my GMA 4500M to have its native resolution of 1280x800.

Someone please help? Thanks again.

Hello to all on the forum from Brazil!

I have been following the GMA 4500m threads for quite some time now, and I know how much effort several people have put it in to make this card work. So thanks once again.

Now to the problem I am facing: I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS120AH (sold in Brazil) and with Deviato's method (Patched Chameleon) and Leopard 10.5.8 (using iATKOS v7, then iDeneb upgrade) I basically turned my Vaio into a MacBook :( , except for the Wireless Card. So, on Leopard I get my native resolution (1280x800) by installing Chameleon 2 and inserting Graphics Mode=1280x800x32 in com.apple.boot.plist.

Now here is what is really Killing me...

I can install Snow Leopard (Retail & Universal) just fine and absolutely everything works beautifully as long as I use Chameleon 1.

As soon as I try to run any version of Chameleon 2 (RC3, RC4, RC5), the boot time increases to over 2 minutes! But that is not the only problem.

Once I am at the Desktop, both the keyboard and the trackpad are active, but do not respond until 7 ou 8 minutes later! WTH??

I know this because if I press the Caps Key, it turns the little light ON and OFF as it should, and if I touch the trackpad the cursor moves normally. I just cannot "Type" nor "Click" anything for what seems like an eternity!

Oh yes! Chameleon 2 also kills my Atheros Wireless Card, all of sudden the system will say "No Airport Card Installed!"

So, I very very much need help, maybe someone experienced the same problem? Because I am sooo close to complete success... it would be a total bummer having to give up on Chameleon 2. It is the only way I can get my GMA 4500M to have its native resolution of 1280x800.

Someone please help? Thanks again.

Here install these kexts patched for GMA X4500, the only thing is if you are using Snow leopard you have to add a 32 bit boot-flag. Then after that delete Chameleon and install Chameleon 1. Hope I helped, bye. By the way don't install the sleepenabler.kext that is in the archive.

x4500_with_QuartzGL.zip

Here install these kexts patched for GMA X4500, the only thing is if you are using Snow leopard you have to add a 32 bit boot-flag. Then after that delete Chameleon and install Chameleon 1. Hope I helped, bye. By the way don't install the sleepenabler.kext that is in the archive.

Great Alec, thanks! I will give it a shot and see what happens. Will keep you posted. Just one thing though: the flag would go in "Kernel Flags string" added to "com.apple.Boot.plist" right? Would you happen to know if it shoul be "-x32" or "arch=i386"? Thanks once again.

Great Alec, thanks! I will give it a shot and see what happens. Will keep you posted. Just one thing though: the flag would go in "Kernel Flags string" added to "com.apple.Boot.plist" right? Would you happen to know if it shoul be "-x32" or "arch=i386"? Thanks once again.

Here it should be like this

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

Here it should be like this

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

Hi again Alec.

I reinstalled using Snow Leopard Universal because it boots in 32-bit mode by default, but unfortunately no luck with your kexts. :lol:

The system does load the kexts, because during system startup, the screen flickers as if the kexts are being loaded.

After the blue screen (final stage of mounting), the screen will split in 2: on the left it is white, and on the right it has a sort of a grayish hue.

I do believe that my DSDT is not helping any. Because it is one thing for me to patch the DSDT using a DSDT patcher, but when it comes to perfecting it in order for it to work with my system, I really don't know how to do it. The only fix I can do is change the RTC device length to "02" and thus avoiding CMOS reset.

I have my ACPI tables and DSDT saved using Everest in Windows, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

I must admit, I am very jealous of everyone who has the GMA3100 kexts working for them. I wish I could join you guys...

But thank you anyway. I really appreciate.

Hi again Alec.

I reinstalled using Snow Leopard Universal because it boots in 32-bit mode by default, but unfortunately no luck with your kexts. :)

The system does load the kexts, because during system startup, the screen flickers as if the kexts are being loaded.

After the blue screen (final stage of mounting), the screen will split in 2: on the left it is white, and on the right it has a sort of a grayish hue.

I do believe that my DSDT is not helping any. Because it is one thing for me to patch the DSDT using a DSDT patcher, but when it comes to perfecting it in order for it to work with my system, I really don't know how to do it. The only fix I can do is change the RTC device length to "02" and thus avoiding CMOS reset.

I have my ACPI tables and DSDT saved using Everest in Windows, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

I must admit, I am very jealous of everyone who has the GMA3100 kexts working for them. I wish I could join you guys...

But thank you anyway. I really appreciate.

What is your device ID?

Does someone succesfully record screens with ScreenFlow with the x4500 video card?

No Ive tried it just crashes on me.

Mine is too, you can try this it might work http://www.kexts.com/view/258-gmax4500.html

Will try this one too. I tell you, this is the only thing left I have to get to work. If I do, I will have a fully functional system, except for sleep. But then again, thousands of us have the latter problem, so no big deal. I even got my Mat{censored}a DVD-RW working!

I will try tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks a bunch.

Mine is too, you can try this it might work http://www.kexts.com/view/258-gmax4500.html

Morning Alec.

Good news! I tried your last suggestion, but it didn`t work. I decided to try using Asere`s Bootloader version 1.1.9 and it worked like a charm. Yeah!

Now I am back to having my native resolution and boot time is absolutely normal.

Thanks for all your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me get this working on my Sony Vaio NW265? It uses GMA4500 and I wanted to get it triple booted with Win7 and Ubuntu and I am hoping for a little bit of direction. This guide (http://bigfloppydonkeydisk.blogspot.com/2010/07/triple-boot-windows-7-mac-os-x-snow.html) seems helpful but I want to make sure it will work right with my Sony. Thanks!

What is your device ID?

No Ive tried it just crashes on me.

Hi Alec

my device id is also 2A42

can i use this kext? http://www.kexts.com/view/258-gmax4500.html

i have installed iatkos snow leo with Chameleon. Could you guide me how to make snow leop boot in x32 all of the time? i think that is my problem... my rig keeps booting into x64.. even though i have picked the option to boot into 32 when i installed it with iatkos

thank you kindly

_____________________________UPDATE________________________-

so here is what i did

1. installed fresh iatkos snow leop

2. edited boot.plist to <key>Kernel Flags</key>

3. repaired permission and restarted. all worked

4. downloaded the installed for x4500 and installed it.

5. rebooted and now i get this error that i need to hold down my power to restart. i have tried several times but it wont boot.

i have a gut feeling that i am really close to a solution, but cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

please help

thanks

Hi Alec

my device id is also 2A42

can i use this kext? http://www.kexts.com/view/258-gmax4500.html

i have installed iatkos snow leo with Chameleon. Could you guide me how to make snow leop boot in x32 all of the time? i think that is my problem... my rig keeps booting into x64.. even though i have picked the option to boot into 32 when i installed it with iatkos

thank you kindly

_____________________________UPDATE________________________-

so here is what i did

1. installed fresh iatkos snow leop

2. edited boot.plist to <key>Kernel Flags</key>

3. repaired permission and restarted. all worked

4. downloaded the installed for x4500 and installed it.

5. rebooted and now i get this error that i need to hold down my power to restart. i have tried several times but it wont boot.

i have a gut feeling that i am really close to a solution, but cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

please help

thanks

You should have used this kext since you're on snow leopard http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=75905

Hello all. I have spent the last few hours going through this thread to find help with my Toshiba hackintosh. Everything people do here is great as far as sharing this helpful information goes. I was able to successfully get my Toshiba hacked. I ran into a problem that I am hoping someone maybe able to point me in the right direction with. I installed these GMA4500 kexts to my system. The resolution was fixed and looked great; however, something happened to my mouse. The cursor is in the top left of the screen but it will not move. The mouse works, because I can hover/open things while clicking, but the cursor doesn't reflect this. Its pretty much a guessing game. This doesn't seem to be common though because I have searched my ass off with few results. It worked fine before installing these kexts though. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Hello all. I have spent the last few hours going through this thread to find help with my Toshiba hackintosh. Everything people do here is great as far as sharing this helpful information goes. I was able to successfully get my Toshiba hacked. I ran into a problem that I am hoping someone maybe able to point me in the right direction with. I installed these GMA4500 kexts to my system. The resolution was fixed and looked great; however, something happened to my mouse. The cursor is in the top left of the screen but it will not move. The mouse works, because I can hover/open things while clicking, but the cursor doesn't reflect this. Its pretty much a guessing game. This doesn't seem to be common though because I have searched my ass off with few results. It worked fine before installing these kexts though. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

This has happened to me before I think it has to do with voodoops2 try using an external mouse, and deleting Voodoops2 kexts.

This has happened to me before I think it has to do with voodoops2 try using an external mouse, and deleting Voodoops2 kexts.

Thank you for the response. Before installing these kext, the mouse pad and a external usb wireless mouse worked perfectly. Are you saying, boot with a plugged in external mouse, and delete voodoops2 kexts? Can I simply search the system for these kexts or are they in a default location? :(

Thank you for the response. Before installing these kext, the mouse pad and a external usb wireless mouse worked perfectly. Are you saying, boot with a plugged in external mouse, and delete voodoops2 kexts? Can I simply search the system for these kexts or are they in a default location? :(

You need to uninsatll the voodoops2 kext because it's written for the 64 bit kernel, and install this one here http://www.nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/PS2...troller.pkg.zip

You need to uninsatll the voodoops2 kext because it's written for the 64 bit kernel, and install this one here http://www.nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/PS2...troller.pkg.zip

Update...Ok, First, I tried using a wired USB mouse but the cursor still wasn't moving, same thing happened. The mouse worked, I just couldn't see the cursor moving. It stayed at the top left of the screen.

I also did a search in finder using the guess and click technique for voodoops2 and nothing came up..?? Am I missing something?