GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Try this for the issue.

Past it in /library/colorsync/profiles

then go to System Preferences/Displays/Color and select "LCD"

it improves nothing

I also try changing the value "Brightness" in applebacklight.kext, unfortunately still get the same prob here

I'm still having troubles getting native resolution on my Dell E6400 using the Intel 4500MHD

graphic card.

I've tried lots of kext and no one did the job.

I'm looking for someone who can share his working kext and add small explanation how to install it

and how to have native resolution.

1440x900 is my preferred res but any res above 1024x768 would be great improvement.

BTW do I need the QE/CL support for the iPhone SDK?

What application needs a QE/CL support?

Thanks

There have been no developments been made recently, so please stop asking. It does nothing accelerate development and only causes this thread to become a mass of junk making it extremely difficult to find useful posts among the 38 pages at the time of writing. When someone has some news on progress they will post it.

Any other posts that do not contribute to the development will be removed.

iPoco

• 3 weeks later...
I guys, a question, this script works on my notebook running 10.5.6 iDeneb, I got native resolution working, do you know if it will work on Snow Leopard also?

anyone using it with SL can confirm please?

thanks a lot in advance!

bye

It works for me. If this pkg does not work for you try the kext from this topic:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188279 I`m using it at SL without the original X3100 kext and works fine.

AND DO NOT FORGET TO LOAD THE x32 CORE!!! OTHERWISE THE KEXT IS NOT WORKING!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've just gone through and pruned the topic to make it easier for people looking through for information. If there is anything that you believe was removed by accident then let me know and we'll get it back where it belongs :(.

Summary

Native Resolution

1. Grub hack (consono)

2. Patched x3100 kexts

3. Graphics mode in Chameleon

QE/CI

NO SOLUTION

Issues

Mouse Fix

When using the patched x3100 kexts some users experience an invisible cursor issue

1. Increase cursor size

2. Soft cursor

Vertical Lines

When using the patched x3100 kexts some users experienced vertical lines across the laptop display

NO SOLUTION

Dell 1545

DSDT Fix

iPoco

real problem here...

Everytime I connect to my external rct monitor, chameleon could easily detect native res (1600x1200) without using modified kext. On the other hand, my internal lcd monitor (acer aspire 4736) is only detected 1024x768. Using modified kexts help nothing. Unpatched kext results blank screen as if the lcd monitor turned off, yet my desktop with native res without brightness issue seen a momment before the hard drvie off after such force reboot. Patch kext gets native res (1366x768) yet there is brightness issue.

In my opinion, both the kext and chameleon only work with the external monitor port (or something like that). It's just my random opinion l0l.

could anyone help?

real problem here...

Everytime I connect to my external rct monitor, chameleon could easily detect native res (1600x1200) without using modified kext. On the other hand, my internal lcd monitor (acer aspire 4736) is only detected 1024x768. Using modified kexts help nothing. Unpatched kext results blank screen as if the lcd monitor turned off, yet my desktop with native res without brightness issue seen a momment before the hard drvie off after such force reboot. Patch kext gets native res (1366x768) yet there is brightness issue.

In my opinion, both the kext and chameleon only work with the external monitor port (or something like that). It's just my random opinion l0l.

could anyone help?

Your Laptop Display is 16:9. The base resolutions without kext are 4:3, thats why u are getting native res on your external display, because 1600x1200 is 4:3, just like 1024x768.

Hi All

I'm using Grub hack on my lenovo t500 for half a year now.

It works great and match my needs for developing to iphone.

I have this trick to manipulate output to external vga (21") when needed.

I'm doing it by setting output to external vga (analog) on BIOS settings. simple, working and working great.

My next mission it be able to get output on two screens.

My question is:

If I'll install x3100 patch, will my computer will be able to:

1. Use 1024mb memory of the card?

2. Use two screens (laptop and lcd)?

I want to thank conso, ipoko and the rest from this start of this thread that make it possible for me to develop also for iphone.

Thanks,

markdude

Hi All

I'm using Grub hack on my lenovo t500 for half a year now.

It works great and match my needs for developing to iphone.

I have this trick to manipulate output to external vga (21") when needed.

I'm doing it by setting output to external vga (analog) on BIOS settings. simple, working and working great.

My next mission it be able to get output on two screens.

My question is:

If I'll install x3100 patch, will my computer will be able to:

1. Use 1024mb memory of the card?

2. Use two screens (laptop and lcd)?

I want to thank conso, ipoko and the rest from this start of this thread that make it possible for me to develop also for iphone.

Thanks,

markdude

Sorry man...144MB and thats it. Buy nVidia card and go on with experiments!

Sorry man...144MB and thats it. Buy nVidia card and go on with experiments!

Unless I'm missing something, my x4500 isn't replaceable. Laptop issue :)

So nVidia is not an option.

Also, My hackintosh use only 32mb from 4GBM to emulate screen card.

Do you mean you actually succeed to increased virtual memory to 144MB?

Unless I'm missing something, my x4500 isn't replaceable. Laptop issue :rolleyes:

So nVidia is not an option.

Also, My hackintosh use only 32mb from 4GBM to emulate screen card.

Do you mean you actually succeed to increased virtual memory to 144MB?

My mistake about the nVidia, I forgot U use a laptop. And YES, in the About this Mac the system recognize my card as 144MB. The model is 4500M.

Couple of newbie questions - are people having trouble getting this card to work with only SL or do older OSX's work ok?

Also with regards to native resolution - is the 1024x768 most of you are getting stretched right across the screen and all warped or is it a block in the middle?

I'm planning on using a 1024x768 monitor most of the time so I might be able to live with these bugs..

cheers

Owen

Interested.

How do you get 144MB VRAM?

Mine is X200/X4500MH using Chameleon to get native 1280x800 without any kexts.

But he VRAM is limited to 64MB by default.

Although I could lauch KeyNote normally,

but it could not play the presentation.

(OSX saying not enough VRAM)

It would be great helpful if I could increate the VRAM.

My mistake about the nVidia, I forgot U use a laptop. And YES, in the About this Mac the system recognize my card as 144MB. The model is 4500M.

Interested.

How do you get 144MB VRAM?

Mine is X200/4500MH using Chameleon to get native 1280x800 without any kexts.

But he VRAM is limited to 64MB by default.

Although I could lauch KeyNote normally,

but it could not play the presentation.

It would be great helpful if I could increate the VRAM.

Not only the KeyNote...over 80% or maybe more from the usefull programs doesn`t work without the QE/CI support(Garage Band, iPhoto...all the iLife soft, all the iWork`09, FrontRow, Final Cut Studio, 3D Software, Flash and 3D Games, CAD/CAM Software, HD Movies and all high resolution multimedia and etc.). That`s the main reason I`m using Windows 7 again. And of cource because there is not AutoCAD for MAC for now. Sorry but the great interface is not enough for me.Mac OS is an GREAT OS, but I`m not using my computer only to read my mail. ;)