GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Ok Max! I was able to get my native resolution (1366x768) AFTER installing the boot loader you had, but once again it goes pitch black and I need a flash light because the backlight is not activating. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Anyways thanks again.

Hi my friend...im need know step by step how you install PC EFI, DisplayConfigX and if you replace my boot files after that..

Im sugest you fresh install first. Instal PC EFI, not reboot, replace my Boot files. Reboot. See if you get native resolution. If not, install displayconfigx like tutorial video...

Dont forget said to me if you are using GUI or MBR, im need information...please!!

Sorry to make you puzzled ! The whole thing is really time-consuming and complicated.

Now The SL runs smoothly.

I Use BootThink to boot my SL system , and the resolution is correctly configured by DisplayConfigX.

So many Thanks ,max !

Oh!! Thanks my friend, now I'm relieved, I'm always your orders!!!

Good luck!!! See you!!!

Hi guys,

Can you help me

resolution of my monitor does not support 1280x800

The maximum resolution of my monitor is 1152x864

so, is there someone who can show me how to change the bash-file to support the 1152x864 resolution instead of 1280x800

Thanxrolleyes.gif

Hi guys,

Can you help me

resolution of my monitor does not support 1280x800

The maximum resolution of my monitor is 1152x864

so, is there someone who can show me how to change the bash-file to support the 1152x864 resolution instead of 1280x800

Thanxrolleyes.gif

You try put this resolution with DisplayConfigX?

Not allow 1280x800, only 1024x800 or 1024x768 + 1152x864 ***I think is possible put manually in "Resolution" menu + add button and restart after repair permissions...

Back results, ok? Tks 

Hi my friend...im need know step by step how you install PC EFI, DisplayConfigX and if you replace my boot files after that..

Im sugest you fresh install first. Instal PC EFI, not reboot, replace my Boot files. Reboot. See if you get native resolution. If not, install displayconfigx like tutorial video...

Dont forget said to me if you are using GUI or MBR, im need information...please!!

Unfortunately after those instructions all I get now is a kernel panic or a blank screen with nothing. I'm guessing it's just something with the new LED backlight technology?

Anyways if you have any other way I might be able to get it work please inform me.

Thank you again.

Unfortunately after those instructions all I get now is a kernel panic or a blank screen with nothing. I'm guessing it's just something with the new LED backlight technology?

Anyways if you have any other way I might be able to get it work please inform me.

Thank you again.

Sorry, but without information that im need and you not inform, is more difficult. Not pushing you, but im dont know how to proceed or think light...dont worry,many crashes im was get before get it!!

I canot help if i dont know what your partition, your distro, your bootloader, or details about your boot files.

Im have this tecnology on my screen too, and when im not using displayconfigx, or not edit my plist.theme, im always get backlight too...

Tks anyway...!!!

Sorry, but without information that im need and you not inform, is more difficult. Not pushing you, but im dont know how to proceed or think light...dont worry,many crashes im was get before get it!!

I canot help if i dont know what your partition, your distro, your bootloader, or details about your boot files.

Im have this tecnology on my screen too, and when im not using displayconfigx, or not edit my plist.theme, im always get backlight too...

Tks anyway...!!!

Hi Max

The process I am first installing SnowOSX 3.5, then install PCEFI 10.1 boot loader, then before restart replace the boot file with yours, then reboot. After reboot I configure the DisplayConfigX as you did in your video, then install the patch4500 with -vrf 2A42. Then after reboot I get a black screen.

Anyways thank you so much for all the work you put in to this.

Hi Max

The process I am first installing SnowOSX 3.5, then install PCEFI 10.1 boot loader, then before restart replace the boot file with yours, then reboot. After reboot I configure the DisplayConfigX as you did in your video, then install the patch4500 with -vrf 2A42. Then after reboot I get a black screen.

Anyways thank you so much for all the work you put in to this.

Ok, im think maybe the problem was in your distro 3.5. Is a russian distro? Im see and test 3.6 version and was left many packages...im not afirm with 100%, but this distro is not good to my opinion.

In your place im install 10a432.dmg because is complete. Im think that too your installation files from 10.6.0 is a little diferent of 10.6.2. For exemple, 3100gma kexts, maybe this is your difficult. Look, im sure that your distro is very good installed. But, maybe some packages, like Rosetta and X11 can help in config your old programs like DisplayConfigX.

Thats my opinion. Im ask sorry about that a lot crashes, but my distro is complete install.

Anyway, im like to said not give up. Install other distro on your PC. 2 partition for both mac's: one - snow, and two - 10.5.8 for exemple. You can configure boot files same way (with my boot files). But not change boot file on leopard, only put my files on your snow partition. Use snow first, because my boot files will call snow first if was installed on first partition.

If you will use MBR and seven in 1 partition, no problem, use snow on 2, and mac leopard on 3. Its necessary boot leopard OS to install image file on snow partition. After that, proceed to PC EFI 10 install, replace my files boot, and so, again, in 10.6.0 (for test) you proceed another displayconfigx install + bash files.

And im recommend that after install and try test displayconfigx with 10.6.0, backup all 3100gma kexts. And if all be fine and you get native resolution with this other distro, so you can try update to 10.6.2 and after reboot, delete the "new" 3100 kexts frome S/L/E and replace with kext helper your kexts backup. 

Tks again my dear friend. Im really know how is difficult to put this on work. Maybe some guys that not get it before can try this with another DMG distro, just for eliminate all possibilities to make to this work like me and feel guys.

Hi Max

Thank you always for your support and yes I am using the Russian distro, but i would like to ask you if you are flashing the SnowDVD DMG to the harddrive or is there a distro packed in a DMG? If possible could you let me know what one that is?

Anyways I really appreciate all your work and I hope I get this working!

Thank you.

Hi Max

Thank you always for your support and yes I am using the Russian distro, but i would like to ask you if you are flashing the SnowDVD DMG to the harddrive or is there a distro packed in a DMG? If possible could you let me know what one that is?

Anyways I really appreciate all your work and I hope I get this working!

Thank you.

Hi my dear friend, im sorry about late, but im go out working...im came back!!

Im said tks too, and we around for help you and all users that beautifull OS.

First, for test, im get download 10a432.dmg image 10.6 OS X. Is very big after mount it, so, its necessary install from other Mac OS system already installed. Im have 10.5.8 iDeneb.

So, im discovery a simple way to run snow and if you need delete files or recovery your system, you can easy do this when you have more then one Mac OS installed. Until Snow became stable, we need use another stable version to help us with snow bugs..

Im created 4 partition. First im use GUI, without windows, and after, im use MBR. On prime partition i was reserve for Seven. Second im reserve to Snow, and in 3 im install my iDeneb. Last partition im left for my docs...

Im install Seven, and not worry about boot corrupted, you can fix "repair boot system" using DVD install after so easy. After, im install iDeneb and double click on DMG image, use "Show All Files" for Mac, to see hiden files, and look for OSinstall.mpkg to replace for modifed OSInstall.mpkg to can install in MBR partition. (Remember that the image need be "read and write"). Im need restore the partition, save another in read/write mode, to change this files like OSInstall.mpkg).

After install, im suffering many many times to choice right kexts to put on Extra/Extensions folder on boot partition. But im so glad now, because im discovery very easy way to put all working on 32bit mode. So, to install SNOW, you need get double click on OSIntal.mpkg. Im choose install options like Rosetta (very recomended for old programs) and X11, without print drivers.

Than im install before reboot, a Chameleon 2 rc3, and change hide boot file to PC EFI 10.3 boot (thats my boot file). And i replace my kexts etc..on E/E, edit boot.plist to start up boot on "arch=i386" (is a 32 bit mode) and "ta dá!!" After reboot, my snow was fast like a leopard...heheh!!

Im need to said, that after that great experience, im take a risk to made a flash USB. Im using the same method, but with 2 partitions on USB, 300mb for "Chameleon/PC EFI" bootloader, and 8Gb or higher to Snow Restore Image (im using 16Gb its good, no need more for this). Restore original DMG image to USB using Disk Utility, and replace/put your kexts in boot partition were you install Chameleon, its that all you need...

After reboot, and i need to said, is very quickly boot and all install look very very nice. But, im not discovery yet a way to format partition with Disk Utility from USB boot system on Snow installer. Im change so many files, but still not recognize, only loop think and nothing. So, im "format" (erase) using iDeneb Disk Utility from system. Boot flash USB and install Snow....

But, to install directly, in choose and previous format partition (HFS+) its necessary change anothers two files: "Osinstall" (see this explanation and download file here) and OSIsntall.mpkg to download then is here

Im using simple method, so im put manually my boot files and kexts after install Chameleon. Work like a charm, and is not very difficult. You can get that same easy...

Im can get make a USB flashing with OSX3.6 version, in fact the Russian guys deserve congratulations, but im dont know why im guess this Distros was left many many important files, but...works!! After all, then can create a bootable DVD 4.5 Gb to install Snow 10.6.2. Im working to create my on distro...i will...who knows...hehehe!!!

So, im really thanks for your time too, and im suggest you to try a complete version install, just for try...what ever you need, you can ask anytime, ok? And all you peoples..too!!! Sorry my bad english!! See you my friend, always that you need, ok??!!!!    

TKS!!!!

Hi my dear friend, im sorry about late, but im go out working...im came back!!

Im said tks too, and we around for help you and all users that beautifull OS.

First, for test, im get download 10a432.dmg image 10.6 OS X. Is very big after mount it, so, its necessary install from other Mac OS system already installed. Im have 10.5.8 iDeneb.

So, im discovery a simple way to run snow and if you need delete files or recovery your system, you can easy do this when you have more then one Mac OS installed. Until Snow became stable, we need use another stable version to help us with snow bugs..

Im created 4 partition. First im use GUI, without windows, and after, im use MBR. On prime partition i was reserve for Seven. Second im reserve to Snow, and in 3 im install my iDeneb. Last partition im left for my docs...

Im install Seven, and not worry about boot corrupted, you can fix "repair boot system" using DVD install after so easy. After, im install iDeneb and double click on DMG image, use "Show All Files" for Mac, to see hiden files, and look for OSinstall.mpkg to replace for modifed OSInstall.mpkg to can install in MBR partition. (Remember that the image need be "read and write"). Im need restore the partition, save another in read/write mode, to change this files like OSInstall.mpkg).

After install, im suffering many many times to choice right kexts to put on Extra/Extensions folder on boot partition. But im so glad now, because im discovery very easy way to put all working on 32bit mode. So, to install SNOW, you need get double click on OSIntal.mpkg. Im choose install options like Rosetta (very recomended for old programs) and X11, without print drivers.

Than im install before reboot, a Chameleon 2 rc3, and change hide boot file to PC EFI 10.3 boot (thats my boot file). And i replace my kexts etc..on E/E, edit boot.plist to start up boot on "arch=i386" (is a 32 bit mode) and "ta dá!!" After reboot, my snow was fast like a leopard...heheh!!

Im need to said, that after that great experience, im take a risk to made a flash USB. Im using the same method, but with 2 partitions on USB, 300mb for "Chameleon/PC EFI" bootloader, and 8Gb or higher to Snow Restore Image (im using 16Gb its good, no need more for this). Restore original DMG image to USB using Disk Utility, and replace/put your kexts in boot partition were you install Chameleon, its that all you need...

After reboot, and i need to said, is very quickly boot and all install look very very nice. But, im not discovery yet a way to format partition with Disk Utility from USB boot system on Snow installer. Im change so many files, but still not recognize, only loop think and nothing. So, im "format" (erase) using iDeneb Disk Utility from system. Boot flash USB and install Snow....

But, to install directly, in choose and previous format partition (HFS+) its necessary change anothers two files: "Osinstall" (see this explanation and download file here) and OSIsntall.mpkg to download then is here

Im using simple method, so im put manually my boot files and kexts after install Chameleon. Work like a charm, and is not very difficult. You can get that same easy...

Im can get make a USB flashing with OSX3.6 version, in fact the Russian guys deserve congratulations, but im dont know why im guess this Distros was left many many important files, but...works!! After all, then can create a bootable DVD 4.5 Gb to install Snow 10.6.2. Im working to create my on distro...i will...who knows...hehehe!!!

So, im really thanks for your time too, and im suggest you to try a complete version install, just for try...what ever you need, you can ask anytime, ok? And all you peoples..too!!! Sorry my bad english!! See you my friend, always that you need, ok??!!!!    

TKS!!!!

Hi Max, and once again thanks for your great instructions. And don't worry, your english is fine.

Anyways right now as of typing I am getting a retail copy of OSX so I will tell you if it works out for me.

Anyways thanks so much for your time to.

Hi, I'm Aibek...

And I have a problem with the native resolution with my Intel 4500...

I have HP G70-250US laptop with Pentium Dual-Core @ 2.0, 3 GB Ram...

After installing the kexts and rebooting I have a blurry screen with stripes...I can't see or read anything...

The resolution is set to 1440x900, but still I can't see anything...

Can anybody help me? My video card is Mobile Intel 4500MHD: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_360B103C&REV_07

Hi, I'm Aibek...

And I have a problem with the native resolution with my Intel 4500...

I have HP G70-250US laptop with Pentium Dual-Core @ 2.0, 3 GB Ram...

After installing the kexts and rebooting I have a blurry screen with stripes...I can't see or read anything...

The resolution is set to 1440x900, but still I can't see anything...

Can anybody help me? My video card is Mobile Intel 4500MHD: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_360B103C&REV_07

Hi my friend, you install DisplayConfigX? Or just replace some kexts?

Exist two methods to get native resolution, but in your case, you need test DisplayConfigX and add resolution 1440x900 manually, see my video and download bash file, displayconfigx here.

Dont forget said what is your partition map, MBR or GUI, your bootloader, or your Distro (Snow or Leopard). Good look....and see all posts that im wrote...

Or you can try this another method to change some boot files here. And see this too how edit your theme.plist on extra folder here.

Best regards!!

Hi im new to all this i have an dell studio with an intel GMA 4500MHD and ive tryed everything to get my GMA to work for the game i play and it says it needs 3d GMA i tryed using displayconfigX i really dont know what to do to get it working.if u need my spec's let me know my mac version is 10.6 and i have winvista on the other partition on the hard drive

please help thx

Hi im new to all this i have an dell studio with an intel GMA 4500MHD and ive tryed everything to get my GMA to work for the game i play and it says it needs 3d GMA i tryed using displayconfigX i really dont know what to do to get it working.if u need my spec's let me know my mac version is 10.6 and i have winvista on the other partition on the hard drive

please help thx

Hi...unfortunely, we are still waiting for a complete "driver" (kexts) for this graphic card. Not work games, DVD video, some image programs that need "3D" OpenGL or OpenCL. Only have native resolution, in my case is 1280x800. So, sorry about that, but games work very fine with another graphic card like Nvidia, for exemple. Im suggest you, if you really love games on Mac, use in desktop like mine, with off-board graphic card, because im use in my PC Nvidia 8500 GT 1mb with Quake 3 Arena its very fast...

Best Regards.

Hi...unfortunely, we are still waiting for a complete "driver" (kexts) for this graphic card. Not work games, DVD video, some image programs that need "3D" OpenGL or OpenCL. Only have native resolution, in my case is 1280x800. So, sorry about that, but games work very fine with another graphic card like Nvidia, for exemple. Im suggest you, if you really love games on Mac, use in desktop like mine, with off-board graphic card, because im use in my PC Nvidia 8500 GT 1mb with Quake 3 Arena its very fast...

Best Regards.

You can watch DVD videos by using VLC 0.8.0 (the last version not requiring Quartz Extreme).

Download available on videolan.org in the older versions archive.

You can watch DVD videos by using VLC 0.8.0 (the last version not requiring Quartz Extreme).

Download available on videolan.org in the older versions archive.

Are you can watch DVD format, or DVDrip format, like avi, mkv, dvix(avi) etc..?

Because im watch too just this format files with Quick Time. But DVD full im not can watch...vlc can do read a DVD from optical disc?

Yes. I simply insert my Hellraiser DVD and VLC plays it.

But you must use the 0.8.0 version. Later versions don't work without Quartz.

http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.8.0/macosx/

OOOoooohhhh!!! Great!!! Ual!!!! I will never know if you not tell me...im tested everything, and now, this version on VLC...

Thanks a lot my friend, a new think to put our hachintosh in update!!! Im so glad that you canot imagine...its living and learn!!! TKS AGAIN!!!! Yuhuuuuuuu!!!!! Works fine, man!!! Oh, great job!!! :P

max, i used you DisplayConfigX method and got resoluti

on 1280 x 800 which is beautiful thanks you! :] howver under system profiler it now says that i have a GMA X3100 when i really have a GMA 4500MHD lol thanks so much tho

Oh!! Great!! Nice to back results!! Yes, system will says that because bash file modified and use GMA X3100...thats it!!! 

TKS!! And enjoy it!!!

Hi Max

After long and hard work of repartitioning, getting a copy of snow retail, restoring, on and on, I got it to install, but once again NO backlight.

I really don't think it's possible since my native resolution is 1366x768 which is an 16:9 resolution and also since it uses a LED backlight. Anyways if you have anymore suggestions please tell me.

Thank you so much for all the work you put into to make other gma 4500 gfx work.

Cheeseplox

Hi Max

After long and hard work of repartitioning, getting a copy of snow retail, restoring, on and on, I got it to install, but once again NO backlight.

I really don't think it's possible since my native resolution is 1366x768 which is an 16:9 resolution and also since it uses a LED backlight. Anyways if you have anymore suggestions please tell me.

Thank you so much for all the work you put into to make other gma 4500 gfx work.

Cheeseplox

Hi cheeseplox, im need thank you for be patient...my friend, im would ask you if you add in DisplayConfigX your resolution manually, include all others resolutions...like 1024x768, 1280x800 and your 1366x768...

Im want to know too if you install PC EFI and replace my bootfiles, because maybe i can edit your theme.plist (if you not try already). Oh, my friend, your hardware is "tuff guy", but we not give up!! hehehe!!! Tks again for back results...!!!

Hi cheeseplox, im need thank you for be patient...my friend, im would ask you if you add in DisplayConfigX your resolution manually, include all others resolutions...like 1024x768, 1280x800 and your 1366x768...

Im want to know too if you install PC EFI and replace my bootfiles, because maybe i can edit your theme.plist (if you not try already). Oh, my friend, your hardware is "tuff guy", but we not give up!! hehehe!!! Tks again for back results...!!!

Hi Max,

Thank you for your patience too my friend.

Anyways I installed everything (PC EFI, Your boot files) except for DisplayConfigX because it will not let me put 1366x768 as an resolution, only 1368x768, which I think will run into some problems. And not 1280x800 because it will be more blurry than 1024x768.

Anyways once again thank you so much! :(

Hi Max,

Thank you for your patience too my friend.

Anyways I installed everything (PC EFI, Your boot files) except for DisplayConfigX because it will not let me put 1366x768 as an resolution, only 1368x768, which I think will run into some problems. And not 1280x800 because it will be more blurry than 1024x768.

Anyways once again thank you so much! ;)

Ok my friend, now im have a idea, if you can, im post same boot files, but modified when is necessary to change your results on boot. Who knows? What you think? I can post then? It my pleasure help...tks again!!!

Ok my friend, now im have a idea, if you can, im post same boot files, but modified when is necessary to change your results on boot. Who knows? What you think? I can post then? It my pleasure help...tks again!!!

Alright Max, I'll "quickly" reinstall SnowLeopard and will try so please post the files.

And thank you so much again!