[BOOT-132] Legacy AppleHDA

stickpin

232 posts in this topic

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard with Realtek ALC889A. I am using munky's EFI installation method described here.

I haven't tested all the inputs / outputs, but the main output works with both beta v4 and beta v5. However, there is a pop sound when a sound is play after a period of silence.

Thanks for all your work on this! This is one of the last components to a completely vanilla install for me.

I think ill work on some better solution with DSDT soon... For now i can only work on my current 889A(885), really busy at work now.

Looking forward to your DSDT solution!

I'm currently using your legacy support with munky's EFI booter. It's been working great on an ALC885 board (DFI LP LT X38).

So Im trying to get this working with my ALC888 on ICH10R board.. In system profiler under audio I get

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID:	0x18490888
 Audio ID:	888
 Available Devices:
 Line Out:
 Connection:	1/8 inch Jack
 Headphone:
 Line In:
 Speaker:
 Connection:	Internal
 S/P-DIF Out:
 Connection:	Optical
 S/P-DIF In:
 Connection:	Optical

but under my Sound tab.. I have nothing.. no output no input no sound period.. I've been workin at this for a few days now with little success.. Any ideas?

So Im trying to get this working with my ALC888 on ICH10R board.. In system profiler under audio I get

but under my Sound tab.. I have nothing.. no output no input no sound period.. I've been workin at this for a few days now with little success.. Any ideas?

check your system.log under console, if you are getting lots of sound assertion errors, its not workign properly. i have alc888 on a ga-p53-ds3l and i've not been able to get this to work even inside of s/l/e. i debated reading up on the hda tutorial which basically has a guide to gettting this to function, but i wasn't sure if the whole dsdt was going to replace even the plist only drivers after reading up on it

i think the alc888 (both address 0 and 2) need to be reworked

i might look at this in the next few weeks, but given my hackintosh is not my main comp and i rarely use it for anything involving sound, its not a high priority for me

i will say i can't play plasma pong and thats a shame.

Got a couple

12/9/08 2:48:35 PM kernel Sound assertion "0 == fInterruptSource" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 215 goto Exit1

12/9/08 2:48:35 PM kernel Sound assertion "0 == fInterruptSource" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 215 goto Exit1

12/9/08 2:48:43 PM SystemUIServer[124] There is no output device, unloading

ALC888 Addr2 BETA4 no longer works under 10.5.6 for me. Sound was working fine in 10.5.5. The motherboard is P35-DS3L with EFI partition (Munky) boot install. I still see the Audio profile under System profiler but the Audio ID 12 instead of 888. I guess similar problem as Tempted stated above. Any ideas on resolving this? Thanks!

It works!!!!!

Mobo: GA-73PVM-S2H

ALC889a detected as ALC885

I used tarugas HDAenabler.kext and AppleHDA.kext

The sound worked and system profiler displayed everything correct, but the sound only worked for 10 to 30 minutes then it started to put out small burst of popping sound.

I installed the V5 kext and now I have tested it for three hours and it still works.

I could not use the HDAenabler.kext from V5.

Thank you very much!!!

I have been trying everything to get it to work.

Kexts installed in the following configuration:

Motherboard: EP45-UD3

Audio chipset: ALC889A

OS: Leopard 10.5.6 totally vaniglia, added only dsmos.kext, DSDT.aml (patched with HDA+HPET), modified Boot.plist (7900GT and ethernet)

Booter: Chameleon 1.0.11 modified with netkas EFI v9.0

Used the /Extra folder trick to store the kext from this post

Used V5 kexts.

Results: Analog out works. Analog input No works.

Thanks for the great effort in this project.

ginosky

Hello,

after 10.5.6 I was getting distorted sound with my patched AppleHDA for the ALC888, so I was looking for a new driver and found this. It fixes the sound, now I have an untouched /S/L/E and I also have one more line out. This is really great!

But unfortunately I get loads of errors in the system.log every 5 seconds:

Dec 21 21:08:42 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1358 goto handler
Dec 21 21:08:47 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "1" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1658 goto handler
Dec 21 21:08:47 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1358 goto handler
Dec 21 21:08:52 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "1" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1658 goto handler
Dec 21 21:08:52 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1358 goto handler
Dec 21 21:08:57 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "1" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1658 goto handler
Dec 21 21:08:57 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1358 goto handler
Dec 21 21:09:02 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "1" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1658 goto handler
Dec 21 21:09:02 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1358 goto handler
Dec 21 21:09:07 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "1" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1658 goto handler
Dec 21 21:09:07 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1358 goto handler
Dec 21 21:09:12 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "1" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1658 goto handler
Dec 21 21:09:12 Andreas kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1358 goto handler

I tried Add0 and Add2. Is there any way to fix this?

Please go on with the sound driver solutions. I'm looking forward to the next versions. ;)

Anyone have a working solution for 889a with microphone input working as an input, and without the pop whenever a sound is played? Taruga's AppleHDA works great for me, but i want a vanilla solution, and I haven't been able to figure out how to convert the working .kext I have to Legacy .kext's to be loaded in boot132. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the one thing that holds me back from a completely vanilla install.

P.S. I'm on a gigabyte p35-ds4

Anyone have a working solution for 889a with microphone input working as an input, and without the pop whenever a sound is played? Taruga's AppleHDA works great for me, but i want a vanilla solution, and I haven't been able to figure out how to convert the working .kext I have to Legacy .kext's to be loaded in boot132. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the one thing that holds me back from a completely vanilla install.

P.S. I'm on a gigabyte p35-ds4

@TallonKrd

You may try my edited kexts, also I edited stickpin's Lagacy kexts. I got all analog ports working, except digital. I also would like to know who can solve cracking/pop up sound.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=140941

works like a dream, using 882 address 0 on an ASUS P5W with all inputs and outputs.

many thanks,

Marc

El Massman, What version do you used?

Legacy AppleHDA is not working in 10.5.6, ASUS P5W DH DELUXE MOBO.

If you success, share me, please

hi there, thanks for the effort

i have alc888

gigabye ga-p31-ds3l mobo

using munky efi method

and it does not work.

i get those errors:

can't find extension com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController

extension "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController" cannot be found

Couldn't alloc class "AppleHDAController"

although i get in the system profiler my audio info.

but no inputs or outputs in the audio settings.

whats causing this?

Legacy AppleHDA for BOOT-132.

Updated: 13.10.2008

Thanks alot for hard work to: Taruga, Kabyl, Munky, CycloneFr and all Chameleon Team.

Thanks alot to THe KiNG (XyZ) for great research and AppleHDA - Knowledge Base.

@stickpin

Hello. I used the V5 files you posted for the ALC889A and they seems to work for the analog output part (digital output works too, tested today in V5 and V4). I was trying to get rid of the error messages in the console and I read that they probably appears for a not correctly settled map paths.

So I began to study your plist following the guide by THe kING, but I don't understand how you properly choose the pin configuration sequence.

Can you give me an help? This is my post in the thread by THe kING: post.

Hope that you can give just an help to understand.

Thanks a lot.

@Stickpin,

Thank you for your terrific work!

Using retail Leopard 10.5.6 with the Extra/Extensions method.

Using all your 3 kexts from ALC883 beta4 address0, sound works perfect and everything shows up perfectly in system profiler and sound system preferences. Only the internal mic doesn't seem to work for now. Also, I see a lot of sound assertion errors while booting. But the huge advantage is that I am using vanilla 10.5.6 AppleHDA

EDIT: the internal mic actually works. I just had to increase the input volume level.

post-104137-1230584897_thumb.png

post-104137-1230584921_thumb.png

post-104137-1230584940_thumb.png

Hi, STICKPIN.My sound card is Realtek ALC883 Address 1. Can you help me compile a LAGACY working one for me.I installed above two none of `em working. IF you can solve it then the ALC883 Family you have cracked lol. Good luck,dude. :D

I`ve provided my card info in the forum. Search alc883 address 1 or my ID kidalive will be OK.

Here is a kext compiled by Cesar di. He almost solved it.

Go There Now