1,615 posts in this topic

Ok

here are the links

Download

PS: This only works in iLife 08, and iWork 08

iWork 09 IS NOT SUPPORTED.

To play a Keynote presentation open keynote

Go to preferences

then select slideshow and check the box witch says "Allow Exposé, dashboard and others to use the screen"

This will make the messenge "Your computer may not have enough video random-access memory (VRAM) to play the slideshow at the current screen resolution" disapeard.

Enjoy :(

hi guys

I have Acer 8935g with Intel 4500mhd, and i install kext from first post, and it detect a resolution and graphic card, but my screen is gray

here is a picture

http://img204.imageshack.us/i/28112009201.jpg/

where is the problem?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188279 This is the kext(The first post) that works for me excellent at 10.5.x and 10.6.x. First remove the kext u installed and then install this. No even need to install/reinstall the original X3100 kext. Good Luck !!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188279 This is the kext(The first post) that works for me excellent at 10.5.x and 10.6.x. First remove the kext u installed and then install this. No even need to install/reinstall the original X3100 kext. Good Luck !!!

i made a clean instal again, and i instal this kext and again screen have a vertical lines(gray), my native resolution is 1920x1080x32, another solution?

i made a clean instal again, and i instal this kext and again screen have a vertical lines(gray), my native resolution is 1920x1080x32, another solution?

Try this: http://www.kexts.com/view/128-gma_x4500.html If this doesn`t works...I don`t know what will be. And if U have issues with the maximum native res, try lower 16:9. I know that U want your full HD but for the moment that`s it the solution.

Try this: http://www.kexts.com/view/128-gma_x4500.html If this doesn`t works...I don`t know what will be. And if U have issues with the maximum native res, try lower 16:9. I know that U want your full HD but for the moment that`s it the solution.

i try with that kext and when mac start up, it pop up a message that kext cant be instaled, btw i try with another resolution with kext from previous post, and it's same.

what can it be?

i try with that kext and when mac start up, it pop up a message that kext cant be instaled, btw i try with another resolution with kext from previous post, and it's same.

what can it be?

The permissions on your kext are wrong. To fix this:

Go into disk utility (/Applications/Disk Utility), select your boot volume and click on "repair permissions" on the first aid tab. This should fix your problem.

The permissions on your kext are wrong. To fix this:

Go into disk utility (/Applications/Disk Utility), select your boot volume and click on "repair permissions" on the first aid tab. This should fix your problem.

i've tried that method and still cant load kext. i tried to install previous kext, and after instalation, i was going to repair permissions, but i have the same problem.

i have laptop who has a 2 graphics card, one is intel 4500mhd, second is ati mobility radeon 4670, is there any kext for ati, because i cant solve the problem?

i've tried that method and still cant load kext. i tried to install previous kext, and after instalation, i was going to repair permissions, but i have the same problem.

i have laptop who has a 2 graphics card, one is intel 4500mhd, second is ati mobility radeon 4670, is there any kext for ati, because i cant solve the problem?

I have the same problem, I have Lenovo T500 with Intel 4500MHD and Ati Mobility Radeon 3650. None of the cards yet supported :D Previously was rather happy with my x61 (GMA X3100)

Hi Consono,

Thank you so so much for your help. Now, I am able to get 1280x800 resolution. Actually, I did not patch mode 34. After looking at your grub.cfg, I changed mine. Then, I found a bug in my 915resolution.c (I gave the wrong device id there). After I fixed that, everything worked great.

Once again, Thank you so much for your awesome idea.

-- For others, who are trying this, I have written a 'step-by-step' guide below

- Installed Ubuntu on a different partition (got problems while installing Arch-linux, so I have chosen Ubuntu).

- I modified /boot/grub/menu.lst to add Mac partition and found it is able to load even Mac. (may be this step is unnecessary)

- taken grub2+915resolution source code from http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22927.

- compiled it on a different 32 bit linux machine on my network (because gcc installed on my ubuntu does not support 32-bit compilation. i.e. it does not support -m32). SCPed compiled files onto my ubuntu machine.

- opened package manager in ubuntu and removed the grub package that is already installed on my machine

- installed new grub using "./grub-install /dev/sda" command. NOTE: in grub2, grub.cfg is used for reading the configuration file. Write your own /boot/grub/grub.cfg. NOTE: For loading Mac, I did not follow the method used by consono. I did not create any extra partition. My Mac has /boot file. So, I am just loading that. Mac part in my grub.cfg looks like below

set root=(hd0,2)

multiboot (hd0,2)/boot

- We have to make sure that grub is able to load all operating systems installed on the machine. If it is able to load, we have completed 75% of the whole process. Make sure to take the backup of grub.cfg after this step.

- Next step is to patch grub source with 915resolution. Compile the grub and install the new grub. use the same grub.cfg that you have saved in the previous stage.

- We have to add G45 chipset support to 915 resolution. To know what to add, simply follow the code given by 'consono'. OR you could try your luck by directly copying 915resolution.mod given by consono. ( I think copying 915resolution.mod works in most of the cases )

- Once we have replaced our old 915resolution.mod with the new one, we need to add certain commands to grub.cfg. To know what commands (i.e. insmod, 915resolution etc.) to add to grub.cfg, take a look at grub.cfg given by consono.

- Reboot now and choose Mac in grub. If we type '?video' in Mac bootloader, we should be able to see "1280x800x32".

- Boot Mac with "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" and enjoy the widescreen ;)

Once again, many thanks to 'consono' for this great idea.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help guys! It works perfectly fine for me too :P

I just have some difficulties with the PCI ID of the graphic card, which seems to be different between the boot and OS X (I'm using iAcktos v7: Leopard 10.5.7). Dunno Why... Maybe I made a mistake somewhere during installation...

So basically, to solve this issue i had to add two entry in 915resolution.c which both define my graphic card:

case 0x2a408086: // grub2 seems to detect this PCI ID

type = CT_GM45;

break;

case 0x2a428086: // Leopard seems to detect this PCI ID

type = CT_GM45;

break;

So, since the 915resoltion.mod posted on the 4th of April 2009 had only defined 0x2a408086, it did not work for me.

But with these two entry, it works perfectly: I have my 1280x800x32 with no artifacts on my Lenovo x200 :) (GMA X4500HD)

Once again, thank you guys for your support here

• 2 weeks later...

Here they are, the DISASSEMBLED binaries from GMAX3100 and GMAX3100FB kexts. I hope they are as closest as posible to the SOURCES, or at least I hope they're usefull. If you need to disassemble another part of the GMAX3100 kexts, let me know.

I clarify that the original kexts are from Snow Leopard 10.6.2. And I attach the sources(?) again in txt format, just in case.

Soon I will be adding my Windows 7 64 bits drivers for GMA4500MHD, disassembled too (they are many files, and I don't know wich ones are relevant, so I'll add them all).

Edit 12/12/09: Now I have improved the approach. I took the GMAX3100 kexts form Leopard (10.5.7), and disassembled and decompiled them in a C kind-of-language. I'm posting the results here.

For source files, you can check here: http://www.opensource.apple.com/

Let me know if this is helpfull.

Leopard_10.5.7_disassembled___decompiled_binaries.zip

Snow_Leo_10.6.2._32_bits_decompiled_AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.zip

Hi,

Code from FreeBSD:

Several drivers ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/d...es/xorg/driver/

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/d...l-2.7.1.tar.bz2

Supports a variety of Intel graphics chipsets including G/Q33,G/Q35,G41,G/Q43,G/GM/Q45

Version 2.9.1

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/

Best Regards,

Ruy Benton

GMA4500 EXPERIMENTERS Wanted!

Dr. Hurt said the 4500 architecture is very different from the 3100. I've looked over Intel's docs on the 4500, and I find broad compatibility in the architectures. Intel has moved more features into the chipset (versus relying on the CPU) in the evolution from the GMA900 to the GMA4500, and they've added support for different display connections like LDVS.

I think it's worth trying to see if the GMAX3100 kexts in Leopard can drive the 4500 series. So could someone try the following experiment and report back?

1. My (10.5.6) AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/Info.plist has:

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
  <string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>
  <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key><string>0x2A028086</string>

The translation is that this matches any PCI device of class code 0x03 (display) and vendor 8086 (Intel) AND vendor Intel (8086) and device id: 0x2A02.

2. My AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/Info.plist has:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
  <string>0x2A028086</string>

The translation is that this matches any PCI device of class code 0x03 and vendor 8086 (Intel) AND vendor Intel (8086) and device id: 0x2A02.

3. Edit AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/Info.plist to be:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
 <string>0x2A428086 0x2A438086 0x2E128086 0x2E138086 0x2E028086 0x2E038086 0x2E228086 0x2E238086 0x2E328086 0x2E338086</string>

These are the device IDs for the 4500MHD (2A42 2A43), 4500 (2E12 2E13), X4500 and X4500HD (2E02 2E03 2E22 2E23 2E32 2E33). You could just put in your device id here.

4. Now comes the annoying part. As BlackCH has noted, you need to hexedit your device id into the kexts themselves. So, with an hex editor open up /S/L/E/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB (the binary kext itself) and do a Find and Replace...

Find: 86 80 02 2A

Replace: byte-reversed version of your device id. So if you have a 4500MHD with device id 2A42 (0x2A428086 in the plist), use: 86 80 42 2A (do not use the 0x).

5. Do the same for the other kext: /S/L/E/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGMAX3100

6. Reboot with -f (force reload of kexts) and -v. If it boots, Check Utilities/Console and look for any text related to the GMA kexts. Also open a terminal window and do:

{:content:}gt; kextstat | grep AppleIntelGMAX3100

If the 3100 kext is not running, there will be no output. If it is running, check that ioreg has it bound in correctly. Then try to enable QE/CI.

It's quite likely that this won't work at all, since the kext will be doing probing for properties that are not exposed via the Info.plist. But it's worth a try!

Thanks,

-u

From where can I find "AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/Info.plist "

thanks

Hi,

Code from FreeBSD:

Several drivers ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/d...es/xorg/driver/

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/d...l-2.7.1.tar.bz2

Supports a variety of Intel graphics chipsets including G/Q33,G/Q35,G41,G/Q43,G/GM/Q45

Version 2.9.1

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/

Best Regards,

Ruy Benton

Is it a concept or does it actually work?

Hi All

I'm using Grub hack on my lenovo t500 for half a year now.

It works great and match my needs for developing to iphone.

I have this trick to manipulate output to external vga (21") when needed.

I'm doing it by setting output to external vga (analog) on BIOS settings. simple, working and working great.

My next mission it be able to get output on two screens.

My question is:

If I'll install x3100 patch, will my computer will be able to:

1. Use 1024mb memory of the card?

2. Use two screens (laptop and lcd)?

I want to thank conso, ipoko and the rest from this start of this thread that make it possible for me to develop also for iphone.

Thanks,

markdude

Did you patch by GrUB method?

Do i need to install linux, or can i use live CD/USB instead(for grub method)?

hey, could someone please answer this to me?

i used the GRUB Method, and it worked succesfully, i even have QuartzGL (no QE/CI obviously)

the drivers released so far didnt work, i tried like 4 times with different installations and no luck, so i went for the grub method

but, now that i have it up and running, can i go back to a normal, no patched version of GRUB?

is the BIOS of my video card patched forever?

thx everyone

Hello,

I am attempting to use an external monitor on my laptop with the X4500. The display will show, but will not go to native resolution. The monitor res is 1600x900, but it will not go past 1366x768, is there a solution to this issue?

Thank you

HI ALL...I HAVE SOME NEWS...TO SHARE...

IM HAVE TRIAL BOOT WITH 7, SNOW LEOPARD AND MAC LEOPARD 10.5.8.

USING SOME BOOTLOADERS, WITH VERY NICE THEME, IM FOUND ONE THAT WORKS LIKE A CHARM, WITHOUT KEXTS, AND I GET NATIVE RESOLUTION TO MY 4500 INTEL GMA.

JUST REPLACE MY FILES ON YOUR BOOT...

BOOT, EXTRA WITH THEME + THEME PLIST (SILVER, VERY NICE!!!)

IM GET NATIVE RESOLUTION ON SNOW AND MAC, AND IN MAC WORK QUARTZ GL WITH OSX86TOOLS ENABLER...

REPLACE MY FILES, AND ENJOY IT!!! PLEASE, TAKE A RISK...WHY NOT?

AND PLEASE, USING ONLY GMA 4500.

DONT FORGET BACKUP, AND PUT YOURS KEXTS YOU USING BEFORE, IN EXTRA/EXTENSIONS...

BEST REGARDS...

MAX

BOOT_MAX___FAZ_CORRETO_DUAL_BOOT___SNOW_MAC_EFI.zip

Hi Guys, before I start, I wanna wish you all a great year 2010!.

Well I just wanna know the possebility to have QE on the 4500?

Please just give me your thoughts about it.

If there is no way to do it, well I will just sell my half-pc-mac in eBay with everything working exept QECI.

Thanks

Good Year.

Macgeek :(