nForce LAN driver

eno

740 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Hi Eno,

Thanks for your efforts. nForceLan doesn't work properly under SL for the Gigabyte ga-e7aum-ds2h. Specifically it doesn't wake from sleep. I've tried different methods of installing it. In /E/E along with IONetFam and also by removing nevent and putting it in IONetfam/content/plugins (always with clearing the caches). This latter results in no lan device detected.

Odd thing is I used it successfully on the same board under Leopard (albeit an earlier version of nForceLan).

Any help would be appreciated.

I will try to fix the problem later this week if I can recreate the bug on my mbp. If not I will have to get SL somehow installed on my desktop.

Thanks. Let me know if you want something tested. At this point I have a fair amount of SL install experience so feel free to ping me with questions about that as well.

Confirmed here too, with SL 10.6.2 on an ASUS Striker Extreme (680i). Machine in general sleeps and wakes great, but the nForceLAN kext is dead.

Would really appreciate this being looked into! ;)

If I can find any log outputs I'll try to help.

Cheers! :)

I found the sleep problem (it is reproducible on a genuine nVidia mac) but I have not yet determined the cause. After waking from sleep the driver no longer receives any interrupts from the NIC. Reloading the driver does not help but a reboot does. This suggests that some part of the device's state is not being reloaded correctly. That said, I should have the problem fixed early this week :(.

Sleep bug fixed in 0.64.2 :rolleyes:

Going to try it now ... Thank You en0 ...

Edit: Looks like it works now after wake ... On my pc, the side effect is it takes a little longer to go into sleep now, BUT I am NOT complaining ....

Also, wasn't the v0.64.0 64-bit ? or was that a 3-rd party port floating around ?

Quick question to en0, which one is for Snow and which is for Leopard in the pkg .. ? ( if I just want to extract )

nforcelan.pkg = ? and nforcelan-1.pkg = ?

Thank You ...

Going to try it now ... Thank You en0 ...

Edit: Looks like it works now after wake ... On my pc, the side effect is it takes a little longer to go into sleep now, BUT I am NOT complaining ....

Awesome. I should be able to speed up the sleep time somewhat when I get a chance to cleanup some code that was made irrelevant by the sleep fix.

Also, wasn't the v0.64.0 64-bit ? or was that a 3-rd party port floating around ?

The build should be 64-bit but I wasn't probably paying attention to the build target (some of the changes made to the Tiger build target were affecting the SL one). I will post a new package later today.

Quick question to en0, which one is for Snow and which is for Leopard in the pkg .. ? ( if I just want to extract )

nforcelan.pkg = ? and nforcelan-1.pkg = ?

Thank You ...

nforcelan.pkg should be the SL one.

hi.. thanks for nforce Lan kext

my issue is

I ve installed successfully 10.5.2. zeproyth. but not able detect LAN/Audio/GFX

my sys config

A8N-Vm Nvidia Chipset MB

6100Geforce

410 Nforce

Amd 3200+

working usb=mouse/keyboard

i could boot perfectly without error.

i ve tried to install force deth0.3.kext

from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...3&start=700

forcedth.kext installed and loaded successfully

but i dont know where to find Lan settings. its not showing in network

how to confirm nforce driver installed ?

how to setup?? configure LAN?

thanks

forcedeth is obsolete. Install nForceLAN from the first post in this thread (use the 0.64.3 mpkg). The NIC will appear in the Network System Preferences panel on the next boot.

hi.. thanks for nforce Lan kext

my issue is

I ve installed successfully 10.5.2. zeproyth. but not able detect LAN/Audio/GFX

my sys config

A8N-Vm Nvidia Chipset MB

6100Geforce

410 Nforce

Amd 3200+

working usb=mouse/keyboard

i could boot perfectly without error.

i ve tried to install force deth0.3.kext

from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...3&start=700

forcedth.kext installed and loaded successfully

but i dont know where to find Lan settings. its not showing in network

how to confirm nforce driver installed ?

how to setup?? configure LAN?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to add my experience in so far and my grateful thanks to you for this.

On an ECS nForce 570 SLIT-A board with the Marvell 88E1116 LAN controller, this works fine so far. I remember reading about downloading big files and having problems with some other driver but so far I haven't had that happen with this one.

A little tinkering for a first-timer in the Networking settings, making sure to reset the router/modem, and you'll have a working LAN again.

Thanks so much!! And thanks to Verdant for directing me to this thread.

• 2 weeks later...