GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Unfortunately trying to use your patch has made things worse.

Once thing I did find out is before installing your patch, rihgt before the screen goes black, I see the Verbose saying that "IG Firmware is..." something something, and I think it might be that Snow is not picking up the monitors EDID. Anyways I'll try to get this fix.

Anyways Thank you!!

Unfortunately trying to use your patch has made things worse.

Once thing I did find out is before installing your patch, rihgt before the screen goes black, I see the Verbose saying that "IG Firmware is..." something something, and I think it might be that Snow is not picking up the monitors EDID. Anyways I'll try to get this fix.

Anyways Thank you!!

OK my friend, anyways im said thanks too...and im really wish that think work some day...for all!!!

All the best for you!!! Nice to meet you!!! I see you!!! ;)

Hi all, tried using the displayconfigx method and had no joy still wont work, i have a vgn-nw20ef with 4500M graphics 1366x768, any one have any ideas how to sort it?

thanks in advance

Please, are you can post what is your 4500 intel graphics? GMA? id device is 2a42? Your bootloader, your partition (MBR or GUI)?

Tks a lot...this information will help us to help you, ok?

And don't forget said what is your distro (Snow, iAtkos, iDeneb, Leo4All...10.5.6, 10.5.7, 10.6.0, etc...).   :(

GMA 4500M 2A42, 10.6.2 Chameleon 2, MBR, Sony Vaio VGN-NW20EF

Thanks once again

Hi my friend, unfortunately our friend cheeseplox have same graphic card, with the same resolution, and dosen't work for him. 

Im found two methods to put works native resolution. At really, im not need DisplayConfigX, im using just my boot files. Anyway, my resolution is 1280x800. So, im not sure if works my methods in 1366x768 graphic cards. In theory, was to work, but....

Im take a risk sugest you add DisplayConfigX manually this resolution 1366x768, like video explain, without others resolutions, maybe add too 1024x768....See my tutorial (see pasts posts). 

Another method im use with my boot files and theme folders, but this resolution, im sorry, we not tested before. See this post here

Take a look HERE too. Is my posts with files and instructions about DisplayConfigX. But don't forget try with him, manually in "Resolution"....sorry not help too much!!! Thanks for ask!!! Good luck!!!

i can get 1280 x 800 resolution on leopard but when i try the same configuration with the bash file and displayconfigx on snow leopard all i get is a gray screen. any insight?

What Snow update you use? 10.6.0 or 10.6.2? Try use same kexts that you use in Snow 10.6.0 like my video tutorial..ok? And dont forget repair disk with Kext Utility on SNOW, and before reboot, delete Extensions.mkext file created in Volume/Extra/Extensions....

Back results...in time...if you want use 10.6.2, backup AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100BF.kext from 10.6.0. After update, and before reboot, replace this kexts with Kext helper, ok? After reinstall this kexts, proceed to install DisplayConfigX...and all the best for you!!!

TKS!!! 

max i followed your tutorial exactly but got the same gray screen again, i dont know why, it works perfect under 10.5.8 but on 10.6.0 nothing. also there is no extensions.mkext to delete, not on snow but on 10.5 it shows

Ok my friend, im need said try again with fresh install...and not give up...

By the way, my DMG is 10a432 and im just install DisplayConfigX and bash files...repair permission and reboot...

Look carefully again step by step, maybe you forgot some details...we are human (i guess...hehehe)!!

Im wish luck for you...and please...review my video and try again my friend...this method have no secret...like you see on video. About mkext, is because you are run once Kext Utility, so maybe its not remake another....but fresh install is always very nice...gray screen is because forgot or install resolutions, or not repair permissions, or X3100 kexts is not from 10.6.0.

In time, when you will install bash files, pay attention to final line with -vrf 2A42, and not 2a42...im forgot this details some day and bumm!! Gray on head!!! 

Just for said...im using only my boot files, and im get native resolution on my tri-boot on Snow, Mac and 7...are you already try this method, installing PC EFI, and replace my boot files? Im think that with my files maybe you not need DCX method...think about it...ok?

Tks!!!! ;)

max, when i use your kexts i get kernel panic , but i use your boot file. my leopard dmg is 93D39FFA. i always do fresh install and i use disabler kext, ps2, voodoohda, dsmos pkg, batt kext, and ur boot file and .plist. i have chameleon2 rc3 and i boot into 1024x768 in SL. i have tri boot-win7, snow leopard, and 10.5. On 10.5, the resolution is perfect. maybe u tell me im doing something wrong. but ill keep trying. thanks :]

Hi again!, can someone tell me how to improve graphics performance on the 4500 on Leopard, for example, when I minimize a window, the effect is really :s. while on a QE graphic card the effect is very good.

Can you post tips of how to make leopard run smothly on non QE cards??

Thanks

Are U guys think that the OpenGL built in the 10.6.3 update will make the hardware acceleration able with this standart kexts or maybe the porting of BSD driver will be more easy than now?

Hi my friend, this is our hope!! We hope this because is very bad without "OpenGL"...!!!

max, when i use your kexts i get kernel panic , but i use your boot file. my leopard dmg is 93D39FFA. i always do fresh install and i use disabler kext, ps2, voodoohda, dsmos pkg, batt kext, and ur boot file and .plist. i have chameleon2 rc3 and i boot into 1024x768 in SL. i have tri boot-win7, snow leopard, and 10.5. On 10.5, the resolution is perfect. maybe u tell me im doing something wrong. but ill keep trying. thanks :]

Hi my friend, im not use this version that yours DMG, im use 10a432, and only think that im can said to you not use dsmos pkg, non use dsdt patcher if you not really need, because im not use nothing this. 

Try use Natit kext posted im my previous posts or my all kext in E/E folder, because this kexts could help some anyway, i dont know, but works fine, and if you see video, in system information on my graphic cards, said natit silent rom and nvidia etc...but my card is GMA 4500 intel. So, use my kexts on your Boot files Extra/Extensions, who know after all...you can get great step on leopard, you are close on snow...good luck!!!!

Hi again!, can someone tell me how to improve graphics performance on the 4500 on Leopard, for example, when I minimize a window, the effect is really :s. while on a QE graphic card the effect is very good.

Can you post tips of how to make leopard run smothly on non QE cards??

Thanks

Hi my friend, the graphics when we minimize windows (genius...) is same that with QE. Only diference that im not was using dashboard, that dont have water efect, so its very nice and smothly too...(are you can test to see) is very very nice ...only not have some details...!!! 

max,

im going to go get a copy of 10a432 and try again, also i have leopard installed on mbr, idk if that makes a difference. I will post my results in a bit. thanks

Omidahomi, im wish good luck for you...!!!! TKS!!!

assuming that you fellow users with the 4500 have the same ID's as shown below

Picture3.png

all you will need is the modified x3100 gma which i'll link that I found in another thread.

I take no credit for the file all i did was rename it and put in a string

use kext helper b7 or osx 86 tools or if you have a nice set of balls you can just manually put it in via terminal and don't forget to repair permissions and reboot

you're welcome in advanced if it turns out successful for you

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext.zip

Hi all...good morning!!!

Im edited some files to put on boot, and its works with Chameleon 2.0. Its for some people that not work DisplayConfigX method. (No problem if you are already installed this program, both methods can run together on same OS install).

For try on your risk, just install standart chameleon, not mark extras or theme...before reboot, replace/put my boot files, included hiden boot (to see use ShowAllFiles) and after replace, try reboot.(Its tested only in MBR partition). ** Its necessary use ShowAllFiles (double click) to see hiden boot file installed by Chameleon. Im recomend use fresh install from another partition, and backup your files...

This method was tested and "retested" several times and works fine on GMA intel 4500 without any other programs, and work like a charm in 1280x800 native resolution. Others resolution can run too, but not was tested for me and im not have another hardware to test, only my SONY VAIO laptop...

Chameleon_2.0_RC2_r640.pkg.zip

REPLACE.BOOT.FILES.AFTER.INSTALL.CHAMELEON.2.0.RC2.R640.zip

ShowAllFiles_snow.zip

Over 40% (may be more) of new laptops are coming with 16:9 widescreens, so the native resolution is very often 1366x768. My request is the people who made this kext to do them work with this resolution too :) Many thanks !!!

My dear friend, my last post its not use kexts (only for boot Snow in E/E folder, its necessary anyway) so try only install Chameleon + replace boot files, at this time is especially for users that many diferent resolutions like yours...

Hi all...good morning!!!

Im edited some files to put on boot, and its works with Chameleon 2.0. Its for some people that not work DisplayConfigX method. (No problem if you are already installed this program, both methods can run together on same OS install).

For try on your risk, just install standart chameleon, not mark extras or theme...before reboot, replace/put my boot files, included hiden boot (to see use ShowAllFiles) and after replace, try reboot.(Its tested only in MBR partition). ** Its necessary use ShowAllFiles (double click) to see hiden boot file installed by Chameleon. Im recomend use fresh install from another partition, and backup your files...

This method was tested and "retested" several times and works fine on GMA intel 4500 without any other programs, and work like a charm in 1280x800 native resolution. Others resolution can run too, but not was tested for me and im not have another hardware to test, only my SONY VAIO laptop...

my osx is 10.5.8,so..........

What should I do?

sorry,my english........you know :thumbsdown_anim:

Hi again :)

One more question (again too)

Is it true that Apple will release a Mac with the 4500 card??

That's cause I dobt

It's possible because Apple may release new MacBooks with the Core i5 processor which has Intel GMA HD graphics. I assume that the new GMA HD will be similar to the 4500 MHD so we might be able to use the kext as well.