nForce LAN driver

eno

740 posts in this topic

Hi

I tried 0.64.0 on Asus P5N-E SLI (nForce 650i SLI) but didn't worked :

romain-mac-pro:~ romain$ sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/nForceLAN.kext/

Password:

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/nForceLAN.kext/ appears to be loadable

9nForceLAN is not compatible with its superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/nForceLAN.kext/

link/load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/nForceLAN.kext/

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

I returned on 0.62.13n which works perfectly. :)

reporting super success guysss...!!!worked lyk a bloody charmm...wod i did...jus deleted 0.64 and installed 0.62.13 and datss itt...widout even a restarttt.....it just detected the ethernet....connected via dhcp...n here i am...15 seconds later...posting this on my COMPLETE mac 10.5.7(updating to 10.5.8 now.... :)) !!! thankss lottttt eno.... take care mahnn...

Users with the MSI k9n SLI Motherboard (using nForce 570 SLI MCP), what doesnt support ethernet out of the box, should download:

0.62.13n (test) Attached File nForceLAN_0.62.13.kext.zip ( 37.35K )

(the latest version is not working)

i now have full ethernet support -> iDeneb 10.5.6

Could somebody please recompile for 64 bit snow leopard? Thanks!

Will do. I will try to post both 10.5 (i386) and 10.6 (i386/x86_64) builds later today. I will also make sure the problems people have been having with 0.64.0 under 10.5 go away (the latest build was made under SL using the 10.5 sdk).

Users with the MSI k9n SLI Motherboard (using nForce 570 SLI MCP), what doesnt support ethernet out of the box, should download:

0.62.13n (test) Attached File nForceLAN_0.62.13.kext.zip ( 37.35K )

(the latest version is not working)

i now have full ethernet support -> iDeneb 10.5.6

I take it you got the same error as daksh_jay (nForceLAN is not compatible with its superclass)?

Great job! Thank you so much!

I 've downloaded this:

0.64.0 (Snow Leopard: x86_64 i386) zip.gif nForceLAN_SnowLeopard.kext.zip ( 63.16K )

which seems to work flawlessly on my new 10A432 Snow installation!(both on-board ethernet ports are working). Now I only need a 64bit version of AppleNforceATA.kext for snow.

Here are some informations about my system:

Motherboard: Supermicro H8DAE-2 with nVidia MCP55 Pro chipset which supports up to two Six-Core AMD Opteron 2000/8000 processors

Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Aplus Products | Motherboards | H8DAE-2

Processor: 1x Opteron 8214 (for the time being) :-)

Ram: 4 GB Samsung DDR2 667 Registered ECC Unbuffered

Graphics Card: Nvidia 9400 GT

I also have two SATA hard disks, 120 GB and 640GB , a Sony IDE DVD reader and an Optiarc DVD Recorder.

Great driver. Installed nForceLAN_0.62.13.kext.zip with no headaches, however, after booting several times it seems to lose network settings and defaulting to 169.x ... manually installed it several times and just can't pull a valid network ip.

Update:

My fifth reboot after the last install.. removed the preferences/network adaptor from the network readded it and pulled a valid ip

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

Northbridge NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI SPP rev. A2

Southbridge NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI MCP rev. A3

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 07/07/2008

OCZ2P10662G PC2-6400 (400 MHz) 4096 MBytes

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P [ATA Device] [CD-ROM drive]

NVIDIA STRIPE [sATA Device] 68.95G (74.03 GB) <- Vista64 - Bootloader is already set.

ST3500641A [ATA Device] (500.11 GB) <- Mac OS X Partitioned x 2 (118 / 382) rdisk0s1

Try the 0.64 driver. Its info.plist file has your ID in it. You gotta install the kext manually though. There isn't a package install for it yet since its a beta driver.

Downloaded the Tiger/Leopard one (correct one to use with 10.5.6 right?) and installed it manually. Internet Sharing option is still grayed out and "built-in ethernet" isn't showing up in the list. Think I'm doing something wrong or might this still not be working correctly since it's beta?

Downloaded the Tiger/Leopard one (correct one to use with 10.5.6 right?) and installed it manually. Internet Sharing option is still grayed out and "built-in ethernet" isn't showing up in the list. Think I'm doing something wrong or might this still not be working correctly since it's beta?

Did you check if the device ID and vendor ID are in the info.plist file for it?

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to use the nForce LAN kext in the Extra folder by some way?

Thanks!

I don't see why it wouldn't work in the Extra folder.

Hello, actually I'm new here. I was disappointed with my Ethernet driver. I'm using iDeneb 10.5.6 on K9N6PGM2-V Nforce mobo. everything work nice but only Ethernet are not working. Any suggestion for the driver?

really want it.

Try the 0.64.0 driver for your OS from the first post in this thread.

this works on Zotec 9300 ITX With Snow

you have to move the nvenet.kext from IONetworkwork..... Plugins

nvenet really caused issues with my board , even when booted in Linux , it would not work again until I pulled power from box

thanks !!!

just found out it does not survive sleep , must be something with this board or Snow

this works on Zotec 9300 ITX With Snow

you have to move the nvenet.kext from IONetworkwork..... Plugins

nvenet really caused issues with my board , even when booted in Linux , it would not work again until I pulled power from box

thanks !!!

since snow broke my arthos wireless card support your driver saved me!

32bit installed in s/l/e and e/e and put in the IOnetworkfamily.kext as a plugin in the s/l/e and e/e as well then used diskutil to repair permissions and then ran kext utility to generate mkext.

Hi Eno, great job with this, very impressive and a great help!

I've got a problem with my Chipset, Zotac 9300-ITX (MCP7A) Series, ethernet listed as RTL8211CL.

I tried the 0.64 driver with 10.5.8, and while it brings up the ethernet interface, it cannot grab a valid DHCP address. The strange thing is that even while using the bogus 169 address, it sometimes displays other machines on my network when in a window browsing files in the Finder...

I'm sorry if the answer to this is posted already, I searched through many pages and couldn't locate the solution, if it exists.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't get it to load... I'll do some test, maybe it's just me :P

Edit: ok working good now, just needed to add IONetworkingFamily.kext to the Extra folder as well...

Unfortunatly I have the same problem. It does not seem to load at all. Although I added the IONetworkingFamily.kext. Systemprofiler says no network at all.

I am running 10.6 on P5N-E Sli. Kexts in /Extra/Extensions/

system.log does not say anithing about LAN.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.